CAGCAA - NCAA 09 Dynasty - 2009 Season - Week 19 Week Deadline: 6/7

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sure, as soon as you guys finish your things, I'll push the league to the next week.[/QUOTE]

SWEET, I believe me and Mr. Young play next week.

Mr. Young, I have a proposition for you. If I win you send me sixteen rolls of SOFT toilet paper.

If you win I'll send you the new taint brush I just got from Johnson and Johnson

[quote name='Johnacon']Wow, I wish someone would make me a win/win wager like that.[/QUOTE]

If only you'd have been in the SEC man, we coulda had a great wager. I tell you what get to the BCS Championship game and we'll have a hella WAGER!

[quote name='FrankySox']If only you'd have been in the SEC man, we coulda had a great wager. I tell you what get to the BCS Championship game and we'll have a hella WAGER![/quote]

I'm trying as hard as I can.

Bye the way, can someone post when we advance to week 2? I need to set up my next game against the Tennessee Coonhounds.

[quote name='FrankySox']SWEET, I believe me and Mr. Young play next week.

Mr. Young, I have a proposition for you. If I win you send me sixteen rolls of SOFT toilet paper.

If you win I'll send you the new taint brush I just got from Johnson and Johnson[/QUOTE]

LMAO... You're on. Or you would be... but I don't play Georgia unless Frisky edited the schedules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I did. I didn't have a working computer then. Well, on one hand, I'm playing the #1 team (following a game with the #7 team) so I probably have the toughest schedule of anyone when you throw that in with my Big Ten schedule. But on the other hand, it's FrankySox. So not only will it be fun due to the conversation, but last time we played in Madden, I beat him 49-14. :p

If you're talking about me, I'm doing it right now.

EDIT: I'm done. Now moonknight has to do his and we'll be set.

EDIT 2: He set ready to advance eevn though he still has 10 hours of recruiting time. I guess you can advance us.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yes, I did. I didn't have a working computer then. Well, on one hand, I'm playing the #1 team (following a game with the #7 team) so I probably have the toughest schedule of anyone when you throw that in with my Big Ten schedule. But on the other hand, it's FrankySox. So not only will it be fun due to the conversation, but last time we played in Madden, I beat him 49-14. :p[/quote]
I'll be cheering for you to put a dent into the SEC pride for the Big Ten.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'll be cheering for you to put a dent into the SEC pride for the Big Ten.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks. It wouldn't hurt to have the #1 team knocked off, anyway.

So has the schedule been advanced? I'm playing in another dynasty game right now so I can't check.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yes, I did. I didn't have a working computer then. Well, on one hand, I'm playing the #1 team (following a game with the #7 team) so I probably have the toughest schedule of anyone when you throw that in with my Big Ten schedule. But on the other hand, it's FrankySox. So not only will it be fun due to the conversation, but last time we played in Madden, I beat him 49-14. :p[/QUOTE]

If you beat me I'll change my gamertag to TPAddict... and you know how I don't like that to get out, so I'm bringing the A game dog.

We are now in week 2.

Here's the recap of the past week:

Missouri's loss to Illinois plummeted them down to #16 from the #7 spot, letting Illinois leap frog them to the #15 spot, up three spots from last week. Alabama's loss to Clemson kicks them out of the Top 25 so that Fresno State could make their jump into the 25th spot.

The Heisman Race is already heating up with Chase Daniel falling a spot and Noel Devine of West Virginia taking over for the #4 spot. Say goodbye to the Texas Tech receiver Michael Crabtree as he's off the watch this week.

Your Coke Zero National Players of the Week are Noel Devine, HB for West Virginia, and George Baker, CB for South Florida. Ohio State's Chris Wells and Marcus Freeman took Big Ten Players of the Week honors. Miami's Graig Cooper and Anthony Reddick swept ACC Player of the Week honors. Big East Players of the Week honors were split amongst the two National winners. SEC Players of the Week honors were split amongst Knowshon Moreno from Georgia (HB) and Chris Hawkings from LSU (CB).

This week's schedule:

Tennessee (pitfallharry219) at Clemson (Johnacon)
West Virginia (Dyson) atOhio State (FriskyTanuki)
LSU (DJSteel) atMichigan State (XXXplosive1)
Illinois (Matt Young) at Georgia (FrankySox)
Florida (RawisJericho) at Miami (Ace!)
South Florida (moonknight25) at UCF
Troy at Florida State (slickkill7)

I'm not sure if those of you outside of the Top 25 can see your ranking or not, but if you can, could you let me know what it is? I'd like to keep the OP up to date on that if it's possible.

