CheapyD on ESPN2's Cold Pizza - AGAIN! (Thursday 2/24/05) GT4 & MVP 2005

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='MightySlacker']CheapyD should change his name to SexyD. I'd hit it.

Dave[/quote]

The whole time I was watching, all I could think was, "Cheapy has the clearest skin ever." :lol:[/quote]

:rofl:

Dave

man... it was hard to stay awake til nearly 10am, I just kept thinking... "gotta..watch...cheapy" I even fell asleep at one point, only to bounce back awake in time to catch the cheapexpress.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I turned it on at just the right time. The dude kept talking about sports franchises getting sallowed up but forgot to mention EA started this mess. Also your voice is so deep.[/quote]

For those of us who play with CheapyD on XBL, we already knew about his deep voice. :D

[quote name='gameguy22006']Great job Cheapy, I thought that was a good point you made about the idea of a NHL Street game.[/quote]

Street dodge ball, for the love of god mention street dodge ball if you ever get called back!

Having played video games so many years with Mr. CheapyD.......I new that he would slip in a reference to the NHL somehow.....hahaha.
Great job......I can't remember when you've been that clean shaven.

However, I do think that the light gleaming off your head was a plot by EA and ESPN to hypnotize viewers into buying NBA Street........which I did later that day.
Mwahahahahaha!!!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I missed it today, does anyone, by any chance, have a link to maybe a clip of it or something?[/quote]

you really are the worst poster on CAG :wink:

look above you at WSB's reply to the same question mike asked

Hey Cheapy I agree that that Sundance thing took up too much of your time...Man only two minutes...Also a little disappointed you weren't able to spread the "cheapness" philosophy that you initially had in your agenda....

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I missed it today, does anyone, by any chance, have a link to maybe a clip of it or something?[/quote]

you really are the worst poster on CAG :wink:

look above you at WSB's reply to the same question mike asked[/quote]

Oops major mistake on my part. Sorry guys I"m super uber double multitasking and checking out what I missed on CAG....not to mention I'm sort of in a hurry.

Sorry, but I'll be brave enough to tell you the truth...

I haven't read the 12pgs of this thread, so maybe this was the gameplan all along, but you didn't seem like you knew much. That other guy wasn't great but still blew you away. You should have been more prepared to really put yourself out there...Maybe next time.

here comes the flames...

[quote name='rogerdarabbit']Sorry, but I'll be brave enough to tell you the truth...

I haven't read the 12pgs of this thread, so maybe this was the gameplan all along, but you didn't seem like you knew much. That other guy wasn't great but still blew you away. You should have been more prepared to really put yourself out there...Maybe next time.

here comes the flames...[/quote]
If his goal was plugging the site, he probably failed, but I don't think thats why he was there. He didn't look terribly out of place, he looked like just another guy that you'd see on G4 or anywhere. He looked a little nervous, but we'd notice that more than anyone else, since we're watching him and not the show. As for not knowing much, this wasn't exactly politics, he did what was asked of him and made some good points. I don't think I would have been able to look that good on national TV.

A lot of people would have just said that the soccer game was great, since everything EA touches is gold. Even the other guy couched his comments a little bit.

I'm sure if he wanted to, he could use this to get more spots on cable, something like G4, maybe one of the shows thats getting cancelled soon. He didn't look nearly as stupid as some of the people on that station. He did fine for someone who isn't on TV regularly, or was never on TV before.

[quote name='rogerdarabbit']That other guy wasn't great but still blew you away. You should have been more prepared to really put yourself out there...Maybe next time.

Not only did Sundance outperform me on air, but after the show, he kicked my ass in the parking lot and stole my bike and my socks.

Seriously though, I know there is lots of room for improvement, but I was fairly satisfied with my performance. I hope I get the opportunity to work on my skills.
Thanks for watching.

[quote name='rogerdarabbit']Sorry, but I'll be brave enough to tell you the truth...

Bah! It's not like he was competing with acting gods like my beloved Eric Bana!

It's a damn sports morning show that just so happened to be talking about video games, man. Ease up.

Cheapy I think you did a great job, man.

