CAGcast #103: Download This!

About the daycare, I can kind of see where he's coming from. You're home all day, why would you put your kid in daycare? It kind of came off like you just don't feel like taking care of him, and just want to dump him off with someone else.

I have 4 kids, and they never been to daycare. Both my wife and I work, and I go to school as well.

[quote name='usickenme']Listening to him crinkling the package was freakin annoying.

Is it so hard to go an hour without eating?

I disagree with the nonsense about the Wii being only for non-gamers. It is simply not for hardcore gamers. There are plenty of regular games for the Wii. As someone who has a busy life -kids, career, other hobbies, I don't need 10 games a week. 1 solid release a month is plenty plus the a few mini-games for the nights when I only have a spare 30 minutes to play.

I would be nice if the two of you could appreciate consoles from perspectives beyond your own.[/QUOTE]

I would argue that the MAJORITY of men and women these days have full time jobs... its hard to "survive" in this world without two "bread bringers" in this society.

I do not see it as a bad thing, I see it as an equal opportunity for both sexes to have career satisfaction.

anyways...

my G/F and I recently got an xbox 360 (like we've had it 2 weeks recently) and so far i have completely enjoyed my DL content (I purchased 8 XBLA games... grip shift, TMNT arcade, Catan, Uno.. and some others) and I have throughly enjoyed them even more then the games I purchased (Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Oblivion, and Lost Planet) playing TMNT arcade with 3 other guys was probably one of the best experiences I've had on XBL since Burnout 3 races. Grip Shift is probably the best racing game on the system.. While I'm not good enough to enjoy the finer points of FPS, I did enjoy it once I got the hang of it.. I can only imagine how I'll feel when I get better.

BTW, I too don't have much time for games, but the Xbox 360 is a more "traditional" console experience.. my experience with the WiiMote was not a very good one.. and I just didn't like it..

Yeah Carcassonne is great--hopefully it will introduce some people to the world of obscure German boardgames...getting 5 people together to play games face to face is a fun way to spend an evening.

Cheapy, I'd like to point out a couple of things about Devil May Cry 4

- DMC4 has uncompressed audio and 5.1 support on the PS3. The 360 version...not so much.

Also, keeping your Blue light flashing on your Wii for so long will brick it. I suggest you turn it on, or else you'll have a $400 brick on your hands as it will overheat.

After turning it on, FINISH MARIO GALAXY! You say you'd sell the Wii, but you're not even giving the great games on the console a chance. That's a bit hypocritical of you. And yes, you can finish it by yourself. It's not just a two player game, despite what you may have been led to believe.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']About the daycare, I can kind of see where he's coming from. You're home all day, why would you put your kid in daycare? It kind of came off like you just don't feel like taking care of him, and just want to dump him off with someone else.

I have 4 kids, and they never been to daycare. Both my wife and I work, and I go to school as well.[/quote]

If you listened to the previous show, you'll remember that I said that we explored daycare options, and I felt guilty about putting the kid in daycare and was having my mother in law come 2 days a week instead.

[quote name='InuFaye']Honestly, have you played any major game on the ps3. They almost all require installs. Its 20 mins, make a sandwhich, watch tv, check cag, whatever,its not gonna kill you.

Jesus.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. People are acting like you have to install the game every time you want to play the game.

Guess people do whatever they can so they can bitch about something.
[quote name='kPod']There are some people (myself included) that want to play a game when they insert the disc, not when a console has told them that the install process is done. It was one of the differences between PCs and consoles; if I wanted to install, I'd have a PC on it's own.[/QUOTE]
After you install you will be able to just put it in and instead of waiting for it to load you'll be able to play.

Ahh the CAG Gamerdad discussion. Being home with a baby who is less than a year and a half is exhausting. When my wife had our first child, I remember she was glad to get back to work after having 2 months off being home with our daugher. Being home with a baby is VERY hard work. Your changing diapers, your reacting left and right to their needs. Also you cant sleep well at night because every 2 hours the kid awakens and it takes you a half an hour to an hour to get them back to sleep. My wife and I never had a so stressful period in our life than when our Daughter was a baby. Going to work while raising a baby gives you a chance for a few hours of peace and quiet to gather yourself. Like you cheapy I have grandparents who do the daycare except all week. Once our daughter was 2 we introduced a half a day daycare program to get our kid socialized. So anyways that dude that was complaining about day care, can get lost. Some people have 2 work to make ends meet, and cant afford to have one parent stay home. The mortgage payment needs two paychecks and not one. Its not the end of the world not to see your parents 24-7. Please dont feel guilty and keep up the good work on the website and the CAGcast

