CAG Killzone 3 Clan/Game Night Thread [4/20 @ 8pm EST]

What Day/Time suits you? Any Day / After 6pm till 11pm est
Want to join the clan? Yes
Do you have a Headset? Yes

Hello everyone I have been a member for a while & now I'm ready to get
more involved. I'm an Iraq war vet and I'm ready to go to War!

Lets Go!

PSN: Daywalker_Lee

Add Me...

Timezone - CST
What Day/Time suits you? Sun, Wed, Fri, Sat nights
Want to join the clan? Sure!

Do you have a Headset?

Well, that's s question I've got. Do USB headset work? I've got a Logitech USB headset I use for podcasting. Will that do?

[quote name='Regian']Timezone - CST
What Day/Time suits you? Sun, Wed, Fri, Sat nights
Want to join the clan? Sure!

Do you have a Headset?

Well, that's s question I've got. Do USB headset work? I've got a Logitech USB headset I use for podcasting. Will that do?[/QUOTE]

Plug it in to see. Most USB headsets work, I think.

Let's go... someone get me in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Timezone Mountain Time
What Day/Time suits you? My schedule is all over the map, so don't worry about me. I'll play when I can.
Want to join the clan? Already Did
Do you have a Headset? Yes I do

Had to drop out. After being in 1 or 2 second a whole match and getting an error that made me miss out on 6000+ points... frustration. Good games though. Look forward to more!

[quote name='Saint Noir']Had to drop out. After being in 1 or 2 second a whole match and getting an error that made me miss out on 6000+ points... frustration. Good games though. Look forward to more![/QUOTE]

i had two games just like that... errr. i recommend pennyarcade's 2/25 post http://www.penny-arcade.com/

If theres room for a newbie, I'm free after 9 est Sun-Thurs. I've never been a FPS player but KZ3 looked so good I had to buy it and the sharpshooter to try and I am enjoying it. Now I just need to get good at it.

If at anytime, people see me playing in the CLAN menu, just hit me with an invite, i got my MEDIC fully spec'd just working on weapons. :)

PSN ID: DWTC69

I had a 1.55 K/D with the move. I was loving the advantages you get compared to just a regular controller setup. My brother bought me a sharpshooter and it's almost like completely relearning to walk again. To make things worse, I shoot left handed. Using your right thumb on the left analog is very weird to get used to. So much so that I resolved to learn to shoot right handed so my analogs were correct once again. I'm remaining optimistic even though I won't touch multiplayer anymore :(

It's almost like switching from a controller/pad to a fight stick in SFIV/SSFIV. That took me almost a month.

I'd like to join you guys. I played some KZ2 with whoever was in that clan (I was on the B squad more or less IIRC). Let me know if you guys are inviting!

Timezone - EST
What Day/Time suits you? Most nights after 10pm
Want to join the clan? YES
Do you have a Headset? YES

Thanks!

PSN tag is LordKeegs

I'll join!
Timezone - est
What Day/Time suits you? most nights after 10pm. Not weekends.
Want to join the clan? yes
Do you have a Headset? yes

psn is gqapproved

I should be able to be on tonight, i usually get on for 30mins to an hour most nights just to get some play time in but trying to beat the campaign.

I hopefully should have my new bluetooth headset as well!

Timezone - EST
What Day/Time suits you? Nights 8 - 2am (some nights)
Want to join the clan? YES
Do you have a Headset? YES
How man controllers do you have? 7
Are you willing to heal Teammates? YES

PSN: Thomaticus

[quote name='peloquin17']clan night tonight? yes? no? maybe?

i should be on around 9ish to start up a room.
maybe earlier.[/QUOTE]Go ahead and host a game if you want tonight.

Anyway, let me say that everyone who wants invited to the clan, expect me to take care of it Wednesday evening. Lets just say I have something very big/important to myself going on tomorrow, so its on my mind. Once it's over with, I'm back.

I'm getting on now and i am down for some clan matches, just hit me up in game or through PSN if you want so we can get a group going.

Timezone EST
What Day/Time suits you? Saturday/ Sunday ( I work nights so not unless the games start after midnight can I make it to them.)
Want to join the clan? Yes
Do you have a Headset? Yes

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
What Day/Time suits you? I can play most nights (with notice) but weekends work best for me. Evenings.
Want to join the clan? Possibly in the future. I have a group of friends I play games with and some of them may be getting KZ3 in the future, so I'm going to hold out for them for a little while.
Do you have a Headset? Yes, wired USB headset.

I usually play support, mainly Medic.
http://www.killzone.com/kz3/en_US/mykillzone/overview.html?name=Vader582

Feel free to add me to your Friends Lists for tonight's game.

Oh crap, I screwed up the date. I meant to do 3/3. If people want to play, I'll be on. Otherwise, I'll just push to Thursday,

Vader582 & MSUHitman, it said you were both already in a clan.

Hi,
I'd like to join the group if possible.

Timezone - EST
What Day/Time suits you? Nights (mostly weeknights) 8-11pm
Want to join the clan? Maybe
Do you have a Headset? Yes, Sony Bluetooth and Wired USB
How many controllers do you have? 1
Are you willing to heal Teammates? Yes, I enjoy playing as a medic.

PSN: CardiffGiant11

Tonight works for me either way. I'm gonna eat and hop on. Looks like there's a ton of people joining the clan so probably won't be any problem getting an 8 squad together tonight.

I will still go ahead and start the party tonight. Whoever I see on, I will invite. I may only play for just over an hour though, since I barely slept (interview).

couldnt get on the cag side. oh well.

funniest moment happened when when most left except for honoluluboo, deathmojo and a random. i was chasing honoluluboo on graveyard. i doubt he even saw me. i thought i got the drop on him but he was too far away. so chase ensued. bam! the crusher got him. hahahh. i didn't know if got wold get any xp. then pop +25 assist.

