[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 from December 19th to January 31st (dead)

if anybody lives around richmond hill, and have either have far cry 2, fallout 3 , or prince of persia, please contact me :(

oh and ill check some rogers in the richmond hill area...

[quote name='Rocha70']from rfd:
Called the two Kanata stores. They both got cleaned out shortly after opening. I was hoping to pick up Left 4 Dead and Resistance 2.[/quote]

Well, sucks for that guy, as I hid Resistance 2 behind some movies at the Centrum location last night. Dick move on my part, but I knew I wouldn't get there at opening which would screw me over. And it did.. there was nothing there. So I grabbed Resistance from my hiding spot and got them to pull MGS4 for me.

Not so lucky at the store just off Eagleson. Had some clown (and seriously, this guy even looked like one with his goofy ass looking hair) with 15 games in his hand. I just turned around and walked out.

*sigh* Both the two GTA locations I went to, didn't have the sale :(
If anyone and can pick up an extra copy either Bioshock or COD:WAW for PS3, I'll buy them off you.

Went to Kipling and Dixon first. Was a total bust.

Then went to Kipling and Albion where some guy was already explaining the deal to an employee there. We came SO CLOSE to having her do the deal for brand new games, but at the last second she called another store and got the scoop. I had Resistance 2 and Socom (with headset) ready to go. But yeah, I picked up Motorstorm: Pacific Rift and Tom Clancy's EndWar, both for PS3.

Finally went to Dundas and Royal York and I think they literally had one PS3 game, which wasn't even in a PS3 case.

Soooooooo....if anyone wants:

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Tom Clancy's EndWar (PS3)

I am looking for Resistance 2, Valkyria Chronicles, and Uncharted. Let me know if we can work out a trade. I'm also on GameTZ (username Iced) if anyone wants to check my trade history (also have 100% feedback on ebay under username CoryBadd).

I picked up Force Unleashed and Fallout 3. Manager had taken away my held copy and hid it in the Xbox (old xbox) section but I looked and found it anyway. Employees in mentioned that the Managers probably will be upset but then said who cares if hes upset since I had gotten it held before anyway.

Force Unleashed if anyone in Toronto wants it I'll swap for any of these. (I may wanna do the Jedi Temple DLC before I swap though.)

Also ran into DMpugh at the royalyork/bloor location. God there was nothing there...

Last Remnant
Infinite Undiscovery
Quantum of Solace 360
Chocobo's Dungeon Wii
Tales of Symphonia Wii
Harvest Moon Wii

I hit up Capilano in Edm.

Not much for PS3. I grabbed R2 and Midnight Club. There was a copy of COD WAW, Far Cry 2 and Starwars Unleashed.

I noticed Wii Music, plus there was about 20 copies of Fallout 3 for Xbox360.

I went to the Kanata location near the Real Canadian Super Store shortly after opening there were a lot of guys there just clearing out the place of games. I got what I wanted Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Wii music (for my sons). But I wouldn't bother going there unless you wanted something no one else wants on the 360. The PS3 games were mostly gone by the time I left at 10:30.

Just got back from Rogers Plus on Austin Ave. These are roughly estimate by the time I left:

PS3:
Far Cry 2...3
SW force unleashed...1
MS Pacific Rift...2
Soul Calibur...3
DMC4...2
and some misc. games

Xbox360:
007 QoS..2
Fallout 3...1 (I know alot ppl want these LOL)
Endwar...1 or 2 not sure
and other misc games I really didnt check the selection in detail sorry... :)

[quote name='catalyst777']I hit up Capilano in Edm.

Not much for PS3. I grabbed R2 and Midnight Club. There was a copy of COD WAW, Far Cry 2 and Starwars Unleashed.

I noticed Wii Music, plus there was about 20 copies of Fallout 3 for Xbox360.[/quote]

Did you notice much else for 360? I don't need Fallout 3 (I'd give a copy as a gift actually... but is it shady to give a used game as a gift?), but I'd love Far Cry 2 or CODWW (I imagine what you saw was ps3 only?) .... or anything recent really.

I spent this morning going through several Rogers in Ottawa. The ones near my home had nothing as usual.

The ones down in Barrhaven did have some games. I picked up Saints Row 2, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, GTA4 and Soul Caliber IV for the PS3. I was too late to pick up BioShock for the PS3; some other customer snagged it. There was also a hoarder at the first store, although all the games he bought seemed to be 360 versions.

I plan to see what the trade in values are for all of them but GTA4 and use them to pick up Fallout 3, the game I really was hoping to pick up.

I'm not going to beat around the bush for the rest of this sale. It's probably too late everywhere else.

