[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 from December 19th to January 31st (dead)

i went to two rogers in the burlington, on area and picked up (all 360):

force unleashed
soul calibur 4
madden 09
nhl 09 (for a friend)

i asked about resistance 2 and littlebigplanet, but was told they aren't allowed to put them out yet. i'll check back in a few days.

Heh, I've spent so much time driving around and getting burned by these Rogers sales in the past, that I didn't even bother this time. Seems like some of you guys scored pretty well though, good for you.

I'll check a couple of stores in Ottawa on Monday since I'll be driving out anyway. Hoping for stuff like Boom Blox, de Blob, and maybe even Wii Music, wouldn't mind that for 20. I don't expect to find anything though.

[quote name='Griptor']Heh, I've spent so much time driving around and getting burned by these Rogers sales in the past, that I didn't even bother this time. Seems like some of you guys scored pretty well though, good for you.

I'll check a couple of stores in Ottawa on Monday since I'll be driving out anyway. Hoping for stuff like Boom Blox, de Blob, and maybe even Wii Music, wouldn't mind that for 20. I don't expect to find anything though.[/quote]

Bank st location must have had a new pull. I picked up NHL 09 (360, really didn't need but this was a filler), FF CC (DS), Midnight Club (PS3) and Endwar (PS3).

I've been told that this is a 3 day (19-21) sale for some Ottawa stores.

[EDIT] McCarthy store is already over. Gilmour and Bank is until tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TealShark']I lucked out yesterday and get almost every game I had been holding out getting since the end of summer:

Wii: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
360: Gears of War 2, Ninja Gaiden II
PS3: Resistance 2, Bioshock, EndWar, Star Wars Force Unleashed, FarCry 2, Fallout 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

The only ones I couldn't find that I had hope to were NHL 09 (360) & Left 4 Dead (360). What a great little sale.[/quote]

You got Brawl?! Kudos to you, man!! Wow. You basically got it for $20! :O

[quote name='TealShark']I lucked out yesterday and get almost every game I had been holding out getting since the end of summer:

Wii: Super Smash Brothers Brawl
360: Gears of War 2, Ninja Gaiden II
PS3: Resistance 2, Bioshock, EndWar, Star Wars Force Unleashed, FarCry 2, Fallout 3, Motorstorm Pacific Rift.

The only ones I couldn't find that I had hope to were NHL 09 (360) & Left 4 Dead (360). What a great little sale.[/quote]
Great haul, man. That should keep you busy for a while :lol:

[quote name='Griptor']Heh, I've spent so much time driving around and getting burned by these Rogers sales in the past, that I didn't even bother this time. Seems like some of you guys scored pretty well though, good for you.

I'll check a couple of stores in Ottawa on Monday since I'll be driving out anyway. Hoping for stuff like Boom Blox, de Blob, and maybe even Wii Music, wouldn't mind that for 20. I don't expect to find anything though.[/quote]

I briefly checked one in Bank and Hunt Club on my way home. There were nothing I wanted but saw Wii Music and de Blob. Hope that helps.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Great haul, man. That should keep you busy for a while :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have never been happier to have a boatload of vacation time built up.

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']You got Brawl?! Kudos to you, man!! Wow. You basically got it for $20! :O[/QUOTE]

I was really surprised to see this one out on the sale rack, especially since I got there about an hour and a half after the store opened.

[quote name='shifty_37']Ancaster:
SCIV
Far Cry 2
QoS
EndWar
Bourne
Tomb Raider

Lots more but can't remember. Wasn't worth the drive.[/quote]
Tomb Raider Underworld or Anniversary?
Either way I think I'll pass, I'm saving up for the sake of saving money now.

Went to the Capilano Mall in North Van. Not much there. A few copies of Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human and Soul Calibur 4, but nothing newer than that unfortunatly.

Got my hands on the Lost Odyssey and Infinite undiscovery at the Rogers on Blundell Road and Garden City in Richmond, BC (visiting family there). Also checked out the other rogers on granville which still had a copy of GTA 4 and Madden 09.

[quote name='danthemightyone']I briefly checked one in Bank and Hunt Club on my way home. There were nothing I wanted but saw Wii Music and de Blob. Hope that helps.[/quote]

Dude, thanks a lot! Hope they're still there Sunday!

