CAG contest is over....Congrats to Super_Nerd!

Super Mario Bros 3, probably because I've seen my dad played it when I was a kid, where he'd have to leave the game on 24/7 when we went to bed since there were no save states, then when I was old enough to play it I was just as fanatic as he was in finishing the game stage to stage (no flute warp).

Street Fighter III:3rd Strike.

I absolutely love almost every aspect of this game. Graphics are amazing, the music's superb, and the gameplay especially is awesome. The parrying system just works out so well. If only it was balanced better...but still!

I'll go with Phantasy Star Online.

It was the first online game I really played. Great gameplay (Have yet to see an action rpg with better), story and one of the most amazing soundtracks ever.

I can STILL envision the final boss battle.

Megaman 2 (NES)

A lot of great games to pick from, but I have to choose Megaman 2, and pretty much the megaman series. I have had so many great times with this game it never got old, definitely was a challenge, and the speed runs are always tense. Can't wait for Megaman 10 coming out in March. :)

Good luck to everyone on this contest.

I'm having a hard time deciding what one of the two I consider my favorite of all time, I'm torn between Super Smash Brothers on the N64 and Red Alert 2... My fav current gen is probably GTA4, or The Force Unleashed. I know they both have issues, but I just really enjoyed them and got so many hours/entertainment out of them.

I'm leaning towards Red Alert 2 for overall though.

Dance Dance Revolution.

I can't imagine how much time I've spent playing this game on an almost daily basis for the past 6 years. Between home versions, Stepmania, and the local arcade/arcade trips, I've easily spent hundreds of hours with it. I love the music, the physical effort required (not to mention being able to feel the progress and growth in stamina as you get better), and the overall simple yet competitive nature of it (especially at arcades). It was such a staple with friends of mine that we formed a DDR Club back in highscool that exists to this day (it's been a few years now)... we still get together now and again to play. We ran Stepmania off old laptops in a cafeteria and stored foam mats in our lockers. We've upgraded since... but still, those were the days.

It's either X-wing vs. Tie Fighter or X-wing Alliance. Why? I have killed tens of thousands. I have killed Star Destroyers just because they were there and there was nothing else left to kill. I have flown through the hanger bays of Star Destroyers to the shock of my friends. I have cursed my wingmen because all they ever did was steal kills that I hadn't gotten to yet. The answer would simply be TIE Fighter if it had included multiplayer.

My favorite game ever will have to be the first Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation 1. Great story, great gameplay (I loved the tactical part about it), and it was pretty long :)

Lunar: Eternal Blue on psx. I had no idea what the game was when I bought it, had never played the first one, and bought it because the collector's edition set was pretty. It sucked me in, turned out to be the first RPG I ever beat (short attention span), and actually left me wanting more.

Its between Persona 4 and Chrono Trigger, if I had to pick one it would be Chrono Trigger because it has the greatest rpg story and the characters are amazing. But I do love me some high school drama.

Mario 64, while the Super Nintendo was my favorite system. Mario 64 blew me away when I first played it. All the levels, all the stars, all the secrets, it just kept me entertained forever. I even play it every other year or so.

Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, it redefined the action genre for me. It had a good mix of exploration, great combat but the platforming was so-so. There were plenty of weapons to choose from, each with its own unique combos. The game looked great, the bosses were all unique, the difficulty is legendary, etc. Oh, it also had free DLC! It was overall just a great and very polished game.

Final Fantasy II (SNES NTSC), because at the time, it was the greatest traditional fantasy RPG game ever. Everything from the characters and art design, to the music score overflowed with quality. And the story was just as refined. Great game. Then came Chrono Trigger, but I chose FFII cause it was first...

My favorite game would be the legend of zelda: majoras mask. It was very dark and mature for a zelda game, and the story was amazing. I also loved how the masks gave you different powers, it was very innovative and original. The music, the environments and the characters created a sense of immersion that I feel no other game has replicated to this date. Maybe it's nostalgia talking, but I love playing that game, and I still play it today. Even though I sold my N64 a long time ago, I still kept the golden cartridge for majoras mask.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube, because it took the masterpiece story from MGS and merged it with the significantly better functionality of MGS2. It's one of the few titles from an older gen that I can still go back and play.

This gen? Easy, METAL GEAR SOLID 4!!! Possibly the best game I've ever played, its the stunning conclusion to one of the best videogame series of all time.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis. For me that was gaming right there! It was one of the first games I ever owned and really got me into gaming. It will always be special to me!

Hard choice, but I'm going to go with Dragon Force for the sega saturn.

The first, one of the only, games I ever played for 6 or more hours in one setting. I loved the cast of characters and how they interacted depending on what monarch you choose to play. I loved the recuirtment of generals and simple yet important micromanagment you had to do to build your armies and empire.

And who doesnt love having your ninja general send his army of dragons to fight an oposing army of zombies?

Man, that's an impossible question. I guess Prince of Persia (360/PS3) because it's the first time I actually went back to pick up the collector's edition after I finished it.

Shenmue II - loved everything about the game..including the hilariously lame voice acting. Being a true cheapass, I haven't bought a video game at full initial retail price since the SNES days. However, if and WHEN Shenmue III is released, I'll be first in line. If it's exclusive on the PS3 (only console I don't have) then I'll buy a damn PS3 to play it.

