CAG contest is over....Congrats to Super_Nerd!

Favorite game for each current gen console.

Uncharted 2 (PS3)
Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

Guild Wars and all its expansions (PC)

Thanks for this contest OP

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64. I started off by watching my older cousin tear through this game on opening weekend. I've played and beat the game numerous times and it really never gets old for me. I've since purchased a Gold cartridge, and repurchased Master Quest for Gamecube. The game is well-polished for an N64 game, and it is just plain fun.

Final Fantasy VIII because it was the first game I played with a truly amazing story that really blew me out of the water. The gameplay is also fantastic, and I love the junctioning system, despite all the hate it receives.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker for Gamecube. The cartoon world is where Zelda belongs! I even enjoyed hunting for treasure on the boat. And yes, I have played Ocarina. I'm 32 yrs old. I have played every Zelda except CD-i ones. WW is the best!

Well to get in on this.

Final Fantasy 6 was my favorite game of all time. The story reminded me so much of star wars. with all the characters doing their own thing and caught up in their own adventures. It was an amazing game

Killzone for the PS2.. it was the first game that i got heavily involved with the online. I remeber my parents got it for me for christmas becuase, as my Mom said "It had 'kill' in it so i figured boys would love it" HA. I still play it from time to time to this day

Either Chrono Trigger or Super Mario Kart for SNES. I have fond memories of playing both when I was little. Super Mario Kart was always a blast to play with a sibling or a friend, even now.

I've got several favorites depending on what stage of life we're talking about. Way back when, I think I was the only kid who liked the Nintendo zapper game "Gumshoe." 1942 in the arcades must have eaten hundreds of dollars in my quarters over my little league years (all those pizza nights at Straw Hat). I simply loved Final Fantasy 7, as a lot of folks have already mentioned. It was the reason I got a PSX. Samba De Amigo on Dreamcast was one of my all-time favorite games, such that the Wii version is actually a little less impressive than it may otherwise have been. Sega Saturn had a couple of winners, but Shinobi was the bomb; those cheesy live action cut scenes were awesome. It was hard to beat Metal Slug on the New Geo Pocket for pure entertainment value. Gamecube had Pikmin and Resident Evil. PS2 had GTA 3 and God of War. Halo, of course on XBox, and to a lesser (much lesser) extent the PC. On Wii, I've gotta go with House of the Dead Overkill and Super Mario Galaxy. And PSP? Well right now I'm on my fifth play through of Prinny: Can I Be The Hero.

I'll do current gen since it would take me too long to go through all the past gens.

I'm going with Socom Confrontation on the PS3 mostly because I've met some great people from the CAG Socom community. I've logged in over 100 hours already and have had some great moments and memories with the CAG crew.

I could list 20 to 30 games that I would consider my favorites, but the one game that will forever have a special place in my heart is Super Mario Brothers 2. I know it isn't really a true Mario game, and sure it's just a re-sprited Japanese import, but I love that game. I can't count all of the times I would sneak out of my bed late at night just to play for an hour or so. The nostalgia I get from even thinking of this game makes me all warm inside.

Final Fantasy Legend II. I remember spending hours and hours every day playing it on my gameboy pocket, grinding out stats. There were no levels, just random stat ups at the end of combat, which seemed to happen more on tough mobs.

I really liked Mass Effect 2, because of all the options the game gives you, and its replayability factor.

It was a lot of fun. Thanks for having these contests. :)

Alpha Centauri. Often overshadowed by the Civilization games but Alpha Centaur still has the most creativity, personality and believe it or not story of any game in the genre. The world truly felt alive with faction leaders you could relate with or learn to hate.

Kingdom Hearts 2: Best storytelling I've seen in a game. Battling is very fun. Plenty of things to do on the side. Has pretty much everything I want in a game. Doesn't hurt that I actually enjoy the majority of the Disney movies either.

Metal Gear Solid. I go back to the NES Metal Gear, but experimenting with all the different ways of playing the PS1 game--different routes, distractions, silent takedowns, assaulting, hiding, diving into water...and this was just in the very first screen.

The character support, the bosses--what an eclectic cast. Top-notch voice work, wild-yet-not-unrealistic story, and even the whole social commentary on war and technology...

It's gaming perfection.

My favorite would have to be the original Metroid Prime. The game was under appreciated by many for the great step forward in gaming that it was, and it has aged incredibly well. It's insistence on telling the story via short cutscenes and readouts from the scan system is unparalleled in its ability to establish an atmosphere and immerse you in the character and the story.

Warcraft 3 RoC/ Warcraft 3 FT

Spent far too many hours playing ladder, custom, and LAN games for a couple of years. The game never gets old, and always has another addicting map/custom waiting for me every time I decide to launch up the game.

Final Fantasy XII. My first play through I logged in 243 minutes. I loved every minute of it, so much fun, so beautiful. Plus it had rabbit eared women. Can't top that.