[quote name='enufs8d']couldnt get on the cag side. oh well.

funniest moment happened when when most left except for honoluluboo, deathmojo and a random. i was chasing honoluluboo on graveyard. i doubt he even saw me. i thought i got the drop on him but he was too far away. so chase ensued. bam! the crusher got him. hahahh. i didn't know if got wold get any xp. then pop +25 assist.[/QUOTE]

Not going to lie, we had to deal with your spawn camper the whole match. That Joel guy got stupid annoying haha.

Looks like the servers are down now so we are done. Sucks the night was so short but always tomorrow. I will be on and i know a few others mentioned it as well.

[quote name='Snake2715']What maps are normally played? Warzone is a bitch it just seems like there are campers everywhere.[/QUOTE]

depends if you get stuck on the s. market glitch where you keep looping the same map. so i played 90% of wz games on market because of the glitch. if you select your map preference, you can get into the other maps. turbine really sucks. the campers try to take top spawn with the jetpacks. i find it easy to get a lot of kills. but i hate when idiot teammates hog the jetpacks so that new ones don't load up. Highway map seems too big. Blvd is an enclosed rectangle map. yesterday, i played graveyard for the first time in warzone. good change.

you definitely need tacticians to control the map. if you're force down to one spawn point and/or are outnumbered (GG supposedly fixed this in the last update), youre going to get spawn camped. its part of the game.

engineers are good to control the other spaces and amno crates. but it seems that way too many people just want to cloak and camp.

tacticians are probably the most important class in the beginning of the game.

having the spawn points are so necessary for winning.

ill usually start with tactician to capture points, then ill move onto engineer.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Vader582 & MSUHitman, it said you were both already in a clan.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about that. I was going to try and stay in the other one but play with you all.
I have de-clanned myself and am open for tonight's KZ3 rumble.:)

[quote name='enufs8d']depends if you get stuck on the s. market glitch where you keep looping the same map. so i played 90% of wz games on market because of the glitch. if you select your map preference, you can get into the other maps. turbine really sucks. the campers try to take top spawn with the jetpacks. i find it easy to get a lot of kills. but i hate when idiot teammates hog the jetpacks so that new ones don't load up. Highway map seems too big. Blvd is an enclosed rectangle map. yesterday, i played graveyard for the first time in warzone. good change.

you definitely need tacticians to control the map. if you're force down to one spawn point and/or are outnumbered (GG supposedly fixed this in the last update), youre going to get spawn camped. its part of the game.

engineers are good to control the other spaces and amno crates. but it seems that way too many people just want to cloak and camp.[/QUOTE]

so there's a map glitch? I was getting pissed that I kept playing the same map. I think I only ever played two maps in warzone because it always loops that one. The only other one I played was the one with green crap flying everywhere.

I'm surprised so many people are playing as the marksman. I love me some sniping, especially as an offensive sniper picking off targets hovering around a defense target but after starting to build the class for awhile, I was sick of him. I now stick almost exclusively to the Infiltrator (he was also the first class I played as). I'm surprised more don't play him as I love this class, but I'm just a very aggressive, objective based player. I play the class very well.

I agree at the importantance of the tactician though. Capturing the spawn points is usually a matter of winning or losing because it's so important. I am maxing him out now due to having maxed my infiltrator a while ago, I just hate running around to tactical spawn points rather then pursuing the main objectives. It's almost like playing a separate game. Still, the class is dreadfully important.

Well I started off playing as a medic, and I guess that will still be my primary class. But the last few days I've played as both an infiltrator and engineer and I have to say, I love both of those classes as well. With infiltrator, there is nothing better than being a 'Strike Ninja' and racking up brutal melees. With the engineer, I get a kick out of providing the support of ammo crates.

What I've found interesting is that most people seem to be playing with grenades. Especially when I play engineer, I pack mines. Particularly in the 'graveyard' map, I always prox mine all the entry areas. It seems like people dont know to look for the mines. Even when I get killed, I get a lot of 'revenge' kills from people setting off my mines.

I really havent gotten into Marksman or tactician. I'm not quite good enough with the sniper rifle for Marksman, and I dont feel tactician does much for my play style. About the only time I'd really like to be a tactician would be on snowdrift as the spawn areas are of surpreme importance there (in operations mode).

[quote name='peloquin17']tacticians are probably the most important class in the beginning of the game.

having the spawn points are so necessary for winning.

ill usually start with tactician to capture points, then ill move onto engineer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed with our game last night It was only the second time for me playing warzone and the same turbine map.. I have not played another warzone map yet.

I was getting just tore up in my opinion and came out at the end of the game best in our clan.. I didnt know how that was possible as I am not a camp and hide player (like the other team seemed to be) and I dont yet know that map.

I was just curious if its always warzone or if the group changes it up to other game types, etc.

I had fun last night... too bad the servers were acting screwy and we couldn't get into any matches after 10PM. I'll definitely be on next Thursday. Hopefully there will be a patch issued by then.

[quote name='enufs8d']
funniest moment happened when when most left except for honoluluboo, deathmojo and a random. i was chasing honoluluboo on graveyard. i doubt he even saw me. i thought i got the drop on him but he was too far away. so chase ensued. bam! the crusher got him. hahahh. [/QUOTE]

Ha, ha, ha!:booty:Not funny. It's not cool being a Helgan pancake.
Last night was pretty fun running from your bot, but the spawn camper kinda ruined it a little bit. Looks like I need to work on my engineer.

bread's done
Back