[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 from December 19th to January 31st (dead)

Oh, I should add there's a very high chance of me NOT wanting those games (made that list on impulse), so don't buy them with the expectation that I'm taking them off your hands. Just PM me and I'll make the trip myself.

[quote name='gamer602']You've got a lot to learn, young grasshopper!

Vancouver is over-represented, proportionally speaking, here on CAG.

Mark me down for Burnaby(School)/Coquitlam(Home)

I want:
Fable 2
Fallout 3[/QUOTE]

You go Burnaby North?

I was wondering, do you have to be a member to buy things off Rogers video or can you just walk in and buy whatever?

[quote name='spzero']I was wondering, do you have to be a member to buy things off Rogers video or can you just walk in and buy whatever?[/QUOTE]
You don't have to be a member

I'm...getting anxious to see what will be available on the 19th!? I was a little shocked to see that GTA locations don't open until 10am :p

[quote name='addone']I'm...getting anxious to see what will be available on the 19th!? I was a little shocked to see that GTA locations don't open until 10am :p[/QUOTE]
I think all Roger's open at 10.

Well, just got a PS3 so I'm hoping I can get some decent games for it. If anyone's in Ottawa (preferably Kanata), let me know.

[quote name='Kekumba']Well, just got a PS3 so I'm hoping I can get some decent games for it. If anyone's in Ottawa (preferably Kanata), let me know.[/quote]

I'm in Ottawa.... I'll likely be at one of the Kanata Rogers at opening Friday morning.

my secret santa at work today gave me a $25 Rogers gift card, looks like I will be heading over to Rogers afterall sometime after work on Friday, hope there is still something left on the shelf worth playing by then

does anyone have confirmation either from a site or ad that it is 19-23 i went to my local rogers and he said the 23rd. just cutting it close for me i just want to pick up a few wii games for little brother before Christmas hoping to get Brawl and SM Galaxy

I'll be trying a couple of Rogers for some stuff but we are expected to get a snow storm on Friday. Transit strike will make it worse on the road.

[quote name='Christonian']does anyone have confirmation either from a site or ad that it is 19-23 i went to my local rogers and he said the 23rd. just cutting it close for me i just want to pick up a few wii games for little brother before Christmas hoping to get Brawl and SM Galaxy[/quote]

yeah i would like to know if there is confirmation as well.

all of this talk on CAG and RFD but neither site seems to provide a link or scan.

Sweet I gonna check the RV on Austin (Closest one to where I lived). Hopefully I can find a copy of Uncharted. Does anyone know that they ususally put games in a basket or on shelves?

I asked the store clerks today and they said it starts 19th (tomorrow). If you want hard confirmation though...I've got nothing for ya.

Heyo, if anyone in the Toronto area picks up an extra of any of the following games, please let me know :eek:

PS3
CoD5: WaW
Valkyria Chronicles
Fallout 3
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Dead Space

Thanks a bunch! :D

Yeah, I asked tonight in the Kanata Centrum Rogers and they said it's on from the 19th to the 22nd.

Anyone care to explain how pulling games works (like, asking them to pull games for you)? 'Cause the selection was pretty poor.

You could just ask them if they're able to pull off any games from the rental shelf that they have extra stock of. Never done it myself.

[quote name='ricenice']Rogers Video is doing 2/$40 on all previously played games starting December 19.

Confirmed Canada Wide.

If you're a Star Rewards member buy a $30 gift card and get 10 bonus points.

Use the $30GC to buy the 2/40 games and you pretty much get a free rental.

Buy 2 $30GC's buy 4/80 and use the points to get $10 off!!

EDIT: Promo is from Dec 19-Dec 23

Lets make this sweeter. Dec 24 to i can't remember.

2/$40 + a FREE PPG valued $9.99

Yes this is official. I just can't remember the exact dates.

There aren't much $9.99 games for PS3 but there should be a good amount for 360 and Wii.

Good Hunting!!!

Selection will vary.

FAQ:

Star Rewards:
http://www.rogersplus.ca/myaccount/welcome.asp
It costs 10 bucks. If you sign up you get 12 bonus points.

Return Policy:
Within 30 days IF defective.

Price Adjustment:
Can we buy them full price today and get a refund for them once they go on sale next week?
NO![/QUOTE]

We can actually have them hold things for us in these kinds of sales, and use the "discount" price? I would have thought they wouldn't do that!

...now I'm getting really paranoid and anxious for tomorrow morning to see if the goodies I want are still there D:

Called Rogers at Arbutus and Broadway, the guy said it starts Tuesday. I'm going there at opening anyway because I think he's lying. Then again, I think everybody is lying.

I'm thinking the deal is on Tuesday, since 3/3 of the employees I've spoken to (2 of them being friends) have stated it starts then. I rented a movie to return inconspicuously tomorrow though just to be sure.

Does anyone in Etobicoke know which of the Rogers is best?

I often stop by the Bloor/Royal York location and it seems like all they ever have is a stack of The Darkness and Turok. Is the Dundas/Royal York location any better?

I think a year ago I went to the Kipling and Dixie location (I think that's the intersection?), and they had a ton of great stuff. Seems like no one ever goes there. If you're willing to head up that way, you'll likely have a good amount of success.

