CAGWF: WWE 2K16 League - pWo 4 LIFE! Join Us for Sunday Brunch!

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']but if there are any other exploits or unstoppable moves that we need to be aware of, feel free to point them out.[/QUOTE]

I'm not for sure about it, but what made me stop playing online at one point was when the opponent would continually run then grapple, run then grapple, I found incredibly hard to reverse especially with the slight online lag.

[quote name='DVO21']i did 1180 points on my guy only got 91 overall. i was curious though my guyes a light weight is that the reason i cant make his power moves higher than 80? do they base attributes max outs in spots by weight class?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']I followed the guidelines for my CAW, triple checking with a calculator, but my guy is a 95 overall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's going to depend on where people boost their stats. That's why I wanted to set the cap a little low, so people actually have to decide what they want to be good at. Seeing a bit of a range in overall is going to be normal.

Yeah, my guy Gail Pennyfeather is a super heavyweight. I wanted to make him about 20-30 pounds lighter, but to set his height as 6'7", he ended up weighing 285 pounds rather than the svelte 240-ish he competed at in the CAGFC. Guess I can blame it on steroids, lol.

Gary's post reminded me to ask this: are we only allowed to have tag team matches if both members of every team are human, or can we do human + CPU (the CPU wrestler being a 2nd CAW)? I think that the former is preferable, but I'm not sure how plausible it is.

[quote name='Matt Young']Gary's post reminded me to ask this: are we only allowed to have tag team matches if both members of every team are human, or can we do human + CPU (the CPU wrestler being a 2nd CAW)? I think that the former is preferable, but I'm not sure how plausible it is.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think it should be all humans. The only time I could really see including CPU wrestlers is if we did a Royal Rumble. Obviously, I'm open to suggestions, but I think having as much human interaction as possible would be preferable. Having said that, I'm really hoping we can get things moving here. I know there's at least 2-3 people who have talked to me about getting their CAW info posted. As Gary said...we're ready to drop you motherfuckers, lol. :lol: Also, Gary said he's never going to call you "Dad". Not even if there's a fire!

The process is taking longer than I anticipated. I suck at editing facial features and that sort of stuff, but right now, creating a unique moveset is taking some work.

Yeah, the people we were waiting on still haven't posted their CAW info, and honestly, I've been ridiculously busy since this past Friday. In the brief time I've had to think about it, I've considered just setting up a tournament with who we have and just going from there. Obviously, there's no deadlines on when people need to join by. I had just hoped for larger participation during the initial title eliminator. But yeah, at some point, we just need to get this thing moving. I would say expect something in the next couple days.

Name: Josh Parr
Height: 5'9
Weight: 280
Hometown: Indianapolis, IN
Gamertag: Valen Korde
Background: Josh Parr is a reformed redneck from right on the Ohio River. Since he spent time as a kid fishing and swimming in the Ohio his sense of self preservation is quite low. Because of this he has taken numerous blows to the head from doing stupid shit, but has also proven he can take a beating and continue to dish it out. Josh has joined the CAGWF to have a good time and just beat the piss out of people. If he gets a championship or two along the way, even better.

I have to take a pic of my guy and post his back-story, but I am not doing the latter on my phone. Here are his stats:

Name: Gail Pennyfeather
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 287 pounds
Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden
Gamertag: X Matt Young X

Man, all I've gotta do is threaten that we're going to get started and

madden-25-boom-song-dj-steve-porter-500x300.jpg

two more people sign up? All right...noted, lol. :)

Well I made my guy other day, still need to finish his move set and most likely change his name as I can't get the announcer to say it. Made him like a monster heel a la Kane when he debuted (not the sorry excuse for Kane we have since he was unmasked) with a little Ryback sprinkled in.

Name: The Urban Legend (for now)
Height: 6'5"
Weight: ??? pounds
Hometown: Parts Unknown

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Man, all I've gotta do is threaten that we're going to get started and

two more people sign up? All right...noted, lol. :)[/QUOTE]
In my defense I could've swore I had already posted my info. When I saw your post I went through and was looking at who all had signed up and didn't see my info anywhere. I might've been hallucinating that night I thought I posted it. It's a possibility.

Our inaugural championship tournament has now been posted! Get to wrasslin! :D

Not that it really matters, lol, but the matchmaking was decided using a random number generator. I just put in everybody's CAW name, and let it decide who would go head to head. Also, please make special notice, these should just be normal, one on one, single pinfall matches. No special referee, no extreme rules, etc. Figured we'd start simple for the initial tournament. Then, we'll expand and get crazy after that.

