CAGWF: WWE 2K16 League - pWo 4 LIFE! Join Us for Sunday Brunch!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No idea how long it'll be $29.99 at Amazon, but it's way more almost everywhere else (next cheapest I saw was $49.99 used at Best Buy). It's crazy how THQ going out of business gave this game such a bump in value even after 2K re-released it.

But yeah...we definitely did some hilarious shit tonight. Pro tip: you can lay a ladder on the ropes...and run up it and jump off. Insane moves and hilarity ensue. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I've been looking for a good reason to purchase this again for like the 4th time since it's release... this is it.

I like to lay the ladder against the ring from the outside, and run up it and dive into the ring onto someone. Never tried it while someone laid on a table.. I'm sure it's just as awesome as it sounds. :bouncy:

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']oh damn just saw about the tournament (been very busy this weekend) I will add my opponent. Think we can get an extension?[/QUOTE]

Due date isn't til tomorrow. I can play tonight if you're available. Not 100% sure, but my friend list might be full.

[quote name='Matt Young']Due date isn't til tomorrow. I can play tonight if you're available. Not 100% sure, but my friend list might be full.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think it is, I sent you a message and yeah I'm free today if you want to play add me, I will be on from around 3pm pacific

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Yeah I think it is, I sent you a message and yeah I'm free today if you want to play add me, I will be on from around 3pm pacific[/QUOTE]

I will be able to get on around 3:30. I am on Pacific time as well. I will find someone to delete so I can add you.

I wouldn't be drastically opposed to tacking on a day to the deadline since I know firsthand the servers were down for a bit this week. But I also don't want to set that as a precedent...especially considering this tournament is just to get us started. Speaking from past experiences with CAGFC, the longer a tournament drags on, the more restless people get. Considering matches shouldn't really take more than 15-20 minutes (if that), I'd rather see people put in a little extra effort and get these hammered out.

Playboy Peter Jeremy defeated Damen Gonzalez by pinfall. Had a few good matches with DVO21, sorry I couldn't play longer.

(Character) I'd like to dedicate this first match to Damen's senorita and invite her to room 69 of the Playboy Hotel so I can show her what its like to be with a real man.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I wouldn't be drastically opposed to tacking on a day to the deadline since I know firsthand the servers were down for a bit this week. But I also don't want to set that as a precedent...especially considering this tournament is just to get us started. Speaking from past experiences with CAGFC, the longer a tournament drags on, the more restless people get. Considering matches shouldn't really take more than 15-20 minutes (if that), I'd rather see people put in a little extra effort and get these hammered out.[/QUOTE]

I just had stuff that needed to get done before settling in for the Kings game, which starts at 7 Pacific. I figured an hour was long enough to wait. I am free to play tomorrow, if it comes down to that. But Dark Lord Greg hadn't been on Live at all today when I last checked. I guess he had to work late or something came up. But I took the time to fine tune my CAW's move set and create an entrance video.

hey n8 i was wondering if boats and hoes is ur entrance music since u can put songs into the game that would be awesome.

[quote name='Matt Young']Sent a friend request earlier and waited/played from 3:30-4:30 Pacific. Going to do other stuff now, but hopefully we can play soon.[/QUOTE]

Hey yeah real sorry had to go pick up a few things, I will be on in 20 minutes for the rest of the night if you want to get the match in real tonight. let me know

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Hey yeah real sorry had to go pick up a few things, I will be on in 20 minutes for the rest of the night if you want to get the match in real tonight. let me know[/QUOTE]

It's cool; I understand. I'm just anxious to get the match played and don't want to hold up proceedings. But I'm not sure if tonight will be possible since the hockey game probably won't end til 9:45-10. Are you available at all tomorrow? Tomorrow, I will be able to play from 3:30 Pacific through the rest of the evening, til whenever I get tired.

[quote name='Matt Young']It's cool; I understand. I'm just anxious to get the match played and don't want to hold up proceedings. But I'm not sure if tonight will be possible since the hockey game probably won't end til 9:45-10. Are you available at all tomorrow? Tomorrow, I will be able to play from 3:30 Pacific through the rest of the evening, til whenever I get tired.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will be free tomorrow, I can get on at 3:30-4:00

In a really fun match a couple hours ago, Gail Pennyfeather beat The Urban Legend by submission to Gail's trademark rear naked choke. The match featured excellent chain wrestling as we both countered each other's moves and kicked out of multiple finishers, but I was able to pull it out in the end.

Good game, Dark Lord Greg. Hope we can play again soon.

