Cheaplikeafox's Official Indiegala Group Buy Thread

Basically, when you buy gifts during Happy Hour, you get double.

So say it costs $5 normally for 2 gifts. During HH, $5 gets you 4 gifts.

If you buy the bundle for your account before HH or whatever, you get double the gifts again.

So, I just bought the Blood Knights bundle. So if it was $5 for 2 gifts, I would get 4. If it was $5 for 2 gifts during Happy Hour, I would get 8.

Make sense now?
You get double the amount of gifts even before happy hour if you've already bought a bundle solely for your own account?

You get double the amount of gifts even before happy hour if you've already bought a bundle solely for your own account?
No, he didn't explain it well at all.

DURING Happy Hour, you get 2x the number of gifts you would normally get. If you bought the bundle the first week at full price to lock in Early Buyer status, then you get 4x the number of gifts DURING Happy Hour.

No, he didn't explain it well at all.

DURING Happy Hour, you get 2x the number of gifts you would normally get. If you bought the bundle the first week at full price to lock in Early Buyer status, then you get 4x the number of gifts DURING Happy Hour.
Derp. I didn't know buying gifts during non-Happy Hour didn't get me double anyways as an early buyer. Least I learned something.

But yes, what Fox said is correct, I just was under the wrong impression.

But you seem to understand it for the most part despite my terrible explanation. :p

Fox, is there any chance that you may accept Amazon GCs once again?
If I do, I would consider it for a very small number of the group buys. Say something like 5 out of 40 if I do 40. I do tend to use Amazon GC eventually, but sometimes it just sits in my account for months, so I don't like converting cash into GC. I might also consider taking advance paypal payments (like having people send me $10 at a time or something) to cut down on the fees for those that get charged fees.

Related - I'm on my second and definitely last permanent group buy with some slots left. Looks like I will have some leftovers this time and I will post info here about them once they become available.

So which IGs is this for? Anything that has a group buy option? So there may be IGs that don't have a group buy that I might miss right?

Hmmmm, I think I may have to hire an underling to manage my bundle purchases. Tracking down keys from Greenlighting or bonuses, verifying if I already own stuff, managing lefteovers . . . its all just too much!!!

So which IGs is this for? Anything that has a group buy option? So there may be IGs that don't have a group buy that I might miss right?

Hmmmm, I think I may have to hire an underling to manage my bundle purchases. Tracking down keys from Greenlighting or bonuses, verifying if I already own stuff, managing lefteovers . . . its all just too much!!!
Yeah, so this is for the ones that have group buys and happy hour. It excludes stuff like the Monday and Friday bundles because they have no happy hour and stuff they do like the Real World Racing bundle. The current running bundle is the Blood Knights one. It is a lot to keep track of with those keys added afterwards. I tend to wait a bit and add in bulk every one or two weeks.

just do like me and completely forget about it immediately after purchase. that way it's a wonderful surprise when you stumble across your confirmation email(s) weeks/months later. it's like winning the lottery. i think. i've never won the lottery, so i don't really know.

what's perma-members? :D/
It's explained a few posts above, but I am hosting permanent group buys for people who want to commit to buy every single IG with a Happy Hour. I have 27 out of 40 slots filled and am only going to do 40 slots from now on.

I do have 1 bundle left over this time around as all the slots have not filled up. They are $1.76 a bundle. PM if people are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has Blood Knights.

If anyone has PMed me reserving a slot, and decides to go with Fox, please PM me so I can unreserve you. Thanks.
Oh nope I reserved with you already and iM staying. I thought maybe he had some of the previous bundles left to sell.

Update, only have 1 Blood Knights Bundle left - $1.76 - PM if interested.  

Out of bundles for Blood Knight.

Also, 31 out of 40 permanent slots are filled now for my permanent buys.  Only 9 slots left.  PM if you want to join starting with the next bundle.  With the Perma-group you commit to buy every HH IG bundle.  Benefits include at cost pricing.  Paypal Gift preferred.  Mark up for Paypal Regular is $.40 to cover fees.  Limited Amazon GC slot with a $.25 mark up for paying with Amazon GC.    

Hi people i got those current live bundle in hand ready for any of you all bta of course: (got fox approval to post)

HAVE:

indie gala GREENLIGHT 3 bta $0.90 usd

indie gala MONDAY B12 bta $1.50 usd

indie gala BLOOD KNIGHTS bta $1.70 usd
indie gala TINY MIX bta $1.75 usd

indie gala LAST DREAM bta $1.75 usd
indie gala SUPREMES bta bta $1.75 usd

indie gala ENCORE bta $1.50 usd
last one

indie gala MONDAY B10 bta $1.40 usd
indie gala MONDAY B8 bta $1.40 usd

just pm if interested i be please to serve you.

p.s. i got some older bta bundle you can find here

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327560-update-29-may-2014-join-the-group-buy-current-live-bundle-deals-steam-desura/#entry11544106

GROUP BUY: Indie Gala JULY MADNESS bta bundle

price: $1.80 or 1 tf2 key  pm if interested thx you

you get 13 game:

• Ice cream surfer
  • Pressured
  • Mata Hari
  • Konung 2
  • Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty
  • El Matador
  • Perimeter
  • The Culling Of The Cows
  • Labyrinthine Dreams
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • game to be unlock soon
  • game to be unlock soon
  • game to be unlock soon
just PM if interested i be please to serve you

