Cheaplikeafox's Official Indiegala Group Buy Thread

PSS

Sending of bundles will be slow since my IG profile page has been taking forever to load
Yeah, but I interpreted that as a few hours, not a whole day, silly Fox. :p

But since you're probably drowning in orders, I guess that's fair. It's not like I'm dying to particularly play any of the games or need them for Playfire Rewards or something.

Yeah, but I interpreted that as a few hours, not a whole day, silly Fox. :p

But since you're probably drowning in orders, I guess that's fair. It's not like I'm dying to particularly play any of the games or need them for Playfire Rewards or something.
I wouldn't put a warning for a few hours since I'm usually out and about on the weekend and not able to get to orders. Last night my gala page loaded for me for about 20 minutes and I was able to get about half of them out. Since then it hasn't loaded once and that includes an hour of refreshing after it stopped working and refreshing non stop all day today. Once I get the bundles out for those who paid I think I'm done with hosting this bundle and if I do host anything in the future I'll be doing it under a new email to get a new profile page since the main issue with gala is it does this (loading slow or not at all) once you get too many bundles on your page (and gift bundles count since they remain listed in my profile even after I send them out).

dora-characters-871014538.jpg

I wouldn't put a warning for a few hours since I'm usually out and about on the weekend and not able to get to orders. Last night my gala page loaded for me for about 20 minutes and I was able to get about half of them out. Since then it hasn't loaded once and that includes an hour of refreshing after it stopped working and refreshing non stop all day today. Once I get the bundles out for those who paid I think I'm done with hosting this bundle and if I do host anything in the future I'll be doing it under a new email to get a new profile page since the main issue with gala is it does this (loading slow or not at all) once you get too many bundles on your page (and gift bundles count since they remain listed in my profile even after I send them out).
Oh, so it's like Humble when I click on "My Library" and alllll the games/orders load even if I don't want them to? Yeah, I could see that being a problem. Figures they get it even worse than Humble, you have my sympathies.

Making a new e-mail would probably be ideal because who knows what scoundrel would try to take your place hosting these? Hitler Cat? The Cylon? The Burger? Tebow's Alt Account? :whee:

Think of the GalaPoints!

Oh, so it's like Humble when I click on "My Library" and alllll the games/orders load even if I don't want them to? Yeah, I could see that being a problem. Figures they get it even worse than Humble, you have my sympathies.

Making a new e-mail would probably be ideal because who knows what scoundrel would try to take your place hosting these? Hitler Cat? The Cylon? The Burger? Tebow's Alt Account? :whee:
I'm actually in the process of pulling out and getting other CAGs to help host anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue for me too much longer.

But yeah, so it loads everything and then when I click each individual bundle link it displays only those bundles, but the page doesn't reload when that happens. So it's like almost a "spoiler" type button where they pre load all the bundles and then you can display them as you wish, but it's a real PITA. The site hasn't loaded ONCE today. Once I get it to load one more time I think I figured out how to get them all sent out then, but I might have to wait til late night when it was loading yesterday if it has anything to do with server load (not that anyone visits Gala alot, but I suspect they are cheapasses in that department).

Are there any extra HH BTA Last Dream bundles left?
Honestly, at this point I may not have many left and I can't get my bundle page loaded today. It should load at some point, but I know borderland is selling bundles too in the trade thread so you probably should go with him if you want one.

lol... this was new...so i addition to my page not loading most of the weekend, IG had also screwed me out of 9 bundles when I bought them.  They just didn't show up on my profile.  So I emailed them about it, gave them a link to my profile, and their response was that I had too many bundles so they couldn't help me, but if I created a new profile they could add the missing bundles to that one.

I did so and I'm sure they will add the missing bundles there, but I just find it funny that they basically admit that even they have a hard time accessing my profile.  

wow, your profile crashes their servers.

bender-applause_medium.gif

damn I was thinking about posting that as fox's cousin sunday, but never got online. been spending more time with countess burgula.

spanky spanky

I would love to be able to host, but don't have online access while at work and haven't been on as much as I used to. I'd hate to miss all the happy hours and leave everyone screwed without lube.

#cheflife

#damnhungrypeople

#analease

I think the above image was fox indicating that he's done spreading santorum.
Ha! Just realized the Porky cartoon had a political slant to it! Who woulda though? Anyway, won't be hosting any Tiny Mix, but it looks like Bobbytastic is stepping up to the plate this time.

Is there a new thread for the Tiny Mix bundle group buy? No one has posted in the official IndieGala thread for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a new thread for the Tiny Mix bundle group buy? No one has posted in the official IndieGala thread for a long time.
Nope, we just post here or in the main IndieGala thread. I'm not gonna bother making a new thread for what might possibly be a one-time thing, so I'll just post all my updates through here.

And to all those wondering, yes, I'm hosting Tiny Mix (which appears to not be a weekly bundle), so shoot me a PM if you wanna reserve a slot.

Nope, we just post here or in the main IndieGala thread. I'm not gonna bother making a new thread for what might possibly be a one-time thing, so I'll just post all my updates through here.

And to all those wondering, yes, I'm hosting Tiny Mix (which appears to not be a weekly bundle), so shoot me a PM if you wanna reserve a slot.
I'm down for a happy hour for "Tiny Mix". Please let me know when it goes on happy hour and its price. Still Pm'ing you though.

