Catherine (PS3/360) Discussion - Out Now!

[quote name='Buuhan1']Sadly, I asked someone how bad spoiled I was who played the original Japanese and they confirmed your spoiler was true. ><
[/QUOTE]

Lulz. This isn't exactly the most shocking plot I've ever heard for a game.

Well, I can't stay mad at you, bj. Especially after the GameInformer review spoiled the exact same thing. It was funny, someone on twitter told me "Your own fault." for me being spoiled by your post, then a day later makes a tweet raging about GameInformer laying down the same spoiler. XD

Do you guys think I should pre-order the Deluxe edition? I really want it buy $20 for that stuff seems kind of meh..I know it'll re-sell higher in the future though. Thoughts?

[quote name='joeshmoe']Do you guys think I should pre-order the Deluxe edition? I really want it buy $20 for that stuff seems kind of meh..I know it'll re-sell higher in the future though. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I've heard you can't pre-order the deluxe edition anymore, but I don't know if that is true or not

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I've heard you can't pre-order the deluxe edition anymore, but I don't know if that is true or not[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's still available for pre-order on Amazon. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it, the pizza box and huge art are enough for me to do it, can always sell the extras some other day.

~Edit:

Yep, seems to be still accepting pre-orders for the Deluxe version, just placed an order for the PS3 version. Yay waifu simulator pillowcase!

I believe they'll be accepting pre-orders until tomorrow. I know NIS is stopping pre-orders on the deluxe version of Disgaea 4 the day before release, so I'd imagine Atlus are doing the same for Catherine. Just a hunch though.

[quote name='joeshmoe']Looks like it's still available for pre-order on Amazon. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it, the pizza box and huge art are enough for me to do it, can always sell the extras some other day.

~Edit:

Yep, seems to be still accepting pre-orders for the Deluxe version, just placed an order for the PS3 version. Yay waifu simulator pillowcase![/QUOTE]

Congrats on being able to get it! I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition a while back....

I seriously can't wait till the game comes out Tuesday :)

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Congrats on being able to get it! I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition a while back....

I seriously can't wait till the game comes out Tuesday :)[/QUOTE]

I was going to pre-order it sooner, but I originally wasn't going to get it until it went down in price, but hearing that Atlus will only be producing the deluxe based on pre-orders made me change my mind.

And yeah Tuesday is gonna be sweet, Atlus better go craft my deluxe edition ASAP :D!

hoping co-op can be played online but most signs are pointing to local only same with Versus. I personally think Atlus does a fantastic job with games they include online play (see Demons Souls) so if it does get online it will be a very warm welcome.

[quote name='bjstucker']hoping co-op can be played online but most signs are pointing to local only same with Versus. I personally think Atlus does a fantastic job with games they include online play (see Demons Souls) so if it does get online it will be a very warm welcome.[/QUOTE]

I believe the JPN version is local co-op only, so unless they change it for the US version probably not.

Anyone pick up their copy yet? I'll be grabbing mine after work today, not sure when I'll get a chance to play it as my fiancee's family is visiting and this would be quite hard to explain while playing...

[quote name='SynGamer']Anyone pick up their copy yet? I'll be grabbing mine after work today, not sure when I'll get a chance to play it as my fiancee's family is visiting and this would be quite hard to explain while playing...[/QUOTE]

I picked it up this morning, about to start playing it right now

My Amazon DE came with dented corners; opened it up, and the sticker on the pizza box is all fucked up too. Jesus.

GG both Atlus and Amazon screwing me over. Deciding whether or not to return that copy.

I still have an unopened DE from GameStop which looks immaculate, and a alternate cover copy too both sealed. Will start playing it after my classes, in any case. Mmmm.

I played it for a little bit today, got pass Stage 2 and I am enjoying it alot so far, after Stage 2, the social aspect of the game really opens up

Verdict: I think this game was worth 80 bucks

"The Stray Sheep" sticker on the pizza box was not taped on straight, and the corner of it wasn't taped on at all and was folded/flapping around. That's probably Atlus's fault on the manufacturing side.

Amazon probably dented the pizza box and the outer slip cover while shipping the thing.

The one time I preorder from Gamestop instead of Amazon, Gamestop gets it on Tuesday instead of the usual Wednesday AND Amazon fucks up preorders. Guess I lucked out. Too exhausted to play it tonight though, will tomorrow.

They didn't screw all pre-orders as mine was waiting for me by the time I got home (Local friend got screwed on his though). However I can't play it tonight as I'm studying my ass off to pass this certification test for my job tomorrow morning. God damned Amazon box is taunting me.

got my DE and i think its well worth the 80. i really love the art style and the game gets kind of hard fast. im on stage 3, final dungeon
(the butt boss)
and i keep getting my ass kicked. i really like the story and getting drunk at the stray sheep. at this point i think i like Katherine more. im giving it a break tonight and will jump back in with a fresh mind tomorrow.

Loving the game so far. Everything about reminds me of playing Persona. The concept is really odd, but the style is just tooo good. The fact that everything is voiced (including the menus) is just icing on the cake.

I really do hope it sells well.

