CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Im thinking beginning of October. But if its coming out that soon we should know more about Multiplayer.

I wonder what the Amazon and Best Buy pre-orders will be...

[quote name='m_d_amore']but he can order from gamestop get the map and get it at midnite somewhere and just return the shipped one to midnite store[/QUOTE]

Is the code on the preorder receipt or the $59.99 paid-in-full receipt?

Reason I ask-- I just thought of something.
He could preorder the game from Gamestop to get the code and just not buy the game from GameStop. He could then use his $5 deposit as store credit on something else.. Or he could use that $5 on a different preorder for some other game.

[quote name='SubSailor']Is the code on the preorder receipt or the $59.99 paid-in-full receipt?

Reason I ask-- I just thought of something.
He could preorder the game from Gamestop to get the code and just not buy the game from GameStop. He could then use his $5 deposit as store credit on something else.. Or he could use that $5 on a different preorder for some other game.[/QUOTE]

Its on the receipt when you buy the game to prevent exactly what you are proposing.

I think you were using the M4A1 and Im not sure what you were using on the Merc side

Great games tonight guys. Gold have a good time checking out the new stadium.

Okay, these stupid length contracts are really starting to piss me off. 17 years! Are you kidding me! It takes him to age 44! It's looking like a cap hit of barely over 6 million per season, based on a little over 100 million.

Also, good games last night.

Im sure it will be frontloaded and in reality be around 100 mil over 10 years. I can't hate, we got Franzen and Zetterberg both signed into their 40s. Franzens cap hit is only 4 mil a season. It will be changed in the next CBA for sure though.

[quote name='Blackout']Good Lord. The update is almost 900MB. :cry:[/QUOTE]
There have been a few issues that have needed to be fixed over the last year and a half. Hopefully everything works well for you once it's installed and we'll see you in game:)

[quote name='Cigarl']There have been a few issues that have needed to be fixed over the last year and a half. Hopefully everything works well for you once it's installed and we'll see you in game:)[/QUOTE]

I played my first game last night. It was a lot of fun. I did alright, got myself a few kills. I didn't like that you could switch teams in the lobby. My team only had 3 guys, the other had like 7-8. Is this a normal thing that happens? It doesn't seem that fair to have such lopsided teams.

If you did quick match there a lot of quitters so sometimes teams get lopsided. if you go to a real lobby theres a balancer that makes it pretty even numbers wise skill wise is different. if your on later ill play a few around 10pm est

[quote name='m_d_amore']If you did quick match there a lot of quitters so sometimes teams get lopsided. if you go to a real lobby theres a balancer that makes it pretty even numbers wise skill wise is different. if your on later ill play a few around 10pm est[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had done a quick match. I probably won't be on tonight, but definitely will be this weekend.

Region Specific Special Forces. (SAS for England, Koreans for Korea, Aussie SAS for Australia, etc. Instead of the two seals in single player, Aussies will get Australian SAS commandos. This refers to single player not multiplayer.)

3 shots from an assault rifle (to the chest) can take down an enemy in socom 4. Weapons have been fined tuned very well. (bullets do what they should do.) (NO ARMOR POSSIBILITY!!! OOORAH!!!)

Victory Dancing confirmed. (I hope I can do the moonwalk )

Revival very similar to MAG's system. (go to player, hold action button. Nothing confirmed about socom 4 mp rev ival.)

EXTRA MAGS CONFIRMED FOR MP!!!

Maps will varry in size. S4 will have some of the smallest maps we have ever seen in socom!!!! Sounds like were going to have some socom 2 style fun.
16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Bullets do damage based on what kind they are and where you land them (specific to location).

In addition, the reference to "no time to change" has to do with why the characters are wearing the clothes they're wearing, not customization

As it is now (and keep in mind that maps, rules, speed and all that are still being polished so things might get even closer to what you want), yes, there's quite a bit that reminds me about S2 in terms of feeling, vibe and all that.

Good bit of news from Zipline Episode 13. Starting to feel better about where Socom4 is going

I've played about 10 games so far. I still suck huge balls. :cry:

Sometimes I can't even stay alive more than 20 seconds.

Sorry about missing the games last night. My first time back on SOCOM, and my newborn son refused to let me play by crying the whole time.

I'll try again next time

[quote name='darken']Sorry about missing the games last night. My first time back on SOCOM, and my newborn son refused to let me play by crying the whole time.

I'll try again next time[/QUOTE]

No worries. We ended up knocking off pretty early and a few of us played some Catan.

Well I don't think anyone saw this coming:

Sony Statement:
"We can confirm that SOCOM 4 will be released in 2011. The team is focusing on additional features which will help to deliver the most compelling and immersive SOCOM experience yet. Please look out for further updates and announcements over the coming months."

