CAG contest is over....Congrats to Super_Nerd!

Demon's Souls for the PS3. After 150 hours played, It's probably the most refreshing RPG experience I've ever played. The game is multiverse of worlds, layered one over the other, parallel worlds; multiple dimensions. It's an interesting approach.

ICO has been the best game I have ever played. It was a great story and the game gave you an emotional attachment.

I'm going to have to say Psychonauts for the Xbox/PS2/PC. It was a game with a completely novel idea, got me to actually laugh out loud (a rare thing for me when I'm consuming any kind of media), and provided a genuinely fun experience from beginning to end.

• PSN Card
  • $15 Subway Card
  • cod 4 because all the cheaters and glitchers are playing modern warfare 2.

FF III/VI for its amazing story. I played it nearly constantly when I got it only stopping to sleep. I skipped thanksgiving dinner.

Disgaea close second as its one of the few games I played through several times. Halarity fun etc....

Favorite game of all time is probably Shining Force 2. It was my first strategy/RPG game, and I played it to death.

Metal Gear: Solid (PSX)

It was the first game that really got me into gaming. I have always gamed, but when I bought my first Playstation and my first game was Metal Gear Solid, I was addicted... MANY sleepless nights staying up and beating it...

It's been nothing but pure gaming since then xD

My favorite game of all time is Super Dodgeball for the NES. What other game stereotypes almost every country by having penguins in Finland and crazy exaggerated pictures of a Chinese guy? The final team is the U.S.S.R and if you are good enough, then the shadow team of yourself! Great two player action, sweet special attacks, and a bean ball mode that is pure entertainment. Nothing else comes close.

GTA: Vice City for the Xbox...I love the 80's theme to it...the songs, clothes, cars....also thought it was funny how cocaine was the biggest thing ever lol

There are so many games that I've played and stuff

but in Fifa 10, my love for videogames and soccer come together in some sort of magical marriage match making harmony. Played that for hours into the night to regret it for a minute in the morning and... then to turn my 360 on again and play some more.

Ninja Gaiden Black. The fighting engine is very technical and engaging. Mission mode is what kept me going back. I still haven't finished half of 'em on Master Ninja.

My favorite this game by far is Demon's Souls. I've loved the King's Field franchise on the PS1/PS2 and this is such a great and awesome spiritual successor. In my opinion, its one of the must have PS3 games as its an RPG too which PS3 lacks in.

This game is packed with content and hours of gameplay.(in the hundreds!!) From weapons to spells. Plus the online co-op or dual modes. Wow, the online infrastructure is so out there. First of all, you can summon other ppls to help you but others can invade your SP game!!! Man this game is so impressive. My second best would be Uncharted 2.

If I were to recommend an RPG for the PS3, this would be it hands down. It offers a rich and unique experience. Sadly though, I would only recommend it if you are in for a challenge as a the game can be harsh in the beginning but it gets "fair" as you progress and level your stats. Best game this gen for me.

There really are a lot of great games out there, but the one that stands the test of time for me is Final Fantasy 7. I remember when I saw a friend first playing it, I was in absolute awe. The world, the battle system, and the story got me hooked. It's why I'm such a big FF fan and I'm pretty sure it's what jumpstarted my love of gaming.

This is a tough choice for me. More obvious answers are SMB3 and Sonic 3, but I think it comes down to Diablo for the PSX or Final Fantasy VIII for the PSX. If I had to choose, I'd go with FFVIII. My FFVII-obsessed friend introduced me to Final Fantasy, and it was the first time I had ever played a turn-based JRPG. I was mesmerized. The graphics and soundtrack were amazing, I loved the characters and story, the combat system was completely new to me, and I just soaked it all in.

Azure Dreams for the PS1. I don't even want to know how many days I spent breeding and fusing and training monsters.

My favorite game is Little Big Planet for the Playstation 3. The game is fun for all ages and the wide variety of customization options for the Sack person allows everyone to have their own unique Sack character. All the different levels in this game are amazing and the option to create your own levels for everyone to play is awesome. There are tons of new levels that are uploaded everyday, so it is a new experience every time you play. The level editor allows you to create levels with multiple other people online or offline, so creating the levels is just as fun as playing them.

