CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

Even though I reached general recently, I'm enjoying the game more and more. I played a couple of killer rounds of S&D last weekend. One were it took both explosives 2 minutes to denote and we barely lost it too and another on the largest map with a 30min game time and 2 second explosion, once again down to the line. I especially love mixing up the badges and trying different playstyles. Usually TDM is my favorite game type but in KZ2 it's my least favorite just because the others are such fun.

Oh man, and just thinking that there will most likely be DLC down the line.... WOO-HOO!

Yeah only remove me if you need the room. I still have the game and although I will probably never really play it again I could sub in a clan match if someone cannot make it. No worries, my skills are up to par :)

Yea, I'm kinda burnt out too. I wish there was a way to put certain modes on certain maps and different modes on other ones. I would like to play more than one or two maps but that rarely happens since people usually either do only body count or have all the match types on.

[quote name='Thongsy']Yea, I'm kinda burnt out too. I wish there was a way to put certain modes on certain maps and different modes on other ones. I would like to play more than one or two maps but that rarely happens since people usually either do only body count or have all the match types on.[/QUOTE]I'm far from burned out, but I do not play much outside of CAG nights. Plus, I try to mix things up playing R2 and KZ2. One reason I'm cutting KZ2 nights way down is so people don't get tired of it (I know that happens when you play a game too much).

I haven't played much the last two weeks. It's really how the online is setup, it's a nice concept but I don't want to spend two hours just to play a variety of maps. Also I prefer third person shooters more than fps.

[quote name='Thongsy']I haven't played much the last two weeks. It's really how the online is setup, it's a nice concept but I don't want to spend two hours just to play a variety of maps. Also I prefer third person shooters more than fps.[/QUOTE]I actually like the way the online is setup (works pretty good), but I'll admit I wish you could choose which games you want to do each map. I prefer third person yet, yet R2 ended up being my favorite online game last year (and I'm not a big SOCOM guy). A Syphon Filter would take over my multi-player time. With KZ2, I'm just sticking to play 2-3 times a week, and just eventually ranking up and stuff. I just prefer to do that to games so they last longer. I've definitely played some games too much and grew sick of it.

I still need to beat single player. I'm taking it VERY slowly.

Eh it's just doing the same thing it's doing for me with WOW; once you reach the "level cap" there's really nothing more to do unless you're interested in e-peen contests.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Eh it's just doing the same thing it's doing for me with WOW; once you reach the "level cap" there's really nothing more to do unless you're interested in e-peen contests.[/QUOTE]That's kind of one problem I felt with the game, where leveling goes kind of quick. While people will be initially happy, but after they level up they might not be as happy. However, I expect patches and DLC to extend the game no doubt.

Oooo... Casual clan battle today. Hopefully I remember tonight and not get completely addicted to playing Patapon.
Pata-Pata-Pata-PON!

I'm going to say this right now, if NOT enough people show up in a particular clan, not my fault. I posted this announcement so if people on one clan decide not to show up, nothing much I can do unfortunately. I'm just trying to get clans into battles.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm going to say this right now, if NOT enough people show up in a particular clan, not my fault. I posted this announcement so if people on one clan decide not to show up, nothing much I can do unfortunately. I'm just trying to get clans into battles.[/QUOTE]

You mean you don't have control of what other individuals do?
YOU SIR HAVE BLOWN MY MIND! :)

I worry that the Casual 2 clan may be too casual... lol.

Eh, I'm going to redo the clans on Thursday most likely. That will be my goal of the day. I'm kicking some off of Casual 1. Plan to revoke ALL pending invites on hardcore. Then I plan to add people from Casual 2 onto Casual 1. Casual 2 people who are active will split between hardcore and casual.

From Casual 2, here is how I look to move people (Hardcore = Clan 2, Casual 1 = Clan 1. Some people I have yet to decide where I'll place):

Basically, Clan 1 and Clan 2 will be our two competing clans. Neither will be more hardcore or casual than the other. I'm going to TRY to limit to two clans. The third clan (if we use it), will probably be for the ones who just show up at CAG nights exclusively.

My current plan will fill Clan 1 (the Casual 1), and add 15 more people to Clan 2 (the Hardcore).

The new clan division will be, if you'd like to take part in clan battles at times, doesn't matter if you are more hardcore or casual, just that you want to play, you will be placed in Clan 1 or 2. If you ONLY want to be in a clan to have a tag beside your name or you're only interested in getting into clan nights more easily, you will be placed in Clan 3 (current casual 2 clan). IF we will the clans, sorry until spaces increase, you will not get in just yet. That will be the final clan division (starting Thursday most likely).

The reason I need this done before Saturday is because that's when there's a clan battle for one clan, and I want to assure we add more skilled people and have more willing to show up.

