CAGWF: WWE 2K16 League - pWo 4 LIFE! Join Us for Sunday Brunch!

I have toyed with the idea (posted about it here) for creating a league, so I would qualify for that stable lol. Foltest, is your name by any chance Matt? I guess 2 out of 3 Matts is enough.

Nate, if we don't keep track of records, will we even have championships? Rumor has it that Gail Pennyfeather has a strong desire to be a dual sport superstar- like Mo Lawal, but more successful- and become the first man to simultaneously be world heavyweight champion of the CAGWF and the CAGFC. ;-)

EDIT: You're right on the mic requirement. Glad you encourage use when possible. It'll be nice to talk to you guys as we beat the shit out of each other.

No, we'll definitely have championships. But like I said, the idea would be to allow this thread to generate heat and figure out who should/wants to face each other. The idea was brought up of doing a tournament (or even a Royal Rumble) to determine the first CAGWF Champion. After that, there's a lot of ways we could go. We could have the champion call out who he wants to wrestle, have someone challenge the champion, etc.

And if things ever feel like they're getting lopsided, there could always be a special referee or handicap match to balance things out. With all the different match options available to us in this game, I'm just trying to determine if keeping a rigid win-loss record is actually necessary. Does anybody know what John Cena's record is? haha

Also, surprisingly, this CAG Arena is really starting to come together. I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it "nice" yet...but I'm surprising myself with how much I've been able to do.

[quote name='Matt Young']I have toyed with the idea (posted about it here) for creating a league, so I would qualify for that stable lol. Foltest, is your name by any chance Matt? I guess 2 out of 3 Matts is enough.

EDIT: You're right on the mic requirement. Glad you encourage use when possible. It'll be nice to talk to you guys as we beat the shit out of each other.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, my name isn't Matt, would be funny if it was and the idea of using a mic is an awesome one. I find it could make a match more epic and fun, it did when I played online with friends.

My art skills don't carry over to the digital realm, but I am sure you'll do a fine job of designing that stuff. And wins and losses can really matter, like if a champ gets pinned in a non title match, the guy who pinned him gets a rematch with the belt on the line. If a champion gets DQ'ed in order to keep his title, he could be forced to defend the title again in a no DQ match. Plus, I am a stat geek.

One more thing before I go: I think the championship scramble match would be a great way to determine a world champ. Maybe have 5 matches (there are 5 wrestlers in that match type) where each winner qualifies for the title match. It goes 20 minutes, with the last person to register a pinfall or submission becomes the champ. Elimination Chamber (6 wrestlers) would be good, too, but the 4 guys who start the match in the pods have to wait to get into the action.

All right, guys. My first draft of the CAG Arena has been uploaded. Like I said, it's not amazing, but I did my best. I also made a little video clip of it, because I thought you could upload them to Youtube, but apparently that's only in the PS3 version of the game. Oh well. Just search for CAG and you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

Thanks, Nate. I'll download it later today. Guys, make sure you rate the content when you download it. Nate gets an achievement if the content is rated 5 times.

Not to take away from Nates arena (Much Credit to your arena Nate), but I took nates Creation and tweaked it a little bit. Im thinking Smackdown 06 stage.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Not to take away from Nates arena (Much Credit to your arena Nate), but I took nates Creation and tweaked it a little bit. Im thinking Smackdown 06 stage.[/QUOTE]

Is that all you changed was the stage to Smackdown 06? As in this one?

SD_Fist_Era_001.jpg

Does everybody like that one better? I'm open to suggestions and/or changing some things. Changing the stage requires you to replace all the logos, but I'm up for whatever looks best. I just didn't want to make the arena re-uploadable because those logos took a long ass time to make, haha.