[quote name='MSUnman']Ahh the CAG Gamerdad discussion. Being home with a baby who is less than a year and a half is exhausting. When my wife had our first child, I remember she was glad to get back to work after having 2 months off being home with our daugher. Being home with a baby is VERY hard work. Your changing diapers, your reacting left and right to their needs. Also you cant sleep well at night because every 2 hours the kid awakens and it takes you a half an hour to an hour to get them back to sleep. My wife and I never had a so stressful period in our life than when our Daughter was a baby. Going to work while raising a baby gives you a chance for a few hours of peace and quiet to gather yourself. Like you cheapy I have grandparents who do the daycare except all week. Once our daughter was 2 we introduced a half a day daycare program to get our kid socialized. So anyways that dude that was complaining about day care, can get lost. Some people have 2 work to make ends meet, and cant afford to have one parent stay home. The mortgage payment needs two paychecks and not one. Its not the end of the world not to see your parents 24-7. Please dont feel guilty and keep up the good work on the website and the CAGcast[/quote]
Sound advice. Nothing is ever perfect but I know that if I am stressed out and overwhelmed it does affect how I interact with my kids. So I don't feel guilty about taking a little time for myself or taking the kids out all day so my wife can get some time to herself. It's hard when you don't have a lot of family around too, don't feel guilty Cheapy.

Awesome show, Cheapy and Wombat.

For Wombat, I have a special story about Mazda and their "wonderful" customer service (and anyone else that wants to read it).
I bought a 2007 Mazda 3 in March of 07. They didn't have the one I wanted on the lot, but they did have one at a nearby dealership, so we agreed I'd pick it up one week later. When I went to the dealership one week later, they told me they didn't have the car yet, that it might be getting sold that very day to somebody else. WTF. I paid for the car (in the form of making a down payment) a week ago and they were selling it from the other dealership? And nobody had bothered to call me?!

So I agree to come back the next day and they say they'll have it ready, with the extra stuff I asked them to install (I asked them to install a switch thing so I can use both the satellite radio and the auxiliary input jack). I show up the next day and find that the car is there, but they haven't done the work on it. Keep in mind this was a dealership about 50 miles one-way from where I live (it was closer to where my parents lived, my mom is a phenomenal haggler and I wanted her to come with me). Because it's such an inconvenience, they say I can bring it back anytime, they'll give me a free tank of gas, and they'll do the repair.

I come back a week later (having made an appointment) and drop off the car. They say it should take a couple of hours. About 7 hours after I drop off the car, I call to ask if it's done. They hang up on me. I call back, and they say yes, come pick it up, and insinunate I should've known that. When I get there, the first thing I notice is that they haven't actually installed the switch (or if they did, that it doesn't work). I go back inside the dealership (the service portion is closed by this time) and point this out to them. They ignore me. I ask for a manager. They ignore me. Finally, a snot nose little prick comes and asks if he can help me, after all, his name is on the side of the building (he is one of the sons of the owner, and as such is the VP of internet sales or something stupid, probably because he is so stupid he can't get a real job without daddy's coattails). He asks me what my problem is, I have a new car. I tell them that I'm sick and tired of being f'd over by their horrible dealership, that my entire experience has been a disaster, and I'd like some recompense. He then told me that if I ever f'n said that f'n word again they'd f'n call the f'n cops on me. Given the county I was in (PG County, Maryland, for those who know), I decide just to give up and pursue other options to get it fixed. It's then that I noticed that they didn't fill my gas tank, either.

So I called Mazda USA for help, and got ignored. Then I sent Mazda USA a letter and they sent me one back saying they were sorry, they have no control over independent businesses, it sucks to be me. Finally I took the car to a dealership closer to me, and they said that there was a recall on the radio, that it needed to be replaced to work. So I let them do that. And it still didn't work, a week later. So then they said that the part was installed incorrectly by the first dealership, and in order to not have to pay for the re-work, I'd have to take it back to the morons who did it wrong in the first place.

So I did, a month later, and FINALLY my car was fixed. That's when I got a "past due" notice for my old car, the one I traded in. It turns out that the chuckleheads at the dealership actually never sent in the payoff for my old car, so even though the old car was a Mazda and this one was a Mazda, financned through the same company, they didn't know it had changed ownership. I then had the fun of getting past-due statments off my credit report.

At the end of the day, this car is my 2nd personal Mazda (5th in my family) and the last anyone in my family will ever buy. Stupid shaq-fu Mazda. I wouldn't have much faith in either the company nor the creditor...

Nice hat, Cheapy!!! I wish I could knit that well, if I could, I'd ask for a "pattern" of how to make it. Now we need a video of you wearing the hat and trying to juggle the Pac-Man plushies. ;)

It's a shame I don't live in the NYC area (and am getting a tv delivered on Sunday--one that's bigger than Wombat's--52" and 1080p Sony Bravia), the Advance Wars event sounds like fun. Good luck hosting that!!!

And finally, once your room is done, Wombat, we want pixplskthx ;) It really sounds like it's going to be an ultimate dork haven.

/tk

CheapyD loves Xbox360. We all know this and when he speaks we know where his thoughts are coming from. So just turn on a filter when you hear his comments.

I am glad others in this thread corrected his false statements about Resistance and Blu-Ray discs. We need to move on people. It is his show and his website guess who will have the lasy say on the argument.

Wombat -On your suggestion I checked out Advance Wars-Days of Ruin. This game looks worst than my GBA Advance Wars. The graphics are so muddy and mushed. I have seen Ninja Gaiden DS and it looks good so I know its not the handheld fault.

