CAGCAA - NCAA 10 Dynasty - 2011 Season - Week 19 Deadline: 6/28

Use a qb spy type defense and target the qb with that new target feature. Running the ball 65% is a good mix imo. I haven't played either one of you guys so I'm not taking sides, but I wouldn't quit the league , Ace over this. Rolling out isn't cheap imo, I rollout with Grothe some myself...not really to run (he gets hurt a lot lol) but to run a version of the usf/mich/wvu spread.

[quote name='moonknight25']Use a qb spy type defense and target the qb with that new target feature. Running the ball 65% is a good mix imo. I haven't played either one of you guys so I'm not taking sides, but I wouldn't quit the league , Ace over this. Rolling out isn't cheap imo, I rollout with Grothe some myself...not really to run (he gets hurt a lot lol) but to run a version of the usf/mich/wvu spread.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even scramble the whole game. I scrambled once for 6 yards and that's it. I was handing the ball off to Scott for most of the game and I punted on every 4th down. What more does this guy want?

Yeah I couldn't care less if you roll out, especially when the super pass rush comes (though it is non-existent sometimes too). Now rolling out and running with the QB nonstop sucks, but this doesn't seem the case here. I was looking at QB stats and it didn't seem anyone averaged more than 5 yards running when I saw some of the top player stats from the user teams.

On another note, I finally got my offense going a little this week. Still threw some dumb picks though. I didn't allow an offensive touchdown which was nice too.

I can't check stats on the game to get an idea of what happened until the week is over, but Ace already quit, so there's no use in trying to convince him to stay. I only really ask that people play fairly and respectfully in this league since I don't really expect anybody here to be the ruthless cheaters/glitchers that tend to inhabit the online competition.

[quote name='Ace!']thought this years league was going to be different.

I cant deal with rolling QBs every play...

Frisky,

Once you create a league with rules, send me an invite.

So Da U is open for business.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the simple solution be to use a QB Spy?

Plus, playing as a pocket QB doesn't seem really to take you that far this year, IMO. I try to move a bit myself.

[quote name='Regian']Wouldn't the simple solution be to use a QB Spy?

Plus, playing as a pocket QB doesn't seem really to take you that far this year, IMO. I try to move a bit myself.[/QUOTE]
Yep. And he didn't play it once. He used the same defensive package the whole game except when i was inside the 10.

[quote name='Doomtime']Rolling every play? What are you talking about? I had probably a 65/45 % run pass offense for that game. And when you put pressure on the QB, I moved simple as that. Why didn't you blitz the other side then? Play some D. Ridiculous man.[/QUOTE]

DIdn't you get mad and quit last year after one game because there weren't any rules?

[quote name='FrankySox']DIdn't you get mad and quit last year after one game because there weren't any rules?[/QUOTE]
No, I wasn't even on the boards last year. This is my first year in any league.

I think Ace was the one who quit last year....i think it was because he didn't like how we played once a week.....

Edit;

Actually, it was the same reason....i went back and read last years season thread. He played slickkill and was pissed that he was down 5 and slick didn't throw the ball to give Ace a chance for a pick 6. Mind you slick ran the ball 5 straight times to finish the game and happened to score a td. Ace felt that was running up the score ad promptly quit the league LOL.

Franky's Quote

LOL? This sounds strange, and this league seemed to be going so well. I'd like to hear what this skillkill dude was doing, but maybe he was trying to score again to give you a chance to pick it off or something. Would you rather him just kneel the ball down? I don't know I'm not taking sides I'd just like to hear what happened.

Quote by Ace

"this was just the icing on the cake...I dont mind losing...I am not the greatest player of all time...but with the clock still running, I have no timeouts. He is up by 5 already...so I am just letting it ride...and he just keeps running...wont be any pick six when there is a run...and I have only fumbled once ever in this game...so I know thats almost impossible."

"I would rather talk to Frisky before I say anything else. Because the stuff he does, might be stuff other people do in the league. I got into the league for a realistic simulation of a game...and my other leagues run that way. I dont want to tell everything he does, unless he would like me to or if Frisky wants me to.