Yup, changed the background Titan tron to green ish color one. I like the fist because it reminds me of the CAG fist. I made it green as well, but tan could work as well. Alao changed the lightning to green and orange and changed the thing that shows the name as well.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yup, changed the background Titan tron to green ish color one. I like the fist because it reminds me of the CAG fist. I made it green as well, but tan could work as well. Alao changed the lightning to green and orange and changed the thing that shows the name as well.[/QUOTE]

Oohh...good point about the fist. It does look exactly like Cheapy's holding the Twitter logo at the top of the page. And when you make it green, it looks like the Hulk too, lol ("Wait, Dale got Hulk hands???"). Besides, who doesn't enjoy a good fisting...wait, I mean...no...? :booty::whistle2:$

I assume when you changed the stage set up, it removed all the logos, right? I still like the idea of having CheapAssGamer scrolling on the mini-tron, but with this new stage, I actually think the brick wall pattern looks pretty cool in relation to the fist busting through. I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with a more CAG-centric design. Good ideas though, Gary!

hey guyes i think im going to buy the game tomorrow havent played in years but this seems like fun. i will start on my Caw tomorrow night if i have the time. once i do that i will post the required info needed for him...

how exactly do the matches work or the events do u get added to some sort of group?

also if i buy the game used will i have to pay for a code to play online with it like u do madden if u buy a used game?

[quote name='DVO21']hey guyes i think im going to buy the game tomorrow havent played in years but this seems like fun. i will start on my Caw tomorrow night if i have the time. once i do that i will post the required info needed for him...

how exactly do the matches work or the events do u get added to some sort of group?

also if i buy the game used will i have to pay for a code to play online with it like u do madden if u buy a used game?[/QUOTE]

Um, the game is no longer for sale. All copies were burned.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Um, the game is no longer for sale. All copies were burned.[/QUOTE]

so helpful thanks

[quote name='DVO21']hey guyes i think im going to buy the game tomorrow havent played in years but this seems like fun. i will start on my Caw tomorrow night if i have the time. once i do that i will post the required info needed for him...

also if i buy the game used will i have to pay for a code to play online with it like u do madden if u buy a used game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the game does have an online pass...but you might be able to get one for cheap either in the CAG trading forum or even on eBay. We haven't started any matches yet. Nobody has even posted a CAW yet. We're really just starting at ground zero here. I'm sure things will start picking up by this weekend though.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Um, the game is no longer for sale. All copies were burned.[/QUOTE]

LOL...while this isn't EXACTLY true, the game is way more expensive now since THQ went under. I got it from Gamestop for $22 back in January...and now I think it trades in for at least $20.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yes, the game does have an online pass...but you might be able to get one for cheap either in the CAG trading forum or even on eBay. We haven't started any matches yet. Nobody has even posted a CAW yet. We're really just starting at ground zero here. I'm sure things will start picking up by this weekend though.

LOL...while this isn't EXACTLY true, the game is way more expensive now since THQ went under. I got it from Gamestop for $22 back in January...and now I think it trades in for at least $20.[/QUOTE]

ok thanks for the info ya i noticed when i looked on gamestop's website it was still very up there in price new or used only a 5 dollar difference

[quote name='Superstar']The arena looks awesome! I love the CAG logo on the apron.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm definitely reworking it a bit. The crappy thing about the logos is if you use high quality ones, you can only use 2 different ones in the entire arena. I'm also working on putting the CAGWF logo in the game...and I'd like to incorporate that as well, but to do so, I'll have to switch to lower-res logos. Just such limited design options in the game.

[quote name='Matt Young']2K Sports has already re-released the game with their logo on the box.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_69499.shtml[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know they could do that. I thought they just bought the license and future rights for WWE games. I didn't know they could republish someone else's work.

I wonder why EA didn't do that with UFC 3. /sarcasm

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, I didn't know they could do that. I thought they just bought the license and future rights for WWE games. I didn't know they could republish someone else's work.

I wonder why EA didn't do that with UFC 3. /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

It's not someone elses work. 2K owns Yukes now.

[quote name='SEH']It's not someone elses work. 2K owns Yukes now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't realize that. I know a lot of people had been hoping that 2K would go away from Yukes for future games (some were even pleading for AKI again)...but I guess that aint happening now, haha.

