CAGWF: WWE 2K16 League - pWo 4 LIFE! Join Us for Sunday Brunch!

[quote name='JP']I'll take on Prestige Worldwide by myself for the tag titles, pick a partner later. Prestige Worldwide is nothing to be scared of.[/QUOTE]

Word on the street is that Gail Pennyfeather might be open to a partnership, assuming the chemistry is right. His #1 priority is becoming the world heavyweight champion, but a tag match against Prestige Worldwide would give him an opportunity to once again get his hands on Dale Doback.

[quote name='Matt Young']Word on the street is that Gail Pennyfeather might be open to a partnership, assuming the chemistry is right. His #1 priority is becoming the world heavyweight champion, but a tag match against Prestige Worldwide would give him an opportunity to once again get his hands on Dale Doback.[/QUOTE]
I believe a partnership, even if it ends up being shortlived, could be beneficial to both of our goals. I was also involved in an early match where Prestige Worldwide was working on strategy and ring maneuvers. This could be quite handy.

Technically couldn't you guys do a tag match and have the partners act as "managers" ? Would help to set some feuds up, like Prestige Worldwide vs. Pennyfeather and Parr or whomever else is involved.

Then you could randomly have interference as you see fit. Yeah, it wouldn't get you DQ'd, but play it however you want. Just a thought. I'm enjoying reading/watching all of this unfold.

[quote name='HydroX']Technically couldn't you guys do a tag match and have the partners act as "managers" ? Would help to set some feuds up, like Prestige Worldwide vs. Pennyfeather and Parr or whomever else is involved.

Then you could randomly have interference as you see fit. Yeah, it wouldn't get you DQ'd, but play it however you want. Just a thought. I'm enjoying reading/watching all of this unfold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure how much it would really accomplish. I mean, you would know that the other person would always interfere during a pin anyway. And, unfortunately, I don't think there's any other way to distract the referee other than running into the ring and causing mayhem. It would be cool though if you could pick up a chair or something and get the ref's attention.

Well, if you institute some kind of rule in those situations. Maybe allow a certain amount of interference before "the ref ejects you" per say.

[quote name='Matt Young']The ref does eject CPU managers if they interfere too much, at least.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do. BUT HOLD ON A MINUTE PLAYA! I haven't played online in awhile, so I don't recall if you can do 1 v 1 with managers -- which is why I brought up the tag team match option. Playa.

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah, they do. BUT HOLD ON A MINUTE PLAYA! I haven't played online in awhile, so I don't recall if you can do 1 v 1 with managers -- which is why I brought up the tag team match option. Playa.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you can do 1 vs 1 with managers...but I'm not sure if you can have another human be those managers. Though, I could be wrong. I thought I was on to something this past week when we figured out that if you don't choose "Specialty -> Title Match", you can't win a belt (figured this out when going after some achievements).

This made me hopeful for belts online...until I saw that there is no "Specialty" option for online. Pretty much every other match type is available online except title matches, which seems incredibly short-sighted of THQ to leave out. But then again, I guess that's why they're out of business, lol.

This can't have died already, is it the CAG 3.0 update that has drawn everyone away for a bit? I haven't played any games on my 360 in a few days but anyone up for a match hit me up via PM on CAG most days and I can typically jump on.

No idea what people are saying in here because for whatever reason, I can't get past the first page. But yeah, I need to get a new card up. CAG being so screwed up slowed me down a bit. Expect one very soon. I definitely want to get some fun matches going. I really didn't think CAG would be barely functional for this long though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't let me view posts past the first page, either. I had to manually scroll through each page rather than clicking the page number.

All right, guys. We've got new matches! I just put in the matchups. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide what type of match you want to do. Discuss it with your opponent (or challenge him directly in the thread), and let me know what type of match you will be doing. I'll update the OP accordingly. I'm still getting used to this new CAG. Some things are better...but some things are way worse. Formatting the OP is confusing as hell, as spoiler tags don't really work right and look awful (I don't even see an option in the editor for "spoiler"...but using the old
still works...sort of. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions...and lets get this thing back going again! Somebody has to challenge The Doback! :lol:

Maybe tornado rules in the tag match?  Not sure how many of the game's stipulation matches can be played in tag team form.  I'll have to look at that.

I'm up for Tornado. I should be available from 5:30-8:30 PM EST Monday-Thursday. PM me on CAG as my 360 stays on but isn't always the active input.

I am usually available from 3:30 P.M.Pacific through about 9 P.M. Pacific, although tonight I do plan to watch Sony's E3 conference. But we should do a match or two online as a team to help get ready for the big main event.

Bumping so this doesn't fall off the first page. Hoping we can get this done soon! As usual, I can schedule games at or after 3:30 P.M. Pacific, just not too late.

