[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 from December 19th to January 31st (dead)

[quote name='Firestorm']If they say it's not on just grab the January issue of eplus and show then the details in it...

Ren, did you see little big planet anywhere?[/quote]

No LBP anywhere in the surrey-guildford-delta area. They're still pulling games every week at the regular times though.

[quote name='Firestorm']I just picked up Fallout 3 and MK vs DC for a friend. Location still has Fallout 3, Last Remnant, and NHL 09 for 360 left. They also have Resistance 2, Mario Galaxy, and Animal Crossing.

I guess RFD doesn't know it's on til Jan 31st?[/quote]

Which location did you find those games?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']its not in the flyer.

go to RogersPlus website,

go to Promo.

and it saids there, expires at 31st.

its still going on.[/quote]

[quote name='rogersplus']
Offer ends January 31, 2009. Selection varies by store. While supplies last. Available at select locations. Offer not valid online. See staff for details.[/quote]

It's YMMV.

[quote name='Ren01']No LBP anywhere in the surrey-guildford-delta area. They're still pulling games every week at the regular times though.[/quote]
Ah ok. I only ever get a chance to check out Victoria & 41st and Surrey Central =/

[quote name='IMPREZA']Which location did you find those games?[/quote]
Surrey Central.

Signs are up--selection is a joke.

I'm sure the shrew who runs the place is holding off on any pulls until the sale ends. Actually, that's exactly what she told me. Always a pleasure to deal with that one...

[quote name='collector42']Signs are up--selection is a joke.

I'm sure the shrew who runs the place is holding off on any pulls until the sale ends. Actually, that's exactly what she told me. Always a pleasure to deal with that one...[/quote]

Try the RV in Sherwood, on Wye Road..If you deal with one of the guys who work there, you'll be able to pull off the shelves..That's how me and my buddy snagged Tomb Raider Underworld, Fallout 3, GH:WT, NHL:09, Quantum of Solace and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.

Two weeks ago, I nearly had Prince of Persia and Saint's Row 2, but a woman was working there and she squelched the guy who was gonna give 'em to me. :(

And yet again, I rule at this deal! lol. Went to Rogers while on a run today and got:

Prince of Persia (360)
Rise of the Argonauts (360)

I think tomorrow I'll try that good location one more time to see if they restocked. Probably my last chance until the next sale. If I see anything good, I'll let the others know.

Just to let you guys know there are 16 Rogers Plus stores closing across Canada, and if you find one they have buy one get one free on all their used games and movies, plus you pay for the cheaper title and get the more expensive one for free. So far I was able to get:

Gundam Crossfire(PS3)-$9.99
Scene It? Box Office Smash(360)-Free
Blitz the League (360)-$14.99
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 09(PS3)-Free
Destroy All Humans(360)-$29.99
Lego Indiana Jones(PS3)-Free
Mario Superstar Baseball(Gamecube)-$9.99
Star Wars The Force Unleashed(PS3)-Free
MVP Baseball 07(PS2)-$5.99
TNA iMPACT(PS3)-Free

Also picked up some movies for cheap.

[quote name='zeze']Just to let you guys know there are 16 Rogers Plus stores closing across Canada, and if you find one they have buy one get one free on all their used games and movies, plus you pay for the cheaper title and get the more expensive one for free. So far I was able to get:

TNA iMPACT(PS3)-Free

Also picked up some movies for cheap.[/quote]

Where are you in Canada? I wonder if any store in Ottawa is closing....

By the way, do you still need the Gundam Crossfire manual? It doesn't necessarily be paypal.

The sale is still going on at the Woodroffe Avenue location in Barrhaven. They had Xbox 360 versions of Prince Of Persia and the recently released Rise Of The Argonauts as well as Mass Effect and Too Human. They also had another copy of Resistance 2.

I picked up PS3 Eternal Sonata and, believe it or not, PS3 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR!!!! $20 for the hottest multi-console game around? Wow!!

So if that guy lamenting about no Resistance 2 the last time around or anyone else is reading this, you have another chance.

