CheapyD on ESPN2's Cold Pizza - AGAIN! (Thursday 2/24/05) GT4 & MVP 2005

[quote name='KingDox']You should mention that Dvds and games are usually on sale the first week they are out. If you don't get them the first week then you usually have to wait like a month before you see another price drop. Some times if you really want an item you should buy it the week it comes out.[/quote] Great Point, i buy Cd's the first week too, stores like best buy will sell new releases for 9.99 most of the time. and Big discounts like 34.99 for Star Wars Republic Comando this week, the week it comes out!

Good Luck Cheapy, TiVo will be programed for this!!

You may want to touch on sports games. Good info for the ESPN2 crowd. Since they're yearly, sports titles get "obsolete" quickly. If you don't care about having the most up to date rosters, you can buy last year's hot sports title for just pennies on the dollar. Also point out that because of this, don't expect to get anything other than sympathy bucks when you trade in that outdated sports game.

My advice is:
1. Have a lighthearted conversation that is simple. I hate listening to long boring plugs on TV interviews.
2. Make points about how gaming is not just for the kiddies anymore.
3. Have a funny gaming story to tell.
4. Try to see if you can pull some strings with an affiliated company (EB, Outpost, Gamestop, etc.) to have a new sports title for 10-15% off for a few days to get sport gamers to sign up for the site.

Good luck Cheapy

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']announce your candidacy in the 2008 election![/quote]

hahaha your posts are a delicious dish of extravagant flavor.

I second that nomination.

I'd say the buy older titles is great advice. I do that. So many good games come out and I never have time to play them so by time I do it is usually $20 or so.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']announce your candidacy in the 2008 election![/quote]

I can see it now...

"I'm CheapyD, and I approve this message."

A few things you could also mention (if not already) apart from the companies and retailers that we get deals from, you could mention how CAGs tend to find ways to trade or sell hardware and games to other fellow CAGs.

We tend to give each other heads up on reviews, opinions, strategies, and even daily news that, although might not be relevant to gaming directly, it sure keeps us entertained.

Good luck and make sure your fly is up! :D

[quote name='dedgeu2']A few things you could also mention (if not already) apart from the companies and retailers that we get deals from, you could mention how CAGs tend to find ways to trade or sell hardware and games to other fellow CAGs.

We tend to give each other heads up on reviews, opinions, strategies, and even daily news that, although might not be relevant to gaming directly, it sure keeps us entertained.

Good luck and make sure your fly is up! :D[/quote]

And make sure not to get burned like his wife burned him ;)

OH NO! I just realized when Cheapy goes on Cold Pizza we're going to find out what his real name is and the "CheapyD" mystique will be forever tarnished... unless he can find a way to just go on as CheapyD, kind of like Bozo the Clown, Prince or Grimace never use their real names.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']OH NO! I just realized when Cheapy goes on Cold Pizza we're going to find out what his real name is and the "CheapyD" mystique will be forever tarnished... unless he can find a way to just go on as CheapyD, kind of like Bozo the Clown, Prince or Grimace never use their real names.[/quote]I'm pretty sure I heard his name before, but have now forgotten it. Maybe his first name really is Cheapy and his last name is D. :shock:

Let us know if they tell you when it's suppose to some one. I'd really like to see you, in all your nerdiness, Cheapy. :wink:

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']OH NO! I just realized when Cheapy goes on Cold Pizza we're going to find out what his real name is and the "CheapyD" mystique will be forever tarnished... unless he can find a way to just go on as CheapyD, kind of like Bozo the Clown, Prince or Grimace never use their real names.[/quote]I'm pretty sure I heard his name before, but have now forgotten it. Maybe his first name really is Cheapy and his last name is D. :shock:

Let us know if they tell you when it's suppose to some one. I'd really like to see you, in all your nerdiness, Cheapy. :wink:[/quote]

As do I, homie!

The taping was postponed until next week.
This weekend, there is some kind of major sporting event called the Super Bowel which is requiring the CP talent to be out of town.

[quote name='CheapyD']The taping was postponed until next week.
This weekend, there is some kind of major sporting event called the Super Bowel which is requiring the CP talent to be out of town.[/quote]

watch out for the super bowel when it makes its movement :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']I'm sure dcfox would love to do some in-depth analysis of the Super Bowel for you.[/quote]

I've always appreciated good ball movement in the Super Bowel.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='JSweeney']I'm sure dcfox would love to do some in-depth analysis of the Super Bowel for you.[/quote]

I've always appreciated good ball movement in the Super Bowel.[/quote]

:shock: I never expected a comment like that out of you dc! ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']The taping was postponed until next week.
This weekend, there is some kind of major sporting event called the Super Bowel which is requiring the CP talent to be out of town.[/quote]

Yeah, from what I've heard, they'll be here at the NFL Experience Compound starting tomorrow...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']OH NO! I just realized when Cheapy goes on Cold Pizza we're going to find out what his real name is and the "CheapyD" mystique will be forever tarnished... unless he can find a way to just go on as CheapyD, kind of like Bozo the Clown, Prince or Grimace never use their real names.[/quote]

Ya know, if more of you used the DONATE TO CAG button on the front page, you'd already know his first name.....