I would try this but with the storm coming tomorrow, it's not worth the hassle for me.

[quote name='DMPugh']I think a year ago I went to the Kipling and Dixie location (I think that's the intersection?), and they had a ton of great stuff. Seems like no one ever goes there. If you're willing to head up that way, you'll likely have a good amount of success.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I assume you mean Kipling and Dixon? There is also a location in Mississauga at Dixie and Burnhamthorpe...

[quote name='gamer602']nope,
I go to SFU[/quote]

Damn dude. Looks like we got fucked. This was posted by someone from RFD

Was at the rogers in burnaby at hastings and kensington and saw a hoarder with probably 20 games with a lot of them being the same titles like far cry 2 and fallout 3. There we no signs of the sale. I quickly mentioned he had a few of the same titles and he was waiting for the sale. He got mad and stormed off but purchases all those games. Pretty bare now. Probably getting a price adjustment wheb the sale starts.

For Etobicoke.

Royal York and Dundas is sucky only because they never pull the hot games by the time the sale is on so their selection is never varied (like they were going to pull brawl and then didn't) Royal York and Bloor is just terrible for this sale as well due to it being next to a subway. The better Rogers Video is Kipling/Albion if you're willing to bus drive up there and Missisauga usually is not hoarded.

I have had some okay luck with the people at the RY/B one just because they like me and will sometimes pull things for me.

I might just have enough time to pop into mine before I head into work tomorrow. They had some pretty good stuff when I went in to have a look tonight. Fingers crossed the sale is actually on tomorrow, because I definitely won't get into a Rogers after tomorrow morning, waaaaay too busy.

This is starting in Winnipeg on the 19th, I hear.

The Meadowood store has already set some games aside for a few kids, even though they weren't supposed to.

I hope I can find Motorstorm 2 and R2 and maybe NHL 09 for the triple or even Uncharted.

And the damn busses ain't working here in Ottawa, fucking greedy bastards.

Oh shit son. I guess it's on (maybe even like Donkey Kong). But in all seriousness those of you in Vancouver, get there early or it's in a RFD'ers hands.

EDIT: I was just looking at the Rogers site, when it caught my eye that with a 15 star reward point payment you can receive another years membership on your card, and now with 30 points you can receive a free Blu-Ray PV movie. This added to the points that are given for gift card purchases (10 points for a $30 Gift card) and with $90 (roughly 4 games) of GC's then you get more than enough for a free BR movie.

With the inevitable amount of cash that is to be soon dropped at this store I figured these things should be kept in mind

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tymcg']This added to the points that are given for gift card purchases (10 points for a $30 Gift card) ...[/quote]

Is this the same deal they had before, where you buy a $30 gift card, and get 10 points? If so, it's once-per-card, I believe.

been doing some calling around the Ottawa area, haven't found any place with PS3: Mercs 2, Dead Space, Motorstorm, NHL 09 or 360: Fable 2, NHL 09.

Also, looks like South Keys had an inside job done on it. I was there last night before they closed and they had MGS4, SaintsRow 2, Star Wars, Bioshock. Called before they opened and they say they don't have any of those now.

from rfd:
Called the two Kanata stores. They both got cleaned out shortly after opening. I was hoping to pick up Left 4 Dead and Resistance 2.

Great success at the Guelph location by Stone Road Mall. Picked up Motorstorm 2, Midnight Club LA, Tomb Raider Underworld, and Saints Row 2. There were more copies of those last three for both platforms, if anyone's in the area, as well as Animal Crossing City Folk, Fable II, Brothers in Arms HH, Endwar, and a few other good ones that I've forgotten. Move fast though, the clerk at the counter said that she'd sold like 20 games in the first half hour of the store's opening.

Edit: they also had quite a few copies of Far Cry (PS3) and Soulcalibur (360).

I just walked through a blizzard to get to the Rogers video near pape and danforth in Toronto. the only games worth the sale I saw were

- Star Wars Force Unleashed
- MX vs ATV Unleashed
- Far Cry 2

All for PS3

I didn't see a sign in the store saying 2 for 40 though, just a pile of used games, saying from 9.99. Would the sale still be on even though there are no signs?

I went to my local Roger's last night to check out what they had. The newest game on the shelf was SC 4 for the 360.
I'm not bothering to be there at open for this sale.

I think someone else may have said it, but if someone encounters an extra copy of Valkyria Chronicles, I wouldn't mind picking it up from them.

Well, I scoped out the Etobicoke locations and suprise, suprise there was almost nothing to be had.

The best I found was Dundas/Royal York which had a copy of Fallout, a few End War and Wii Music. Good hunting!

I might check out the Rogers by my work today, but considering they never have anything decent it's probably not worth it. I also shouldn't be spending this $40 anyways... but picking up a few decent titles would be cool (if they actually have them).

just came back from the Winnipeg Mcleod store. checked out the PS3 games.

Motorstorm2 3 copies
Farcry2 3
Saints Row2 3
Bioshock 1
Force unleashed 3
End War 3

and there were some other less memorable games.

If anyone is interested in Far Cry 2 I'd sell it $20 +2 shipping paypal. or if you live in Wpg $20

*Far Cry has been sold*

bread's done
Back