And, foltest121, aka Petey Stevens, we need your XBL Gamertag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting the tournament set up! What about a championship belt for the winner? Not sure if those can be downloaded or what. Also note that the Fan Axxess DLC gives you more belts and designs.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks for getting the tournament set up! What about a championship belt for the winner? Not sure if those can be downloaded or what. Also note that the Fan Axxess DLC gives you more belts and designs.[/QUOTE]

There will be something. I haven't gotten a chance to get in and look at that yet (I'll do that tonight). But considering I already have the CAGWF logo in the game, I'm hoping it won't be ridiculously elaborate. I'll tell ya, doing CheapyD's head was almost more than I could chew. Wait...meh, I'll go with it.

Having some connection issues with JP. One thing I just remembered to mention (not sure if this is his issue or not), but this game is horrible in terms of letting you know you need a compatibility pack. If you haven't gotten the Fan Axxess DLC, you'll have to download all of the free content before it will let you play with people who have it (which I do). The free content is as follows:

Undertaker Ministry Attire
Layla

Even after you download that, you have to back all the way out to the "press start" screen before it "activates" it on your system. It's incredibly unintuitive and annoying. But hopefully that will help people.

lol...not the first time that phrase has been uttered, I'm sure. ;)

Once we finally got connected, it was a fun match. Fortunately, I had my capture card running. Video to follow soon! :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']lol...not the first time that phrase has been uttered, I'm sure. ;)

Once we finally got connected, it was a fun match. Fortunately, I had my capture card running. Video to follow soon! :)[/QUOTE]
You captured it? Sweet. I really should try to set something like that up.

And here we go! First match in CAGWF history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuIsk-tEWOs

One thing I noticed is that the name plates didn't show up at all. And JP mentioned something about names being reversed. Not sure if there was server chaos going on or what, but definitely expect to see some weird things every once in a while. Vulcan, DarkTower, and myself played a Royal Rumble match a couple weekends ago, and though none of us dropped from the match, Vulcan was seeing entirely different outcomes than DarkTower and I were seeing (in terms of which wrestlers we were playing as and who had been eliminated)...and our match ended about 4-5 minutes before his did with a completely different winner. DarkTower and I were sitting there frozen until Vulcan's match ended, and then everything synced back up and put us back in the lobby together. It was completely nuts. I don't know how the game was even able to process all of that without exploding. These servers are unstable as hell.

Also, everybody should download the CAG Arena for their matches (assuming they can connect to the Community Creations). And please rate it if you don't mind. There's an achievement for that. Thanks! :D

[quote name='n8rockerasu']One thing I noticed is that the name plates didn't show up at all. And JP mentioned something about names being reversed. Not sure if there was server chaos going on or what, but definitely expect to see some weird things every once in a while. Vulcan, DarkTower, and myself played a Royal Rumble match a couple weekends ago, and though none of us dropped from the match, Vulcan was seeing entirely different outcomes than DarkTower and I were seeing (in terms of which wrestlers we were playing as and who had been eliminated)...and our match ended about 4-5 minutes before his did with a completely different winner. DarkTower and I were sitting there frozen until Vulcan's match ended, and then everything synced back up and put us back in the lobby together. It was completely nuts. I don't know how the game was even able to process all of that without exploding. These servers are unstable as hell.

Also, everybody should download the CAG Arena for their matches (assuming they can connect to the Community Creations). And please rate it if you don't mind. There's an achievement for that. Thanks! :D[/QUOTE]
Now that's odd as on my end it showed me doing that move to you and winning even the after match screen. The end of the game it just sat there waiting to go back to the room, almost like it had frozen. Not a big deal as I had expected to lose anyway because I was planning on getting a chair to do a DQ. Setup my guy as a real jackass. The other matches we played afterwards who did you see winning? It showed you winning the weapons match and me winning the inferno.

I think I figured the nameplate thing out. My brother had played on my system and had turned targeting on so the name I was seeing above my head was the character I was targeting. When I played a single players match on my system it showed the other persons name above my head as well. Turned that off and it disappeared.

I got the arena finally.

[quote name='JP']Now that's odd as on my end it showed me doing that move to you and winning even the after match screen. The end of the game it just sat there waiting to go back to the room, almost like it had frozen. Not a big deal as I had expected to lose anyway. The other matches we played afterwards who did you see winning? It showed you winning the weapons match and me winning the inferno.