I previously bought 6 from Cheaplikeafox 3.0, even got his leftovers too :D.

Cross-post. Alright, everyone who's reserved has gotten their PMs.

Purchasing for Tiny Mix is now open to people who didn't reserve with me. PM me if you're interested.

Few rules for non-reservers:

1) You must pay first before your bundle is bought. The only current method of payment available is PayPal (unless you've got some sort of fantastic bundle available for trade).

2) You must place your order within 3 hours of Happy Hour's end to be guaranteed a bundle purchase.

3) The price offered is only available while HH is going on. Once HH ends, the price will go up.

Alright, so I've got 2 bundles left. It's unlikely that I'll be buying yet another batch of 20 (this is batch #3) unless I see enough demand for it.

But don't worry, I have a bundle for everyone who's sent me a PM thus far regardless if you paid me yet or not. So you're all covered.

Just a heads-up if you were on the fence.

Alright, so I have 5 Tiny Mix BTA bundles for $1.60 each.  Needed a few extra from Bobbytastic so he was nice enough to buy an 8 pack for me.  These are the ones left.  PM if interested. 

All out. 

Alright, well I have a few more Last Dream bundles at $1.85 a piece Paypal Gift or Amazon GC.

So I am moving away from mass hosting these bundles.  Bobbytastic took over Tiny Mix and did a good job so I think he might be up for continuing to host IG bundles.  Personally I am still going to host either 1 or 2 group buys (20 to 40 bundles) since I buy some on my own to gift.  These are going to be hosted at cost since it is a low number and I am looking for a specific criteria if you want to join these group buys:

1.  You are willing to buy each and every Indie Gala with a happy hour no matter what.  I want to be able to buy my group buy without worrying about finding people to buy them.  Basically someone who is guaranteed to buy a bundle no matter what so I know I can depend on them each time.  Now, I'm only talking "main" IGs and not the Mondays or Fridays, etc.

2.  You are willing to pay using Paypal Gift or Regular Paypal.  When I was doing the larger hosting with tip I didn't mind Amazon GC, but doing them at cost I would highly prefer Paypal to be able to just deposit it back in my account.  I might make an exception for a small amount of people on a case by case basis.  

So, if you fit both the criteria above and want to join the permanent group buy, PM me and I'll start putting a list together.  

Edit:

10 of 21 slots filled for the permanent group buy.  

Bobbytastic took over Tiny Mix and did a good job so I think he might be up for continuing to host IG bundles.
Thanks Fox, I thought it went very well.

Since you've stated your plans going forward, I suppose I might as well state mine.

Tiny Mix went well enough (just about everyone paid within 24 hours aside from 1 or 2 exceptions), that I'd be open to hosting future main bundles.

I think the rules I've set up so far worked, so I'll be keeping them in place. Unfortunately, this means I will continue to not accept Amazon GC. I do not do enough shopping at Amazon for it to be worth it, so unless I charged more for payments in Amazon GC, I don't see it working out.

So there you go. In the future, if you wish to reserve a spot for HH, PM me and you'll get the special reserver price.

Alright, well I have a few more Last Dream bundles at $1.85 a piece Paypal Gift or Amazon GC.

So I am moving away from mass hosting these bundles. Bobbytastic took over Tiny Mix and did a good job so I think he might be up for continuing to host IG bundles. Personally I am still going to host either 1 or 2 group buys (20 to 40 bundles) since I buy some on my own to gift. These are going to be hosted at cost since it is a low number and I am looking for a specific criteria if you want to join these group buys:

1. You are willing to buy each and every Indie Gala with a happy hour no matter what. I want to be able to buy my group buy without worrying about finding people to buy them. Basically someone who is guaranteed to buy a bundle no matter what so I know I can depend on them each time. Now, I'm only talking "main" IGs and not the Mondays or Fridays, etc.

2. You are willing to pay using Paypal Gift or Regular Paypal. When I was doing the larger hosting with tip I didn't mind Amazon GC, but doing them at cost I would highly prefer Paypal to be able to just deposit it back in my account. I might make an exception for a small amount of people on a case by case basis.

So, if you fit both the criteria above and want to join the permanent group buy, PM me and I'll start putting a list together.

Edit:

10 of 21 slots filled for the permanent group buy.
fuck the starving children, sign me up for more games to backlog.

An update to those in my permanent group buy, Blood Knights bundle bought to lock in Early Buyer status.  Group buy is almost full, but I will check the spreadsheet this afternoon and post how many slots are left.  

How does Happy Hour work again?
Basically, when you buy gifts during Happy Hour, you get double.

So say it costs $5 normally for 2 gifts. During HH, $5 gets you 4 gifts.

If you buy the bundle for your account before HH or whatever, you get double the gifts again.

So, I just bought the Blood Knights bundle. So if it was $5 for 2 gifts, I would get 4. If it was $5 for 2 gifts during Happy Hour, I would get 8.

Make sense now?

Alright, I only have 2 slots left in my permanent group buy (info a few posts above) so this looks like it will just be one group buy unless there is a ton more interest in the next few days.  

bread's done
Back