CAGCAA - NCAA 10 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Week 19 Deadline: 6/28

I'm updating the rosters now. If I can still have Michigan and Notre Dame as rivals I would love it. You can let Penn State go.

I'm moving us ahead tomorrow, as the title states. There's just the few things I mentioned to do, so nobody should be not doing this stuff.

Pre-Season Recap:

MattNY/Yanksfan was the only person that failed to accept his invite, so he's on the bubble for the first week of the season and needs to complete his activities so I see that he's actually going to be active in this dynasty. Just as a reminder, if you're not playing a game in a given week and don't want to do recruiting, the least you can do is sign on and select the "ready to advance" option in the dynasty headquarters so I know you're not ignoring the dynasty. It's at least 10 times easier to get to the dynasty this year, so there's no excuse to get spend five to ten minutes to get on and get the small amount of work you need to do done when you don't have a game to play.

I've gone through the schedules with a fine tooth comb and made them fit to start the season, so here are your non-conference schedules to see how they turned out. Because the conference has so many high caliber teams, most everyone's strength of schedule is A+, so BCS rankings should be a bit kinder on anyone that is in the running for the National Championship. Michigan State/Notre Dame was no possible for the reason that both are in the same conference, but different divisions, so that game will happen when it happens.

This is the first week of the newly-rebranded Supremely Excellent Conference (SEC), which is made up of some of the most exciting and talented teams in the country that wish to prove that they are better than everyone else by aiming for to play in the National Championship game at the end of the season.

The Pre-Season Heisman Watch features two players from the SEC: Tim Tebow of Florida in the #1 spot and Colt McCoy of Texas in spot #3. I will keep an eye on how the race progresses as the season starts to see who is most likely to take home the Heisman trophy for the 2009 season.

The Pre-Season All-NCAA All-American selections included a number of SEC players. The first team saw Florida take the lead with four players, LSU in second with two, and Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, South Florida, and USC all had one player each. Florida had the most players on the All-NCAA All-American 2nd Team list with two players whileLSU, USC, Texas, Michigan State, and Miami had one player each.

The All-SEC All-American selections provided some odd moments, as voters seemed to be confused about who was in the SEC since Georgia, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt players were selected for a few spots. The 1st Team was overwhelmingly filled with Florida players, nine of them to be exact, while LSU came in second with four players, and Georgia Tech and Rutgers tied for third with two players each. The 2nd Team saw a repeat with Florida in first again with seven selections, LSU came in second with four selections, and USC and Ohio State tied for third place with two selections each. Georgia had an embarassing ten players selected, ensuring that a petition will be created to have selections redone, but the red tape is sure to take several years to be cleared up so that nobody will care by then.

This first week of the season is always a special one, as it kicks off the long stretch of coverage regarding which teams will contend for the National Championships at year's end and eternal complaints about the BCS and why we need playoffs to truly settle the disputes. In the meantime, a few big games are scheduled for today. #7 Ohio State will be taking on #25 Kansas as one of the first ranked games of the year, though you will also see #10 Virginia Tech at #3 Texas later that night. Florida also hosts a game against Missouri at home to start off their campaign as rightful owners of the #1 ranking. A few rivalry games are also happening early this year, with Boston College at Notre Dame, USC at UCLA, and Michigan State at Michigan all taking place today.

The full schedule for this week:

Lee Rutgers (BigAT4) at NC StateKirk
Kirk Virginia at Miami (HeadShotKillaz) Lee
Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at Kansas Lee Kirk
Kirk Missouri at Florida (Ultimate Matt X) Lee
Kirk Memphis at Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) Lee
Kirk Boston College at Notre Dame (Regian) Lee
Kirk Louisiana Tech at Iowa (MattNY) Lee
Lee USC (ShadyMarino) at UCLA Kirk
Kirk Michigan State (XXXplosive1) at Michigan Lee
Lee Kirk Virginia Tech at Texas (Frankysox)
Lee LSU (Doomtime) at Washington Kirk
South Florida (JustnCredible29) at Arizona State Lee Kirk

Good God, I won my game against ASU.....but that crowd had me rattled man. I was throwing ducks all over the field. If it wasn't for some key defensive stops, I would have lost. USF 30 ASU 12. Good Luck to everyone in the dynasty this year and I look forward to playing all of you guys!

