Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Vengeance DLC Coming July 2

[quote name='Tsel']The maps are pretty good. There aren't any that I would call awesome, but the majority of them are miles ahead of MW3's maps.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear! Gonna pick it up tonight.

I exchanged the game and I still have the same problem...where it gives me the unrecognized disc error. After opening and closing it, I can eventually get it working and once it reads it, it plays fine. I was having some problems with my system a few weeks back but this is the only game that does this. I'm probably going to break down and just get a new system soon.

[quote name='shotgunshine']i exchanged the game and i still have the same problem...where it gives me the unrecognized disc error. After opening and closing it, i can eventually get it working and once it reads it, it plays fine. I was having some problems with my system a few weeks back but this is the only game that does this. I'm probably going to break down and just get a new system soon.[/quote]

this happened to my buddies right before the disk drive went totally out. Prob dying...

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Could be worse as far as the maps go, W@W and BO had the worst maps to date, BO2 is much better than both of those.[/QUOTE]

I disagree entirely. These maps are better than MW3, but that's not saying much at all. They're a bit bigger, which is nice, but they're still very MW3-esque. They're smaller than maps from pre-MW3 COD games, and have too many routes. While I wasn't crazy about any of the maps in BO1 or WaW, I didn't hate many of them either. In this game, I hate a lot of them right off the bat. I'm sure the terrible spawns also factor into this, but I don't see them getting fixed as BO1 and MW3 both suffered from terrible spawns for their entire lifespan.

I don't know why people keep comparing Black Ops II to Modern Garbage 2.1, Treyarch had nothing to do with the Modern Shitfare games. :|

It took me 10 hours to realize how little fun I'm having. I'm so fed up with this game that I'm going back to MW3. Yep, I said it.

I like that map. But that might be because I've done really well on it most of the games I've played.

Now Aftermath can be removed from the rotation entirely and I'll forgive them for having one less map to play on. I'm sure someone else love it though.

[quote name='Tsel']It took me 10 hours to realize how little fun I'm having. I'm so fed up with this game that I'm going back to MW3. Yep, I said it.[/QUOTE]
Cool, one less person that's gonna pop up on threads hating on the game. :)
Well, that's what I expect from people who don't care.

I for one can't wait to play this game when I get my PS3 Tuesday/Wednesday.

[quote name='dotCody']I don't know why people keep comparing Black Ops II to Modern Warfare 3, Treyarch had nothing to do with the great Modern Warfare games. :|[/QUOTE]

Fixed it.

[quote name='Trakan']I disagree entirely. These maps are better than MW3, but that's not saying much at all. They're a bit bigger, which is nice, but they're still very MW3-esque. They're smaller than maps from pre-MW3 COD games, and have too many routes. While I wasn't crazy about any of the maps in BO1 or WaW, I didn't hate many of them either. In this game, I hate a lot of them right off the bat. I'm sure the terrible spawns also factor into this, but I don't see them getting fixed as BO1 and MW3 both suffered from terrible spawns for their entire lifespan.[/QUOTE]

In the previous games, there were some bad spawns from time to time but it wasn't till BO came out with the awful spawning that me and my friends starting using the phrase "Ok, that was a damn Black Ops spawn" no matter what game we are playing these days.

Yeah shotguns are fairly decent in this game I was shocked to actually kill people with Shotguns for once. Granted BO1 had some powerful ones as well. All the SMGS seem a tad over powered as usual and the snipers seem to always get the best of me, but haven't seen anyone get insane KDS from the few hours I played (outside of Nuketown) so everything seems ok.

I have seen the occasional bad spawn, but overall I can say this games MP seems way more lag free, balanced for the most part, and the maps are decent. What I don't care for is still dieing after I run around a corner (how many games till they fix this?) and overall it just feels hard to get excited playing multiplayer again. But I have to say Treyarch has done a good job this time around, I just don't think it was a big of a shock compared to BLOPS1 which I thoroughly enjoyed outside of the hit detection and lag issues that were at times game breaking for me.