[quote name='Ace!']Hey Jericho. Let me know when a good time for you to play is, thanks[/quote]

I can play right now or tonight as long as it isn't too late or I can play tomorrow night. What about you?

and just to give everyone a heads up, I may only have this game until the first week of September. Its a long story, but I'll for sure keep up with everything until then. I'm hoping we can get through the first year by then.

Thanks for the good clean game...Harvin is a beast!!! Tebow messed you up in this game..3 INTs and a fumble.

Good Luck with the rest of the games!

[quote name='Ace!']Thanks for the good clean game...Harvin is a beast!!! Tebow messed you up in this game..3 INTs and a fumble.

Good Luck with the rest of the games![/quote]

I think your defense was just playing that good :)

Yeah the game was fun, good luck to you too! Maybe we'll meet again later in this league or in the Madden league.

Wow I played like garbage in my first game. I threw 4 ints total. 2 from my starter and 2 from the back up. I won easily but wow certain garbage things happened.....3rd and 15 for the cpu, it throws a slant into triple coverage, and the wr breaks three tackles to score their first TD. A lot of the cpu's picks were clearly pass interference but since penalties are basically non existent it never happened

I suffered a good thrashing at the hands of Johnitalia and the Clemson Tigers, 47-10. It seems there was quite a bit of lag. Maybe it was just on my end. I'm not using that as an excuse though, as I admit I made some stupid mistakes that cost me .

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow I played like garbage in my first game. I threw 4 ints total. 2 from my starter and 2 from the back up. I won easily but wow certain garbage things happened.....3rd and 15 for the cpu, it throws a slant into triple coverage, and the wr breaks three tackles to score their first TD. A lot of the cpu's picks were clearly pass interference but since penalties are basically non existent it never happened[/quote]

There's no referees on the field, how can they call penalties? ;)

[quote name='RawisJericho']There's no referees on the field, how can they call penalties? ;)[/quote]

I think they are just invisible.....obviously they are their when they do call a penalty....as rare as that is. O thats it they are magic!

[quote name='slickkill77']I think they are just invisible.....obviously they are their when they do call a penalty....as rare as that is. O thats it they are magic![/quote]

I bet they just have active camo.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I suffered a good thrashing at the hands of Johnitalia and the Clemson Tigers, 47-10. It seems there was quite a bit of lag. Maybe it was just on my end. I'm not using that as an excuse though, as I admit I made some stupid mistakes that cost me .[/quote]

I had a lot of lag also. That was a weird game where my offense didn't do anything more than yours, it was just turnovers.

I like playing other CAGs. It seems like it makes the week go by faster when one game is really two games.

Franky and I are having connection issues. We've played tons of games before, and the only problem we've had was him not getting brought along in COD4 parties. Now, we can't even connect for a private chat. :(

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I can play you Wednsday night after 7pm eastern.[/quote]

i'll be on then.. atleast I'll try to be there...

[quote name='slickkill77']Do you guys have a screwed up NAT?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. he fixed the problem, and then beat me 44-21. Georgia's unstoppable, and Knowshon Moreno is a slippery motherfucker.

[quote name='slickkill77']Well defense on this game is one of many problems...that and the speed of the defense in comparison witht the offense[/QUOTE]

My defense is usually great. I was just over-matched.

[quote name='Ace!']Hopefully I will get to play the #1 team in the nation one day!!! Would love to show the Bulldogs how football is played :)[/quote]

thUg...maybe back in 2000. Its USF's time

[quote name='slickkill77']thUg...maybe back in 2000. Its USF's time[/QUOTE]

Might want to watch what you say about DA U.

They produce talent...always will

How many years in a row has USF gave the NFL a first round pick?

The program is back on the rise...and USF will wont nothing to do with them...

[quote name='Ace!']Hopefully I will get to play the #1 team in the nation one day!!! Would love to show the Bulldogs how football is played :)[/QUOTE]

LoL, Obviously you don't know knowshon

[quote name='Ace!']Might want to watch what you say about DA U.

They produce talent...always will

How many years in a row has USF gave the NFL a first round pick?