Hype Wagon Bonus: Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword!! I do not even have a DS but I would buy one to play this game.

Just got to listen to the CAGCast after a LONG overnight download. Just to clarify about the "Donate to the Troops" thread and myself. Cheapy's initial thoughts were right, I am in the Navy with the Seabees but I am stationed with the Marines so it is easy to get confused between the two. Wombat, I really enjoy military shooters and a lot of other guys do too. I guess it could be considered practice! Never know when you need a refresher in case you missed your monthly rifle / pistol qualifications:)

Any donations would be more than appreciated and even if you do not contribute, stop by the thread and let the troops out here know there efforts are commended. Thank you to those who already donated and especially HotShotX for taking the initial leap of faith in donating and supporting this developing effort. Additionally, if you do send something out this way, please email or PM me so I know to keep an eye out.

I really was shocked to here the opening ad was from the Navy, I did not see it coming! (pun intended with regards to the 2nd Navy ad)

[quote name='sugarhigh4242']Sorry, Cheapy but you had some bad luck with the technical issues this week.

Quick one: 360 and PS3 peripherals are not cross compatible even though they have the same USB connection.

Longer one: DVD/Blu-ray discussion.

OK, lets do it:

#1: Blu-Ray is NOT slower than DVD. Without getting into the details, DVD is only faster than Blu-ray on the outer rim of the first layer. As you get deeper into a dual-layer DVD, the read speed drops considerably. Blu-Ray has a constant speed throughout. If you want more info, Criterion Games (makers of Burnout) discuss it in detail on their podcast:

http://www.criteriongames.com/podcast/audio/crashfm_15_080111.mp3

#2: Resistance was NOT duplicating data. This story broke back when the entire internet press was jumping on every possible negative story against the PS3. Some kid made a mistake in analyzing the disc, and all the blogs reported on it. Check out how many times Joystiq had to update after their embarrassing coverage:

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/26/resistance-17-75gb-of-garbage/

There was some padding because the disc contained every region/language, but not repeated content as you claimed.

The DMC4 install is about eliminating load times. Nothing more. If it weren't for the 360 Arcade/Core pack breaking standard HDD access, the 360 version would probably also have an install.

I wish you had just said "I got it wrong" without trying to justify your mistake with "facts" that weren't.

Anyway, love the show. Keep up the good work, but maybe just leave out the technical discussions in the future.[/QUOTE]

Constant Angular Velocity versus Constant Linear Velocity, there are dvd drives of both types. This doesn't mean that the raw data output of the blu-ray drive in the ps3 isn't actually slower in the end.

I don't mind installs but it would be nice if it was optional.

Wombat: At least try Motorstorm. It's good times--especially online (I think Cheapy sold his before the Japanese version had online play).

Let me start off by giving a big fuck you to the both of you. I'm fucking sick of your Microsoft fanboy shit. Why don't you shut the fuck up and sell your PS3s already. Let me sum up the show for you using your obviously extremely biased views of the systems. I'm gonna skip the obviously stupid things you said such as the comments you made for devil may cry 4.

30:11 - Onto new releases, all for the Wii.
30:40 - Let's just skip right to "On the DL".
(whoa that was quite the amount of research and effort you put into the show there)

This should've been an early sign that the show was going to be a bow down and take it in the ass from Xbox while asking for more and ignoring the other two systems, but let's skip ahead to when your bullshit takes off, one right after the other.

1:15:11 - Virtua Fighter 5 released downloadable content on the disc that came with the game, so you get to pay for marketing research (take that Microsoft dick a little bit deeper)

1:18:05 - 1:19:01 - The Microsoft lawsuit. You explained that the 360 online service was down over here for about a month or a little longer (actually you said two weeks, but here it went on for at least a month), three guys filed a lawsuit, because basically, let's say you pay $50 a year for XBL, that averages out to a little over $4 a month. Instead of giving everyone a free month like they should have they instead give you some fucking arcade game of THEIR choice. So, they take your four dollars and hand you a game you didn't ask for. How would you like it if you walked into Gamestop to return a game that you bought there that didn't work and instead of them giving you your money back or exchanging the game for another copy, they instead just pick another game off the shelf of equal value and hand it to you without your input or say as to what happens?

1:19:02 - 1:20:25 - (I'm quoting you here, but not every small thing you said, but the sentences are complete and the way you said them) "Now to me this is a crock of shit." "Now does it make alot of sense to clog up the American court system for $2?" "And now, since there's a lawsuit we don't get any updates on the status of XBL, because there's a lawsuit pending, so I want to say to these guys 'thanks for nothing'. Enjoy your $2" and "It's a bunch of crap. Nice job clogging up our justice system. You bastards, BASTARDS."

So hold on Microsoft fucks up. Three guys call them on their bullshit of "Thanks for your money for the service we didn't provide, have a token arcade game instead" and you have the fucking balls to be pissed off at the GUYS who are standing up for their right to get reimbursed for a service that wasn't provided to them that they paid for in advance? Stand and defend Microsoft even when they're wrong and I still think they should offer everyone a free month of XBL, because that's how much time they took away from everyone and just because some people aren't going to bow down to Microsoft like you choose to do, then that makes them bastards?