I think I figured the nameplate thing out. My brother had played on my system and had turned targeting on so the name I was seeing above my head was the character I was targeting. When I played a single players match on my system it showed the other persons name above my head as well. Turned that off and it disappeared.[/QUOTE]

LMAO...what? The first match...that I recorded, you saw you winning? What in the holy fuck is going on in this game? Like I said, it did feel like there was a point where you "stopped playing", and I was hesitant to keep pouring it on because I wasn't sure if your batteries died or what. But then your guy even taunted me, and I was like "Ok, maybe he's jobbing to me" lol. I can't even understand how this is possible. In any other one vs one online game...if it desyncs, the connection drops and you get some kind of error message. This game is batshit insane, lol.

As for the 2nd and 3rd matches, I got the same results as you. Now I wish I had captured the 2nd match even more...as that one was very back and forth, and I felt we both had a good amount of reversals. I guess it wouldn't have qualified for the tournament anyway since it was an extreme rules match...but at least that one seemed coherent all the way through.

EDIT - Looking at the video again, if I had to guess, was the match normal for you up until 6:14? That was the last thing you did to me, and then your guy just started standing there. Did you ever see me hit the RKO? The taunt comes after that...but it looked very random and out of place. So freaking weird.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']LMAO...what? The first match...that I recorded, you saw you winning? What in the holy fuck is going on in this game? Like I said, it did feel like there was a point where you "stopped playing", and I was hesitant to keep pouring it on because I wasn't sure if your batteries died or what. But then your guy even taunted me, and I was like "Ok, maybe he's jobbing to me" lol. I can't even understand how this is possible. In any other one vs one online game...if it desyncs, the connection drops and you get some kind of error message. This game is batshit insane, lol.

EDIT - Looking at the video again, if I had to guess, was the match normal for you up until 6:14? That was the last thing you did to me, and then your guy just started standing there. Did you ever see me hit the RKO? The taunt comes after that...but it looked very random and out of place. So freaking weird.[/QUOTE]

I think those random things you saw might have been when I was trying to get out of the dead screen. That first match was all full of oddities. At least we know the other two were fine. Also we found a glitch that everyone needs to watch out for, so when a match is over compare results right after. I think a good indication would be if one user sees a frozen screen for some time after a match or it looks like someone is doing randomness in the ring.

I never saw the RKO you hit so I think you are right that was about when our connection did something really weird. That's about when I started seeing some odd items. Also explains why both of us did really good on a submission as neither of us were punching the buttons fast enough to counter it.

[quote name='JP']I think those random things you saw might have been when I was trying to get out of the dead screen. That first match was all full of oddities. At least we know the other two were fine. Also we found a glitch that everyone needs to watch out for, so when a match is over compare results right after. I think a good indication would be if one users sees a frozen screen for some time after a match or it looks like someone is doing randomness in the ring.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. If you want to try again tomorrow or Tuesday, I'd definitely be up for it. I wasn't sure what you were talking about at first when you were asking about redoing the match and what was wrong with the submissions. I thought maybe you were thinking my points were too high or something. But yeah, if we both saw different things, it makes a lot more sense, lol. No clue why the next two matches were fine though. Honestly, the weirdest thing about the "alternate timeline" is the game doesn't even start lagging or anything. It just randomly branches off on a completely different path. Definitely something people need to be mindful of.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Definitely. If you want to try again tomorrow or Tuesday, I'd definitely be up for it. I wasn't sure what you were talking about at first when you were asking about redoing the match and what was wrong with the submissions. I thought maybe you were thinking my points were too high or something. But yeah, if we both saw different things, it makes a lot more sense, lol. No clue why the next two matches were fine though. Honestly, the weirdest thing about the "alternate timeline" is the game doesn't even start lagging or anything. It just randomly branches off on a completely different path. Definitely something people need to be mindful of.[/QUOTE]
No need to try again, I planned on getting DQ'ed eventually anyway, I just didn't want to do it too early. Ruins the allusion. When I put on the submission that led to the "win", I was trying to break it to do a finisher then to get the chair. It wouldn't let me break it so I just tried to finish it. I'm up for some random matches during the week. That goes for anyone, even if I'm not in WWE 13, just shoot me a message. I had a lot of fun, although I'm not a fan of Inferno matches as I suck at them. Yes I won the one we played but that was just luck on my part.