If anyone in Edmonton scored the following as filler and want to sell it off for cost + time/gas I'd be game. PM me! :D

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Valkyria Chronicles
Mirror's Edge (PS3)
Left 4 dead
Last Remnant

I know only one of those games is likely, but a guy can dream, right? ;)

Sure picked a lovely day to drive around in Ottawa...!

Heads up for you Ottawa people interested in these games...

Bank/Hunt Club: picked up Wii Music and Too Human. de Blob was there but it was 25 bucks regular price so I didn't bother with only getting the 5'er off. they had multiple Wii Music, Fracture, and a couple of other 360 games that don't suck.

Merivale: Wii Music, Too Human, Pure (360), Fracture

College Square: Animal Crossing City Folk, Wii Music, Mario Super Sluggers, de Blob, Too Human, Pure, Fracture, Battlefield Bad Company (360). I picked up Animal Crossing and Sluggers from there and they still had a copy of each....not really sure I want these two games, but I figure Animal Crossing for 20 isn't bad despite it being the same game. Again.

Richmond/Carling: Wii Music (seriously, every store had this, some up to 4 copies), EndWar (360), and I saw The Force Unleashed for Wii. I wanted to pick it up but I couldn't find a second game to get. I asked the manager dude if they could pull out Boom Blox, but he said they only had one copy so they couldn't.

Eagleson: Not much that's good. I saw Too Human. I didn't see a 2/40 sign either though so the sale might not be on over there.

If anybody from Kitchener/Waterloo and London want to work together to get the games we want from the sale, let me know. In Stratford we have:

PS3

Endwar
SCIV
Pure
Motorstorm:pR
007: QoS
MGS4

Xbox 360

Silent Hill: Homecoming
SCIV
2K9 Sports games

That's all I can think of right now. The games that I am looking for are:

Pure
Left 4 Dead
Mirror's Edge

all for X360.

[quote name='Firestorm']I can't edit the thread title on my phone nut this deal ends today. Starts again on the 26th.[/quote]

Ends today, eh? Well... I'll probably wasn't going to check again until after Christmas anyways. I might check at the Rogers by my parents place when I'm down there on the 26th though. Thanks for the heads up though!

[quote name='craig64']Ends today, eh? Well... I'll probably wasn't going to check again until after Christmas anyways. I might check at the Rogers by my parents place when I'm down there on the 26th though. Thanks for the heads up though![/quote]

I think this is really YMMV. I know one store in Ottawa ended the promo on Saturday after a few hoarders literally raided the store. A manager in another one said their sale is for 3 days - meaning it ended yesterday. One I visited yesterday said theirs last until boxing day.

Aah, damn. I guess it usually is fairly YMMV anyways, so it makes sense. I think I'll probably still give it a shot while I'm down in Calgary, but if it's not on I wont be too disappointed.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Possible 2/$30 on the 26th like the last two years?[/quote]

2/$30 would be nice....

I couldn't resist going back to the well one last time... :)

The racks are starting to get bare, but I added de Blob (the chatter about the game seems to be good) and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

I am very glad I got four more vacation days approved today for the second week of January, Rogers Plus is making sure I never leave the house again. :)

Boxing Day sale started at the Ancaster Location. Guy said 9.99 game with 2/40 isn't eligible yet, but most of the boxing day deals seem to be up. (B1G1, B2G1, 2/40 etc.)

Picked Up:
Endwar
Bourne Conspiracy

Blu-Ray:
Hell Boy 2 (Didn't expect!)
Tropic Thunder
Forbidden Kingdom

Everything for less than $100...Awesome night!
I used the $30 GC thing to get 10 star rewards points.
I have 30 points and am renewed until Dec.26 09.

I love Rogers Video.
They had nothing left for PS3 (just 9.99 trash) and for 360 they had Too Human, Soul Calibur IV, Pure (no manual-I don't think) and some other titles.

[quote name='andsoitgoes']sigh.

All I wanted was Wii Music for my kids. The snow dump stopped me from getting to Rogers.

sigh.[/quote]

i heard wii music is terrible

get them wii sports 2 ( is it out yet) or some rayman games .

[quote name='turgore2008']i heard wii music is terrible

get them wii sports 2 ( is it out yet) or some rayman games .[/quote]

it may be for kids older than 4, but my kids are 4, and for $20 it's going to be fantastic for them.

Hence why I was upset.