The division was NOT made based on how I like/hate, it was made based on ranking and how often I see you attend CAG nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just hop on KZ, and I think the hardcore clan has been challenge four times by various other clans for matches in the next two days. A couple by GAF, one by CAG casual 2 and by VGChartz. Interesting.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well I just hop on KZ, and I think the hardcore clan has been challenge four times by various other clans for matches in the next two days. A couple by GAF, one by CAG casual 2 and by VGChartz. Interesting.[/QUOTE]What?? The casual clan 2 isn't suppose to challenge them. I'm mostly breaking up the clan after the game tonight dividing them between CAG 1 and CAG 2.

I'm moving all the best players away from Casual 2, no doubt. Tomorrow, I am doing some MASSIVE clan re-hauls. If I don't fix this asap, I'm going to be stressed for a long time.

[quote name='Thongsy']Well I just hop on KZ, and I think the hardcore clan has been challenge four times by various other clans for matches in the next two days. A couple by GAF, one by CAG casual 2 and by VGChartz. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yea -- I just checked and we have three matches tomorrow, and one on Friday.

Thursday
7:45 PM Vs. CAG Forum Clan 3 (8 Players-Per-Team)
8:30 PM vs. GAFN (6 Players-Per-Team)
9:15 PM Vs. VGCharts America (7 Players-Per-Team)

Friday
8:00 PM Vs. NeoGAF US East (6 Players-Per-Team)

The times all work for me, but I worry about our members who leave on the West Coast -- hopefully, some will be able to make it.

IMPORTANT: Since different people will be available at different times during the night, I ask that you do not play all three games unless there is space available. So if you play the 7:45 PM game, please do not immediately join the 8:30 PM game until ~5 minutes before the match starts to make sure someone who did not play an earlier game has had a chance to participate in a clan match. The same applies for the 9:15 PM match. Sound fair?

Also, I'm in the process of challenging another clan from the Killzone 2 boards as well as trying to have us entered into a tournament this Saturday night (8 PM, assuming EST). I'll keep you all posted.

Looks like things are starting to roll, finally. :D

[quote name='Ecofreak']Yea -- I just checked and we have three matches tomorrow, and one on Friday.

Thursday
7:45 PM Vs. CAG Forum Clan 3 (8 Players-Per-Team)
8:30 PM vs. GAFN (6 Players-Per-Team)
9:15 PM Vs. VGCharts America (7 Players-Per-Team)

Friday
8:00 PM Vs. NeoGAF US East (6 Players-Per-Team)

The times all work for me, but I worry about our members who leave on the West Coast -- hopefully, some will be able to make it.

IMPORTANT: Since different people will be available at different times during the night, I ask that you do not play all three games unless there is space available. So if you play the 7:45 PM game, please do not immediately join the 8:30 PM game until ~5 minutes before the match starts to make sure someone who did not play an earlier game has had a chance to participate in a clan match. The same applies for the 9:15 PM match. Sound fair?

Also, I'm in the process of challenging another clan from the Killzone 2 boards as well as trying to have us entered into a tournament this Saturday night (8 PM, assuming EST). I'll keep you all posted.

Looks like things are starting to roll, finally. :D[/QUOTE]
Wait.. are the times EST? And that's this week?

[quote name='shinryuu']Wait.. are the times EST? And that's this week?[/QUOTE]

I'm certain they're EST, as games not in EST show up at ridiculous hours like 5:40 AM.

And yes, the dates are correct. One reason why I'm so totally shocked because no one said anything until JetTone did a few posts ago!

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'm certain they're EST, as games not in EST show up at ridiculous hours like 5:40 AM.

And yes, the dates are correct. One reason why I'm so totally shocked because no one said anything until JetTone did a few posts ago![/QUOTE]CAG Forum Clan 3 has been denied (YES, I'm the one who denied it). It's NOT happening, because like I said, tomorrow morning, most all of its great players are going to be re-invited to new clans, so they can get into competition.

Some may ask why I'm doing this Thursday? One reason is because I want to make sure the clan is prepared against Sarcastic Gamer (so we can get 16 players easily and have more skill), and I need to get two clans mostly filled with people we can count on by Saturday, so we can at least have big clan matches.

I will give the other CAG clan officers instructions on what to do tomorrow (on who to invite, who to revoke invites for). Once two have at least 50 members and their skill level built up, having clan matches will be much easier.

After tomorrow, if someone refers to one clan as casual and the other as hardcore, I'm going to be very angry. ;) The list I made in a previous post WILL be the new clan list. Some members we'll see where to fit them.

Are these clan messages, like the challenges and such, sent to everyone in the clan? I want to make sure that it's not something like I've been personally invited to the clan match or whatever it's about.

[quote name='ItsMeMark']I can't seem to get in...

PSN: ItsMeMark

Someone chat me into the room or send me a message or something...[/QUOTE]Keep trying, it's tricky.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I'm certain they're EST, as games not in EST show up at ridiculous hours like 5:40 AM.

And yes, the dates are correct. One reason why I'm so totally shocked because no one said anything until JetTone did a few posts ago![/QUOTE]

EST.. yeah, I won't make it to any of those Thursday games. West coast person here, =p

Friday, I'll probably make it, but I doubt they'll be enough room soooo, yeah.

