[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 from December 19th to January 31st (dead)

Here was my only Rogers haul:

2 for 40 + 1 9.99 free.
360:
Lost Odyssey
Soul Calibur 4
+ Superman Returns (lol, it's pretty fun)

Picked up Speed Blu-Ray for 14.99

Blockbuster:
PS3
Lair - 24.99 (weird game, PS3 has better graphics than 360? Nope.)

I'll stop by Rogers tomorrow since it is my birthday and I'm hoping for a bit of luck because of that but I'm not holding my breath. Whenever I have gone into my local Rogers they never have anything good anyway.

Me and my buddy did awesome:

Me:
Tomb Raider Underworld (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)

Him:
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (360)
Fallout 3 (360)

Wouldn't do the $9.99 free, though..But I ain't complaining. :D

I'm posting this request for my wife, and she's looking for:
Last Remnant (360/PS3)
Lost Odyssey (360)
for her new 360. If anyone can help that would be wonderful.

But if they don't have both and they have Folklore (PS3), that'd work too.

Will pay cost plus shipping, obviously.

Was anyone able to find Fifa 09 for 360? I would love to get this, but haven't seen it anywhere. I'd be willing to trade or buy for this if anyone can find it.

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but i went to two rogers by me today. they both had small signs in store advertising the sale (2 used games for $40 plus a free $9.99 game). the fine print on both signs said that the sale runs from december 26, 2008 until january 31, 2009. looks like we have a bit more time than we thought. i'm hoping my local stores get restocked soon.

I went to Rogers today to pick up a copy of We Love Golf! that I'd seen on friday, but somebody else already bought it. :cry:
Ah well, I managed to get Brain Age 1 & 2, at least.

[quote name='cm matty']i don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but i went to two rogers by me today. they both had small signs in store advertising the sale (2 used games for $40 plus a free $9.99 game). the fine print on both signs said that the sale runs from december 26, 2008 until january 31, 2009. looks like we have a bit more time than we thought. i'm hoping my local stores get restocked soon.[/quote]

Just took a gander at the online flier and it says the 12th of January..But in either case...YAY! YAY! YAY!

I was able to get Pure and End War for the 360 and MLB Power Pros 08 for the PS2.
I'm pretty happy overall as I loved the demo for Pure but I had hoped to get it on the PS3

Welp, payday is here again..Time to see if I can snag another 4 games from this sale and sneak them into the house past the bosslady. lol.

I can't understand why Rogers would put Dark Knight on the cover of their Boxing Day flyer for the B1G1 deal, when no stores have it used. I have been to three stores (2 in Calgary, 1 in Edmonton), and I asked the lady if they had any and she said the movie is too new to have any copies of it used. Was anyone able to get their hands on this? Ugh.

Why does Rogers have the PS3 deal going until Jan 12th and select PS3 games on sale until Dec 31st?

The $20 off Wii games go until Jan 12th as well.
Two clearance games for $20 goes until Jan 12th.
Two previously played games for $40 goes until Jan 12th.

I was just reading the fine print on their ad.

Snagged two more:

Quantum of Solace (360)
NHL 09 (360)

Was also looking for Dead Space and Madden 09 but no dice on them..Ah well..Saved SOME money anyways. :D

[quote name='craig64']I can't understand why Rogers would put Dark Knight on the cover of their Boxing Day flyer for the B1G1 deal, when no stores have it used. I have been to three stores (2 in Calgary, 1 in Edmonton), and I asked the lady if they had any and she said the movie is too new to have any copies of it used. Was anyone able to get their hands on this? Ugh.[/quote]

I went to the store in Edmonton on Stony Plain road and they had about 10 copies sitting there the day after Boxing Day. They must have had a pretty big rental overstock.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I went to the store in Edmonton on Stony Plain road and they had about 10 copies sitting there the day after Boxing Day. They must have had a pretty big rental overstock.[/quote]

Oh really? I may have to go give that a look. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Firestorm']Anyone know when Rogers closes on New Year's Eve?[/quote]
Should depend on the store. My store always did normal hours on Holidays, which were 11AM - 11PM. Some stores are open later though.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I was able to get Pure and End War for the 360 and MLB Power Pros 08 for the PS2.
I'm pretty happy overall as I loved the demo for Pure but I had hoped to get it on the PS3[/quote]

The one in Sherwood Park (by Wal-Mart, not Baseline) had Pure on the PS3 as of a couple days ago. :)

Regarding The Dark Knight, Sherwood Park Baseline had about 10 or more PV'd as of yesterday as well.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Regarding The Dark Knight, Sherwood Park Baseline had about 10 or more PV'd as of yesterday as well.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll check Capilano out first as it's closer, but if they don't have it I'll definitely head out to either Sherwood Park or Stony Plain.