Super Mario Bros. (NES). The NES was my first video game system (I know, I know, I'm old enough to have had one or more previous systems) and it was the one bundled with SMB and Duck Hunt. I just loved the gameplay and enemies so much --I can't even venture a guess as to how many hours my brother and I spent on that game.

Such a tough question... although the Smackdown! (and Smackdown v Raw) is my favorite franchise, I would have to go with Fire Pro D (J) for Sega Dreamcast. That game is by far the deepest, most customizable, and easiest to just pick up and play of any wrestling game ever!

But I'm a sucker for wrestling games.

Outside of wrestling games, I love the Ratchet and Clank series... with my favorite being "A Crack in Time." I've played them all, and love them all (ok... Size Matters is like the bastard step-child, but he's still family). So much depth for a rather simple platformer... and an amazingly hilarious script!

But let's face it, there will never be a better game than Activision's "River Raid" for the 2600. ~sarcasm~

I need to stop... but this just reminded me of something. My friend and I were having a lengthy conversation about what we felt was the most impressive console upgrade. For example... N64 to Gamecube or PS1 to PS2. We're both old gamers (in our 30's) and we both agreed on the same thing. The transition from NES to SNES was probably the most revolutionary example of advancements in gaming from one generation to the next. I remember getting my SNES for Xmas the year it came out... and of course it was packaged with Super Mario World. It was that game (Super Mario World) which truly amazed me. I never felt as if I was playing anything as advanced or futuristic as Super Mario World. The overall presentation, graphics, and gameplay was absolutely mesmerizing compared to the NES (or mastersystem for that matter).

So yeah... Fire Pro D, Ratchet and Clank, and Super Mario World. That is all.

Just talked to my mother on the phone. She wanted me to contribute that her favorite game is The Legend of Zelda (NES). She completed the game 13 times. It was like crack for her... until Dr. Mario and his crazy pills came along. It was my mother's obsession with Dr. Mario that killed our first NES. It literally died after countless hours of play. Yes... I'm blaming my mom.

Wow, that's a tough one. I guess it would have to be Breath of Fire. I remember the summer of '95 my brother and I got it and the weather was so hot my parents moved our crappy color set and 2 old ripped up leather chairs into the basement. BOF, a nice cool room, comfy chairs, Coca-Cola and my brother and me. Best Summer Ever.

Resident Evil 4 has more holy sh*t moments than most games put together. From the jaws encounter on you're boat to the arena full of crazies to being chased though the fog swamp by crazed villagers this game never has a letdown. Playing this game I will always remember the constant dred I felt going from area to area and even the cutscenes didn't allow me to catch my breath because they were so interactive and actually fun. Even the subchapter with the presidents daughter gives you that Silent Hill scare where you are vulnerable and helpless as you are being chased by the cult zombies. The baddies in this game were especially terrifying because you were fighting brain washed and genetically manipulated cult members rather than a mindless horde of zombies. It made me feel like I was fighting my way through crazytown fighting real psychotic enemies who strategized their attacks rather than a pack of brainless zombies ready to be shot. Best horror game of all time without question.

Portal. It was the game that got me into PC gaming. I love the puzzles, and even though I know exactly what to do, I'll still fire it up to do a quick run through from time to time.

Sorry, I am a newbie this month but gonna post anyway. N64 James Bond Goldeneye! Too many countless nights in the dorms with friends shooting each other on multiplayer. Test tomorrow, eh, we'll sneak in a few rounds of Goldeneye. That game was addicting!

Pokemon Yellow. It was my first game on my sweet new GBC, and still stands today as my most played game, with only other Pokemon games coming close to the number of hours logged. It is my favorite due to the fact it was my first Pokemon game, it was incredibly addicting, and it was the only Pokemon game that I actually attempted to catch 'em all.

One of my all time favorites has to be Tetris Attack for the SNES. Around the age of 8, me and my older brother would always compete in head to head matches. The BGM and the SFX was always clicking in my head even when I slept. The game was also challenging. One time I pulled off a 10 Combo on my brother, and he denied that it was not possible for a kid like me to do that. :( Think of it as a elementary student bragging.

i would have to say The Legand of Zelda; Majora's Mask. i loved that game when i was a kid and i was playing it a while ago and it was still fun. for some reason i like the n64 games the best, they are so much fun and for me they take alot longer to play then the newer games.

My favorite game is Final Fantasy X. It was the first game that took an imense amount of time to complete and I had such a great feeling of accomplishment afterwards.