Well if you would have read the entire thread, you would have realized that the original segment was going to be a discussion about buying videogames (and obviously getting a good deal):

[quote name='CheapyD']The fine folks at ESPN2's Cold Pizza were kind enough to invite me on their program to discuss video game shopping, epecially online shopping. [/quote]

That was scrapped and they decided to go with a preview of the new EA "street" games; quite a change in subjects. Cheapy is not a game reviewer, he is, to quote the Coen Brothers, the paterfamilias of CAG.

Given the situation he was put in, I think he did a great job. Hopefully they will bring back the cheap-ass buying topic so Cheapy can go back on CP again.

I just watched the feed and I thought Cheapy did great. I also didn't read all 12 pages of this to see what others thought. Sure, the Sundance guy talked more and got to get more in depth, but he's the regular and Cheapy's the guest. Cheapy did a good job of shutting up when he was clearly supposed to.

By the end of it, though, the two of you were starting to look more and more alike to me.

Hope they have you on to straight-up plug your site some time.

thanks for jumping on me. Not sure why he would go on Cold pizza to talk about buying video games cheap. I agree he made good points, but there definitely could have been more. I like the direction though of his dialogue though. Anyhoo, nice job for a 1st timer.

And to the haters, not everyone watching the show visits cheapass and reads the 12pgs of support. I gave an objective view from my perspective. Didn't mean to be harsh at all cheapy, but I'm not here to waste my time and be the 100th person to make a comment about your bald head.

btw, this cheapass name must be a pain in the butt for you by now!

I think the only problem with the segment is that it was too short. Sure it's a sports show and everything, but you could see there were two gamers there just dying to talk at length about the issue of sports gaming and there was only 2 minutes or so to cram everything in.

I totally pictured CheapyD as some other kind of dude, I knew he was bald, but that was it. Jesus.... Cheapy, youre voice is deep.

Good Job by the way.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='rogerdarabbit']That other guy wasn't great but still blew you away. You should have been more prepared to really put yourself out there...Maybe next time.

Not only did Sundance outperform me on air, but after the show, he kicked my ass in the parking lot and stole my bike and my socks.

Seriously though, I know there is lots of room for improvement, but I was fairly satisfied with my performance. I hope I get the opportunity to work on my skills.
Thanks for watching.[/quote]

Don't get yourself down, you seemed to know alot but the other guy talked more, you did great in my opinion, also alot of people don't realize how hard it is to be on T.V.

Cheapy was doing at least one thing completely right that the other guy was doing completely wrong: talking down to the audiences level. Basic sports gamers dont care about the rest of the industry. Cheapy got some points about the games accross, while the other guy was throwing out things about the EA merger, something that no one outside of gaming gives a crap about.

He did pretty good. Better than I did my first time speaking in front of people. Hopefully he'll get brought back and become a regular. He can then leave this little website when he goes "Hollywood".

It's the big time, Cheepy!

Looks like I'm going to be back on this week (Week of 2/21/05) to talk about Gran Turismo 4 and MVP Baseball 2005 (I had a chance to play both last week).

Taping is tomorrow (Wednesday) and it will likely air Thursday, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks like I'm going to be back on this week (Week of 2/21/05) to talk about Gran Turismo 4 and MVP Baseball 2005 (I had a chance to play both last week).

Taping is tomorrow (Wednesday) and it will likely air Thursday, but I'm not 100% sure on that.[/quote]

Looks like our fearless leader is on his way up in the world.

Knock 'em dead Cheapy!

[quote name='CheapyD']Shameless plug/bump for the afternoon crowd.[/quote]

a little bird whispered in my ear this might be happening. :wink: Glad to see they invited you back so quickly

[quote name='CheapyD']Shameless plug/bump for the afternoon crowd.[/quote]

Good time for pluggin....Missed it the first time. You should get a CAG temporary tat for that cranium of yours. Or a Monkey. Either one would work.

Disnt you make a print-out at E3 from GT4? You could bring that in...all show-and-tell like :)

[quote name='Wshakspear']
Disnt you make a print-out at E3 from GT4? You could bring that in...all show-and-tell like :)[/quote]
Wow, good memory!
Yeah, I thought about doing that, but then I forgot to ask the producer when I left last week.

Oh well, you guys can see it right here:

gt4photo.jpg

bread's done
Back