CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

Donated $50.00, love doing this every year.
Bought a couple of toys off of the amazon wishlist for the children's hospital in Bronx, NY from the main Child Play's site too.

Made my donation for this year. I think I've been doing this since Child's Play started and it's a wonderful charity!

Donated again this year, will look to do more donations as it gets closer to the holidays. Always happy to do so!

Donated $20. Will do more next paycheck (the 20th)!!

I wanted to donate last year, But I was unemployed and had no money to spare, So I plan to donate twice as hard this year to make up for that!!

Just donated $10.00 to Child's Play...also donated a sealed copy of Rayman Origins for the Xbox 360 to a lucky winner!!!

This is a great cause, Merry Christmas (or whatever Holiday you celebrate) everyone!!!

[quote name='skubish']I replied via the link that I can donate a sealed copy of Halo 4. Never heard back, I assume Cheapy is still interested?[/QUOTE]
The Head Cheap Ass hasn't gotten back to me either.

I apologize if this has been spelled out clearly but I couldn't find it, how does the prize giveaway work? Everybody is entered into the Amazon prizes, can someone win more than one? Can someone win just one donated gift? I've never really done a raffle before.

[quote name='Kamakazi010654']cheapy, is there a bar I can put in my signature, gotta do my once a year signature update...[/QUOTE]

Same here! I've turned off signatures for viewing the forum, so I just leave mine as the Child's Play box year-round.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I apologize if this has been spelled out clearly but I couldn't find it, how does the prize giveaway work? Everybody is entered into the Amazon prizes, can someone win more than one? Can someone win just one donated gift? I've never really done a raffle before.[/QUOTE]

If it is like previous years, each $5 equals one raffle entry. Each entry has the opportunity to win any of the prizes. One possible win per entry. So, yes, if you donated $10, you would, theoretically, have the opportunity to win two of the prizes. In fact, I think someone last year did win two things.

It occurs to me that if whoever is in charge of getting the games to give to the kids in the hospital was a CAG him/herself, then that would be a lot more games for the kids. Perfect relationship. Thanks CheapD and crew for putting this on every year.

I save so much here and CP is such a worthy and legitimate charity, I have no qualms about donating here annually, it's not even a decision really, part of my CAG routine. Just wish I could give more, maybe someday I'll strike it rich and can then help out more kids.

Thanks again Cheapy for being so stand up and running this great site. So jealous of you... ;-)

$40,000 more in a month, we got this, I'm very impressed with the numbers and proud to be a member of the community, we should share this link to our fb pages and twitter and try to blow that goal right out of the water.

It's too bad you can't donate used, great condition items. It would be a great way for the CAG community to unload some games they've already beaten for a good cause. Anyone else agree?

If people are looking for things to donate, maybe if they find good finds on clearance at places that would be a good way to do something charitable.

[quote name='CheapyD']
:360: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition [Region free EU edition) (The Dutch Slayer)[/QUOTE]
Have fun everyone hopefully someone wins this price who is a big BL fan! :D

Remember evreyone:

WinnersDonateToChildsPlay.png

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Hopefully it isn't such a struggle to get to 50K this year. Tossed in 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

DID YOU MEAN 50k BUCKS :)

Got paid yesterday so I chipped in my $10 again this year. Also offered up a game to one of the winners like last year. I'm glad to be able to participate in this again.

I threw in my usual. Too many expenses lately to be able to throw in more.

I think I may throw in my unopened Skyward Sword Gold Remote Bundle and possibly a pick-your-own Steam game as well. I'll decide by the Christmas I suppose.

Just donated to make it a nice semi-palindromic 10121.01 I lurk so rarely that I didn't realize you even had this. Love Child's Play.

bread's done
Back