Chris Benoit's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']SIGNUPS ARE OPEN AT PWTORRENTS.NET!!!

I know many of you wanted to sign up for this, and they opened yesterday and will end open registration *tonight*!

www.pwtorrents.net[/quote]

Thanks Myke! Finally signed up.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Is it worth it now that Youtube has taken off?[/quote]
Yes, because there's a lot more shit here, Youtube's cracking down on copyrighted material, and it's of higher quality and easier to download.

Edit: Oh, and you get the occasional upload from me, which should be reason enough to join alone ;)

[quote name='Genocidal']There's an interview up on wwe.com with Shannon Moore here. Not surprisingly, when asked what he has been doing for the past 9 months, no mention of TNA was made by name.[/QUOTE]

yea no tna mention... sux

[quote name='guyver2077']yea no tna mention... sux[/QUOTE]

The hell did you expect? He did say "I did some work down south," which I can *guarantee* you was the WWE.com edit for "I did some work for TNA."

[quote name='guyver2077']nice i didnt know there was a filter on google..

i did a search and found only a few nice topless pics..[/quote]

Those are them. Apparently the nipples were blurred out, but someone photoshopped them back in. Either way, she has a very nice body and just looks like she's having a good time.

[quote name='mykevermin']The hell did you expect? He did say "I did some work down south," which I can *guarantee* you was the WWE.com edit for "I did some work for TNA."[/quote]
Yep, either that or the mention of working in the indies... I still think Vince doesn't see TNA as being on the level that ECW was during the monday Night Wars... yet.

Demo man posted a great deal of TNA gossip. Much of it interesting, and the only clearly believable parts involve Bubba Ray being a fucking asshole. I've not heard a single account of him being anything but the biggest shithead.

I find it strange that JJ handles the money. It just seems that TNA has too many built-in conflicts of interest that it could have (and should have) avoided.

But wrestlers bitching about paydays? That's as much news as headlines screaming "SUN COMES UP IN MORNING; GOES DOWN AT NIGHT."

Film at 11.

[quote name='mykevermin']The hell did you expect? He did say "I did some work down south," which I can *guarantee* you was the WWE.com edit for "I did some work for TNA."[/QUOTE]

well it just reminds me of the old days when either wcw or wwe would not awknowledge that each other existed... i thought we were pass those times already..i hated that

are burchills pops legit? i think he is really really over or those pops are edits...

nevertheless love his entrance and song and finisher

holy crap...

edit- i was about to say that this money in the bank smackdown qualifier has been very unpredictable!!!!!

finlay and animal!!!

noticed that decision was reversed for hardy

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']So who does everyone think will win the "Last Chance Battle Royale" for the last spot in the MITB match?

I say Lashley, almost definitely.[/quote]

I'd like to see Booker T in it, but I doubt that'll happen.

Lashley will probably win it.

Hopefully someone agile who would actually be good in a ladder match... I can't see Flair or Finlay really doing too much in this MitB and hope they don't throw in a 3rd guy like Lashley who seems too big for this type of match.

[quote name='2Fast']I'd like to see Booker T in it, but I doubt that'll happen.

Lashley will probably win it.[/quote]
I was thinking all along Booker would be in it, but his feud with Boogeyman could be kept going to Mania, and I don't see them leaving Lashley off the show, especially after devoting time on three weeks of Smackdown to the Finlay/Lashley feud.

[quote name='mykevermin']Demo man posted a great deal of TNA gossip. Much of it interesting, and the only clearly believable parts involve Bubba Ray being a fucking asshole. I've not heard a single account of him being anything but the biggest shithead.

I find it strange that JJ handles the money. It just seems that TNA has too many built-in conflicts of interest that it could have (and should have) avoided.

But wrestlers bitching about paydays? That's as much news as headlines screaming "SUN COMES UP IN MORNING; GOES DOWN AT NIGHT."

Film at 11.[/QUOTE]

Gerwick.net's "news" has always come across as very tabloidish at best. That's why I always take what is written with a pinch of salt.

TNA House Show Results...

[quote name='Miss Jess @ TNATalk.com']TNAwrestling.com will be providing live updates throughout the night on the website from the TNA live event in Detroit, Michigan. TNA’s Cassidy Riley and Matt Conway will be ringside calling into TNAwrestling.com during the event to provide match updates and photos!