Still out there - if anyone has it, or finds it... please let me know.

Thanks.

(tis STILL freakin' snowing here.... A LOT)

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you can find a Rogers Video that is still open. The Boxing Day deal must have went live earlier today because when I hit up a Rogers I grabbed 2 games and asked if it was 2 for 40. The guy rang it in and then said in order to get them for $40, I'd have to go grab a PPV game that was worth $10.

Pretty awesome. I picked up Devil May Cry 4, Infinite Undiscovery, and Conan (lol) for a grand total of $42.00. I was also told that each store should be getting a shipment of titles at some point in the afternoon on Boxing Day. Not sure what is going to be included or if it will be anything related to the deal, that's just what the guy told me.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you can find a Rogers Video that is still open. The Boxing Day deal must have went live earlier today because when I hit up a Rogers I grabbed 2 games and asked if it was 2 for 40. The guy rang it in and then said in order to get them for $40, I'd have to go grab a PPV game that was worth $10.

Pretty awesome. I picked up Devil May Cry 4, Infinite Undiscovery, and Conan (lol) for a grand total of $42.00. I was also told that each store should be getting a shipment of titles at some point in the afternoon on Boxing Day. Not sure what is going to be included or if it will be anything related to the deal, that's just what the guy told me.[/quote]

I can confirm this. I picked up Resistance 2 + Valkyria Chronicles + Yakuza and Tomb Raider Underworld + Animal Crossing CF + God Hand just the other day.

again, if anyone sees Wii Music, can you get it for me? Hopefully you'll need an extra game!

I'd love something else, but I can just justify Wii Music... Really want my kids to have that, and for $20? Can't go wrong!

Just got back from Rogers (South Common location). I got there at about 5 minutes before opening, and there was a crowd of about 10 people or so. Doors open, and about 3-4 other people went over to the games section. There really wasn't much selection. I think the only worthwhile game I saw for Wii was Super Mario Sluggers, but it wasn't in the original case. They had some decent deals for DVDs though (B1G1 Free).

Anything that are Nothing worth noting around these parts that aren't already 20 bucks to begin with or stuff I don't already own. :mad:

I went to Varsity and... I don't know what the one is by my parents (by the Superstore... Country Hills?), and they didn't have much worthwhile in 2/$40. I picked up a copy of DIRT for $10 (2/$20 sale), while my brother-in-law got Splinter Cell. He also managed to get a copy of Halo 3 and a copy of Mass Effect. I'm happy though... I'm piss broke, so that's good for me! I've wanted DiRT for soooooooooo long now!

DiRT is a GREAT game! Definitely worth $10!

I hit up a bunch of the Rogers in sauga, all garbage games. Employees all said there just trying to clear whats left...sucks :(

[quote name='DoubleStop']If anyone buys an extra copy of Valkyria Chronicles they do not want, send me a pm and ill buy it[/quote]

Hey DoubleStop, I'll check my Rogers tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I saw a copy there last week. I'll let you know what I find.

*Edit* - took a look, not there anymore, looks like anything good was taken.

Not much at the McKnight location. I managed to snag Guitar Hero:Aerosmith at the 2/20, along with Alone in the Dark (I know, I know, but the only other one that caught my eye was Katamari).
They did seem to have a lot for PS3, and some pretty good DS games, but it's not really worth the trip for 360 or Wii.

One tip though, the 2/20 is on all clearence games, and while they were in a bin I noticed a few were still on the racks (yellow stickers instead of red) so if you're there, make sure to check there too. There was only a handful but you might find something worthwhile.

Ooh, yellow means clearance, eh? I figure that makes sense. DiRT had a red label, but it did still work. I imagine they're just lazy and missed a couple of them (but it was in the bin).

Rogers @ Bedding Town Centre had the worst selection ever. Anyone in Calgary know of a Rogers with a good selection? Or is all the good stuff gone by now? Mainly looking for Wii/DS games.

[quote name='frozzted']Rogers @ Bedding Town Centre had the worst selection ever. Anyone in Calgary know of a Rogers with a good selection? Or is all the good stuff gone by now? Mainly looking for Wii/DS games.[/quote]

McKnight had some decent DS games, but I think the deal ends today.

I've completely given up on these Rogers sales. Employees telling their friends and stashing the best stuff, not even worth driving down anymore.

bread's done
Back