Then to top off your complete "It's just money, it's not important" then you tell a guy in order to try his own podcast under your umbrella, that it'll cost him $2000? Get real. Remember when Wombat was asking about getting paid and you done the math for how much money you made off the podcast? Well, why don't we be fair then. That guy should have to pay you half of whatever he makes off of his podcast using the cag name. So let's do the math together. Take what he'll make off that podcast. Divide it by two and the number equals.....wait for it......ZERO! Either way, I guess it is yours to do, but you shouldn't make any more comments on how money isn't important. But a word of advice to that guy. If you want to whore yourself out on CAG. Just hire Wombat for $20 a week and he'll dance away and promote your podcast or anything else you ask him to do as long as you dangle the carrot of "full time gaming job" in front of him. So, the key is to get Wombat on your side.

Other miscellaneous shit. Contest winners for the CAG theme song contest delayed again, "If there's an online aspect to the game I'll always get the 360 version." (and why not, it's not like XBL stays down alot), "Some of the PS3 wallpapers you have to pay for"

So, let's recap. PS3 has a way to eliminate load times, offers free wallpapers and themes, offers free online and doesn't have down times for the online and they suck ass. Microsoft fucks up shit worse than a surgeon with Parkinson's disease and you praise them and get pissed when people take action against them?

I await your response and if not addressed here or by the next cagcast, then I'm just going to quit listening to the show and I have another friend that listens that's probably done with the CAGcast as well, because of the Microsoft nuthugging that you do. I guess it's all in the power of sending you a free game.

[quote name='yukine']You need to chill out Sideshow, you take what Wombat and Cheapy say a little too seriously.[/quote]

I've sat back through a lot of episodes and ignored the fanboy shit. They either need to cover the Wii and PS3 equally or not at all. The 360 breaks down, Microsoft is great, the online server crashes, Microsoft is great. At what fucking point is Microsoft ever going to be in the wrong here. Bill Gates would have to eat their wives' hearts in front of them for them to consider Microsoft to have been wrong about something. When is this shit gonna end? God damn it I want to hear them bash Microsoft once. They're scared that they'll lose that free game a month from them. When Microsoft fucks up. They should take REAl responsibility for it. Instead they have bards like CheapyD and Wombat to praise what a great job their doing. How many 360s have they bought between them, now? Bash fucking Microsoft already damn it. If Microsoft fucks up, give them the same treatment you give the other two systems when they don't fuck up. They'd have more positive shit to say about the 360 if it raped babies then they would about the PS3 if it cured cancer.

Sideshow, are you actually even listening to the show or are you just listening to the voices in your head? Did you hear us (on the last show) pick the broken Xbox 360s being the biggest news story of 2007? Did you hear that we called the 360 DLC on Virtua Fighter 5 an "actual ripoff", "bs" and "brutal"?

Somehow, you didn't pick up that we were joking when discussing the kid who wanted to have a CAG podcast. You really thought I was going to give the kid a show if he sent me $2k? I also said that wombat was going to paddle him while dressed in a wombat costume. Its called a joke. Lighten up.

I always give full disclosure on any games that I discuss on the show that I've received for free. I believe the last free game (other than the odd XBLA game) I've receieved from Microsoft was not only in July 2007, it was Vampire Rain. I didn't even talk about the game on the air (since its still in the shrink wrap), but I did call the demo "terrible" and "awful" during a CAGbag question in which someone asked what my least favorite demo was.

I don't give a shit if I receive free games or not. I can afford to buy any gaming item I wish.

In conclusion, I'd recommend not listening...to anything...ever.
Also, I don't want you listening to the CAGcast anymore, clearly you can't handle it. After reading your posts, I'm embarrassed to have you as a listener.
For your sake, I wish there was a way I could ban you from listening.

Note: If we have a live show again, I'll make an exception beacuse I would love to have you call in. There's nothing quite as entertaining as delusional fanboy.

[quote name='sugarhigh4242']#2: Resistance was NOT duplicating data. This story broke back when the entire internet press was jumping on every possible negative story against the PS3. Some kid made a mistake in analyzing the disc, and all the blogs reported on it. Check out how many times Joystiq had to update after their embarrassing coverage:

There was some padding because the disc contained every region/language, but not repeated content as you claimed.[/quote]

I think you're confusing this with something else. The story you linked to on Joystiq is widely acknowledged to be false (random padding to make the game look bigger), but the thing Cheapy was talking about is something I remember hearing at either D.I.C.E. or GDC last year - where some assets are duplicated throughout the disk to cut down on seek times. (A perfectly sound tactic when you've got plenty of spare room on the disk.)

[quote name='sugarhigh4242']
#1: Blu-Ray is NOT slower than DVD. Without getting into the details, DVD is only faster than Blu-ray on the outer rim of the first layer. As you get deeper into a dual-layer DVD, the read speed drops considerably. Blu-Ray has a constant speed throughout. If you want more info, Criterion Games (makers of Burnout) discuss it in detail on their podcast[/quote]

Right, but the point is that you have that faster area available to you for things that will benefit from increased read speeds. As a developer that allows you to prioritise things that need to be loaded quickly, and that's why PS3 games generally take longer to load.