The special prize bubbles that requires multiple people to obtain them emphasizes on multiplayer teamwork, which is a plus. This game is definitely one of the best platformers ever made and the multiplayer aspect of this game is incredibly fun. The creators of this game frequently release new costumes, level kits, and elements to the game such as the paintball gun and water, which helps keep the game fresh and fun to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite game is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for N64. It was my first Zelda game, and the experience when you first leave the starting village and enter the the open 3D world (which back then was something new) was unbelievable. I really felt like I was going on an adventure. And I also got that cool gold cartridge from preordering it :)

Crisis Core the sole reason I got a psp and then it made me realize how awesome the psp is in itself. It's an mp3 player and manga viewer on the go too. First Square Enix rpg I have played to the end. It wasn't turned based and you can keep moving around. I'm not a fan of turn based games because it's stupid to whack the enemy and jump back to the spot you were before. I knew the ending but it didn't deter me from playing the entire game through.

I'd have to go with Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The game didn't let me down in any category, it had a great story, good graphics (for its time), and the controls were good. I honestly don't have a single gripe about that game.

I would have to say Goldeneye 64. I spent so many hours playing it I don't think there's anything I'm unaware of. I even had the respawn pattern memorized in multiplayer.

For me, Halo 2 on the Xbox changed the way I viewed video games. I never wanted an X-Box, but my sister and her husband pushed me to get one so we could play together online. I was skeptical given my disappointment with my only other major online shooter experience, SOCOM on PS2. The ease at which I was guided online and the simplistic, yet strategic game play made it an instant hit in my book. But what really put it over the top was the diverse community of players which made for unique experiences each time I played. Plus, you have to give credit to the developers for pushing the limits of XBox Live and creatively releasing new downloadable maps to further the game experience. I credit Halo 2 for reinvigorating my love of video games and setting the tone for the future of multi-player video game development on the home console.

Final Fantasy 3 (USA release) Great graphics, multiple characters, several storylines, and you partake in an opera. When you negotiate peace, the best way to get all those treasure chests is to truly negotiate and give a little. And unlike most games, you fail to stop the destruction of the world. Because the destroyed world is the second half of the game.

My favorite game is most likely Knights of the Old Republic. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and love RPGs and so when the 2 came together it was like the invention of the Reese's Cup to me. Runner up is Pool of Radiance I've played every version of that game since C64.

Either Chrono Trigger, or Super Mario World. Both were awesome games that stand at the top of their awesome series.

Wow, 4 other contests of giving away free stuff and it's not often enough? That's quite generous. Really, that was a minimum of ass-kissing. Promise.

Anyway! Favorite game (all-time) still stands at Final Fantasy VI (FF3 as it was called in the States). I was actually more of a Dragon Warrior fan way back in the original NES days. I went through my youth playing games on Atari, NES, GEN, SNES. But that's all they were.....games. A paltry distraction and just "games". Like the fad of arcades, I thought I was bound to outgrow them. Until FFVI came along.

Never before had I cared so much for the characters in a game before. Who they were, the losses they withstood. Kefka's mwa-ha-ha made my upper lip curl back in anger every time I heard it. Every time I heard it, and his creeping theme I knew all my hard work was about to be undone. The sweeping score in general, from the individual characters to Dancing Mad to the ending theme really caught my ear. I used the little cash I had to seek out and buy the OST for the game. Which, in the early to mid 90's, was no easy task.

It's my constant argue point in the "games as art" argument and the one game which had such a profound impact on me that it hooked me into a lifetime of gaming.

My Favorite will always be Chrono Trigger for SNES. It was the first RPG I ever played and I played it for ever. I still have it complete in box and cherish the damn thing. I sacrificed alot of gifts to earn that game. Everytime i got good grades on my report card for school my parents would get me a gift. For one whole year i turned down every gift just so at the end of the year they wouldn't mind spending $90 to buy me that game. It was worth the sacrfice and I will always love this game.