Has anyone tried to play this online? When I click on XBox Live in the main menu I immediately get an error about not being able to connect.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Has anyone tried to play this online? When I click on XBox Live in the main menu I immediately get an error about not being able to connect.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we just played online this past weekend...and I was in the Xbox Live menu yesterday. You must have caught the servers as a bad time. Considering how much trouble the servers were having a couple months ago, I always used this to make sure it wasn't just me. I'm assuming this will still be accurate as long as the servers are up.

http://wwe.thq.com/status

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, we just played online this past weekend...and I was in the Xbox Live menu yesterday. You must have caught the servers as a bad time. Considering how much trouble the servers were having a couple months ago, I always used this to make sure it wasn't just me. I'm assuming this will still be accurate as long as the servers are up.

http://wwe.thq.com/status[/QUOTE]

Last updated Nov. 5, 2012

[quote name='MSUHitman']Last updated Nov. 5, 2012[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that's not just for the little memo part at the bottom? I'm pretty sure I've seen the server statuses change since I got the game in January. Either way, I've been online in the game today, so if you're still having issues, you might want to check your NAT settings.

Nate, that spoiler pic reminds me of the Bravado Brothers, a tag team that wears sweater vests and cuts promos about how much their grandma loves them.

All right, the GREATLY IMPROVED, new redesigned CAG Arena has now been uploaded. Seriously, just delete that old piece of shit and download this one. I decided to take the time to do legit pixel art for this one, and integrated some of Vulcan's suggestions as well, and man...what a freaking difference, haha. I appreciate the kind words said about the other one, but I have to slob my own knob a little bit on this one. It is outstanding, lol. :cool:

I deleted the other one, so just search for CAG, and it should be easy to find.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI this is $30 at Target through close of business on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Why did you post this. So tempting for some fun summer gaming.

Well, I'll get the ball rolling.

Name: Dale Doback
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235lbs
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA (by way of the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer)

Dale Doback grew up in a house of learned doctors. A gifted drummer and a marketing genius, Dale had to learn to defend himself after being picked on by some neighborhood kids. A bit of an extremist, he has been known to turn to weapons when necessary, including baseball bats, drumsticks, or bicycles.

He also possesses a fondness for knocking people out of treehouses with one punch and then having sex with their wives. He also loves Velociraptors, Good Housekeeping magazine, and John Stamos. Doback looks to fuck shit up in the CAGWF with his step-brother Brennan. Backed by the duo's international entertainment company, Prestige Worldwide, they look to become the greatest at everything ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll ad mine!

Name: Brennan Huff
Height: 6'2
Weight: 235
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Brennan Huff rememebers his first beer and also eating white dog crap.He also use to smoke pot with Johnny Hopkins and Sloan Kettering. However, he is now co owner of Prestige Worldwide and touring around the states with his step brother Dale DoBack via helicopter singing the famous "Boats and Hoes". He has taken time off to compete in CAGWF with his brother to tear shit up in the tag team division. If you dare to get in his face, he will drop the motherfucker. If need be, he will fill a pillowcase up with bars of soap and beat the opponent.

havent had the chance to buy the game during the week buying it tomorrow though and will get started right away

when downloading the arena do i go under community creations and search cag and it should pop up correct becuz thats what im doing but it shows nothing

NVM the servers are just that slow it takes for ever for it to come up

[quote name='DVO21']when downloading the arena do i go under community creations and search cag and it should pop up correct becuz thats what im doing but it shows nothing[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Community Creations -> Download, "press X to search", then maybe try changing the download type to "custom arenas". It should come up either way, but maybe that'll make it easier on the server. The Community Creations server has always been really flaky, and will crash randomly.

If it's actually not finding anything, it will give you a message of like "no results found". But if the server is just being crappy, it will just stay blank. If it's doing that, back out to the main "press start" screen and try again. Fortunately, the multiplayer server doesn't seem to have near as many problems.