Indeed Slideshow, it seems that while wearing some really warped lens of fanboyism, as you've completely taken Cheapy and Wombat's statements completely out of context and attached non-existent meanings to segments of the show. It seems that you are less interested in making a cohesive argument or giving constructive criticism than you are in firing off personal insults and displaying your blatant paranoia towards any statement related to Microsoft and Sony. An example, you criticize the foreplay segment for, as you say, only mentioning the Wii games and then moving on to the DL segment. Yet please enlighten us all, what game was released this week (Mentioned in the Shipwrecks' CAG Foreplay topic) that you feel should have been mentioned in the CAGCast? Looking at the Shipwrecks' topic, very little of any special note was released this week, as most of the releases were shovelware, ports, and re-releases. Nitrobike was developed by the Excitebike 64 team, which certainly warrants it a mention.

As for the XBox Live lawsuit, I concur with the argument presented by Tim of CAD in his January 7th newspost.
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/news.php?i=1540
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080107

[quote name='sugarhigh4242']#2: Resistance was NOT duplicating data. This story broke back when the entire internet press was jumping on every possible negative story against the PS3. Some kid made a mistake in analyzing the disc, and all the blogs reported on it. Check out how many times Joystiq had to update after their embarrassing coverage:

[/quote] Oh, maybe it was Oblivion that I was thinking of. To quote Optimus Prime, "my bad".
PS3 Oblivion Seeing Double To Counteract Blu-Ray
[quote name='EGM']...Todd Howard, talking about the PlayStation 3 version of Oblivion. Howard notes: "Drive speed matters more to me [than capacity], and Blu-ray is slower", with EGM revealing that "the PS3 Oblivion team compensated for the slower drive by duplicating data across the Blu-ray disc, making it faster to find and load."
[/quote]

[quote name='CheapyD']...In conclusion, I'd recommend not listening...to anything...ever.
Also, I don't want you listening to the CAGcast anymore, clearly you can't handle it...
[/QUOTE]
I second that.

Regarding DMC4, James Mielke of 1UP.com, who has actually played DMC4, says both versions are roughly equal, including load times (Milkman.1up.com). So just buy the version you want, apparently they're both good.

actually, you know that kid who PMed you about making a podcast? CAG aftermath/aftershock would be a great name for the live highlights show you were planning to have every week,if your still thinking about it. I personally dont care: I cant listen to it thanks to the shit that is time zones.

Oh, and Sideshow, Cheapy is completely right. If you cant take the ''shit'' that apperently only you can hear, then stop listening. Nobody is forcing you to listen to it

[quote name='CheapyD']Sideshow, are you actually even listening to the show or are you just listening to the voices in your head? Did you hear us (on the last show) pick the broken Xbox 360s being the biggest news story of 2007? Did you hear that we called the 360 DLC on Virtua Fighter 5 an "actual ripoff", "bs" and "brutal"?

Somehow, you didn't pick up that we were joking when discussing the kid who wanted to have a CAG podcast. You really thought I was going to give the kid a show if he sent me $2k? I also said that wombat was going to paddle him while dressed in a wombat costume. Its called a joke. Lighten up.

I always give full disclosure on any games that I discuss on the show that I've received for free. I believe the last free game (other than the odd XBLA game) I've receieved from Microsoft was not only in July 2007, it was Vampire Rain. I didn't even talk about the game on the air (since its still in the shrink wrap), but I did call the demo "terrible" and "awful" during a CAGbag question in which someone asked what my least favorite demo was.

I don't give a shit if I receive free games or not. I can afford to buy any gaming item I wish.

In conclusion, I'd recommend not listening...to anything...ever.
Also, I don't want you listening to the CAGcast anymore, clearly you can't handle it. After reading your posts, I'm embarrassed to have you as a listener.
For your sake, I wish there was a way I could ban you from listening.

Note: If we have a live show again, I'll make an exception beacuse I would love to have you call in. There's nothing quite as entertaining as delusional fanboy.[/quote]

You know what. On a live show, I'd love to call in, but I have a real job that requires me to get up and go to work at the time of the recordings. My question for you is. Why don't you give the Wii and PS3 the same coverage that you give the 360. You can talk about some 6 month old game on the 360 all the while not even mentioning the Smash Bros pushback to March? You go out of your way to see to it that no actually news or coverage is done on any system, but the 360.

Also, I want to know how you justify saying the 360 lawsuit is bullshit. Are you telling me that biggest corporation in the world can't afford to provide people with the one month of lost service that it didn't provide, because the people who practically invented the server was too cheap to put together a server that could handle their own traffic?

And for everyone else jumping on Cheapy's side. You can get pissed at me all you want. I want equal coverage of the systems. It's one thing if there's no new news to talk about, but it's a completely other thing when you just choose not to talk about other next gen system news when it happens.