Again, don't bother with the other Rogers here. Just go back to this one every week and maybe the other Barrhaven location on Greenbank. The rest probably stopped long ago or never even had anything to offer even on December 19.

I live in Calgary, but I know the Roger's Video Plus store in Kanata is closing down, but apprently they don't have mush left. In Mississauga the Rogers is closing in Longos Plaza. The Rogers at Centre and New Westminster in Thornhill is closing down. Someone on RFD said the graville and st. albans location in Richmond, BC is closing down. The selection in most the stores now proably suck though.

Danthemightyone, I am still looking for a Gundam Crossfire Instruction Manual.

[quote name='zeze']Just to let you guys know there are 16 Rogers Plus stores closing across Canada, and if you find one they have buy one get one free on all their used games and movies, plus you pay for the cheaper title and get the more expensive one for free. So far I was able to get:

TNA iMPACT(PS3)-Free

Also picked up some movies for cheap.[/quote]

I know one is the Royal York and Dundas location in Etobicoke. Good luck finding anything, however, as I'm pretty sure they're moving everything to the Bloor location so the shelves are pretty much bare (and this was last week).

Has taken down all their signs and the harpy has instructed her staff not to scan in the 2/40 code.

Oh, and they pulled a number of good games including 3xGOW2. Sorry, can't remember the rest (I already had them--didn't commit them to memory).

I was at RY and Dundas got some great finds.

106 tax included for
Rescue Me season 4
Lost season 3
Heroes Season 2
Harvest Moon Wii
Force Unleashed PS3
Bully 360
God of war 2 2 disc edition
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Cloverfield
Gitaroo Man PSP
Corner Gas Season 1

is 2 for 40 actually on because I was at Royal and Bloor yesterday and they said nothing was on. Which sucked because they finally pulled Chocobos Dungeon wii. Gonna try again tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Firestorm']Show them the ePlus flyer. It's still on.[/quote]
It's YMMV. The small print reads "select stores" or something like that.

Man I love Roger's! Picked up Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM, Disgaea 3, for $40, and got Grandia 3 for free! On top of that I used star reward points to take a further $30 off and used a GC on the difference. They seem to be pulling lots of PS2 games at my location, I notably saw KH2, Valkyrie Profile 2, .hack GU 1, and xenosaga 2 for all $9.99 each, and maybe 7 copies of the limited steelcase edition of Halo 3 for the 2 for 40's with some not to shabby wii games (city folk, sonic unleashed, etc.) Post if you want me to get you a game and ship, or PM if you want the location.

so last week i made a trip into rogers, picked up fallout 3 and gears of war 2, no 9.99 game they had like hannah montana and i really just didn't care.

anwyays at the cash i ask the nice young lady to take 20 points off for 10$ off. "we cant do that, these are used games"

im puzzled, ive done this points thing numerous times, swapping 20 points for 10$ off , so i tell her this. "oh they were wrong"

ok i didn't get too heated up, but i was unpleased, but still got the games. I get home and file a complaint on their site just explaining the situation and wanting to know i'm right because as said before, i do this 20 point for 10$ off frequently. I filed this at 10pm

next morning i get a call from another rogers. I explain it was at a different one, she says oh okay the email didnt say, i will talk to their manager. 2 minutes later i get a call from the rogers it happend at.

Basically she said sorry, you're right, i cant give you the 10$ off because the transaction already happend, no big deal. But, she offered me any preview game I want, no matter what the cost. I gladly accepted and just emphasised that i wasnt mad, just wanted to make sure her staff was informed because Star Rewards is basically scan the card, press a button and it gives you options.

Very prompt, i wasnt even expecting an email from them let alone 2 phone calls just 12 hours after I emailed.

@PuppetYuber- There are PV tags on the games (I have seen many types so I couldn't clarify the look), and I'm in BC.

So tempted to do another Roger's run today, but I've already got 32 (different!) games because of not only this sale, but a few kijiji moments....Sooo backlogged...lol.