The whole top rack was full of 360 games. I think everything but Gears 2 and COD WW was there. Lots of Far Cry 2, Fracture, Pure, Silent Hill etc.

As a side note they didn't have the 2 for $40 sign up yet, but if you ask the manager he'd be happy to ring them in for you.

Did you happen to check out the Downtown location yet? I'm hoping to get Motorstorm Pacific Rift...

BTW, my copy of Midnight Club came shrink wrapped, so I'm sure some of the Fallout 3's would be also. So that might make it a little less shady! haha

[quote name='craig64']Did you notice much else for 360? I don't need Fallout 3 (I'd give a copy as a gift actually... but is it shady to give a used game as a gift?), but I'd love Far Cry 2 or CODWW (I imagine what you saw was ps3 only?) .... or anything recent really.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I stopped in at 3 rogers videos in calgary and couldn't find anything good! :cry: Mostly old games that no one wants, about 6-10 months old. I was really looking for Fable 2 and Valkeria Chronicles. The guy in front of me in the dalhousie store bought the last Fable 2. Anybody have any luck in calgary for Valkeria chronicles that wants to sell it? ;)

[quote name='catalyst777']The whole top rack was full of 360 games. I think everything but Gears 2 and COD WW was there. Lots of Far Cry 2, Fracture, Pure, Silent Hill etc.

As a side note they didn't have the 2 for $40 sign up yet, but if you ask the manager he'd be happy to ring them in for you.

Did you happen to check out the Downtown location yet? I'm hoping to get Motorstorm Pacific Rift...

BTW, my copy of Midnight Club came shrink wrapped, so I'm sure some of the Fallout 3's would be also. So that might make it a little less shady! haha[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, I may actually give it a check after work. I just went Downtown now, and they have nothing worthwhile at all. On PS3 they may have had a copy of Pure, they had a few copies of Soul Calibur 4, and... that's actually about it. 360 they had End War, Brothers in Arms, Fracture, Nascar 09, Star Wars, and Civilization... but nothing too too exciting. No signs up, but I'm sure they'd do it if you asked.

[quote name='DMPugh']If you want Pacific Rift, I could trade you mine for Resistance 2... :whistle2:D[/quote]

haha sorry, R2 was my priority. Too bad they only had 1 copy...

i got to my rogers like 10 minutes after opening and this bastard RFD hoarder totally cleared the store out. Normally i wouldnt have a cared but he was buying multiple copies of Fallout 3 and MK vs. DC and thats what i really wanted.

Only good games left at Victoria & 41st are Grand Theft Auto IV (360) and Super Mario Galaxy. I got nothing. I asked if they could pull but they said they weren't able to. Oh well.

Another guy was there and had 4 PS3 games in hand. They seemed decent. Tomb Raider and some other stuff. Hopefully he's gonna enjoy them!

[quote name='afterburn999']i got to my rogers like 10 minutes after opening and this bastard RFD hoarder totally cleared the store out. Normally i wouldnt have a cared but he was buying multiple copies of Fallout 3 and MK vs. DC and thats what i really wanted.[/quote]

Which Toronto store was this?

All the hoarders always seem to be in Toronto.

Anybody in Edmonton seen Mirror's Edge? I'm stuck at work today, no more deliveries and won't be able to make it in..If somebody could pick it up or help me out somehow, that'd be appreciated..SEnd me a pm, if possible. Thanks.

If anyone in the GTA (esp. Richmond Hill) sees any of these games, give me a pm, please? (I'll be going out tomorrow)

Super Mario [anything] wii
NHL 09 or Madden 09 wii
Any Call of Duty or similar war-like game for the wii
Silent Hill Origins ps3
Raving Rabbids TV

Thanks

[quote name='afterburn999']i got to my rogers like 10 minutes after opening and this bastard RFD hoarder totally cleared the store out. Normally i wouldnt have a cared but he was buying multiple copies of Fallout 3 and MK vs. DC and thats what i really wanted.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask him for a copy. I got bold near the end and asked one guy with a pile 1 1/2 feet tall if I could have his copy of Wii Music if all he was going to do was trade it in. He was nice enough to say yes :) But the sales man just said wait a second I'll pull you a copy from the rental section, Wii music never rents.

Just getting to my closest Rogers got me stuck in two snowbanks... but I managed to get a few decent games:

Chrono Trigger DS
Animal Crossing City Folk Wii
Mercenaries 2 360
Disgaea 3 PS3

They had Endwar for PS3 but i wasn't sure if it's any good... And a Bunch of Mario everything games (Sluggers, Strikers...etc.)