The campaign is very kick ass
(forcing the player to kill Mason as Woods when you knew it was a setup was painful)
but maaaaannnn... those Strike Force missions are going to be a f*cking bitch on Veteran and Hardcore. I lost count of how many bullets I ate on the final mission. Hopefully I've done enough on Normal to get the "ideal" ending so I won't have to worry about objectives in the future.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']The campaign is very kick ass
(forcing the player to kill Mason as Woods when you knew it was a setup was painful)
but maaaaannnn... those Strike Force missions are going to be a f*cking bitch on Veteran and Hardcore. I lost count of how many bullets I ate on the final mission. Hopefully I've done enough on Normal to get the "ideal" ending so I won't have to worry about objectives in the future.[/QUOTE]

The last one I almost didn't clear, lol, even on normal difficulty. Took several replays, and I passed the earlier ones without much effort.

BTW, what is with all the negative Amazon reviews? I can understand some people not liking it, but it seems like there is a growing amount of resentment towards this series' success and those people have nothing better to do than to go online and trash it. Every year there are more and more of these endless complaints out there, in spite of all the good reviews the game has received (not to mention the sales which continue to soar in spite of these negative Amazon comments). Why not just stop buying it? Playing it? The "hater" kool aid is growing stronger it seems and this game is, IMO, much superior to MW3 despite the "consumer reviews" stating to the contrary.

I totally agree on the whole HATE thing. It's usually by the same people, over and over and over.

images

Warming up to these maps a lot faster than MW3. Though that boat level is very tight, most of the maps have decent space and seem to play fair so far -- unlike the MW3 levels where it seemed there were multiple openings down every corridor for someone to pop out and shoot. Could just be their appearance but they don't feel as claustrophobic to me as MW3. The alterations of the class system also seem to have balanced the game more as well IMO, though I'm sure as time goes on we'll see how it plays out.

I finally got some time to play it. Really liking it. Light years better maps than MW3. I don't get the hate on the graphics. I think it looks good. A lot going on and a good amount of color (not various shades of grey) and runs smooth.

The thing I've noticed as more and more COD games get released is I have a harder time distinguishing which character models belong to which team. If it weren't for the red/green names I'd have no idea who to shoot

Here's the thing with the maps in BO2. All the other CODs had basically square maps. The maps in BO2 are all different shapes and sizes. Being I run with a clan, we like to hold down 1 side of the map. Normally we would have 2 far left - 2 middle - 2 far right. We have found that if you stay in a tighter pattern, you won't have enemy spawning behind you or next to you.

I wish I could play the Turbine map in offline mode. It's not on the list of maps and I've only played it once online too. I've seen plenty of the map from videos and such, but you can't really learn the map until you've actually played it a few times.

I just want to get my practice in

black ops 1 zombie maps are much better than this one :( except nuketown.

and why the hell treyarch remove lobby leaderboard for the zombie mode game?

Well I take what I said earlier back about glitching/lag. It's been almost unplayable the last two days for me. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Anyone else getting motion sickness from this game? I only played Halo 4 the week before this hit stores and didn't have a problem. I'm just a bit annoyed that I can't play more than one mission before I need to take a break unless I want a headache.

Aside from constant freezing issues despite installing the textures, I'm glad I kept playing this. Switching my search preferences to 'best' has drastically improved my gameplay. Hell, I just had 51, 54, and finally 83 kills in three consecutive games. Oddly enough, I do better when playing solo although I can probably attribute that to the fact that my clan is from the UK, so I'm always on a less than stellar connection.

Not sure why you are having so many lag issues. I been playing since picking it up at the midnight release. I have ran into a few host migrations but that's about it.

[quote name='krashhole']Not sure why you are having so many lag issues. I been playing since picking it up at the midnight release. I have ran into a few host migrations but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The double xp thing is weird on this one, it adds up after the match instead of per kill.

[quote name='krashhole']Not sure why you are having so many lag issues. I been playing since picking it up at the midnight release. I have ran into a few host migrations but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

No issues here either.

It could be just me. I've been playing since launch and sometimes it's fine, and other times (like last night) it glitches so bad I can't move.

I usually play in parties of 2-4, so it's possible the party is contributing to any issues.

Am I the only one getting absolutely punished by snipers? I swear they use that damn thing like it's a damn shotgun. They go all blazing in and get one shot kills(not headshots, not hardcore) like there is no tomorrow.