The Secret of Monkey Island. It came bundled with my 4x CD-ROM and I still play it every year or two. The humor still stands up and even though I can breeze my way through it these days, it's still fun.

hands down, my favorite game of all time is Saturn Bomberman. Yes, online play at that time was crappy, but the fun factor was through the roof. Ths single play campaign included co op and many extensive and well designed levels. It was no cod waw(ps3,xbox360,pc) where it was too short or resistance 1(ps3) where it was very long. It was just perfect. The amount of weapons, different types of enemies, and variety of dinosaurs showed how progressive the game can feel. Its not like farcry2 where enemies always look the same and U can't tell the difference between the beginning and end.
Saturn Bomberman goes from icecream cart to alligators to samurai to cowboy to aliens. The Multiplayer was top notch. It had about ten different levels each with special upgrades and level characteristics to spice up the matches. For example, a desert level had moving sand in a shape of box and acts like a con-valor belt. also, a tornado is random spawned and will move around the map until match is over or reaches the 1min left time mark. the tornado will throw players to random directions, saving u if u were near an explosion or killing u placing at one. There are many other pros to the game, u can play with up to 10 people(human or ai), have teams of any size, and many bonuses to keep the game interesting. For example devil on/off means somone can get a poison pick up which normally affects the individual by slowing him down, reverse directions, etc ,but devil makes everyone get a posion. ghost feature allows dead players to fly on a plane to try to incluence the winner of the game by shooting bombs while the match is going on. so there is no boring waiting time if u died early, u can try to make a draw by killing the last two players at the same time. many more tweeks are available so every match will be different.
Lastly, there is a survial mode(equal to a challenge mode). for those players that wants to see how good they are. I didn't really touch this mode cus multiplayer was too addicting.

Graphics, load times, and music were all A+.

This is why my favorite game is Saturn bomberman, thanks for reading.

It may only be out for a month, but Mass Effect 2 has completely blown me away! The character development, to the improved battle system, and the overall look of the game (art style) has really been a treat to look at. Thus far, this has to be one of my favorite games of this generation.

The one I truly enjoy till this day is Metal Gear Solid (PSone). I love the quirky characters/story. I remember skipping school to play it all day. Good Times.

even though im not that really good at fighters i still gotta go with neogeo battle coliseum, cause i can play it anytime unlike other games that i might give it one playthrough and then never play it again, even though now with achievements i have played games two or three times, and its simple and fun to play and can be played with others or alone. psychonauts comes in a close second.

Earthbound SNES

One of the funniest and creative RPGs of the time, and lots of customization (Name your PSI ability, favorite food, your dog, ect.)

Sonic 2 would have to be my favorite game of all time. (Pay no mind to my avatar, Earthbound is second :))

This game is the first to actually get me into gaming. Before this i had owned an NES, and loved me some Super Mario Bros. but it never gave me that feeling, that rush of excitement when you play THAT game. Sonic 2 was that game for me.

I remember when I first got my Genesis and Sonic 2, for Christmas many many years ago. I wasn't sure I would enjoy this new game I got, but I was completely hooked. That first day I had it I was playing it for hours. I just couldn't put my controller down (I'm sure my mother regretted getting me and my brother this).

Everything about this game I just loved, the bright graphics, the level design, the sense of speed, and especially the music. The soundtrack for Sonic 2 just seemed so awesome to me at the time and it still does. I could seriously just put the controller down and listen to it.

I have now grown to love many different types of games spanning from Mario to Modern Warfare. There is not one genre of gaming that I do not love (except for most sports games ;)). There might be better games out there now, games that I play all the time, but not one game will ever be able to take that place in my heart that Sonic 2 has.

First, good luck going through all these entries, if you actually read them all.

My favorite is Star Ocean 2 (PS1). I've put hundreds of hours into that game. I know it's skill and item creation systems inside and out. The best action RPG battle system of its generation. Probably the best until Star Ocean 3 rolled around.

The game isn't afraid to poke fun at itself and has a lot of in-jokes. I also like a lot of the literal NPC names, a mainstay of the series, sort of like how you'd reference most people on the street, such as Star Ocean Fan Girl, Angry Housewife or Seasick Sailor.

And you can pickpocket pretty much everyone in the game. NPCs on the street, vendors, royalty, dogs, and even your travel companions.

Plus having a character that has the heads of a twinheaded dragon fused to his shoulders/back is awsome.

My favorite game ever is probably Lufia 2. It's definitely my favorite old school RPG. I really enjoyed the mix of puzzle solving with standard rpg elements. I just replayed it all the way through a few months ago and it's as good as I remember it. Dekar is still one of my favorite characters ever.

Driver 2 on the PS1. i played that game to death back in the days, and kept telling myself that was the best graphics yet (back then)

I guess, I'd have to say Metal Gear Solid 4 for the ps3 because I've played through it multiple times. The graphics are amazing, the story is compelling {if you've played the other mgs}. The gameplay is addicting. Something about hiding on the ground and sneaking up for a kill feels rewarding. The game feels flawless, and has never glitched or froze my ps3. So that is my pic, for this current gen. Thanks for having this contest, and good luck fellow caggers! :applause:

bread's done
Back