All right! All the matches from round 1 have been completed. On to round 2! Putting a deadline of 5/26 on this one. If we can get the matches done sooner, that would be great! Once we finish this tournament, the real fun can begin. :D

Petey Stevens vs Dale Doback about to happen now.

(Character) All right, Mr. Gardocki. You made my brother eat white shit. But that's not going to happen to me! The only person who makes me eat white dog shit is me! You got that?!?!

/scene

:lol:

Dobeck got the best of Petey.

(Character) - This isnt the last of petey, doback, you will taste the youngblood fury as your brother once did.

[quote name='JP']At this rate we could have a new champion by the end of the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I can't say for sure since I don't know what Nate has planned, but I have a feeling that he and I will be able to get it on soon (pun fully intended). The good thing about facing my homie Nate is that I know the match will be recorded, so I hope we put on a good show.

[quote name='Matt Young']I can't say for sure since I don't know what Nate has planned, but I have a feeling that he and I will be able to get it on soon (pun fully intended). The good thing about facing my homie Nate is that I know the match will be recorded, so I hope we put on a good show.[/QUOTE]

I really need to look into a recording setup. With how my network is setup and my entertainment center, shouldn't be all that difficult at all.

(Character) I can't wait for all of this tournament nonsense to be over so I can get another shot at Dale Doback. He's been living in another world if he believes he won that last matchup. That recording was altered.

[quote name='Matt Young']Much to my dismay, it's looking very unlikely that the tournament final match will be played this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yes...you had a Kings viewing party and a friend sleeping over. I had a wife and daughter to keep happy. It's a holiday weekend. Sometimes life happens. Let me know when you're available to play again.

That all was on Sunday. My post you quoted was from Saturday. I was just irritated by your comment about "not having time to reply" to my PM from Saturday morning when you were on CAG browsing deals and making multiple posts during the UFC show, yet you apparently didn't have time to write a sentence or two in a PM to say you could or couldn't play. I know me posting that will piss you off, but you would have been pissed if the shoe was on the other foot.

Anyway, I can play at the usual time tomorrow: 5:30 P.M. Central and after.

Whoa, feel like I'm seeing behind the curtain. You're breaking the 4th wall! You can't do that, it's against tradition.

*Hopes that lightens the mood a little.*

It shouldn't turn into some big thing. It's done now. I just had to clarify what happened after reading Nate's last post. Hopefully we'll have a nice, friendly match tomorrow.

[quote name='Matt Young']That all was on Sunday. My post you quoted was from Saturday. I was just irritated by your comment about "not having time to reply" to my PM from Saturday morning when you were on CAG browsing deals and making multiple posts during the UFC show, yet you apparently didn't have time to write a sentence or two in a PM to say you could or couldn't play. I know me posting that will piss you off, but you would have been pissed if the shoe was on the other foot.

Anyway, I can play at the usual time tomorrow: 5:30 P.M. Central and after.[/QUOTE]

I apologize that I didn't message you to tell you that I wasn't sure when I could play. I was trying to wait in the hope that I would actually have something to tell you when I did respond. It should be noted that we're basically talking about a 24 hour period here (your original post in the thread was on Friday night...and I didn't see it until the next morning). You asked about the match 3 times in 14 hours (thread post, CAG PM, XBL message)...and yeah, unfortunately, I didn't have anything to tell you and I was busy, so I didn't respond right away. You should even be able to recognize that what I finally sent you was still fairly vague. I really didn't want to be so non-specific, but it was the best I could do.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's ok for you to be busy with a Kings viewing party and a friend sleeping over, but it's not ok for me to be busy with marital obligations or taking care of another human life? When you've got a kid running around screaming and a wife asking you questions and wanting your help with stuff, responding to PM's isn't even a thought. Even when I'm on my Xbox, I'm not always there. I leave my console idle so much now because I'll start to play and than have to go do something...then 2 hours later, I get to sit back down again. Until you know what that's like, you know nothing about what "not having time" means (let alone, how it applies to my life).

I wasn't even going to say anything about it because it's not like we missed a deadline or anything...and like I said, it was a holiday weekend. But if you're going to call me out on it with stuff like "much to my dismay"...as though we both weren't busy, I might as well explain myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a completely unrelated note, I'll be online tomorrow from 5-8PM EST. Want to get in some WWE '13 time so open to all takers.