My game was off during the Boston College matchup, but pulled off a squeaker. Beat 'em 21-19. I gotta man up and get my shit together.

Just for the record, I'm a casual NCAA player. I'm expecting to take a few bumps during this season. I wish everyone here the best of luck this season! Most importantly, have fun.

Won my game 48-7. Charles Scott was doing work for me. Got 2 hard commits in the first week of my recruiting. Good first week for LSU.

Well, had a pretty decent first game. Didn't have the greatest offensive showing, but a 100 yard interception return and a 99 yard kick return really helped. I hated running up the score on the computer, but I wanted a good showing for the BCS, though really I didn't do much once the game was under control anyway.

Can someone explain how I should handle recruiting? What are the advantages/disadvantages to offering scholarships now? What about untargeting prospects and targeting new ones? I mean I know realistically what some of this may mean, but I'm not sure how the game handles it.

Offer scholarships to most if not all of the recruits that you want. You should be able to get a ton of 4-5 star recruits simply by calling them and driving home your strong points.

Make sure you invite them to campus whenever you see their status as "ready"

Managed to beat Kansas, though it wasn't easy until the last half of the fourth quarter when I got a few interceptions that I could return for TD's to confirm my victory. Threw a few interceptions with Pryor even though one or two were tipped passes to my receiver, which helped them stay in it and get up to being down by four points.

Also, got a quick commit from the #2 FS in the recruiting class.

I'll have to send another message to MattNY since he's the last guy left, so I hope we can move on before Monday if he's going to show up this time. Keep up the good work by getting your games in quickly and we can move ahead quickly so it doesn't take nearly a year to get two seasons done.

[quote name='FrankySox']Man I better get Defensive Player of the Week. My DE had 11 tackles 8 TFL, and 5 sacks. Can anyone top that?[/QUOTE]
Pretty impressive. Nope can't top that.

[quote name='BigAT']Are we still waiting on MattNY?[/QUOTE]
Yep we are. I nominate Matt NY for the boot unless he has a legitimate reason.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yep we are. I nominate Matt NY for the boot unless he has a legitimate reason.[/QUOTE]

He has been online...was just playing Geometry Wars 2 hours ago...

He has had time to play...input the reserve!

[quote name='neworlbush25']Just lettin ya kno, I posted to be the reserve and i messaged the OP.
Id be glad to take over[/QUOTE]
I'm all for letting bush25 take over.

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm all for letting bush25 take over.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

If I remember correctly, he was quite reliable in the Madden league last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ace!']He has been online...was just playing Geometry Wars 2 hours ago...

He has had time to play...input the reserve![/QUOTE]

Yeah I just checked his gamercard again. He hasn't played NCAA in days it seems. He's just playing arcade games so he's had the time.

He sent me another message yesterday about getting the idea that I kicked him already in the first message, so I corrected him and will see if he pulls through or not.

I was just about to ask the same thing bush. I just checked his gamertag and the guy still hasn't played his game. He was on the bigs so I don't know what he's doing but he's really taking his time.

On another not. I kept getting killed by penalties using the new stratagy system. I went aggressive on tackles. and kept getting facemask penalties that kept multiple drives alive for Michigan and it was literally the difference in me losing the game. I think I had 6 or 7 in the game. Has anyone else had the strategy pick affect their games like this?

this fucking dude needs to be replaced.

He has been online the last 3 days, why the hell cant we go ahead and get someone that is willing to play?

[quote name='XXXplosive1']On another not. I kept getting killed by penalties using the new stratagy system. I went aggressive on tackles. and kept getting facemask penalties that kept multiple drives alive for Michigan and it was literally the difference in me losing the game. I think I had 6 or 7 in the game. Has anyone else had the strategy pick affect their games like this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had a rough go of it in an offline dynasty game with a teambuilder team against byu. I had about 10 various penalties in the 4th quarter alone due to me setting it at aggressive. Since then i keep it on normal. Btw, i sent mattny i message a few days ago also, letting him know that he was the last dude we were waiting on, seems to me that he doesn't want to play ncaa anymore. I vote yes for bush!!

