CheapyD on ESPN2's Cold Pizza - AGAIN! (Thursday 2/24/05) GT4 & MVP 2005

Come on now, Sundance is the man. He is incredibly nice and down to earth, which is way more than you can expect for anyone with his resume.

Thanks for watching!

I just saw it about 5 minutes ago. It was good, but seemed kind of rushed.

[quote name='sisco1986']Cool, just finished watching it. Good job cheapy, Who was the second guy? [/quote]
I think he was the CP "game analyst".

Anybody else think Cheapy sounds like that guy from Everybody Loves Raymond?

CheapyD---you looked relaxed, in control, comfortable and it seemed like you were having fun. You did great my man! :applause:

[quote name='Ledhed']Just finished watching it. Pretty cool.

The only letdown was when they didn't say the real URL. :lol:[/quote]

i am too cheap to pay for cable. what did they say instead of cheapassgamer.com?

[quote name='dracula']i am too cheap to pay for cable. what did they say instead of cheapassgamer.com?[/quote]

CheapyD.com

I don't blame them. But dammit, I wanted to hear the truth. :lol:

It was pretty good. I don't think Cheapy got enough of a chance to talk - Sundance hogged all the airtime. He even interrupted when the host directed a question to Cheapy.

I was kinda surprised neither of you mentioned NBA Jam. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw NBA Street. So maybe these "street" games aren't all that new after all :)

[quote name='Backlash']I was kinda surprised neither of you mentioned NBA Jam. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw NBA Street. So maybe these "street" games aren't all that new after all :)[/quote]

If you're going that route, I'd say CB's Shut Up and Jam was the first "street-ball" game. But Cheapy did mention the most glaring omission to the Street franchise: NHL Street.

Great job CheapyD. You looked like you were having fun. Wish you didn't have to share the time with that Sundance dude. Either way it seemed like you enjoyed it!

Maybe this could lead to something more like your own CheapyD TV show!

Is that one female host that interviewed Cheapy and "the other guy" the girl that used to be on the Real World?

Also, good job Cheapy. Representin' the CAG!

Still wish you would have said shaq-fu at least somewhere in there... If only the conversation had gone to basketball themed games.

I turned it on at just the right time. The dude kept talking about sports franchises getting sallowed up but forgot to mention EA started this mess. Also your voice is so deep.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Is that one female host that interviewed Cheapy and "the other guy" the girl that used to be on the Real World?[/quote]

It was the first season of Road Rules.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Is that one female host that interviewed Cheapy and "the other guy" the girl that used to be on the Real World?

Also, good job Cheapy. Representin' the CAG!

Still wish you would have said shaq-fu at least somewhere in there... If only the conversation had gone to basketball themed games.[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='CheapyD']Well, I had to go to work, so looks like I wont catch it until tonight.
I'll be in Chat Room if you want to hang out..[/quote]

Way to go David...you did really well.[/quote]

C'mon, you knew the D in CheapyD just had to stand for something!

Well it looks like I got screwed (by Cox, how ironic!). I set my DVR to record the show and those shaq-fu'ers put on an emergency broadcast which knocked my recording off at about the 1 hour mark. I tuned into the second recording but it looks like I just missed it b/c I heard Kit talk about "gamers" as they went to commercial and they haven't shown anything since.

This sucks. Did someone else record it so we can get an mpeg or something?

EDIT: Guyver, you are the man! Thanks.

[quote name='lebowsky']Well it looks like I got screwed (by Cox, how ironic!). I set my DVR to record the show and those shaq-fu'ers put on an emergency broadcast which knocked my recording off at about the 1 hour mark. I tuned into the second recording but it looks like I just missed it b/c I heard Kit talk about "gamers" as they went to commercial and they haven't shown anything since.

This sucks. Did someone else record it so we can get an mpeg or something?[/quote]

look above your post

[quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='lebowsky']Well it looks like I got screwed (by Cox, how ironic!). I set my DVR to record the show and those shaq-fu'ers put on an emergency broadcast which knocked my recording off at about the 1 hour mark. I tuned into the second recording but it looks like I just missed it b/c I heard Kit talk about "gamers" as they went to commercial and they haven't shown anything since.

This sucks. Did someone else record it so we can get an mpeg or something?[/quote]

look above your post[/quote]

Yeah, I saw your post right after I submitted it and then edited it thanking you. And, thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and nice job Cheapy. You did a great job.

Thanks Guyver!

Edit: Shoot, something must be wrong with my PC. Even after I saved the file locally, the video keeps getting stuck on certain parts while audio keeps running.

Good job man I am pretty sure you nailed a recurring role. Besides a bit of nervous twitching at the beginning you came across perfectly

guyver2077, thanks!

Very impressive...I still think you should've worn a CAG t-shirt and posted on the boards via your Sidekick while Sundance talked. :lol:

Nice job. Too bad you didn't get interviewed by that Thea chick. Not that Kit Hoover is bad to look at, but I'm sure everyone looks creepy with TV makeup on.

[quote name='MightySlacker']CheapyD should change his name to SexyD. I'd hit it.

Dave[/quote]

The whole time I was watching, all I could think was, "Cheapy has the clearest skin ever." :lol:

Damn it! Looks like I missed this. Never knew that Cheapy was going to be on TV. Oh, well...

I'm sure that you did great. Congratulations, Cheapy.

[quote name='MightySlacker']CheapyD should change his name to SexyD. I'd hit it.

Dave[/quote] :shock:

i didnt get to see it cuz of no snowday but im downloading the file from Guyver. thanks btw Guyver :bouncy:

Cheapy,

I think the interviewer was interested in your 'trick stick'.

Are you friends with Sundance? Because it seemed like we was competing for air-time with you. Let the Cheapster speak, man! I hate when a person interrupts someone making a point.

Great job, man!

Nicely done Cheapy...And a great comment on the Street Hockey thing. All of us hockey fans have been wanting a new Street hockey game since NBA Street first appeared and now it's like a crime IMO that soccer gets one before hockey.

Great job Cheapy, hey I was on TV too. Next time you see the COPS episode where they are filming in Tampa check me out. I'm the guy running barefoot with no shirt and jeans, holding a beer.

I thought this show was 2 hours, you only had a 2 minute segment? Good thing I didn't get up that early, phew. GOOD CALL ON NHL STREET. EA or not, if this was on XBox and was on Live, i'd throw down $50 for it in a heartbeat. Good job.

[quote name='mariomarino']Great job Cheapy, hey I was on TV too. Next time you see the COPS episode where they are filming in Tampa check me out. I'm the guy running barefoot with no shirt and jeans, holding a beer.[/quote]

:rofl::rofl:

I literally laughed out loud at that!

[quote name='ryanbph']good work cheapy, were you nervous?...the chick interviewer gave you a congrats[/quote]
I was a bit nervous, but the Cold Pizza crew are so nice and tried really hard to make me feel comfortable. I think it worked.

bread's done
Back