Like a WWE promo, the next match is getting heated. :hot:

tumblr_m9efr4dHfW1ql7oz0o1_500.gif

[quote name='foltest121']Like a WWE promo, the next match is getting heated. :hot:

tumblr_m9efr4dHfW1ql7oz0o1_500.gif
[/QUOTE]
It's all a work, they are trying to pull one over on the dirt sheets.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I apologize that I didn't message you to tell you that I wasn't sure when I could play. I was trying to wait in the hope that I would actually have something to tell you when I did respond. It should be noted that we're basically talking about a 24 hour period here (your original post in the thread was on Friday night...and I didn't see it until the next morning). You asked about the match 3 times in 14 hours (thread post, CAG PM, XBL message)...and yeah, unfortunately, I didn't have anything to tell you and I was busy, so I didn't respond right away. You should even be able to recognize that what I finally sent you was still fairly vague. I really didn't want to be so non-specific, but it was the best I could do.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's ok for you to be busy with a Kings viewing party and a friend sleeping over, but it's not ok for me to be busy with marital obligations or taking care of another human life? When you've got a kid running around screaming and a wife asking you questions and wanting your help with stuff, responding to PM's isn't even a thought. Even when I'm on my Xbox, I'm not always there. I leave my console idle so much now because I'll start to play and than have to go do something...then 2 hours later, I get to sit back down again. Until you know what that's like, you know nothing about what "not having time" means (let alone, how it applies to my life).

I wasn't even going to say anything about it because it's not like we missed a deadline or anything...and like I said, it was a holiday weekend. But if you're going to call me out on it with stuff like "much to my dismay"...as though we both weren't busy, I might as well explain myself.[/QUOTE]

Again, the PM was sent Saturday morning (Pacific). I was hoping to schedule something before UFC. I wasn't busy that day, although I was busy Sunday like you said. My "much to my dismay" post was made Saturday night after seeing that you were on CAG, making posts, even replying to one of my posts in another thread. That's what got me.

I understand you're busy with wife and baby. I've lived with girls who had very young kids and helped take care of them, so I can relate on some level. But I've explained my reasons as to why my initial post about it was made.

I hope you understand now where I was coming from. If not, I'm sure we can talk it out. We usually do. But hey, it seems that we've got some of the other guys interested in our match! And that match will take place at 6 P.M. Pacific tonight.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']wait is this kayfabe??!?!?!?!

in a totally unrelated question.....is there anyway to interfere in online matches?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played online a lot, but I am pretty sure there is no way to interfere unless you are the special referee.

[quote name='Matt Young']Again, the PM was sent Saturday morning (Pacific). I was hoping to schedule something before UFC. I wasn't busy that day, although I was busy Sunday like you said. My "much to my dismay" post was made Saturday night after seeing that you were on CAG, making posts, even replying to one of my posts in another thread. That's what got me.

I understand you're busy with wife and baby. I've lived with girls who had very young kids and helped take care of them, so I can relate on some level. But I've explained my reasons as to why my initial post about it was made.

I hope you understand now where I was coming from. If not, I'm sure we can talk it out. We usually do. But hey, it seems that we've got some of the other guys interested in our match! And that match will take place at 6 P.M. Pacific tonight.[/QUOTE]

The only point I was trying to make is that if I was busy on Saturday, then your argument is moot. If I posted on a day you were busy and then got upset about you not getting back to me, would that not be the same thing? It just seems like a trivial thing to get hung up on. I was busy one day. You were busy the next day. Just the way it goes, and not totally shocking for Memorial Day weekend.

If you are the one who creates the match, can you please leave entrances on? I'd like to see yours, and I'd really like you to see mine, especially if you record it.

Ladies and gentlemen, your new CAGWF heavyweight champion of the world.....

DALE DOBACK!
8535_165225921835_4729285_a.jpg

Good match, Nate, but you know I would have beaten you had we played over the weekend. ;-)

So Gail Pennyfeather has fallen one win short of his goal for the time being, but "The Ass Murderer" will be on the prowl for belts AND buttholes.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Prestige Worldwide will soon hold ALL the belts![/QUOTE]
I'll take on Prestige Worldwide by myself for the tag titles, pick a partner later. Prestige Worldwide is nothing to be scared of.

[quote name='JP']I can't believe it was Dale Doback![/QUOTE]

(Character) That's what my mom said! Wait...no, I mean your mom... That's what YOUR mom said!

Johncr.jpg

The champ is here! lol

Video coming soon!

You guys should post the video of the match first. Then 24 hours later, post the results. It make the video more suspenseful. Like a real match.

[quote name='slofton']You guys should post the video of the match first. Then 24 hours later, post the results. It make the video more suspenseful. Like a real match.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Video took some time to encode, and I wasn't able to get back to it as quick as I thought I would. The results had been posted by the time I got back. Not a huge deal, but I get what you're saying.

Lmao... Didn't know you could use custom music online. That's probably why I couldn't hear it. I thought you said you used the Godfather's theme music.

bread's done
Back