CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapatalk seems jacked up for this site as of this morning. While the mobile version is actually kinda cool on cag 3.0, it still isn't tapatalk. Hope that gets brought back eventually. Though I reckon your saving Sprint some bandwidth with me not checking the site as much :)

The new theme is pretty bad. So wasteful space-wise, and so bland. I don't want garrish combinations at all, but this sight needs something to spruce it up. I will switch to the dark theme once they make it available, but I hope it also cuts down on the tons of white space.

Sorry Cheapy, really hating the look and layout of the site. The white has got to go and there seems to be more fluff to the site than needs to be.

Maybe it's just me, but how do you quote somebody in Mobile?

Also, any way to quickly jump to the last post unread? Going page-by-page in Mobile will get tiring very fast.
Clicking on amessage expands it so you can quote.
Ah, thank you.

EDIT: Apparently, just clicking on the thread title takes me to the last unread post (or my own post) on Mobile. I think. When I clicked this thread title, it took me to this post instead of Page 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see the home page have new graphics added. Perhaps the Cheapy/Wombat/Ship characters somewhere. Any newcomer to the site may be turned off by the sparse splash page. Just a thought - I think it's great and easy to read for the regulars but it's not exactly exciting for new users to stay and peruse.

wow cheapy worked fast fixing the muiltiquote thing i mentioned...

that's awesome....

(I hope our trade feedback is added back under our avatars)

Can we add a link to social groups on the mobile site? I don't see anyway to access aside from having to use the desktop format.

Glad to read the dark theme is coming.  This white theme looks like shit. 

Seems like a ton of wasted space on the sides, too.

Okay...I'm probably the only one who's prefers a white background (in general) but I HAVE gotten used to the black, and while I prefer white, there seems to be a lot of wastage of space (like someone else mentioned earlier on)

Now, when you guys bring back the dark background, will users be able to choose which one they want?

Because I wonder who that'd work.

Imagine someone who's typing in white on a black background and someone (probably just me) has the white enabled.

Aw... Why'd you get rid of the thread icons?? I loved those. Very easy to quickly spot a Best Buy deal, or Xbox/PS3 only thread, etc. when skimming through the pages. I hope you bring those back :(

Not a fan of the white. I was hoping for an option to change it back to black, but no such luck. I guess I will have to get used to it blarring me in the face.

Ooh, I found a thread for 3.0 talk.  2 things:

1. Will there be a way that I can access the archives like I've been doing for the past 8 years? (old master URL was cheapassgamer.com/forums/archive)  It makes threads easy to find in an instant, especially at work.

2. When you implement the dark theme, please name it "Your parents' basement"

When I try to import my avatar from a URL I get

member_profile_disabled

I am sure I am missing something stupid, but um, help please.

I'll be honest, just poking around now this seems pretty awful.  I don't see any features which feel more intuitive than they were before, and I don't think it's entirely that I'm used to 2.0 (though I'm sure that's part of it).  I've got faith in the CAG team though, so I'm sure they'll make improvements as they go.

1) The font is horrible. The tops of capital letters are cut off.

2) The font on quote boxes is so light they blend in with the background.

3) Logos look horrible on white.

Finding it hard to read the site right now, so apologies if this has been addressed: will we be getting variable width forums? Right now at 1920x1080 the actual content is taking up maybe half my screen.

Just to add some feedback - and I hate posting pure negative feedback on the internet (I think it's a bad habit people get into), but I honestly think the front page needs work to look more inviting.  Right now it looks like one of those fake blog sites where all the links go go ads.

The only colour on the front page is the ad and the top bar is so small I didn't even notice it at first   I really liked having the podcasts right up front and the twitter feed handy.

I'd go so far as to suggest that if this layout was the old site, and you switched to the way you had it before - people would be congratulating you on your updates.

I assume most of this was done to make it better on mobile, and no worries - I'll still go to your site, but if I wasn't already converted - I'd probably just go meh and move on.

Do we lose all our trading feedback?
I have the same question. That's pretty essential for those of us who use the site to trade. Would this be covered under the "marketplace" still needing to be converted?

I look forward to being able to try out the dark background, as I think the site will look much better with it. I'm also having the same font issue that others are having, where some of the smaller, thinner fonts appear to be breaking up. I'm using Opera as my browser, so it's not just a Chrome issue. Also having an issue with editing old text -- new text seems to be fine so far, but for old text (i.e. in an edited post that was originally typed on CAG 2.0), none of the formatting options would save. I'd click "bold" and the text simply wouldn't turn bold.

I do really like the new post editor. When it works, it's much easier and simpler to use than the old HTML-based one.

One more suggestion/issue: it's really difficult to navigate through longer threads right now. Currently, a huge thread like the Amazon Deals thread has only three page numbers at the top that you can click on. For example, it's on page 634 right now. If I wanted to look back and read something on page 620, it's going to take me forever to get there. On the old board, there were "bookmarks" every so-and-so number of pages which allowed for easier navigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got this error opening the General Gaming and Industry Forum.  Refreshed and it opened fine.

mySQL query error: SELECT f.*,p.*,itemmarking.* FROM forums f LEFT JOIN permission_index p ON ( p.perm_type='forum' AND p.app='forums' AND p.perm_type_id=f.id ) 
LEFT JOIN core_item_markers itemmarking ON ( itemmarking.item_member_id=13956 AND itemmarking.item_app='forums' AND itemmarking.item_app_key_1=f.id )

The new site has only been live a few hours I figure most concerns will be addressed within the next few days.

Can we get a one-click method of seeing our recent subscribed threads, like before?

Also is there a one-click method to go to the most recent post of a thread that I'm just missing?

It really seems like everything that used to be fast and simple on the old forum is now buried behind multiple clicks.

Can we get a one-click method of seeing our recent subscribed threads, like before?

Also is there a one-click method to go to the most recent post of a thread that I'm just missing?

It really seems like everything that used to be fast and simple on the old forum is now buried behind multiple clicks.
You can click the circle or star to the left of a topic to go to the first post.

Still trying to figure out my avatar, and why I can't import it.

You can click the circle or star to the left of a topic to go to the first post.
Seems like it should be the other way around.

So where is the User CP so I can get a list of the threads I've posted in?

Also, is there a way to change the settings to view 50 or 100 posts per page?

Fixed the permissions problems so everyone can edit profile, change username (once per year), like & report posts, and other stuff that wasn't working properly.

Thanks for your continued patience.

So where is the User CP so I can get a list of the threads I've posted in?

Also, is there a way to change the settings to view 50 or 100 posts per page?
Are you looking for your subscribed list or your post list? All posts you've made I believe is under your profile view and subscribed/followed is under Content I Follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back