[quote name='Daywalker']Am I the only one getting absolutely punished by snipers? I swear they use that damn thing like it's a damn shotgun. They go all blazing in and get one shot kills(not headshots, not hardcore) like there is no tomorrow.[/QUOTE]I haven't even opened my copy (though I will tonight and get some 2xp), but I just had to say awesome sig.

[quote name='Daywalker']Am I the only one getting absolutely punished by snipers? I swear they use that damn thing like it's a damn shotgun. They go all blazing in and get one shot kills(not headshots, not hardcore) like there is no tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The new pick 10 system seems to make sniping pretty crazy. I could typically strafe most snipers in BLOPs1 and MW3, I have had no such luck here. I think not knowing the maps and sniper lines of sight are hurting me though.

Encountered my first hacker on the xbox tonight...playing Nuketown domination and before we knew it looked up in the sky and there were a hundred killer drones in the air...looked like bird migrating south lol

Ironically he had "mod" in his GT

[quote name='dennisb407']Encountered my first hacker on the xbox tonight...playing Nuketown domination and before we knew it looked up in the sky and there were a hundred killer drones in the air...looked like bird migrating south lol

Ironically he had "mod" in his GT[/QUOTE]

Sure it wasn't Swarm?

[quote name='dennisb407']Encountered my first hacker on the xbox tonight...playing Nuketown domination and before we knew it looked up in the sky and there were a hundred killer drones in the air...looked like bird migrating south lol

Ironically he had "mod" in his GT[/QUOTE]

Swarm Scorestreak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDjUWOdYPg

Little over 90 minutes game-time in multi. Saw on the bottom area of the screen to adjust connection speed. Set that to "best" for a few games. Didn't really notice a difference. Set it back to the default setting.

This "Pick 10" system for custom classes is rather smart. The smaller, three-person team mode is my favorite, but it's a bitch having to carry shitty players and struggling to maintain second place. Team Defender needs to make a comeback.

Overall, Black Ops 2, in my honest opine, is the best Call of Duty to date. Just because of the feel, balance, maps, features, modes, and weapons. But then again, I'm not one to be a nitpicking turd.

[quote name='mvp828']Sure it wasn't Swarm?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dotCody']Swarm Scorestreak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QDjUWOdYPg[/QUOTE]

Well damn never saw that, how long does it last..or did it seem like it was forever since it was small map Nuketown? I still dont trust anyone with "mod" in name haha

But thank you mvp,dotCody

[quote name='dennisb407']Well damn never saw that, how long does it last..or did it seem like it was forever since it was small map Nuketown? I still dont trust anyone with "mod" in name haha

But thank you mvp,dotCody[/QUOTE]

Not sure exactly how long it lasts because I have only seen it once. The one time I saw it was when I was placed into a match that was nearly done. For the last 3-4 minutes it was up, but who knows how long it had been up for before I got in there. Pretty much if you see it, get your ass into the nearest building and wait it out. I don't imagine we'll see it that often seeing as it takes 1900 points to get. You're more than likely going to see it in Demolition since you can rack up a ton of points by planting a bomb and then defending it.

Rented the game at 12:04 AM this morning, just beat the campaign on normal with some bouts of multiplayer and some breaks thrown in between. Glad I didn't buy this as I would have felt ripped off, but as a rental it's fine.

Some thoughts: The twitch focused multiplayer can be fun to me, but only in small doses. Because I don't get a chance to respond while being shot, I have to keep myself on the edge at all times. My nerves get frayed after awhile.

Also, why were there so many instances of getting knocked out, then slowly regaining consciousness in the campaign? They seemed to have redone this trick over and over again till it lost its novelty. I had a hard time keeping up with all the action on screen at times and would proceed to run and gun if I kept dying in a particular spot. This game seems to favor really aggressive behavior.

I enjoyed the after credits Avenged Sevenfold in engine performance with Woods banging on the drums, Menendez doing some killer guitar solos, and Tony Todd (Admiral Briggs) doing some horn saluting and headbanging.

I prefer other, more tactical FPS's but can see the appeal of this game. At least I was able to beat the campaign without too much frustration, unlike World at War.

bread's done
Back