Bumping so this doesn't fall off the first page. Hoping we can get this done soon! As usual, I can schedule games at or after 3:30 P.M. Pacific, just not too late.
Yeah, sorry. I've been super busy these past few days and haven't been able to get on until really late.. I watched both the MS and Sony conferences on Monday, in addition to my wife insisting that I start watching Falling Skies with her. Then, Tuesday morning, our 7 year old 50" plasma TV crapped out on us. It would power on and you'd hear sound, but the screen was super dim and would flash every couple seconds. Googling revealed that this most likely meant the YSUS board went bad. So, feeling fearless due to the logic of "you can't break what's already broken" I took the TV apart, removed the board, and found a place that will replace the bad parts for $130. Just really hoping that's the only thing wrong with it. Then today, we took our daughter swimming for the first time. Lots of exciting stuff going on, haha.

I know you're busy, and I wasn't trying to single anybody out. My partner and I haven't even played together yet.

I want to play WWE ASAP, but if we have to wait, that's fine. Honestly, I've been putting a lot of time in with Sleeping Dogs and now Animal Crossing on the 3DS. The latter is part of one of my all time favorite series and is more addictive than words can describe.

Oh, almost forgot: Falling Skies. Are you up to the current season that just premiered? I haven't watched the 2 episodes that aired on Sunday, but I love Falling Skies in general.

We would have to start at 10PM sharp as I've got a maintenance window at a client site from 11PM to Midnight.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and my PM box. My 360 is acting funny so I don't want to leave it on too long anymore.

Playboy Peter Jeremy took on The Urban Legend in the career altering Hell in a Cell. An especially brutal match saw both men trade multiple finishers to no avail that is when weapons made the difference from steel chairs to the steel steps even Triple H's sledgehammer made an appearance and in the end The Urban Legend fell to a submission hold again as he tapped out.

Winner Playboy Peter Jeremy by submission

Well, one of the benefits of the new CAG, we know Matt isn't viewing the thread, lol. Looking like this won't be happening tonight. This is the problem with tag matches. Too many schedules to line up. Hopefully we can figure something out for this weekend. My availability is generally more open now since school is out and my wife has the summer off. So, if the 3 of you guys can work out a time, just let me know with a little notice and I should be able to make it. Tomorrow night I probably won't be able to play after 10 PM EST though.

Petey Stevens beat Damien Gonzalez in an extreme rules match for the Sunday Brunch PPV. (Just realized what match was being set-up derp)

I cant at all this weekend as I'm working early and I have dinner party plans for Sat and Sunday night.
We'll figure something out. When are you around tomorrow? Or maybe earlier on Friday?

(Character) I don't know why Gail Pennyfeather didn't show up for the match. I tried calling him, but nobody said anything on the other end. All I heard was two dudes grunting and breathing heavily. I guess they were working out or moving furniture or something. I don't know. I think one of them must have injured himself because he started yelling real funny like. I hope he's ok...

My 360 took a complete dive this morning. Wanted to check on a download, weird noises and no more 360. I didn't see the magic smoke come out so it might be salvageable.

I guess I misunderstood regarding Nate's TV. I thought it wasn't fixed yet. But I wish somebody had sent me a PM. I get email notifications on my phone. I would have gotten on last night to play.

I guess I misunderstood regarding Nate's TV. I thought it wasn't fixed yet. But I wish somebody had sent me a PM. I get email notifications on my phone. I would have gotten on last night to play.
We have more than one TV. It's not 1955, lol. I keed. I keed. Nah, actually, I hardly ever play games on the 50" anymore since my daughter was born. Just too much going on. I use a 26" Vizio as my computer monitor, and I pretty much always play Xbox on that now. As you can imagine, the PS3 and Wii are connected to the 50" haha.

My bad on not contacting my partner via PM. Having a buddy look at my 360 tonight to see if it can be revived.

I never PM'ed you like I had planned to do, JP, so I'm at fault for that. Nate, I don't know why I didn't think that you might have more than one TV. I feel like a total dumbass.

JP, good luck with getting your Xbox working!

I never PM'ed you like I had planned to do, JP, so I'm at fault for that. Nate, I don't know why I didn't think that you might have more than one TV. I feel like a total dumbass.

JP, good luck with getting your Xbox working!
lol..it's cool. It just made me laugh because it made me think of Back to the Future. I thought you were going to ask me to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, haha.

(ah, and of course I can't find a good clip of it...this will have to do)

http://youtu.be/2YVxzBR7xMo?t=38s

My 360 appears to be up and running...for now...anyone available?

Bumping the topic and asking if JP, n8, and Vulcan can play tomorrow sometime? With a little advance notice, I can play up until about 7:30 P.M. EST. That's when the WWE Payback pre-show starts, so I'll be watching that followed by the PPV. I can play for about an hour after the PPV ends, too.

Happy Father's Day, Nate. You've been making me call you daddy in many games over the years, so I figured I should say something. ;-)

bread's done
Back