Got to second night and the game is amazing so far. Playing it on Xbox 360 but I got a Hori Ex2 so no problem with the d pad. Could see it being a problem for a people who official 360 controller

From what I saw last night the answer and questions pie chart was showing a 75/25 choice leaning towards Katherine. My friend on 360 was showing the mostly same results.

So I can tell why people said this game is hard....because it is hard! I actually like that it's hard though, probably will keep me busy (gaming wise) for a while

Beat it this morning on Normal great game will be playing Babel for days plus want to go back and get all golds on my normal playthrough. It is a pretty darn hard though very good to learn all the techniques the sheeps teach you a couple (hurricane the most) can be life savers when you have no idea what to do. used 10 retries

[quote name='bjstucker']Beat it this morning on Normal great game will be playing Babel for days plus want to go back and get all golds on my normal playthrough. It is a pretty darn hard though very good to learn all the techniques the sheeps teach you a couple (hurricane the most) can be life savers when you have no idea what to do. used 10 retries[/QUOTE]

Christ, did you pull an all-nighter?

Still probably won't play this tonight. fucking exhausted. Only online till I finish eating dinner and then I'm going to bed. fucking cats waking me up at 5am.... Maybe if I get 12 hours of sleep tonight I'll have the energy to play this tomorrow, because apparently 9+ hours is not enough when you have to wake up in the middle of it to feed mongrels...

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Christ, did you pull an all-nighter?

Still probably won't play this tonight. fucking exhausted. Only online till I finish eating dinner and then I'm going to bed. fucking cats waking me up at 5am.... Maybe if I get 12 hours of sleep tonight I'll have the energy to play this tomorrow, because apparently 9+ hours is not enough when you have to wake up in the middle of it to feed mongrels...[/QUOTE]

haha yea game last 8 nights I didn't really do much of he social linking stuff so missed out on most trophies :/ going to start playing through Rapunzal from one of my saves in the bar then start the collesium. This might be my GOTY really looking forward to Babel as well. :lol:

yea the game is not super long the thing that makes me keep coming back is getting gold on all levels so I can open up everything in Babel.

im on 8-1, about 11 hrs in. in this playthrough im answering all the questions in an effort to be with katherine, next playthrough will be catherine, and then 3rd playthrough ill answer them exactly how i'd act in real life just to see who i'd end up with lol. love this game, and pretty surprised ign gave it a 9 since usually their reviews are terrible. 3 different playthroughs plus multiplayer (babel) makes this well worth the day 1 purchase at frys. and holy crap at the 5-3 boss... outright terrifying.

Just finished the game last night. Clocked in at 14 hours. Got the Catherine true end. Man did the game just get even better right at the last few hours.

Really glad that I got this ending as my first playthrough. Just when I thought the game was over they go ahead and reveal everything. Never thought of the Boss as being behind the nightmares. He as a dick to fight though, pulled through 9-4 and 9-5 by what seems just luck. The level design is never taught to you in any form before then so I think it's that much harder to get through. I'm not imagining that Erica is really not a she right? I thought I heard Toby say something along those lines during the wedding cut scene. The more I thought about it the more little things the guys said to "her" maid more sense to me in retrospect. Catherine in her wedding dress was awesome.

Totally worth the day-1 purchase.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm stuck on the 2nd day, I'm really not great at puzzle games.[/QUOTE]

Are you going through it on Easy? If that is too hard there's Very Easy mode. Hold/Back select on the game mode select screen until you hear a chime. Then select easy as the difficulty.

[quote name='lurkingsalt']Are you going through it on Easy? If that is too hard there's Very Easy mode. Hold/Back select on the game mode select screen until you hear a chime. Then select easy as the difficulty.[/QUOTE]

I think the Very Easy Mode is the "Easy" Mode in this version. Even though the manual states otherwise, Atlus must have overseen it.

Game DESTROYED my day yesterday. Played 12 hours straight, saw it was 0600 and time for work. :lol: Game is not without its flaws but probably my favourite game on the year. Well worth multiple playthroughs. Trying to not play it today because I need sleep :lol:

It is a gravure model film, basically an attractive woman poses and acts sexy for long periods of time. Clothes don't usually come off in gravure, and when they do nudity is never shown. It was announced quite some time ago, it's from a gravure movie company that was inspired by the game, Atlus had nothing to do with it.

I'm stuck on The Child level. Playing on Normal. Resorted to watching the videos and still can't beat it. I really don't want to resort to going to Easy/Very Easy, but I may have to.

I really want to like this game but the controls are absolute shit. I've died more times because I can't get Vincent off of a block (and he has one directly below him). It's beyond frustrating, so much so that it's tempting to sell this on eBay and get my money back...

Again, I REALLY want to like this game.

[quote name='SynGamer']I really want to like this game but the controls are absolute shit. I've died more times because I can't get Vincent off of a block (and he has one directly below him). It's beyond frustrating, so much so that it's tempting to sell this on eBay and get my money back...

Again, I REALLY want to like this game.[/QUOTE]

They do take a while to get used to, but after playing for a while, they aren't so bad. Just stick with it man ;)

Beat the game yesterday on normal. Got the normal lovers ending. That last battle was pretty rough. Now to go back and play through on the other modes. Some of the levels were a bit hard, but that made it far more rewarding when I got to the exit.

Definitely glad I bought this game.

bread's done
Back