Yume Nikki. Its a little freeware gem that breaks the mind and makes you re-evaluate what a game truly is while at the same time being part adventure and part random chance events.

Zone of the Enders 2. It hits all the notes that a masterstroke should - cheesy storyline, over-the-top gameplay and giant robots of death. It's the game Gundam Wing never became.

Deus Ex (the first one, PC version)

One of my first experiences with the PC as a gaming platform and still my favorite. Great semi-open game design, a pretty good story as far as older shooters go, well integrated RPG elements. I loved the setting, the music and the majority of the dialog and other writing. Nostalgia aside, I think it still holds up really well. There are some antiquated design decisions but the overall package still makes for a very solid game. I think everybody should play Deus Ex at least once, and considering how old it is now practically anybody with a computer should be able to play it with little trouble. Far superior to its lackluster sequel.

Also:
Deus-Ex-Inspirational.jpeg

I've never liked this kind of question, because it forces me to choose a favorite among so many classics...

But I'll go with Earthbound (SNES); I can't think of a better game that contained so much in terms of story, characters, and overall atmosphere. Giygas, to me, has the sole honor of being the greatest antagonist in video game history (hence why he's my avatar), not merely for being a great villain, but also for embodying so many different characteristics that really force a gamer to think...

Last edited by a moderator:
Golden Sun for the Gameboy Advance. The depth of the characters and the unique storyline drew me in. I loved the battle system and found myself just running around fighting just so I could fight. It was addicting to say the least. The puzzles were just difficult enough for me that I wasn't throwing my Gameboy across the room in frustration like some other games do.
When I heard about a third one for the Nintendo DSi, I was thrilled beyond belief! I have high hopes for this one.

Mine is Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, I love playing the custom DotA map (Defense of the Ancients). No other game I have played gets so many updates and balances to try and keep around 100 unique heros in check, With all the heros to choose from everyone still manages to have there uses and any heros can win a battle if the team is balanced.

The game is on version 6.66b so that is like 666 updates each changing the game slightly and all maps are still avaliable for download so you can see how its evolved throught the years and how heros skills have changed and the balance improved.

Also valve have helped with some recent improvments to the map (yup valve worked on a map for a blizzard game), So hopefully this will lead to an official DotA retail game to go along with the WC3 custom map.

My favorite game of all time is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It has a beefy length, great artwork, easy RPG system, and challenging bosses. And one of the first RPG's to provide extra interaction in a turn-based RPG by increasing damage by pressing a button just before attack (vice versa with defense).

And it's the first game where Bowser is a playable character, and he's awesome!

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I loved everything about it from beginning to end, but just to name a few. I love the atmosphere, the masks, and the 3 day cycle.

Batman Vengence ps2
It was the first batman game i really enjoyed. It wasn't the best however, it was a great tribute to the animated series. I am surprised they got all the voice taletn (which really made the game)
It very much captured the spirit of the show and made a fun game!

Steet fighter for the SNES and soul caliber for Dreamcast although the newer versions are better i consider these my faves for the experiences and good times i spent playing against my older brother we would sometimes have day long contests for bragging rights

Super Mario World for the SNES, because it was the first video game I ever owned. I still remember opening the SNES on Christmas day, oh so long ago. Plus it's also a great game.

My favorite video game is Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 because it is one of the few games that allowed me to leave the world I didn't appreciate too much about at the time and enter a new one as a hero with an agenda.

This question is easy, i have to look back about 2 years ago, when Rock Band 1 was released.

In the Philippines, there are no sales, no price drops, nothing. Game prices just stay where they (3000 pesos, which is $60) until the next gen comes in, where they slash 20 dollars. I bought Rock Band (bundle) for 15000 pesos, 300 dollars, an exorbitant fee, you all will agree. But the game, i just had to get more of it, after playing just 1 time at my friends house, i had the need to play it again.

I payed more then a person would normally pay in a normal market. Notice i didnt say "I payed more then i should have." Even though the price was obviously unjust, i know that i got my moneys worth.

I played this game day after day, night after night. I couldnt imagine a gamer where my friends, my sisters, my brother and even my parents would come along have an actual interest to play with me. This just strengthened my bond with my family, and i am very grateful for that. The songs, oh my god the songs. I never really knew about rock or music in general for this, now i have music surrounding me 24/7.

The power of rock compelled me. I played this game alone, with my friends, with my family, weekdays, weekends. I even played in my dreams. I never knew a game could be so interactive yet so linear. I was playing not to a videogame console but to a jukebox of possibilites

Rock Band is the only game that i can truly and honestly say changed my life. Because of this "game" i discovered The Beatles, Boston, Neil Young, Metallica, Ozzy Ozbourne, The Killers, Megadeth, Beach Boys and many more. I have artists encompassing funk, rock, classic rock, metal, jazz etc..

And though i have played the game less and less, the rock in me will never die.

Megaman 2 on the NES

My first megaman game, and what an experience that was. The music, bosses and stages were all so memorable. And it had a save system. A fucking SAVE system. I mean damn that game was ahead of its time.

Easily my favourite megaman title to date, followed by X4.

I'm going to have to say Street Fighter 3 Alpha for Dreamcast. The hours me and my friends have spent playing that game sitting in my basement will always be remembered. Also, that got me into soldering and making joysticks and got me into modding all sorts of stuff to this day.

bread's done
Back