And finally to Cheapy, this is YOUR site. You don't want me here. You can ban me. Since this is VB and I've been a moderator on many VB sites, let me help you out. Click "Administrative Tools", Search my name, mark it, click ban.

Apparently Devil May Cry 4 is a better game than Ninja Gaiden 2 according to 1up. The loading times from everywhere (besides Mielke on 1up) says the PS3's load times are better. Also, the PS3/360 versions both have achievements/leaderboards, etc. The PS3 version has better audio capabilities.

Seriously Cheapy, just play Super Mario Galaxy. Why do you feel you have to get something out of playing a game? Games are about fun, not about getting anything more than that.

And onto what Sideshow said (although in a calmer, more pleasing tone). A lot of the time it does feel like you and Wombat are sucking up to Microsoft. The whole lawsuit thing is about money, yeah, I think we can all agree on that. But Microsoft had it coming. They didn't anticipate a MILLION PEOPLE!? A MILLION! That's negligence. And keeping their service crippled for a month isn't helping their cause.

Cheapy, if you're willing to give ANY FPS a chance, why not give Unreal Tournament 3 a chance? Sure, it's not the overhyped GOTY Gears of War was, but it's still a fun game, especially with the mods.

[quote name='KingBroly']Apparently Devil May Cry 4 is a better game than Ninja Gaiden 2 according to 1up.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so Ninja Gaiden 2 is indeed better than DMC4, just as NG1 is better than DMC3.

Oh, and I love how Cheapy thinks DMC hasn't evolved, especially when DMC3 is about 10000x better than the first two and a much deeper game.

Hey CheapyD and Wombat!
I’m aiming for the headphones contest now (although the HDTV and Old Spice is the contest I REALLY want, and if I won that one than I would love you both forever) With my headphones I would listen to the CAGcast, and CAG foreplay, and anything else related to the CAG lifestyle.
Oh and since this is the UGO movie blog I should probably talk about movies too. Cloverfield looks good, and I’d love to watch it on my shiny new HDTV while rubbing myself with Old Spice sticks that I’ll hopefully win from CheapyD and Wombat.

(Pasted from movieblog.ugo.com Posted by Adam on 01/19 at 01:28 PM)

I /swore/ I heard him mention Smash Bros being pushed back. Either that or the Shipwrecks did, and quite frankly, that's good enough.

Foreplay deals with New Releases. CAGcast deals with gaming news, as well as editorial-esque opinions.

Sideshow, either like it, or stop listening. Hell, you could always listen to the IGN podcast. Listen to them bash other people because they speak their mind. OHNOWAIT, sounds like your long lost sibling.

VINCENT, I'M YOUR BROTHER!

[quote name='InuFaye']Its not like you cant delete it once you finish the game.
Also, its 12.5%. You still have 87.5% LEFT!

You arent gonna use all that space.
Find something else to bitch about for fucks sake.[/QUOTE]
And if you have a 20GB (which actually only allows you ~13GB of space for personal use), it's 38.5% of your entire drive!

[quote name='InuFaye']Honestly, have you played any major game on the ps3. They almost all require installs. Its 20 mins, make a sandwhich, watch tv, check cag, whatever,its not gonna kill you.

Jesus.[/QUOTE]
And like you mention, almost every major PS3 game requires an install. Those GBs add up. If you want to frequent more than 2 games (that require 5GB installs)on a 20GB PS3, you're fucked. All because the PS3's Blu-Ray drive reads slow. That is the point.

Try thinking outside your box for once.

Hey Wombat, Use that room as a Star Wars room now that you're married. I have a large collection of Star Wars figures, but they are packed away because I am still single and nothing scares chicks away like a room full of Star Wars toys.

[quote name='CheapyD']Sideshow, are you actually even listening to the show or are you just listening to the voices in your head? .[/QUOTE]

While not as bad as sideshow claims, any objective listener knows you usually skew very pro-MS. ( as do most CAGs- thus the Cheapy Defense forece) A few little complaints doesn't change that. I fine with you liking the 360 more but I could do without the digs to the other consoles that don't pertain to the topic.

[quote name='Sideshow']You can talk about some 6 month old game on the 360 all the while not even mentioning the Smash Bros pushback to March? You go out of your way to see to it that no actually news or coverage is done on any system, but the 360.

Also, I want to know how you justify saying the 360 lawsuit is bullshit. Are you telling me that biggest corporation in the world can't afford to provide people with the one month of lost service that it didn't provide, because the people who practically invented the server was too cheap to put together a server that could handle their own traffic?

And for everyone else jumping on Cheapy's side. You can get pissed at me all you want. I want equal coverage of the systems. It's one thing if there's no new news to talk about, but it's a completely other thing when you just choose not to talk about other next gen system news when it happens..[/quote]

We talked about the Smash Bros pushback to March last week. How often should I be mentioning it? FYI, in this week's console sections, we spent 14 minutes discussing Nintendo news, 10 minutes discussing Sony news, and 15 minutes discussing Microsoft news.