That kendo stick reversal was funny during the weapons match, I'd reverse when you were trying to hit me while on the ground then get popped as soon as I got up from the reversal.

After watching that match I am tempted to grab the game again and join in on this. I'm assuming you guys aren't taking this too seriously, which is totally fine with me. I would love to just goof around with some of you guys online in some different types of matches.

I highly doubt anyone is taking it super seriously. I'm just looking forward to after the championship is determined so we can start in on the screw jobs, 2 on 1s, weapons matches, dq's to hold onto the belt and so on. We can do those now, but in context of the CAGWF it'll be more entertaining. The weapons match we did right after the one that was recorded was much better and even more fun.

Took a personal day from work today, been playing WWE '13, and created some new attires for my character. Ha. I'm easily amused.

Do we have a smaller CAGWF logo that is more signature friendly? I stole the one from the title but I think it's a wee-bit large.

Yeah, I mean...I'd like people to take it seriously in the sense of actually making an effort and putting some thought and creativity into their characters, matches, etc. But I definitely also hope people don't take it seriously in the sense of feeling like they need to go undefeated, win all the time, and prove "how good they are" at WWE 13.

For me personally, I get such an odd feeling when I play this game. Like, I start out wanting to do well and show some skill...but I also want the match to be exciting. I don't want to just steamroll my opponent. I guess my hope is that the people who sign up for this league will be people who understand the point of professional wrestling.

I'm not sure how many people will be able to record their matches, but even if you can't share them with everyone in here, having a back and forth match and "allowing" your opponent to hit some crazy moves really makes it more enjoyable just for the people in the match. I'm hoping most everybody will get that...and of course, the people who don't will get fucked over tremendously, lol ;)

Also, I looked at the options for making a championship belt, and unfortunately, it seems pretty limited. The only options are to modify an existing belt by changing the plate and strap colors...and then changing what it's called. So, basically, I could make a green/orange or green/gray belt, and give it a name.

But the bigger problem is that it can't be uploaded or shared (that I'm aware of). So, I don't really know what purpose it would serve if not everyone had it on their game. I guess I could post the "formula" for how to make it and allow everyone to make it themselves (there is an achievement for doing that). But that's up to you guys if you want to go that route. It's too bad they won't let you use your logos on the belt and share it in the community creations though.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']Yeah, I mean...I'd like people to take it seriously in the sense of actually making an effort and putting some thought and creativity into their characters, matches, etc. But I definitely also hope people don't take it seriously in the sense of feeling like they need to go undefeated, win all the time, and prove "how good they are" at WWE 13.

For me personally, I get such an odd feeling when I play this game. Like, I start out wanting to do well and show some skill...but I also want the match to be exciting. I don't want to just steamroll my opponent. I guess my hope is that the people who sign up for this league will be people who understand the point of professional wrestling.

I'm not sure how many people will be able to record their matches, but even if you can't share them with everyone in here, having a back and forth match and "allowing" your opponent to hit some crazy moves really makes it more enjoyable just for the people in the match. I'm hoping most everybody will get that...and of course, the people who don't will get fucked over tremendously, lol ;)

Also, I looked at the options for making a championship belt, and unfortunately, it seems pretty limited. The only options are to modify an existing belt by changing the plate and strap colors...and then changing what it's called. So, basically, I could make a green/orange or green/gray belt, and give it a name.

But the bigger problem is that it can't be uploaded or shared (that I'm aware of). So, I don't really know what purpose it would serve if not everyone had it on their game. I guess I could post the "formula" for how to make it and allow everyone to make it themselves (there is an achievement for doing that). But that's up to you guys if you want to go that route. It's too bad they won't let you use your logos on the belt and share it in the community creations.[/QUOTE]

When I meant not seriously I meant not like winning at all costs and making it quick victories. I'm more interested in putting on a show, having some fun, and creating some stories. I mean already, we've got a wormhole dropping in an extra dimension screwing me out of the tournament. I will come back and destroy the champion. It. Will. Come! Different story than I was going for but I'll take it!

I was looking through the belt options too and was a little unimpressed. If we do the custom belt maybe base it off the million dollar belt. Never mind that belt, I was hoping you could change the color of the dollar signs and you cant. Damn.

Online matches have seemed more stable today compared to yesterday. Didn't have any trouble getting into games today. Don't know if that was because I reset my router or if playing a half hour before a PPV started the servers were hit harder yesterday.