Zipper Statement:
"While we're certainly aware that you've been looking forward to playing SOCOM 4 this year, we don't want to take any shortcuts. Instead, we want to deliver the best and most immersive SOCOM game we possibly can and we're going to use our extra time to do just that."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109221p1.html

As someone who is really getting tired of the shit going down in public matches this could not be worse news.

fuck Zipper. I am immensely dissapointed for the game to be delayed. You know why? Because once again Sony forces stupid shit upon Zipper (Like Move Support and 3D) it is ridiculous. The game has been in development for 3+ years and they announce a delay Four months before release? Its straight up bullshit. Some of us don't have any other games to play besides Socom and they just fucked those people right in the ass.

[quote name='kurokubushi']Hey beeshes guess who's back! and finially has himself a new PS3!!! I still need to pick up socom, but add me again fella's it's PSN: blakeyedsniper[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. The game has changed a bit with the new weapons and maps, but it is still a good time. Look forward to seeing you on again.

Socom 4 Info-
Factions will be decided by what side you pick in the match. (In other words no getting stuck with the same character forever. Thank you Zipper you just made me more of a fanboy than I already am.
16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
)

Socom 4 is still in Pre Alpha Stage.

Delay as we all should know is because Zipper wants to make the game as great as possible.

Socom Confrontation YES/NO influenced socom 4. Zipper is making sure that Socom 4 will be much more in depth than confrontation. (imo, they were being very polite toward those brilliant developers over at slant six. (Yes Single Player importance is recognized by Zipper.)

Descructable Cover will influence gameplay. (Grenades destroy roadblocks, or jersey berries, whatever they're called?) (What are they called Dunham/Roper?)

Socom 4 PNS Themes a likely possibility
(would be near actual release when we would see these themes, if they come to exist.)

Socom 4 will have weapon attachments. (Uh oh I was scared about that one lol. )

Major things-

NO SWIMMING CONFIRMED!!!! SOCOM 4 WILL NOT HAVE WATER CAMPING!!!

no nightvision confirmed. (retail version? huh?)

Quick Reloading Confirmed!!!

Great hit detection, releastic weapons, etc. 8)

First of 38 future ziplines before release :(

The Zipper podcast is getting a little bit sickening. All they ever say about Socom 4 is "We can't say anything about that yet, but it is going to be really cool when we tell you about it." I don't know how they are going to sustain their current level of programing over the next year as Socom 4 is pushed further and further away. What a load of crap.

Someone send blakeye an invite, I wont be on til next week

And yes, there is no reason to listen to Zipline anymore. We wont get any MP info until Holiday Season

This game is brutal on new players. I can't even stay in a game long enough now because all the douchebags keep voting me out of them. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get better if, you know, I can't play the damn game.

There's also way too many team killers playing.

[quote name='Blackout']This game is brutal on new players. I can't even stay in a game long enough now because all the douchebags keep voting me out of them. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get better if, you know, I can't play the damn game.

There's also way too many team killers playing.[/QUOTE]

Option 1 - Pick one of the first rooms (usually US West XX) and go to the bottom of the list to find some non-ranked respawn rooms.

Option 2 - Send out some friend requests to the CAGs on this forum and play with us.

Yeah that's the reason I only play this with other CAG members, it seems everytime I play with other clans I am getting voted out. They should at least let you know they are gonna kick you out before the game starts.

[quote name='AXV1']Is SmogItUp new I haven't seen him before?[/QUOTE]

Lol...I havent been on my Ps3 in forever. Got a nice gig going right now for that Detroit 187 show currently filming. All you guys should watch it to keep me employed for the next 2+ years! I should be in the credits from Episode 2 onwards. My free time has been killed though, I get one day off a week and pretty much sleep all day. I will try to get on this Tues night if I can

Oh hell. I figured I would potentially play some Socom tonight to relive old memories of when I wasn't playing with douchebags on MAG, anyone else wanna hit me up? PSN: Kaelanstorm

[quote name='smiggity']No Gun Hot Feature in Socom 4. Seriously Zipper wtf and they said maps are gonna be bigger[/QUOTE]

I think that the gun up feature was one of the things that really set this game apart. It adds such a level of suspense when it is one on one at the end of a round and your gun goes hot while the other guy is hiding or moving around you. Since I've never played any of the old Socom games, is the hot gun something that has always been in the series or was it new in Confrontation.

Been there since Socom 1. How the hell are we gonna find that last camper on maps that are bigger than Confrontation maps without gun hot? Its ludicrous. It also seems like Push To Talk might be out as well. Basically every Zipline it gets closer to Call Of Duty garbage ass game. Im almost certain that they will have ranked respawn and health regen

Like you said Gold, its the little features that sets socom apart.
Gun Hot
PushToTalk
Clan Support
the list goes on forever. Sadly it seems Zipper is trying to turn this into some sort of COD clone and strip away the uniqueness of Socom one little feature at a time

bread's done
Back