CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

Chipped in $20.00! Why doesn't the widget track the number of donors this year? I was always intrigued by the number of donors to dollars donated ratio.

Thanks to everybody who donated, and thanks for putting this on again, Cheapy!

[quote name='ashkpa']Chipped in $20.00! Why doesn't the widget track the number of donors this year? I was always intrigued by the number of donors to dollars donated ratio.

Thanks to everybody who donated, and thanks for putting this on again, Cheapy![/QUOTE]

That would be cool, & I donated $5 just now.

Nice. I should have some money to give after the holidays. Sadly, I wasn't able to give last year, but I'm glad that I'll be in a position to do so this year.

Just sent in my offer for the community prizes ... not so well off financially this year, but I always like to help how I can! :) I should be able to donate $5 or $10 before then end, too ...

I probably wont really be able to donate a lot but I'll make sure to throw in a couple of bucks before this is over, I don't have a lot of cash but like to support this when I can.

[quote name='CheapyD']
icon5.gif
$20 PSN OR 16000 Microsoft Points (Bazz)[/QUOTE]

Sure, I'll take $200 worth of MSP :lol:

[quote name='Anexanhume']Sure, I'll take $200 worth of MSP :lol:[/QUOTE]
Haha, I would if I could(one day), but sorry that an error I am sure will be fixed. :D

[quote name='fezlopez']Is these donations tax deductible?[/QUOTE]

I believe so, yes. I think there was something you could print out, cause it is donated to a charity, not someone else to give to the charity. Then again you really have to donate enough to really write off, most of us probably can't do that, but who knows.

Fingers crossed for Amazon gc!! :) Also shared to fb, you all should do that to help the charity get money. And I'd like to plug LivingSocial because if they still have the deal up it was a $5.00 donation to Toys for Tots I believe, and toy stores, etc are matching the donations to $250,000 I believe and also donating toys.

[quote name='fezlopez']Is these donations tax deductible?[/QUOTE]

No, they are not, because you are participating in a raffle (IRS Publication 526 Charitable Contributions). However, if that is important to you - you can contribute directly to Child's Play and that should be tax deductible.

this would be my first time donating and I was just wondering something. If I wanted to donate a prize for the raffle, do I send the prize directly to the winner or do you send it to CAG and they figure out the rest? I know you send them an email and whatnot to get on the prize list, but just wondering how the process goes. ^_^

This is really an awesome raffle for a great cause. :)

[quote name='tanders']this would be my first time donating and I was just wondering something. If I wanted to donate a prize for the raffle, do I send the prize directly to the winner or do you send it to CAG and they figure out the rest? I know you send them an email and whatnot to get on the prize list, but just wondering how the process goes. ^_^

This is really an awesome raffle for a great cause. :)[/QUOTE]

I've donated the last few years and it's always been to contact the winner through a PM on the site and work out the details - in other words, you ship to the winner.

I'm sure if something has changed, I'll be corrected :lol:

Kicked in $50 (doubled last year's donation), not working right now (thanks to a car accident!) but have been blessed in abundance with the settlement on my car & in other ways. I'll see if I can chip in some more later as my finances balance out...

My mom works at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston(one of the receipients of Child's Play's generosity) and tells me stories of the kids that are happy to play a PS3 or Xbox while recovering from some pretty horrific things...

Pitched in my yearly donation. =D

Hoping I win enough scholarships to pay off next semester so that I can pitch more into this! :D

bread's done
Back