I'm still learning from you, but I'm trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely liked reading everything that is posted on your website.Keep the stories coming. I enjoyed it!Digg...While checking out DIGG today I found this...
pożyczka bez zaświadczeń Good post. I find out something more challenging on different blogs every day. It's usually stimulative to read content from other writers and use something from their website. I'd would like to use some articles on my website whether you don't mind. Normally I'll provide you with a backlink . Thanks for sharing.I dugg some of you post as I cerebrated they were very beneficial very beneficial
chwilówki I would like to thank you for the efforts you've put in writing this web site. I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own blog now. Actually the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a great example of it.Its excellent as your other blog posts : D, thankyou for posting .
chwilówki przez internet I was examining some of your articles on this internet site and I think this web site is very informative ! Continue putting up.Some really nice stuff on this site, I it.
gotówka bez bik Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was looking for! "Music is a higher revelation than philosophy." by Ludwig van Beethoven.I am always browsing online for articles that can assist me. Thx!
chwilówki przez internet That's what i call "great post". Thank you so much.Somebody essentially help to make seriously articles I would state. This is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I amazed with the research you made to make this particular publish amazing. Fantastic job!
pożyczka gotówkowa That's what i call "great post". Thank you so much.Recommeneded websites...Here are some of the sites we recommend for our visitors......

I'm getting a message that the server is actually down for maintenance. Never got that before. It directs me to wwe.thq.com/status but that doesn't say anything. I was hoping to 'practice' a little.

[quote name='bfauble83']I'm getting a message that the server is actually down for maintenance. Never got that before. It directs me to wwe.thq.com/status but that doesn't say anything. I was hoping to 'practice' a little.[/QUOTE]
I'm getting the same message now as well. A couple hours ago I was in without issue. That's an old message from before THQ went down for the count. Go here: https://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211, for any information. They don't have a server status but you can see if others are having issues with the servers.

They are back up now it appears. I was able to get into a match.

I just recently found an amazing edit pack for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, and it's just the cat's ass. Been playing that on local multiplayer and I like it even more than WWE '13. It's $10 to download on the PSN.

Now, back on topic- I will be available tonight if anyone wants to get some matches in, even during Raw. Raw starts at 6 P.M. here, but I almost always watch it later via DVR.

My guess would be that it's too late for you to be in the initial tournament since brackets are up, but I am also pretty sure that new members will always be welcome.

[quote name='JP']I was looking through the belt options too and was a little unimpressed. If we do the custom belt maybe base it off the million dollar belt. Never mind that belt, I was hoping you could change the color of the dollar signs and you cant. Damn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was looking at the Million Dollar Belt myself and was disappointed that the "plate color" doesn't apply to the giant ass platinum dollar signs along the front of the belt. It only changes the 2-3 dollar signs along the side. Then, the strap color hardly changes anything. Just really underwhelmed with the custom belt options. And like I said, since it's not something that can be shared, it makes it a bigger hassle for not a very big pay off.

[quote name='masked lemon']Is it too late to sign up for this? I get paid thursday, if the game is cheap enough I'll pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not too late. Like Matt said, you won't be able to get in on the tournament to decide our first champion, but we'll be moving to a more traditional card setup after that.

Petey Stevens got the Pin over Brennan Huff.

(character) I would like to say that next time we meet, you will be the one eating a white dog turd. Im tired of eating dog turd! Just wait till my Step Brother Dale gets a hold of you and youre the one screaming rape when you see it in his eyes!! (/end)

I'm on right now if anyone wants to get on and fight! Damn it, went into universe mode and it switched to my old entrance somehow. Also using that online as well. Son of a bitch. Also as a note for the tournament Dale Doback defeated Josh Parr yesterday.

I'll pick it up when I get paid (hoping it's still $29.99 by then) and get in on this action.

I totally don't mind being the Brooklyn Brawler Zack Ryder jobber extraordinaire of the CAGWF as long as we do some awesome/hilarious shit.

I'll look into some recording stuff as well. Might as well put my laptop to good use.

No idea how long it'll be $29.99 at Amazon, but it's way more almost everywhere else (next cheapest I saw was $49.99 used at Best Buy). It's crazy how THQ going out of business gave this game such a bump in value even after 2K re-released it.

But yeah...we definitely did some hilarious shit tonight. Pro tip: you can lay a ladder on the ropes...and run up it and jump off. Insane moves and hilarity ensue. :lol:

bread's done
Back