Anyway. If we meet in the ACC Championship, I will not play that game either...so sim away"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']No, I wasn't even on the boards last year. This is my first year in any league.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Doomtime I meant Ace. I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything but this is exactly what happened last year after a game or so.

Oh well I'm ready for week 3. Also I don't think my first user game is until Week 4 against the TROJANS...gasp

[quote name='moonknight25']I think Ace was the one who quit last year....i think it was because he didn't like how we played once a week.....

Edit;

Actually, it was the same reason....i went back and read last years season thread. He played slickkill and was pissed that he was down 5 and slick didn't throw the ball to give Ace a chance for a pick 6. Mind you slick ran the ball 5 straight times to finish the game and happened to score a td. Ace felt that was running up the score ad promptly quit the league LOL.

Franky's Quote

LOL? This sounds strange, and this league seemed to be going so well. I'd like to hear what this skillkill dude was doing, but maybe he was trying to score again to give you a chance to pick it off or something. Would you rather him just kneel the ball down? I don't know I'm not taking sides I'd just like to hear what happened.

Quote by Ace

"this was just the icing on the cake...I dont mind losing...I am not the greatest player of all time...but with the clock still running, I have no timeouts. He is up by 5 already...so I am just letting it ride...and he just keeps running...wont be any pick six when there is a run...and I have only fumbled once ever in this game...so I know thats almost impossible."

"I would rather talk to Frisky before I say anything else. Because the stuff he does, might be stuff other people do in the league. I got into the league for a realistic simulation of a game...and my other leagues run that way. I dont want to tell everything he does, unless he would like me to or if Frisky wants me to.

Anyway. If we meet in the ACC Championship, I will not play that game either...so sim away"[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. What a douche.

Those are some weird rules that I'm supposed to put in place:

1. No rolling out, not even once.
2. No running plays when you're in the lead, just lame duck passes so your opponent can have a chance at a pick six.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
2. No running plays when you're in the lead, just lame duck passes so your opponent can have a chance at a pick six.[/QUOTE]

You guys just don't understand. He plays for a realistic simulation in which coaches don't run it with the ball and the lead and the opposing team out of timeouts.

[quote name='BigAT']You guys just don't understand. He plays for a realistic simulation in which coaches don't run it with the ball and the lead and the opposing team out of timeouts.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaa

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah Doomtime I meant Ace. I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything but this is exactly what happened last year after a game or so.

Oh well I'm ready for week 3. Also I don't think my first user game is until Week 4 against the TROJANS...gasp[/QUOTE]

No problem man. It happens.

But yeah I was talking to the guy for 5 minutes before the game and he seemed pretty cool. Now when I play I usually don't talk to my opponent so I played while in a party. After the game, left the party to tell him good game and he said "That's garbage. This definitely ain't the league for me. " Then he bounced.

Finally got my game in, which was a nice beating for Michigan as they couldn't stop my offense in the red zone.

Regian/neworlbush25 is the last game, so I'd appreciate if you guys could possibly try once more to see if you can connect and get your game in by tomorrow or I can just move along to the next week then.

Had a bachelor party last night, so I'm going to try and get this game in today, Frisky.

If we can't, what happens? Does it just get simmed or something?

[quote name='Regian']Had a bachelor party last night, so I'm going to try and get this game in today, Frisky.

If we can't, what happens? Does it just get simmed or something?[/QUOTE]

When can you get this in today lmk

[quote name='neworlbush25']When can you get this in today lmk[/QUOTE]

I ain't got shit to do today. I'll be on for most of the day.

It happened last year also with two league members. The had to go over to a friends house to finish it. Did you guys try to reset your routers?

It's a weird bug in their servers since it's happened a few times now for us between 09 and 10. XXXplosive and I couldn't get a game in for last year's dynasty and I didn't really have any issues with anyone else.

I'm updating and working on the recap now, so if you want to get your game in ASAP, it's open right now. Most everyone has a CPU game but four of us (me, XXXplosive, UMX, Panther1484).