If you think a multi-million dollar lawsuit over less than $4 isn't a waste of the American legal system, then I guess that's your opinion. Personally, (in Japan) I experienced only one day of Xbox Live being down. I heard that the PS3 COD4 servers went down at some point. Should Activision refund part of the game purchase price to those who couldn't play online during that time? How do you quantify a dollar value on something like that? Maybe a better move for Microsoft would have been to be to extend everyone's XBL subscription by one month. Perhaps they don't have a system in place to do that. Perhaps they don't want to set this kind of precident. On last week's show we mocked Microsoft for consistantly failing to get stuff like this right? Listen to the 1hr 30 minute mark...actually don't.

On my show, I give my opinion. Some people will agree with me some will not. This is how talk radio (even fake internet radio) works. I'm assuming that those who do not agree with my opinions at least find the show entertaining in some capacity, otherwise I do not know why they would continue listening.

[quote name='usickenme']While not as bad as sideshow claims, any objective listener knows you usually skew very pro-MS.[/QUOTE]
You have an odd definition of "objective". What Sideshow is advocating is some twisted form of affirmative action.

Cheapy and Wombat call it like they see it. They talk about what they like. If going out of their way to make sure they mention exactly the same amount of Nintendo and Sony news as they do Microsoft news seems more "objective" to you, then you have one fucked up sense of objectivity.

Do you honestly think Wombat didn't want to love his Wii? Wombat was excited up the wazzoo about the Wii. But he's willing to admit he hasn't turned it on in weeks precisely because of his objectivity. He can like and hate whatever he wants because he's not bound by some fanboy screaming demanding he like everything equally regardless of quality.

I will admit, CheapyD and Wombat are suprisingly unabashedly pro-360 in a way that no real game journalists could ever get away with. But that's not for a LACK of Objectivity; if it's a problem, it stems from quite the opposite issue, in fact.

[quote name='usickenme']While not as bad as sideshow claims, any objective listener knows you usually skew very pro-MS. ( as do most CAGs- thus the Cheapy Defense forece) A few little complaints doesn't change that. I fine with you liking the 360 more but I could do without the digs to the other consoles that don't pertain to the topic.[/quote]

Nominating you as a CAG villan for D-baggery.

[quote name='KingBroly']
Seriously Cheapy, just play Super Mario Galaxy. Why do you feel you have to get something out of playing a game? Games are about fun, not about getting anything more than that.

And onto what Sideshow said (although in a calmer, more pleasing tone). A lot of the time it does feel like you and Wombat are sucking up to Microsoft. The whole lawsuit thing is about money, yeah, I think we can all agree on that. But Microsoft had it coming. They didn't anticipate a MILLION PEOPLE!? A MILLION! [/quote]
I think the thing Cheapy is hoping to get out of mario galaxy is fun. or some enticement to keep playing. Obviously I cant speak for him, but I had a rough time getting either out of galaxy.
I think Cheapy and wombat mentioned that it was rediculous that ms could anticipate a million people on the last episode. They were just mentioning that with this lawsuit we cant get updates on live now, which sucks. also this is totally people just trying to get money.

Also Cheapy dont listen to these haters. Another great episode of the CAGcast. keep em coming. CAGcast is now easily my favorite podcast. see ya next week.

After you install you will be able to just put it in and instead of waiting for it to load you'll be able to play.
Yeah, I'm sure that's just what people want - half their hard drive being taken up by the 4 or 5 games they have in their current rotation.

This thread has multiple examples of people being so wrapped up in internet "EVERYONE IS A FANBOY" mentality that they just can't accept that someone can enjoy something while still maintaining objectivity. Because someone usually gets more use out of their 360 than (insert console here), they are "pro-Microsoft." The games industry doesn't need motherfucking affirmative action to please every clown out there. Can you kids go play in the yard for a while and let the adults have a discussion?

Thats right......I'm the guy cheapy made an ass of on the CAGcast (not to mention wombat, Alexander, the guy with the podcast question in the CAGbag who was made fun of due to my questions, in fact, see the hate mail I just sent:

"
if you read my subject, I am pretty damn pissed. First of all, I did not submit the letter to the CAGbag so it should not have been read on the air.....two, name should have been withheld at least. three, I did not expect the "podcasting job" or affiliation. I meant that I was hoping to plan ahead with asking a simple question (er multiple), next, ritualesque means any sort of agenda I would have to follow in the making, not any fag thing with a paddle. if you want to read any more of my fucking pms on the air ask me first and if you have questions about somthing that doesnt sound right ask me first ok?

Cancelling his CAGcast subscription,

Alexander

PS DO NOT READ THIS ON THE AIR like the last ONe!"

In fact, I could not cancel my CAGcast at first because regardless of cheapy wombat was a pretty cool guy. I made a new aim account the same day I listened to the CAGcast and I moved my buddy list over. Guess what? Wombat blocked me in my older accounts! and y'no what, in case you didnt know the sn is....damn it wouldnt be right of me unless he already put it on his profile. and yes I now realize that the paddle thing was a referance to animal house, thanks to wombat. I bet they are gonna mention me again just for kicks, but just to make sure after the next CAGcast Im fropping it from Itunes, besides, I prefer player one podcast and Nintendo World Report more anyways...I hope it makes him feel better that hes making fun of somebody whos 13 friggin years old. I WILL however remain a member of this forum (not that any oof you guys care), because even though Its run by a man who I am very pissed off at (but not hate suprisingly), this site kicks ass........which is why I still gotta respect the man.