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='CheapyD']The taping was postponed until next week.

Yeah, from what I've heard, they'll be here at the NFL Experience Compound starting tomorrow...[/quote]

Its been raining here a good part of the week.

Im not looking forward to the Patriots cheating *ERRR* winning another superbowl. I am looking forward to the PSP comercial, ooh and that nifty Nike Warrior commercial.

cheapy is hittin the big times!! congrats, it was prolly mentioned already, but mention how hoarding hurts the gaming community or sumthing :)...

dont 4get 2 mention ur fave users :whistle2:D!...or just random users..
good luck and congrats

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox'][quote name='JSweeney']I'm sure dcfox would love to do some in-depth analysis of the Super Bowel for you.[/quote]

I've always appreciated good ball movement in the Super Bowel.[/quote]

:shock: I never expected a comment like that out of you dc! ;)[/quote]

:rofl:

My suggestion would be to never pre-order a game unless you get some added benefit (i.e. free guide or tshirt). Otherwise you set yourself up for a guarenteed $50 purchase.

Also, like it was mentioned, if you can wait about a month someone is bound to discount the game just a little and you can save a couple of bucks. Buying on release day is dumb.

OMG I can't believe it's been a year since your first appearance on Cold Pizza! It seems like yesterday! Keep on keepin' on!

instead of going on cold pizza, you should send an emissary like matt damon did with ben affleck to matt damon's first job interview in good will hunting

Ok, there has been a change in plans!
I'm taping tomorrow morning.
We are no longer talking about game shopping, but are now doing a straight up preview of NBA Street 3 and FIFA Street (which I played today).

Also, they are a little weary with the "ASS" so we are going with www.CheapyD.com

If I play my cards right (and don't choke) hopefully ill be back!

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, there has been a change in plans!
We are no longer talking about game shopping, but are now doing a straight up preview of NBA Street 3 and FIFA Street (which I played today).

Also, they are a little weary with the "ASS" so we are going with www.CheapyD.com

If I play my cards right (and don't choke) hopefully ill be back![/quote]

Nobody gets weary of the ASS! Break a leg! Not yours, of course.

[quote name='Zman310']Awesome! This is live, right? If so, I better set up a tape for tomorrow. Good luck Cheapy.[/quote]

Dude, it says he's taping tomorrow.. TAPING. Not live. :p

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Zman310']Awesome! This is live, right? If so, I better set up a tape for tomorrow. Good luck Cheapy.[/quote]

Dude, it says he's taping tomorrow.. TAPING. Not live. :p[/quote]

Sorry, thought I'd read earlier in the thread that it was live, therefore, I was somewhat confused.

My guess is it will air Thursday, as thats when all the gamers segments air.
I will let you know if i find out an exact time that the clip will air.

thanks for the support!

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok, there has been a change in plans!

If I play my cards right (and don't choke) hopefully ill be back![/quote]

See I was wondering about that... this has a more general feel to it, which could be very good for you. If Cold Pizza sees its key demo as people that love videogames, and you go over well with the viewership, they could possibly have you on in a recurring basis... which would be great for you.... plus, CheapyD.com could end up being more than just a simple redirector to Cheapassgamer. Considering what you've posted, you obviously have personality... hopefully you have stage presence as well.
It would be great for you if this could become a normal thing.
Not only do you get hits for your site, you'll probably get on lists for press copies of games for developers and somesuch.
I mean heck, look at the tools they have on G4... you couldn't be any worse than them :)

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='bignick']Plus, Cheapassgamer.com has BigNick as a member.[/quote]

You're a member, alright...

:twisted:[/quote]

So, he's the a member and you and dcfox are the boys?

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='bignick']Plus, Cheapassgamer.com has BigNick as a member.[/quote]

So, he's the a member and you and dcfox are the boys?[/quote]

Nooooooooooooo! Don't sack me with dcfox!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='bignick']Plus, Cheapassgamer.com has BigNick as a member.[/quote]

Nooooooooooooo! Don't sack me with dcfox![/quote]

I'll be the left one since WSB as a ball just feels so right. :wink:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='bignick']Plus, Cheapassgamer.com has BigNick as a member.[/quote]

Nooooooooooooo! Don't sack me with dcfox![/quote]

Hey, you know that you three have to be around to offset the first brain.
Everyone know that everyone listens to the second brain first. :)

I just got back from taping the segment and it went pretty well. I didn't throw up on myself or soil myself in anyway which to me, means success!

The segment will air Thursday's show on ESPN2 from 8-10AM (it then gets repeated immediately afterwords). I should know the exact time the segment will air by tomorrow.

[quote name='CheapyD']I just got back from taping the segment and it went pretty well. I didn't throw up on myself or soil myself in anyway which to me, means success!

The segment will air Thursday's show on ESPN2 from 8-10AM (it then gets repeated immediately afterwords). I should know the exact time the segment will air by tomorrow.[/quote]

TIVO time for me too glad to see you got it done always nice to have that stuff in the rear view mirror. I hope they pick you up

bread's done
Back