I just sent him one final message today to play his game by tonight or he's gone.

I'm not sure how we'll handle this since we just started the season and the conferences are locked down, so neworldbush25 could take over for Iowa for this season or he could take Pitt and play alone in the Big Ten until being promoted to the SEC during the off-season.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I just sent him one final message today to play his game by tonight or he's gone.

I'm not sure how we'll handle this since we just started the season and the conferences are locked down, so neworldbush25 could take over for Iowa for this season or he could take Pitt and play alone in the Big Ten until being promoted to the SEC during the off-season.[/QUOTE]

The new person should take the existing team...then after year one they can switch if they would like....This is what makes it fair for the rest of the league

[quote name='Ace!']The new person should take the existing team...then after year one they can switch if they would like....This is what makes it fair for the rest of the league[/QUOTE]
agreed

MattNy hasnt even accepted your invite Frisky. I just checked and still no game done. Bush, Iowa is actually pretty decent this year and they are ranked, you will have fun with their wide-open offense!

good deal.

Looks like we might get to next week tomorrow.

I will check my schedule and see when I can play my opponent.

Did we ever come up with specific rules for user gameplay? Like no manual movements, no blitzing every play, stuff like that?

[quote name='Ace!']good deal.

Looks like we might get to next week tomorrow.

I will check my schedule and see when I can play my opponent.

Did we ever come up with specific rules for user gameplay? Like no manual movements, no blitzing every play, stuff like that?[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, I think I'm playing you tomorrow if we advance by then.

Week 1 Recap:

Texas' win over Virginia Tech pushed them up a spot to the #2 ranking behind Florida to give them early momentum towards the BCS National Championship race. An unusual loss this early in the season by Boise State to Oregon also caused their drop to the last half of the Top 25. BYU got lucky to only drop to the #22 spot while Florida State and Kansas dropped out of the Top 25 entirely after their opening season losses, which allowed Rutgers and South Florida to make their first appearances in the Top 25 for week 2.

Though the first week didn't change the Heisman Watch at all, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford (300 total yards & 4 TDs) and Cal's Jahvid Best (200 total yards & 2 TDs) having the best performances of the week.

This week's SEC Players of the Week awards go to Iowa's Jewel Hampton on Offense, who ran for nearly 300 yards and three TDs to be Louisiana Tech, and Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan on Defense, with seven tackles and five sacks.

This week's schedule features a lot of big games. The first is the early rendition of the biggest rivalry in sports, Michigan vs. Ohio State, and Ohio State aims to extend their unprecendented winning streak to six games with a big win at home. The SEC conference schedule starts to get into full effect as Notre Dame visits Iowa, Rutgers takes a trip to Lansing to take on Michigan State, and Miami tries to break into the Top 25 with a huge win over LSU.

Here's the full schedule for this week:

Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) at Vanderbilt Lee Kirk
Kirk Boston College at Florida (Ultimate Matt X) Lee
Kirk Notre Dame (Regian) at Iowa (neworlbush25) Lee
Rutgers (BigAT4) at Michigan State (XXXplosive1) Lee Kirk
Kirk Arizona at Texas (Frankysox) Lee
Kirk Michigan at Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) Lee
Kirk Miami (HeadShotKillaz) at LSU (Doomtime) Lee

Byes: USC (ShadyMarino), South Florida (JustnCredible29)

I'm not sure what they did to the AI for Lee and Kirk's choices, but Kirk went winless last week and doesn't look so good this week while Lee won nine games and has some strong picks for this week.

thought this years league was going to be different.

I cant deal with rolling QBs every play...

Frisky,

Once you create a league with rules, send me an invite.

So Da U is open for business.

[quote name='Ace!']thought this years league was going to be different.

I cant deal with rolling QBs every play...

Frisky,

Once you create a league with rules, send me an invite.

So Da U is open for business.[/QUOTE]

Rolling every play? What are you talking about? I had probably a 65/45 % run pass offense for that game. And when you put pressure on the QB, I moved simple as that. Why didn't you blitz the other side then? Play some D. Ridiculous man.

bread's done
Back