What's the game name and how do I get in? searched all games, that didn't work. searched the clan tab, that didn't work

Still can't find it. Guess I missed it...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']CAG Forum Clan 3 has been denied (YES, I'm the one who denied it). It's NOT happening, because like I said, tomorrow morning, most all of its great players are going to be re-invited to new clans, so they can get into competition.

Some may ask why I'm doing this Thursday? One reason is because I want to make sure the clan is prepared against Sarcastic Gamer (so we can get 16 players easily and have more skill), and I need to get two clans mostly filled with people we can count on by Saturday, so we can at least have big clan matches.

I will give the other CAG clan officers instructions on what to do tomorrow (on who to invite, who to revoke invites for). Once two have at least 50 members and their skill level built up, having clan matches will be much easier.

After tomorrow, if someone refers to one clan as casual and the other as hardcore, I'm going to be very angry. ;) The list I made in a previous post WILL be the new clan list. Some members we'll see where to fit them.[/QUOTE]

1) So are the other two clan matches against GAFN and VGCharts still go?

2) As ridiculous as this sounds, we should be careful not to have too many people in each clan. Most matches offered on the forums and even the ones we have received recently are for

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I created another game if you guys still want a CAG night.[/QUOTE]

And I thought you said you were getting "burned out" on this game. ;)

LOL @ Chibi_Kaji at the last Assassination round.

I mortally wound the assassination target and calmly walk over to finish the job. Then, Chibi comes racing out of no where with his rocket launcher, points to the floor and blasts the target and himself to pieces. So unnecessary yet so funny.

I wish there were more people from Casual 2 but I guess with the upcoming clan member shuffling, these one sided-ness matches won't happen again.

Great effort nonetheless from the dudes at Casual 2. The match would have been a toss up if you guys had some more people.

Tonight was the first night I managed to jump online for a clan night. Sorry about the delay. I have a weird schedule, what with the heavy drinking and all. It was a disappointing night, but that's okay. BostonCollegeFan set up a match, please join. So far there's only a few of us in there.

[quote name='Ecofreak']1) So are the other two clan matches against GAFN and VGCharts still go?[/quote]Still a go.

2) As ridiculous as this sounds, we should be careful not to have too many people in each clan. Most matches offered on the forums and even the ones we have received recently are for

So with all this clan reshuffling, has it been laid out on just what the goals of the clans will be? Sorry if I missed that. Its just the whole point of hardcore/non was to have a group that was more dedicated to fighting in clan matches. At least for me, that is what I was expecting to be doing when I "hit the wall" to help keep my interest in the game.

What I'm gathering its... We're going with Active 1 and More Active 1 type set ups... and still having challenges via forums and what not. Something like that?

[quote name='NamPaehc']So with all this clan reshuffling, has it been laid out on just what the goals of the clans will be? Sorry if I missed that. Its just the whole point of hardcore/non was to have a group that was more dedicated to fighting in clan matches. At least for me, that is what I was expecting to be doing when I "hit the wall" to help keep my interest in the game.

What I'm gathering its... We're going with Active 1 and More Active 1 type set ups... and still having challenges via forums and what not. Something like that?[/QUOTE]Let me just say, both clans will be pretty active, no doubt. Initially it wasn't really divided on who was more active, it was divided on more casual and hardcore oriented. Unfortunately, that didn't really work out since in reality, you could call either clan hardcore/casual in a way.

No one from your current clan will be kicked off. However, some lower to middle people will be added to your clan to fill it up just a bit. Many top people will go to the original Casual 1 clan to increase its skills level and become a bit more active. Basically, we are trying to make two, highly skilled and more active clans. Any other clan would just be kind of toss people on who plan to rarely play.

The only reason we had this split was because of a fight/argument I had with someone before KZ2 came out. Since I realized that both clans are mostly similar anyway (although one having a higher skill), it's best just to keep them similar, but go separate ways mostly when it comes to clan battles.

Basically, two clans will be really active, no doubt. That's what we are going to do. Neither one will be considered more active than the other, both will be quite active. If KZ2 really loses more popularity down the road, we may limit down to one clan. But due to the current popularity, I feel its best to just stick with two main clans. Anymore would just become a headache. If people want to be in one of the two more active clans, they gotta prove it first.

Just for your info Mana, I declined an invite from another (generic) clan (that I couldn't care less about) tonight. CAG 4 Lyfe.

THIS BETTER BE WORTH IT

;-)

[quote name='knightsdwn']LOL @ Chibi_Kaji at the last Assassination round.

I mortally wound the assassination target and calmly walk over to finish the job. Then, Chibi comes racing out of no where with his rocket launcher, points to the floor and blasts the target and himself to pieces. So unnecessary yet so funny.[/quote]
Haha, I was planning to kill the VIP but you got him first. So I figured I might as make sure the target stays dead(Since I wasn't going to last much longer). And I do recall hearing someone asking if what I did was necessary.

bread's done
Back