Week 2 Recap:

This week settles down a bit with the top ten teams staying the same while some shuffling happened in the bottom fifteen spots. Losses by Oregon, TCU, and West Virginia allowed a general slide to happen to so that most everyone below them moved up a spot or two as they slipped to the bottom of the Top 25. West Virginia fell out of the rankings this week while Kansas returns after a recuperating win last week.

This week's Heisman Watch update has a small update, as Texas' Cody Johnson has appeared in the #5 spot after a good game against Arizona. His teammate, Colt McCoy, has the most impressive performance of the week for the group with over 500 yards passing and six total touchdowns as they destroyed Arizona last week.

That big performance also earned Colt McCoy National Offensive Player of the Week honors along with the SEC Offensive Player of the Week award by default and is the first SEC player to earn national honors. Earning the SEC Defensive Player of the Week award is a familiar face, as Georgia Tech's Derrick Wood has earned it for the second week in a row with seven tackles, two sacks, and a forced fumble in a big win over Vanderbilt.

A huge rematch of the National Championship game for the 2006 season between Florida and Ohio State, which will be Florida's first big test in their quest to stay the #1 team in the country. Other big ranked match-ups include Nebraska/Virginia Tech and Boise State/Utah that will affect the middle and bottom portions of the Top 25 for the rankings next week. Michigan State has the tough task of trying to take down USC this week in the other big SEC game this week. South Florida has a big rivalry game this week against UCF to determine who will get their first loss of the season.

Here is the full schedule for the week:
Oregon State at Georgia Tech (S3anAmI) Lee Kirk
Kirk Colorado at LSU (Doomtime) Lee
Kirk Michigan State (XXXplosive1) at USC (ShadyMarino) Lee
Lee Notre Dame (Regian) at Miami Kirk (hold off on this game since I might have a replacement to join)
Kirk Colorado State at Rutgers (BigAT4) Lee
Kirk Ohio State (FriskyTanuki) at Florida (Ultimate Matt X) Lee
Kirk Arkansas at Texas (Frankysox) Lee
Kirk UCF at South Florida (JustnCredible29) Lee
West Virginia at Iowa (neworlbush25) Lee Kirk

Frisky, let me know when you want to play. I've got a UFC fight to get in tonight and probably won't be on a lot early in the evening, but should be around after wrestling. I will also be available pretty much the rest of the week in the evening except maybe Thursday.

They really did do something to the Kirk AI for picking games. Seems like he picks even the biggest of underdogs constantly.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Frisky, let me know when you want to play. I've got a UFC fight to get in tonight and probably won't be on a lot early in the evening, but should be around after wrestling. I will also be available pretty much the rest of the week in the evening except maybe Thursday.[/QUOTE]
Are you going to be free to play tomorrow at about 9-9:30 or so? I should be able to get on by then.

Frisky, sorry I didn't see your post until just now. I was trying to check it earlier, but was having some computer problems. I'll be free tomorrow though if you are available then.

Frisky, I'm on now. I saw you were on XBL, but haven't got a response from my message yet. I'll be on for awhile, just message me if you see me in a game or something.

Frisky, good game. When it got close in the first half I was worried that declining that roughing the kicker was going to cost me. Those back to back interceptions really hurt. I can't do much about the tip I had, but the other one was bad. I need to learn to pick my spots better.

Ugh. Lag and Terrelle Pryor going down for the game killed me. I couldn't get into much of a groove outside of some good runs or catches that happened out of luck. I even had trouble with running into the kicker because he decided not jump and then had issues with a few kick returns because I misjudged where the ball would be. Though if the returner isn't near where the ball will land, it should be fair game to grab the ball.

Was the lag pretty bad the whole game for you? It was bad there in the second quarter for me, but after that it wasn't too bad. I thought lag may have been part of the issue with the kicker, that is why I declined it. Is Pryor supposed to be back for your next game?

Mostly for the first half, but it got a bit better in the second half. I think Pryor should be back for my next game, but I didn't really hear the injury report that well.

bread's done
Back