Catherine (PS3/360) Discussion - Out Now!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Once again pre-order bonuses only made for fat people. Oh well.
Yes I know a lot of people who aren't fat wear large, but seriously.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe assuming the people that want the pillowcase and creepiness are the portly sort?

I kinda want this game, but do I want to waste money on the Deluxe Edition? Seems limited, but I wouldn't use most of that stuff. Soundtrack and artbook sound cool. I know they come in the standard version if you pre-order.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Once again pre-order bonuses only made for fat people. Oh well.
Yes I know a lot of people who aren't fat wear large, but seriously.
[/QUOTE]
In my case I'm TOO fat for a large. Well, actually I'm not. I just love LOVE baggy clothing, don't get me wrong I'm still fat tho lol. I wear baggy t-shirts and boxers, I hate the feeling of clothing tight against me (suits would be my worst enemy). Basically, I enjoy feeling like I'm naked... but I'm actually not. (creepy? I SAY NOT!)

All my clothing is 2X despite me probably being able to fit in sizes smaller.

Regardless of how "rare" it ends up in the end, there's no way the extras aren't gonna cover the extra cost. At the very least if you don't want the extras, sell it afterwards to knock down the price of the standard edition. Judging from past experience, there's literally no risk in pre-ordering/buying the DE ASAP.

EDIT: NO risk meaning you need to sell the extras AT the time of release, and not wait. If you wait, prices might go up OR down....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Regardless of how "rare" it ends up in the end, there's no way the extras aren't gonna cover the extra cost. At the very least if you don't want the extras, sell it afterwards to knock down the price of the standard edition. Judging from past experience, there's literally no risk in pre-ordering/buying the DE ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Basically agree 100% other than Devil Summoner 2 but I enjoy the Atlus doll I got with it. :bouncy:

Just a quick note, for those wanting to "preview" the so-called art book (which if it's the same as the JPN version, it's not) and soundtracks check the links I posted some time back.

Personally while I think the extras are cool, they aren't $20 cool to me. Still nice to see them making the effort if nothing else.

Well, Aram was speaking over the entire game during that but it was a decent demo. Still trying to wrap my head around the puzzles but I guess the tutorial will fix that.

I just came across this game on Gamespot, and I have to say I'm intrigued because of the story. In some way, i can relate to it.

However, something tells me that this game is going to see a quick price drop (going back to the overall theme of this site) because of the niche only being so large. $60 is a lot to ask for this game for people that aren't so crazy about anime and whatnot. Anyone else agree?

[quote name='Sonne']I just came across this game on Gamespot, and I have to say I'm intrigued because of the story. In some way, i can relate to it.

However, something tells me that this game is going to see a quick price drop (going back to the overall theme of this site) because of the niche only being so large. $60 is a lot to ask for this game for people that aren't so crazy about anime and whatnot. Anyone else agree?[/QUOTE]

Atlus know this and that why they usually dont print a lot of copies of their games

[quote name='62t']Atlus know this and that why they usually dont print a lot of copies of their games[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm starting to see that on another thread. But man, for someone that only really gets into sports/FPS/Rockstar games and couldn't care much about anime, $60 is way too much to pay for a game out of novelty.

This game looks interesting but I'll still read the ESRB information about what's in the game. I'm not huge on all the Fanservice stuff like I've seen in screenshots of Argarest War.

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']This game looks interesting but I'll still read the ESRB information about what's in the game. I'm not huge on all the Fanservice stuff like I've seen in screenshots of Argarest War.[/QUOTE]

The game is not fanservice heavy like the advertising directed at otaku makes it seem. You're not going to be seeing pantyshots every minute.

I've been wanting the game for awhile but I AM finding myself not wanting to spend $60 on it. I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't get it day 1 and try and wait for a price drop... but Atlus games don't tend to do that until after a second printing which... generally takes years it seems.

Hopefully I have found a new job when it comes out (man, I hope) and can warrant spending $60 on it. Otherwise Alice, Shadows of the DAMNED, No More Heroes PS3, Arkham City, and Uncharted 3 come first.

[quote name='Sonne']Yeah, I'm starting to see that on another thread. But man, for someone that only really gets into sports/FPS/Rockstar games and couldn't care much about anime, $60 is way too much to pay for a game out of novelty.[/QUOTE]

For some of us, that's flipped around. I never spend $60 on sports or FPS games, but games like this I buy as early as I can to 1) support the folks that brought it over and 2) because they're fun. I loved the demo and am excited for some more.