[quote name='halcyon1234']If anyone in the GTA (esp. Richmond Hill) sees any of these games, give me a pm, please? (I'll be going out tomorrow)

Super Mario [anything] wii
NHL 09 or Madden 09 wii
Any Call of Duty or similar war-like game for the wii
Silent Hill Origins ps3
Raving Rabbids TV

Thanks[/quote]

if i can get through this snow and not die, ill try to look those for you.

Edmonton, Northgate
Xbox 360
-Fallout 3 x2
-Pure

Edmonton, Clareview
Xbox 360
-Soul Calibur 4 xalot
-Battlefield Bad Company xalot
-Ninja Gaiden II x2

PS3
-Fallout 3
-Bioshock
-Pure x4
-Soul Calibur 4 xalot

I'm sure there was more at Clareview but I'm having a hard time remembering. I was going to get Fallout 3 and Pure at Northgate but they didn't know anything about the 2 for 40. I asked them to check but no luck. Sucks cause it's fucking cold today and went for nothing. And I wanted Fallout 3. :( Didn't bother picking anything up at Clareview. Either have it (I'm not much of a hoarder) or not interested.

I want FarCry 2 and Fallout 3! Gimme, gimme! Arghh I don't want to go outside again lol

Hey bs000, if you check the previous page catalyst777 says Capilano has like 20 copies of Fallout 3. I might check it today, but I probably wont to be honest with you. I'd love to pick up some games, but it's just too freaking cold! I'll probably go on Sunday and hope there's still some stuff there.

[quote name='craig64']Hey bs000, if you check the previous page catalyst777 says Capilano has like 20 copies of Fallout 3. I might check it today, but I probably wont to be honest with you. I'd love to pick up some games, but it's just too freaking cold! I'll probably go on Sunday and hope there's still some stuff there.[/quote]

I know. He said there was a copy of Far Cry 2 there too. I was hoping he'd pick them up for me. Then go to my house and take the money from the mailbox and put the games in the mailbox so I don't have to open the door. Then I'd pick them up when it gets a little warmer. :D Then that's when I'd discover he took off with the money and the games. :(

Haha. I'd love some door to door service. Rogers should start door to door 2/$40 service... I'd totally be up for that. -35 with the wind chill is just a bit too cold for my liking though.

Nothing to be had at Guildford (152 & 104) in Surrey. Clerk said they were not pulling newer titles until after Christmas.

Central City (King George) location was picked clean of the newer titles except for Red Alert 3 and GTA IV (both for 360)

Also, I find it hilarious/redundant whenever they mention that it's 2/$40 for everything $19.99 and up.

For anyone who actually picks up two games worth $9.99 or $14.99 and tries to get the 2/$40 deal: I....I have no words.....:lol:

The Weather is nasty in Kitchener, still clearing the roads, luckly my brother was heading out to pick something up at the pharmacy and Rogers in on the way, went to the Ottawa & River location and they had a good selection, nothing major but here is what I could remember

Xbox360

Fracture (a few of them)
Force Unleased (alot)
Legendary (just 1)
Saints Row 2 (just 1)
Red Alert 3 (just 1)
Silent Hill (a couple)
Rock Band 2 (just 1)
Fable 2 (a couple)
Tomb Raider (about 3)
Lego Batman (a couple)
Endwar (alot)
Brothers in Arms (1 left)
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (had 2)

PS3

Fallout 3 (just 1)
Socom (about 3)
Motorstorm 2 (a couple)
pure (a couple)
Brothers in Arms (a couple)
Overlord (just 1)
Rock Band 2 (1 I think)
Rock Revolution (does it matter how many, not worth any price)
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 (just 1)

Thats all I can remember, I used my $25 Secret Santa Gift Card I got from work and picked up FarCry 2 (sorry think it was the only one for 360) and Brothers in Arms for 360, was VERY tempted to pick up more but my wallet can't handle much more, anyway hope this helps someone, and horders leave a little for the others eh!

I think next time, to prevent hoarding, there should be a 4 game limit. I doubt Rogers would even bother enforcing a rule, though. Then again, only the 2 Rogers in the Southern part of Ottawa (Barrhaven) had anything to offer.

SC4 and Pacific Rift completely covered the trade-in for Fallout 3 so I'm happy. I got the game I wanted.

[quote name='janlazer']Anybody in Edmonton seen Mirror's Edge? I'm stuck at work today, no more deliveries and won't be able to make it in..If somebody could pick it up or help me out somehow, that'd be appreciated..SEnd me a pm, if possible. Thanks.[/quote]
No. Know the content of most Rogers (friends around the city) and no one has seen Mirror's Edge or Left 4 Dead.

Or perhaps they got there post hoarder-raping.

I managed to snag NHL09 and Disgaea3. Is Soul Calibur really that bad? I've seen 1000 copies per store for months...

