CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not digging the white background so much, the previous board was much easier to read.
^This. SO MUCH THIS!

Provide a sticky thread once you guys give us the CLASSIC CAG style, because this change is not helpful, at all. Maybe it is to casual idiots, but I don't know why you guys would try to pander to that audience.

i too am a fan of the dark background...

anyways... it's not so much a bug (since the Old CAG did it too) but uhh.... when i quote someone who has a quote in their post....

it only quotes what they said, not the quote they quoted... (i realize i could find that quote and multi-quote it but it's kinda lame)

would be nice if when you quoted someone, you quoted their entire post, including a quote they posted.

try it on my post? you won't be able to quote my quote.

i like cheese!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm, I see BF3 meme here just opposite "black to white" :D . Certainly changes are goods but not at all. I think the homepage is like a mess, my eyes hurt finding what is which, the text font feels "slimmer", somehow all the PMs I deleted, are now back ??? Say If I want to check sent PMs, I gotta scroll all the way down to do that ?

I assume the warning points thing is just visible to you, if not I'm the only one that has it  :oops:

Have I been flagged as a trouble-maker  :twoguns:

The white background actually suits my MST3k pic better!

I'm curious, on the front page of CAG 2.0 it would say next to each thread the last time a person posted in that thread, and who posted it.

Any chance this is coming back? I personally found it very useful.
I'd like to second this. The timestamp of most recent post is very helpful.

Looking forward to the dark theme as well, this white one does not render well on my laptop screen. But I'll be patient! Thanks for the hard work, guys.

Is it possible to view the site in the 2.0 version? I like the old site much better even though this new one looks pretty cool also.

anyways... it's not so much a bug (since the Old CAG did it too) but uhh.... when i quote someone who has a quote in their post....

it only quotes what they said, not the quote they quoted... (i realize i could find that quote and multi-quote it but it's kinda lame)

would be nice if when you quoted someone, you quoted their entire post, including a quote they posted.

i like cheese!
I fixed it.

i like cheese!
The old board did that also by default but I see Cheapy changed it so nevermind.

We are going to get the ability to edit thread titles back, right?  My CAG Trading thread is all effed up now because I can't change the title.

Maybe it's just me, but how do you quote somebody in Mobile?

Also, any way to quickly jump to the last post unread? Going page-by-page in Mobile will get tiring very fast.

The quoting thing being fixed is nice. Now less confusion on who was quoting what on some posts.

So far, I'm loving the new version.  I'm probably one of the few users who likes the white background.

One question though.  Is it possible to implement a "work mode" or some sort?  Where it hides the avatars and signatures on the forums?  If this option is already available, I'd love if someone could point me to it.  

Thanks and keep up the great work!

So, I can't find my tradelist... I'm guessing it was deleted since it was originated a long time ago?

And can we go back to the previous theme (dark background, white text) in any way?

EDIT* Why the hell are there messages from 2005 in my inbox...?

You can like posts now, it seems. But the button doesn't seem to work at the time of posting. Instead I get:

An error occurred
You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Hmm.. How do I say this and not p' anybody off?

CAG 2.0 looks a billion times better than this. It had character and ease. This reminds of 1 of those other.... Well. Yeah.

Really not digging the white background.

Always loved the the black one when reading this forum late at nigh especially. It's much easier on the eyes.

Maybe it's just me, but how do you quote somebody in Mobile?

Also, any way to quickly jump to the last post unread? Going page-by-page in Mobile will get tiring very fast.
Clicking on amessage expands it so you can quote.

You can use the extension Change Colors to make white on black in Chrome. It's not perfect, for example this text box I'm typing into is still black on white, but it makes the site more readable for those who like the inversed colors.

Really not digging the white background.

Always loved the the black one when reading this forum late at nigh especially. It's much easier on the eyes.
This. I'm hoping there ends up being some way to configure it per user choice, at least.

Edit: Oh, good, I see the red now. Hadn't even looked at the OP yet.

So far, I'm loving the new version. I'm probably one of the few users who likes the white background.

One question though. Is it possible to implement a "work mode" or some sort? Where it hides the avatars and signatures on the forums? If this option is already available, I'd love if someone could point me to it.

Don't know about avatars but you can disable all signatures by either clicking the checkbox under Ignore Preferences under you settings or you can click on the X in the upper right hand of someone's signature block and it gives you the option to ignore that signature or all signatures.

Ok update the site looks fine in firefox its chrome that is an issue. Under chrome the site is unreadable. I even tried incognito mode to make sure. The fonts are all messed up and missing chunks of letters.

So where are the forum settings? I'd like to see more threads/posts per page. White background and barely readable font are making navigating the pages a bit hard right now. I'm sure you guys are working on that though. Good luck.

I am totally fine with the forum being updated... but what happened to the front page? cheapassgamer.com now links directly to the forum. Where can I view recent newsposts, etc.?

...Also, the change has completely ruined my avatar. What's up with the gray border?

My first question was answered in red. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for reading the OP instead of posting like an idiot.

Also, not being able to change the title is a pretty huge deal for the XBL thread. Hope that is able to be implemented later.

Also, is it still possible to wikify posts?

Love the look of the screen shots, but right now the site does seem very clinical and default.  Early days I guess. 

Sorry, but this new design is terrible.  I understand having to update servers and move stuff around, but for some reason, people believe that change is always for the best and tend to forget the adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Not sure if has something to do with my resolution or what not, but the text/font used looks like crap.

See here, lowered size a bit, but that's how it looks on my laptop running native 1280x800.

cag8puss.png
Ditto, on the awful font, I'm running chrome 1680 x 1050 on a NEC P221W in portrait mode (looks only marginally better in IE 10

Hoping that dark version of the site comes very soon.  I hate every single thing I've seen so far about the new site, the old site was great and this new one is garbage.  It's a shame sites always want to upgrade.  If it ain't broke don't fix it.  Oh well, just my 2 cents.

I hope CheapyD doesn't mind killing off the branding for his site because the look of the site doesn't stand out at all. On the bright side at least the content is still good.

So far, I'm loving the new version. I'm probably one of the few users who likes the white background.

One question though. Is it possible to implement a "work mode" or some sort? Where it hides the avatars and signatures on the forums? If this option is already available, I'd love if someone could point me to it.

Don't know about avatars but you can disable all signatures by either clicking the checkbox under Ignore Preferences under you settings or you can click on the X in the upper right hand of someone's signature block and it gives you the option to ignore that signature or all signatures.
Oh, didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up on that. That definitely does help simplify things on my end.

I'm usually leave a tab open for CAG while I'm at work (as I currently am) and its just easier to keep the forums as simple and clean as possible without the pics to...you know...keep attention away from my computer screen.

Is the new forum now vulnerable to spambots? I don't recall ever seeing spam posts before, but now the contests/free stuff board is plastered with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back