I was surprised to see anything at the Rogers in Belleville, but they had a copy of Prince of Persia(PS3) and Smackdown vs. Raw 2009(360), nothing else in the bin that even had a price tag higher than $19.99 so the 2 for 40 is nonexistant there now

Winnipeg Pembina, Picked up Gears 2 and Animal Crossing

I Showed the guy at the desk the flyer and he put it in as 2/40

Not alot left... Far Cry 2, SVR 09 and Fallout 3. Also some other crap

wow, i completely forgot about this deal 0_0, maybe there will be hope of me finding Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia for the Ps3 for 40 dollars.

...... when does this Deal end?>!

I went to my Local Rogers and i got extremely LUCKY today, this was by far my best snag at the 2/40 sale ever.

I asked to manager if i could get a game pullled, i told him i wanted Afro Samurai + Saints Row 2 and he was really nice and he said sure, we have a bunch of them.

[quote name='afterburn999']I went to my Local Rogers and i got extremely LUCKY today, this was by far my best snag at the 2/40 sale ever.

I asked to manager if i could get a game pullled, i told him i wanted Afro Samurai + Saints Row 2 and he was really nice and he said sure, we have a bunch of them.[/quote]

I say this because I am green with envy:

You suck. lol.

Afro Samurai....Not a huge deal to me, but I've been trying to locate Saint's Row 2 and been strikin' out every time..Ah well. Good job, mang!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']wow, i completely forgot about this deal 0_0, maybe there will be hope of me finding Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia for the Ps3 for 40 dollars.

...... when does this Deal end?>![/quote]

Hey Bencherstyle, are you aware that you can get Far Cry 2 for 2 for $30 at Zellers? Its a better deal than 2 for 40.

[quote name='awworld']Hey Bencherstyle, are you aware that you can get Far Cry 2 for 2 for $30 at Zellers? Its a better deal than 2 for 40.[/quote]

lol, yup, i know, go to that thread, i posted there about how they were sold out..... ;'((((((

[quote name='Spades22']Where is this flyer? Link anyone? :D[/quote]

Its the one they have instore... second last page lol :p

[quote name='janlazer']I say this because I am green with envy:

You suck. lol.

Afro Samurai....Not a huge deal to me, but I've been trying to locate Saint's Row 2 and been strikin' out every time..Ah well. Good job, mang![/quote]

Hey if you want Saints Row 2 for ps3, my rogers has a copy, If you want we could slpit the cost, cause they have another game i wanted there.

[quote name='afterburn999']Hey if you want Saints Row 2 for ps3, my rogers has a copy, If you want we could slpit the cost, cause they have another game i wanted there.[/quote]

The thought's appreciated, but I am a sole console gamer, unfortunately. lol. I just have the 360. Damn lack of disposable income. lol. Thank you!

damn afterburn, you got lucky! my rogers cant even pull a game until a couple rentals on the title have taken place.

the game is ok, but repetitive, cool to see lots of blood though :)

...had a few decent pulls this afternoon. 360--WAW, GOW2, Fallout 3, Tomb Raider, Merc2, Sonic (new lessish crappy one). PS3 - Jason/Argo, Disgaea 3. That's about it that I remember being noteworthy. Sale ends soon--get moving! :D

Still have to get there, but I'm sure by the time I make it, it'll be too late xD (Especially since it's posted on RFD now, heh)

Roger Winnipeg McLeod

I pu Resistance 2 and Tomb Raider Underworld Ps3.

they still had another T R, TC End War, unreal Tournament, Argonauts. ps3

[quote name='Wilme']Finally this deal is back! I think we CAGs should help each other out so all the horders don't take everything. Maybe setup some group guys around the areas we all live in, and list some games you wanted as well. So if people see extra copies, then can pick them up for each other. Let me know if anybody is interested in this concept.[/quote]

dude! fuckin eh! is this whole thing still going down? sorry i've been under a rock for a while

Left 4 Dead was at Victoria & 41st but apparently it was just a box somebody put there instead of on the rental shelf =( They still have like 6 Halo 3 Collector's Editions though.

Surrey Central had Prince of Persia (360) and Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World (Wii).

bread's done
Back