I got Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Guitar Hero 4, and Pacific Rim.

There were still tons of good games left, I just wish I had more money.

Oak and 15th didn't have any signs, but I asked the CSR and she said she'd scan them and see if the promotion would be on. Nothing I wanted though.

Wii:
FF Chocobo
Metroid Prime 3 (stickered $19.99)

PS3:
TNA Impact
GRID
The Club
Overlord
Bourne

360:
Battlefield BC x2
Soul Calibur IV
End War
Ninja Gaiden II
Brother In Arms HH

Holy crap it's cold. Picked up Fable 2 and Resistance 2 from FlyingSoLow on RFD. Went to EB and got Armored Core for my friend. A friend was able to get Valkyria Chronicles for me. Then went to EA to do an NFS focus test and got Dead Space.

Good day although I did strike out at the locations I personally visited.

I picked up Silent Hill Homecoming for 360 to get a second game. If anyone wants to trade for it, let me know. I have both a PS3 and 360.

If anyone spots any of the following games, please let me know (by posting and, if you can, PM but if not, s,okay). I hope to go by my Rogers today or a different one somewhere depending on where I'm at but I'm looking forward to maybe finding at least ONE of the following:
- Wii Music
- Mario Super Sluggers
- Wario Land: Shake It
- Super Paper Mario
- Endless Ocean
- Big Brain Academy: WD

That would be most appreciated. Seems like a lot of people are finding Wii Music though so let's hope that's the same case with me! :O

BTW, has anyone found any worthwhile DS games?

Checked out the Douglasdale Rogers in Calgary.

Used 360 stuff was really picked over (Damn you earlybirds!)

I grabbed Force Unleashed, Tom Clancy's Endwar

However there was a TON of PS3 stuff, Fallout 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Quantom of Solace.. lots.

i called one (of my two) local stores (burlington, ontario area) and they said they hadn't heard of the deal. if i go in and tell them it's on in toronto and ottawa, etc, do you think it'll work? can certain stores not do certain sales? is there an online ad i can print out and take in? i've skimmed this thread but haven't seen it.

if i take two games up, will they scan at 2/40 automatically?

just curious...there's a few games i'm looking for, but i'm not going into toronto to look for them.

I lucked out yesterday and get almost every game I had been holding out getting since the end of summer:

Wii: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
360: Gears of War 2, Ninja Gaiden II
PS3: Resistance 2, Bioshock, EndWar, Star Wars Force Unleashed, FarCry 2, Fallout 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

The only ones I couldn't find that I had hope to were NHL 09 (360) & Left 4 Dead (360). What a great little sale.

Went by the Rogers in Oakville at Third Line and Upper Middle beside the beer store.

Picked up a few games for myself/brothers:

PS3: End War, Soulcalibur 4
Xbox 360: Fallout 3, Star Wars Force Unleashed

They still had quite a few games out.

Xbox 360: Far Cry 2, NHL 09 x4, Madden 09 x4, Tiger Woods 09
PS3: Force Unleashed, Soul Calibur 4
Wii: WiiMusic

That's what I can remember, first time I've ever gotten anything I've wanted, usually been pretty pick over.

I went to Capilano (Edmonton), and I got myself Guitar Hero World Tour and Far Cry 2. On 360 there was:
Brothers In Arms (2)
Saints Row 2 (1)
End War (1 or 2)
WWE 2009
Tiger Woods 09
Star Wars Force Unleashed (3 or 4)
Fallout 3 (1)
Soul Calibur 4 (several)
Supreme Commander (1)
Mercenaries 2 (3)

There were quite a few more, but nothing that really jumped out at me. I got the last copy of FC2 and GHWT though, so hopefully no one else wanted them too badly. I looked at PS3 games but they only had like 3 games, and none of them were worth mentioning. I didn't even check Wii, as I haven't touched it in months.

Whew, what a day! I was at the Rogers on Broadway and Arbutus at 10:00. They had nothing, and after talking to the manager, he offered to pull any of the 7 day rentals for me, but there was still nothing. I got to the one at York and Yew at around 10:30, and they told me it started Tuesday.
Thursday night, I called in a favour from my brother and got him to go to Davie and Cardero for 10:00. He whines about how early it is, but I told him that at exactly 10:00, someone is going to go straight for the game section and take anything remotely good. He gets there at 10:01, and there's someone with a fat stack of games in their arms and left nothing good. He asked the manager to pull a few games, and got me a copy of gears 2, and bully for himself. He also said there was a bunch of copies of Too Human left, but I'm assuming no one wants those. If anyone finds Saint's Row 2 in Vancouver, let me know.

bread's done
Back