The program is back on the rise...and USF will wont nothing to do with them...[/quote]

They have only been alive for about 10 years so we cant compare obviously:roll:...but I disagree. We play your bunch next year so we will see. You guys will get to watch the majesty of a Senior Grothe.

As far as "producing talent" thats a bit of a joke. Miami constantly gets 5 -4 star recruits just based off of name. USF actualy produces talent. George Selvie was a 1 star center, Grothe was a two/three star qb that no one recruited. Mike Jenkins and Trea Williams. Need I say more? Kiwanuka Mitchell won a super bowl with the giants. I could go on. This is like arguing the Marlins and Rays vs the Yankees and Soxs. People always fall back on history. Well we are too young to have history, we are making it.

Look at Miami last year. Lots of high ranking talent that couldn't do anything. Meanwhile USF managed to be the almighty WVU for the 2nd year in a row

[quote name='slickkill77']They have only been alive for about 10 years so we cant compare obviously:roll:...but I disagree. We play your bunch next year so we will see. You guys will get to watch the majesty of a Senior Grothe.

As far as "producing talent" thats a bit of a joke. Miami constantly gets 5 -4 star recruits just based off of name. USF actualy produces talent. George Selvie was a 1 star center, Grothe was a two/three star qb that no one recruited. Mike Jenkins and Trea Williams. Need I say more? Kiwanuka Mitchell won a super bowl with the giants. I could go on. This is like arguing the Marlins and Rays vs the Yankees and Soxs. People always fall back on history. Well we are too young to have history, we are making it.

Look at Miami last year. Lots of high ranking talent that couldn't do anything. Meanwhile USF managed to be the almighty WVU for the 2nd year in a row[/QUOTE]

Yea I guess Miami doesnt produce talent...Only the most first round picks in the last 10 years...nothing much though.

[quote name='DJSteel']Miami is overrated..

gg Xxplosive...why didn't you talk?[/QUOTE]

They are? Overrated for a 5-7 team???

They have a QB starting this year with no experience...4 QBs on the roster and none has played college ball yet...

Not sure about overrated...but the Miami fans love their team no matter what...no bandwagon jumping for the Canes fans.

Miami is known for putting teams on the field with tons of talent and not winning in the recent years...whats it from? Egos? Coaching? Not sure...but they are making a chance down in Miami - Might not be a great season this year...but every team has its slumps.

Its hard to be a team like the ones is 2000, 2001, and 2002...its just hard!

they used to be really good...now they aren't even the best team in Florida... I was never a huge fan of them.. I'm not questioning your fandom.. I just don't like em..

Not to bust the party on who is the best team in Florida or whether Miami has talent or not (at least I hope not on September 20), but can someone tell me how to link my gamertag to my Easportsworld account? I have made it as far as the page at ea.com where you tell it your gamertag, but it then tells me that my gamertag isn't recognized and that I should look for an email they sent when I started up NCAA 2009.

Well, I haven't received this email, so I was wondering if anyone knew how to retrigger the email or whatever else I need to do to link the two of them

One or two good seasons doesn't put us on the same level as UM, FL, or FSU. We need to have a good 4-5 run with a few bcs bowl WINS for us to even come close. Losing to Rutgers, Uconn, Ducks last year showed me that we have a way to go! Cinci was a beast last year so I expected us to lose that game hehe.

Btw, UCF's defense gave me a scare in my dynasty game. Luckily, my D saved my stagnant offense!

[quote name='DJSteel']Miami is overrated..

gg Xxplosive...why didn't you talk?[/QUOTE]

My son broke my mike, I could hear you but I guess you couldn't hear me. I picked up a used one today that seems to work.

[quote name='moonknight25']One or two good seasons doesn't put us on the same level as UM, FL, or FSU. We need to have a good 4-5 run with a few bcs bowl WINS for us to even come close. Losing to Rutgers, Uconn, Ducks last year showed me that we have a way to go! Cinci was a beast last year so I expected us to lose that game hehe.

Btw, UCF's defense gave me a scare in my dynasty game. Luckily, my D saved my stagnant offense![/quote]

We are still young but Levitt is a ridiculously good coach. If college football was level like the NFL then Miami would be considered sick, but getting 5 star recruits based off of name and then having those players become pros doesnt mean they produce talent. Ever notice how FSU, Florida, Miami, USC, LSU etc... always have high draft picks? Its because they get the best athletes. Less developing talent and more just having better athletes

bread's done
Back