I like being called not a real gamer because out of the three newer consoles I just have a Wii. Thanks guys.

I was going to come at you with raging epiphets, but then I saw that crazy dude's post. Put my generic rage in perspective.

More generic rage: So you're disapointed with Phoenix Wright not being the main character of the new Ace Attorney game, but you get on Nintendo's ass everytime a game with one of their characters comes out? What's the deal?

Pretty good show though, keep up the good work.

I want oreos now.

Edit: Wow! Two of them now!

I never saw the Hitman movie, but I heard it was awful. Even watching the trailer. I don’t think the Hitman world is meant to see that much action. Just get in, get the kill, get out. I think the director just took it way off base.
I really wanna see how this new movie, The Perfect Getaway, turns out, and what character Timothy Olyphant plays. I may not have liked the Hitman movie, but I did like main character.

[quote name='PyroGamer']You have an odd definition of "objective". What Sideshow is advocating is some twisted form of affirmative action.

Cheapy and Wombat call it like they see it. They talk about what they like. If going out of their way to make sure they mention exactly the same amount of Nintendo and Sony news as they do Microsoft news seems more "objective" to you, then you have one fucked up sense of objectivity.[/QUOTE]

Actually, "calling it like the see it" is the opposite of objective. It is subjective. As in "The Wii sucks because I haven't turned it on in a month" completely disregarding the millions who have turned on a Wii and actually had fun (not that either claimed as such it is just an example.) The funny thing is both Cheapy and Wombat wear their subjectivity on their sleeve. But simply because they aren't fanboyish toward one console doesn't mean they are objective, they are just biased in a different way. Which all is perfectly okay and makes the show mostly fun to listen to.

[quote name='PyroGamer']
I will admit, CheapyD and Wombat are suprisingly unabashedly pro-360 in a way that no real game journalists could ever get away with.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever listened to IGN's platform specific podcasts? It is pretty much the same when it comes to talking about games.
Still you are agreeing with my main point Again, that is fine they are pro-360. If they like it best that's cool. What is not cool is the pointless digs at other consoles to get a chuckle out of the 360 loving crowd at CAG. I'm not the first one to notice it, either. That's said, I still heartily recommend the show to all my game loving friends and give it a shout-out on my own podcast (non-gaming related)

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Nominating you as a CAG villan for D-baggery.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty sad when stating a minor gripe about the show causes this type of reaction. You guys are unbelievable.

p.s. you probably have to wait until next year, I committed the "sin" in '08.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I will admit, CheapyD and Wombat are suprisingly unabashedly pro-360 in a way that no real game journalists could ever get away with.[/quote]

I guess the "real game journalists" are getting away with it.
Maybe my opnion that the 360 has most good games shouldn't be so suprising after all.

:360:http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/
11 games rated "90" or higher
83 games rated "80" or higher

:ps3:http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/
3 games rated "90" or higher
41 games rated "80" or higher

:wii:http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/
4 games rated "90" or higher
13 games rated "80" or higher

I think too many of you are taking Cheapy & Wombat's opinions as fact. I could give two fucks if Cheapy thinks Smash Bros (for example) looks unappealing, I know I'll enjoy it.

I do tune into the show to listen to their opinions, but I'm not going to go ape shit whether either of them are approving/disapproving of a certain game. Opinions will always differ once in a while, it doesn't make anyone a fanboy.

The show was pretty good, but I think that it needs a new title....

howabout "There's a new Vagina Clown in Town!"

Cheapy I know its just your opinion but calling the Microsoft Lawsuit frivolous is not right, if you pay for something you want the service. This guy definitely has the right to enact a lawsuit on MS. There also needs to be a class action lawsuit for all the 360s that were defective [RROD]. When a company puts out faulty hardware and services they need to be called out on it. Did you even listen to CAG Foreplay... look at the problems Mr. and Mrs. Shipwreck are having... damn Mrs Shipwreck just wants to play some DAMN Puzzle Quest..and yet MS is fuckin that up too. MS has been wheeling and dealing bad business all across the board people should sue them, that's their right as Americans. To me the fact that you're so pro MS...makes you their new Vagina Clown.

oh yeah, cheapy D - Resistance didn't duplicate data on their disc, Bethesda Game Studios came up with that idea while they were creating Oblivion for the PS3. Before Oblivion there was never any talk about duplication of data on PS3 games... so please get your facts straight!

Cheapy D - stop talking trash about Motorstorm, its a great game. Since you last played it... last year sometime.. Evolution Studios found time since to add Time Trials, Eliminator mode(online/offline), several new tracks, mirrored tracks, and vehicles. NOt just vehicle skins, but new vehicle types that take effort to learn with the game's precise physics. The only reason why you still talk about this game, is due to the fact that after almost a year, its still in the news because its still being supported with new DLC.. and I think that's a good thing.

bread's done
Back