HAVE BTA bundle left over in hand:

here you can find all info for each bundle below : http://igbwiki.com/wiki/Indie_Gala

• groupee TUESDAY 2 bta $1.75 usd  last one
  • Indie Gala MONDAY B 15 bta $1.75 usd last one
  • indie gala FRIDAY 4 SPECIAL bta $1.75 usd last one
  • Indie Gala MONDAY B 14 bta $1.75 usd
  • indie gala BREATH OF WIND bta $1.50 usd
  • groupee SHINY LOOT 5 bta $1.50 usd last one
  • indie gala GREENLIGHT 3 bta $0.90 usd
  • groupee BE MINE 13 bta $1.50 usd
  • groupee TUESDAY bta $1.50 usd last one
  • indie gala BLOOD KNIGHTS bta $1.75 usd
  • indie gala TINY MIX bta $1.75 usd
  • indie gala LAST DREAM bta $1.75 usd
  • indie gala SUPREMES bta $1.75 usd
  • indie gala ENCORE bta $1.75 usd last one
  • indie gala MONDAY B10 bta $1.50 usd
  • indie gala MONDAY B8 bta $1.50 usd last one
please PM if interested i be please to deal with you

GROUP BUY: Indie Gala JULY MADNESS bta bundle

price: $1.80 or 1 tf2 key pm if interested thx you

just PM if interested i be please to serve you

please PM if interested i be please to deal with you
Psssssssstt... Hey borderland, this thread is called, "Cheaplikeafox's Official Indiegala Group Buy Thread".

I'd suggest you make your own thread and let Cheaplikeafox do his own posting here. There's no need to poach. Really. There are many other CAGs ready to be pleased elsewhere.

Psssssssstt... Hey borderland, this thread is called, "Cheaplikeafox's Official Indiegala Group Buy Thread".

I'd suggest you make your own thread and let Cheaplikeafox do his own posting here. There's no need to poach. Really. There are many other CAGs ready to be pleased elsewhere.
Apparently fighting over people to bring into your group buy is srs bsns. :p

Apparently fighting over people to bring into your group buy is srs bsns. :p
photo-thumb-445673.jpg

Well, if Cheaplikeafox gave you the green light then who am I to argue otherwise? Carry on I suppose.
Yeah, I mean Bobby posts here so it's only fair anyone can do it so I told borderland he could, but I do appreciate the concern. TBH since I am almost completely filled with the permanent buy there's no risk of poaching so it's more for people who aren't in the permabuy to find someone to hook them up.

Yeah, I mean Bobby posts here so it's only fair anyone can do it so I told borderland he could, but I do appreciate the concern. TBH since I am almost completely filled with the permanent buy there's no risk of poaching so it's more for people who aren't in the permabuy to find someone to hook them up.
True, but I only post here (and host IG HHs) because I got your blessing first, and I assume everyone knows that.

True, but I only post here (and host IG HHs) because I got your blessing first, and I assume everyone knows that.
Yeah, I didn't mean it to come off otherwise. I just meant in general that I don't really have an issue with anyone posting here. I do it to help CAGs out so I don't see it as a competition.

I want to in for the perma buy group please! pm-ed you fox. thanks
And with that ALL SLOTS FILLED!

I'll likely have a few bundles left over for every bundle and if I do I will post here about it. Thanks to everyone who signed up!

Question for my perma buys:

How important is getting your bundle quickly vs. waiting and maybe getting a lower price?

I ask because when I bought mine during the first HH the 20 pack group buy was $29.05 leading to my at cost price of $1.50 (which technically was like $1.48333)

Right now, for this new HH they lowered the 20 pack group buy to $26.99 which would lead to an at cost price of $1.42.

And you may have noticed some other hosts going as cheap as $1.39, and the reason for this?  Well some internet snooping led me to the fact this Gala has a glitch (which happens from time to time) where if you buy a 12 group pack for the current price of $16.15, you actually get 16 bundles instead of 12.  What does that mean?  Means if I would have waited until now the bundles would have only been $1.08!

I'm just asking to see where people fall on the wait vs. price spectrum.

This is part of the reason Bobbytastic retired because it makes it tough for someone who bought there bundles at $1.48 to compete with people getting them for $1.08.  Even at cost they seem overpriced to some people.  

bladerlands still have bundle of Indie Gala Monday B17 for $1.27 if anyone missed it. Bought 20 of them so I could accommodate the gilbies.

Question for my perma buys:

How important is getting your bundle quickly vs. waiting and maybe getting a lower price?

I ask because when I bought mine during the first HH the 20 pack group buy was $29.05 leading to my at cost price of $1.50 (which technically was like $1.48333)

Right now, for this new HH they lowered the 20 pack group buy to $26.99 which would lead to an at cost price of $1.42.

And you may have noticed some other hosts going as cheap as $1.39, and the reason for this? Well some internet snooping led me to the fact this Gala has a glitch (which happens from time to time) where if you buy a 12 group pack for the current price of $16.15, you actually get 16 bundles instead of 12. What does that mean? Means if I would have waited until now the bundles would have only been $1.08!

I'm just asking to see where people fall on the wait vs. price spectrum.

This is part of the reason Bobbytastic retired because it makes it tough for someone who bought there bundles at $1.48 to compete with people getting them for $1.08. Even at cost they seem overpriced to some people.
not really in a hurry to receive them if you'd rather wait to get them cheaper. I already have most of the games in these bundles, but mostly buy them to get my fix.

bread's done
Back