[quote name='Sonne']Yeah, I'm starting to see that on another thread. But man, for someone that only really gets into sports/FPS/Rockstar games and couldn't care much about anime, $60 is way too much to pay for a game out of novelty.[/QUOTE]

I like how Rockstar games is its own genre XD (j/k)

[quote name='thelonepig']For some of us, that's flipped around. I never spend $60 on sports or FPS games, but games like this I buy as early as I can to 1) support the folks that brought it over and 2) because they're fun. I loved the demo and am excited for some more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I do appreciate that as well. It was ballsy of them to port this over here, and I'm curious to see how it all pans out.

As for relating to it, it's a long story. Not as exciting as this, I'm sure. Girls have just always had a weird, complicated place in my life. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

And yeah, I would say they are really. How else would you call GTA/RDR/LA- sandbox shooters? Those are the rare games I play all the way through. I still haven't even beaten Dead Rising 2 or Ghostbusters-partly due to how "cheap" they get in the final stages...

Is it just me or does anyone else want to avoid too much preview content? The GS demo was okay and didn't ruin much, but the Quick Look is 28 minutes... that's a hefty chunk.

yea I am avoiding most content from now on until my first playthrough still fire up the Demo on a weekly basis but have no idea what is going on because I can't understand the language.

Just pre-ordered the Premium Edition. Hard to pass up all those extra's and I think this will be another niche Atlus game that will retain it's value...

I'm interested in the game... but I'm not getting it anytime soon, and if Atlus doesn't print many copies then I probably won't get it at all cause it'll hold price. This just to me comes across as a game you'd rather watch than actually play yourself, I hear it is fairly difficult on Easy mode even AFTER the patch.

This might've been better off as a straight out anime.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Hopefully the demo next week is good... if not I'll cancel my preorder. :X[/QUOTE]

My prediction is that it will be the exact same demo as the JPN one was localized.

I pretty much already know what to expect already from the other demo, but I'm holding out for a price drop.

[quote name='uncle5555']My prediction is that it will be the exact same demo as the JPN one was localized.

I pretty much already know what to expect already from the other demo, but I'm holding out for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

It probably is and that's unfortunate as that demo wasn't that great. It spent too much dawdling at the pizzeria and not enough time gaming though it was a lengthy demo, at the very least.

[quote name='uncle5555']My prediction is that it will be the exact same demo as the JPN one was localized.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm 99% sure it will be. I'm just too lazy to make a Japanese PSN account so I haven't played it yet.

Why does it matter that there's no Japanese language track? Atlus usually does a great job with the voice work and translation, so why worry about it?

[quote name='jh6269']Why does it matter that there's no Japanese language track? Atlus usually does a great job with the voice work and translation, so why worry about it?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I try to stick to the source material if I can. Uncensored, original language (obviously hard to know many languages well), etc. Japanese voice tracks is no different.

[quote name='bjstucker']Sad to hear no jap track but good to hear they kept the difficulty[/QUOTE]

Post-patch... meaning the difficulty is not the original difficulty, but the toned down version from the patch.

I am surprised to see a niche title such as this have a 10 page thread. What the hell is this game even about? Is it a dating simulator or something?

[quote name='wrencrest']I am surprised to see a niche title such as this have a 10 page thread. What the hell is this game even about? Is it a dating simulator or something?[/QUOTE]

Climbing walls and pushing blocks.

[quote name='Serpentor']Post-patch... meaning the difficulty is not the original difficulty, but the toned down version from the patch.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can still pick the original difficulty, right?

[quote name='Serpentor']Post-patch... meaning the difficulty is not the original difficulty, but the toned down version from the patch.[/QUOTE]
well there is an option to keep it as hard as it was I believe they just added an easier difficulty if I remember basically if you die the game does not end and you can continue and it does not delete your save. I havre the Jap version and all the post patch did was add an option.

[quote name='jh6269']Why does it matter that there's no Japanese language track? Atlus usually does a great job with the voice work and translation, so why worry about it?[/QUOTE]

Personally really enjoy the Jap track. More so a love of the language

[quote name='wrencrest']I am surprised to see a niche title such as this have a 10 page thread. What the hell is this game even about? Is it a dating simulator or something?[/QUOTE]

the cover shows a bra strap. that apparently = 10 pages.

Demo was a blast. I love these types of block climbing puzzle games. Morality system is also very interesting, and unlike most other games, it's not black and white. If I wasn't a poor college student, this would be a Day 1 purchase.

[quote name='Drclaw411']the cover shows a bra strap. that apparently = 10 pages.[/QUOTE]
No way CAGs are that superficial!

bread's done
Back