[quote name='DVO21']well thats good to know i searched waited took a shit came back finally came up lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. That's generally been the standard for THQ's servers (though, really...2K's haven't been historically better). "Faster than you can take a shit...barely."

well my guy is almost done.
he kinda looks like jeff hardy and rey mysterio's love child haha. back when i played this game all the time i had a pretty boring guy in the past that re made every year that was practically the same i really broke away from it this time and well i like i will keep the name i always used for years. his info will come in a little bit and his back story

Name: Damen Rodriguez
Height: 6'3
Weight: 238
Hometown: Barcelona, Spain

Finishers: The Original Sin and Downward Spiral

Background: Damen dreamed of being in the CAGWF since he was little. When he was 12 years old he trained everyday and when he was 18 moved to America to try and reach his dreams. He fought in some low in end fights in some other companies and worked his way to the top when finally his phone rang and he was asked to sign a contract with CAGWF. He will do anything to win a match because his motto is you only live once. His fans love his passion to and his willingness to risk his body just for a single win. Now that hes finally made it this far his only dream now is to be a Champion.

Name: Petey Youngblood Stevens
Height: 6'0
Weight: 238
Hometown: St. Paul, Minnesota

Background: An up and comer from St. Paul with a take risks attitude, Petey Stevens is ready to take the world by storm. Petey is striving to be the best, is ready to take on anyone at anytime. No other place than the CAGWF can Petey showcase his skills and accomplish his boyhood dream of being the champ. He has one thing to say to his opponents, I will break you.

This sounds pretty cool I'm not very good at this game (at least I always seem to get destroyed by randoms online), but I"d like to give it a shot.

Name: Playboy Peter Jeremy
Height: 6'5
Weight: 245
Hometown: Sin City
Gamertag: BFauble83

I'll edit this post later with a bio...

Nate and Gary: Gail Pennyfeather, being remarkably vain, would like to know how you managed to lose so many years off your age overnight. ;-)

i'm ready to get this thing going. i havent played an actual person yet but i started the WWE attitude era which is great becuz thats when i actually watched wrestling. i'm not sure how good it is these days but i don't think there could be a better time than that. i stopped watching after the hardy boyz broke up and lita got with edge. which lita and trish stratus greatest 2 divas ever
the rock stone cold steve austin DX kane and undertaker foleys 3 faces

i think stone cold steve austin was my favorite of all time.

I updated the roster in the OP today, and I'll add Playboy Peter Jeremy here in a minute. I agree though. I'd like to get this started soon. Considering the general idea was to do a tournament or Royal Rumble to decide the first CAGWF Champion, I'd like to get a few more people signed up.

There's definitely a few people who have been active in the thread who haven't posted the info for their CAW yet, so I'd especially like to get them signed up. As a reminder to everyone, follow the guidelines listed in the first post of this thread when creating your CAW. I haven't really played this game much online (outside of matches with friends), but if there are any other exploits or unstoppable moves that we need to be aware of, feel free to point them out.

[quote name='Matt Young']Nate and Gary: Gail Pennyfeather, being remarkably vain, would like to know how you managed to lose so many years off your age overnight. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Gary's had his at 39. I had originally put John C Reilly's current age...but it made more sense to use his Step Brothers age. I just wanted to make sure he had enough wrinkles in the game though, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Gary's had his at 39. I had originally put John C Reilly's current age...but it made more sense to use his Step Brothers age. I just wanted to make sure he had enough wrinkles in the game though, lol.[/QUOTE]

I see. He is a rather wrinkly fellow.

I did most of the cosmetic work on Gail Pennyfeather a few days ago. I just never got around to the moveset. I'll get on WWE after my Madden tournament game tonight is over.

i did 1180 points on my guy only got 91 overall. i was curious though my guyes a light weight is that the reason i cant make his power moves higher than 80? do they base attributes max outs in spots by weight class?

[quote name='DVO21']i did 1180 points on my guy only got 91 overall. i was curious though my guyes a light weight is that the reason i cant make his power moves higher than 80? do they base attributes max outs in spots by weight class?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does limit stuff.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yeah, it does limit stuff.[/QUOTE]

well damn... o well i guess. making a guy takes a while i got the basics of what he will look like done did a like of his moveset. finished his entrance and custom signs. now on to custom highlight reel and custom entrance video.

theres so much u can do now with caws compared to the past takes alot of time but its fun to do here and there

how do u do a limb target move?
also curious of what charisma and agility do for ur guy skill wise.

bread's done
Back