Gears of War 2 - the best and my favorite game of all time!

Here's why: the story mode is epic, and full of different scenes, types of gameplay, etc and the multiplayer modes are fun and stay fun for years. I pre-ordered the game and still play it and plan on playing.

Not to forget though - another awesome game is Bioshock 1 + 2 (I see these as one since they're very similar)

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes! Up until this game, I never believed that any game could be remade and actually still give the player the same excitement as it did when they first played it. This game completely blew away my expectations for a remake and I loved every single second spent in it. I beat the game 5 times when it came out and that's with having beat MGS1 on the PlayStation 4 times before. The mix of the (at the time) new-gen graphics and all the added jokes just made it one of the most delightful games I've ever played.

Favorite game has to be Dead Space for the 360. I has such immersive gameplay, and that innovative HUD system worked well I thought. It is the one game where I would actually get scared to do one part of the game for fear of dying, and it is also the one game I cared to get all the achievements for because I kept wanting to replay the whole game again and again. I can't wait for the sequel to come out.

I'll have to go with Street Fighter II for SNES. It was my favorite game as a kid and I still love it to this day. I must have put close to 200 hours on it when I was 7 years old lol. Plus, the game basically revolutionized the fighting genre and made it what it is today.

So impossible to narrow it down to one...I somehow feel I'm betraying the others on my favorite list. But, for the sake of a contest entry and because most of my other favorites have probably been mentioned...I'll say Breakdown for the Xbox. Truly great story presented entirely with no cutscenes plus, it was a first person fighter that really nailed it.

Thanks for the contest!

As others have said, it's difficult to pick just one over the last 20+ years of games. I'll go with Baldur's Gate 2. A deep, old school PC-RPG that I played the crap out of.

I'm guessing I can't enter?

Oh, well...

Favorite game: Kirby Super Star for SNES. It was my favorite game as a kid and it's still a kickass game today!

Heroes of Might and Magic III: It's a really well balanced game that I somehow never tire of. I've been playing it on and off since 1999 and keep getting addicted to it.

I have to stand by Fallout 3 on the 360.

No game has ever captured my attention such as this one. I grew up in the DC area, and seeing it post-apocalypse is just amazing. I like the "world is my playground" feeling that this game gives me. I jst keep coming back to it again and again.

Good on ya for the contest! Way cool of you.

Whenever this "favorite game" topic comes up, I go with my gut: Legend of Zelda – A Link to the Past (SNES, of course). It was the game I bought my Super Nintendo to play, and the reason Zelda is still my favorite game series. It perfected the top-down Zelda model, and hasn't been surpassed in that regard by any entry since.

As my favorite game I'm going to have to go with GoldenEye 007 (N64). It is the game that got me started playing video games when I was 4 years old. I loved that game's story and gameplay. I spent hours and hours playing that game. While my older brother (zeb06) was at school, I'd just sit back and play that game pretty much for 8+ hours straight. At the time I called it my "shotnin" game and pretty much the whole reason I played that game was to shoot people. After I got a bit older I replayed the game and understood its gameplay and overall charcteristics and value.

Thanks for giving us a chance to win!

Last edited by a moderator:
This games always comes to mind when asked about my favorite games. Shenmue it had everything i never thought a game could have when i first played it. To this day i wait and hope to finish the saga. The game got me truly invested in the story in NEED to get revenge of Lan Di.

I'd say my favorite game is Valkyria Chronicles. The art style is great and the story & presentation is just so good that I was sad that I finished it. To me, that's the sign of a great game.

It's hard to choose, but if I had to, I guess I'd say Trials HD currently. It's a really great and very challenging game. In fact it gets brutally difficult, but the nice thing is you can have a ton of fun with it without even getting into the hardest levels, and then when you do, beating those levels is incredibly satisfying. I jumped up and shouted when I finally beat Diabolic II! Then I went back to the easier stuff. :)

my favorite game would have to be lost planet. it was just an awesome game all around. the graphics were good, the story was just great and multiplayer was fun.

bread's done
Back