*edit*
I hate to ask another movie question, but has anyone seen the new X-Files movie used at Rogers yet? I see that it's $10 new at FS, but if I could get it used at Rogers for the B1G1 that would be ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely worth a second (or third) look if you live nearby one. I went back to the same location tonight to pick up Civilization Revolution DS, and they'd done quite a bit of restocking. Managed to grab Silent Hill Homecoming, but there were also a few more good-okay 360 games, and still a tonne of PS3 and DS games.
But long story short, they're restocking as this goes on, so if there's a Rogers that's not out of your way, it's worth swinging by a few times.

I just picked up Fallout 3 and MK vs DC for a friend. Location still has Fallout 3, Last Remnant, and NHL 09 for 360 left. They also have Resistance 2, Mario Galaxy, and Animal Crossing.

I guess RFD doesn't know it's on til Jan 31st?

The sale is still going on. I picked up James Bond 007: Quantum Of Solace and Tomb Raider: Underworld for the PS3 over at the Woodroffe Avenue location in the Barrhaven district of Ottawa. They had one copy each of Resistance 2, Fallout 3 and PES 2009 for the PS3 and some good Xbox 360 titles. This is the only location you should bother trying in the West End of Ottawa, if not the whole city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'll have to check if it's still going on at mine. They didn't have much of anything when I was in on the weekend but they may have pulled some new stuff since then. It's not out of my way, so it's worth a look.

If anybody in the Edmonton/Sherwood Park area has any luck, let me know. I called MillWoods location and they said it was over...

[quote name='lustyhitter']The sale is still going on. I picked up James Bond 007: Quantum Of Solace and Tomb Raider: Underworld for the PS3 over at the Woodroffe Road location in the Barrhaven district of Ottawa. They had one copy each of Resistance 2, Fallout 3 and PES 2009 for the PS3 and some good Xbox 360 titles. This is the only location you should bother trying in the West End of Ottawa, if not the whole city.[/quote]

Thanks! Picked up Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 for the PS3. :)

[quote name='janlazer']If anybody in the Edmonton/Sherwood Park area has any luck, let me know. I called MillWoods location and they said it was over...[/quote]Show them the January e-plus flyer found at every store. Has the details.

[quote name='Rocha70']Thanks! Picked up Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 for the PS3. :)[/quote]

HA! Glad you were able to snag them. LOL I said Woodroffe Road. I meant Woodroffe Avenue. Merivale is the road.

[quote name='Firestorm']Show them the January e-plus flyer found at every store. Has the details.[/quote]

Tried that at an Ancaster location, it didn't fly. They just said it was over and that was that.

[quote name='Rocha70']Thanks! Picked up Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 for the PS3. :)[/quote]

:( I wanted those two and went all the way to Barrhaven on way home from work. I left empty handed T_T

Almost all rogers locations in the lower mainland are participating. two exceptions are the rogers at 152nd and 100 and the evergreen mall location. lots and lots of 360 games at central city, but not many PS3.

If anyone runs in to an extra copy of Disgaea 3 for ps3 I'd gladly buy it off you! :)

Just came from ancaster rogers, picked up cod5 and gears2. On the shelf was still prince of persia and 007:QoS, both for 360.

I dont get you guys.

It is in boththe flyer and the system...

Have them ring up the games....
guess what... The computer knocks them down to 20 each..

Stop arguing with the retail monkeys... More action would be great!

Signs were down at mine. Didn't bother asking about it though, as there was still the nothing there was on the weekend.

[quote name='gamer602']I dont get you guys.

It is in boththe flyer and the system...

Have them ring up the games....
guess what... The computer knocks them down to 20 each..

Stop arguing with the retail monkeys... More action would be great![/quote]

I'm pretty sure it doesn't ring in automatically until they scan the barcode for the deal. I could be wrong, because hell, I couldn't get in on it at Ancaster and someone else did later, but that's just been my experience with it.

[quote name='Opopanax']Which flier are you guys looking at? The one I have just says to the 12th[/quote]

its not in the flyer.

go to RogersPlus website,

go to Promo.

and it saids there, expires at 31st.

its still going on.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']its not in the flyer.

go to RogersPlus website,

go to Promo.

and it saids there, expires at 31st.

its still going on.[/quote]

Huh, I swear that ad wasn't there earlier today. It does say select locations, though.

[quote name='Opopanax']Huh, I swear that ad wasn't there earlier today. It does say select locations, though.[/quote]

lol try your luck on different locations.

i gave up on this Deal since i'm in the year of the GBA games :) damn you Golden sun.

If they say it's not on just grab the January issue of eplus and show then the details in it...

Ren, did you see little big planet anywhere?

[quote name='Bandit64']I'm pretty sure it doesn't ring in automatically until they scan the barcode for the deal. I could be wrong, because hell, I couldn't get in on it at Ancaster and someone else did later, but that's just been my experience with it.[/quote]

The signs were up for 2/$40 when I went to the ancaster store. This was around 4pm-5pm

bread's done
Back