- The line for fans to enter the CompuWare Arena is already wrapped around the building as fans are currently being let in. TNA expects over 3,000 fans to be in attendance tonight!

The updated lineup for the event tonight is as follows:

Shark Boy vs. Simon Diamond
Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin
An appearance by The Insane Clown Posse
Bobby Roode vs. Jerry Lynn
Abyss vs. Sabu
Rhino vs. Team Canada’s A1
AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe
America’s Most Wanted vs. The Naturals
Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett

- TNA's Jeremy Borash kicked off the event by welcoming the fans to the show! The arena is packed, with a line still wrapped around the arena for fans waiting to get in!

- Shark Boy defeated Simon Diamond in the first bout with the Dead Sea Drop!

- Chris Sabin defeated Alex Shelley with his Cradle Shock finisher....the Insane Clown Posse are about to make a special in-ring appearance

-- The Insane Clown Posse hit the ring to welcome fans to their native Detroit, but were interrupted by Team Canada. As a result, the ICP faced off against Eric Young and Petey Williams! ICP won the bout when Coach D'Amore hit the ring, but had his glasses knocked off. While blind, D'Amore accidentlaly hit the Canadian Destroyer on Petey Williams!!! As a result, ICP got the win over Team Canada!

- "The Canadian Enforcer" Bobby Roode defeated the returning Jerry Lynn after Lynn went for a sunset flip, but Roode grabbed the ring ropes for leverage to score the three count.

- Sabu defeated Abyss in a wild brawl after Sabu hit the Arabian Facebuster through a table to score the pin!

- "The War Machine" Rhino beat Team Canada's A1 - after Rhino hit a spinebuster on A1 and covered him, D'Amore yanked the referee out of the ring during the count. Rhino gave chase to D'Amore on the outside, with the manager ending up inside the ring. Rhino hit a GORE! on D'Amore, then another GORE! on A1 for the pin!

- "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe defeated "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles after a long and grueling bout that had fans on their feet throughout. In the end, AJ was forced to tap out to Joe's clutch!

- NWA World Tag Team Champions America's Most Wanted defeated rivals The Naturals after AMW hit Andy Douglas' injured knee with a steel chair and James Storm got the pin. Following the bout, EMTs were sent to ringside to assist Douglas from the ring.

- NWA World Heavyweight Champion "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage, still nursing three cracked ribs, was able to overcome "The King of the Mountain" Jeff Jarrett (and interference by AMW) in the main event, earning the win after hitting his "Unprettier" finishing move! Following the bout Jarrett, Abyss and AMW got into a brawl with Rhino, AJ Styles and Christian Cage![/quote]

If that's not a typo, I have to see D'Amore give Petey the Canadian Destroyer. Maybe check out Sabu vs Abyss, but honestly, I couldn't really care less about the rest of the show. Are they gonna release this on DVD or air it on TV?

This next week will be very interesting in the WWE. I can't say why just yet, but i'll let you guys know soon enough

[quote name='Scorch']This next week will be very interesting in the WWE. I can't say why just yet, but i'll let you guys know soon enough[/QUOTE]

[First-Grade Style Taunting]SOME-BODY TESTED POS-I-TIVE[/First-Grade Style Taunting]

[quote name='mykevermin'][First-Grade Style Taunting]SOME-BODY TESTED POS-I-TIVE[/First-Grade Style Taunting][/quote]

LOL. I'm betting it's Snitsky.

[quote name='Genocidal']If that's not a typo, I have to see D'Amore give Petey the Canadian Destroyer. Maybe check out Sabu vs Abyss, but honestly, I couldn't really care less about the rest of the show. Are they gonna release this on DVD or air it on TV?[/QUOTE]
it's not a typo, d'amore definitely hit a canadian destroyer on petey williams. it was pretty cool, but unfortunately it gave ICP the win. d'amore said something like "you guys are second rate rappers who get to keep going by kissing howard stern's ass, and you think you can step into a wrestling ring? you don't see petey putting out a rap album, even though he has mad flow" which was kind of funny.

by the way, according to the insane clown posse, they are coming back to tna this summer, which is too bad for everyone involved.

i don't think any of it is going to be on tv or dvd, save for the samoa joe/aj styles match, which they announced was being taped for an episode of impact. the match was pretty great, by the way.

sabin and shelley was also a pretty great match, and the sabu/abyss match was fun.

also, i learned people who like ICP hate christian.

overall, i was very happy i went, and i think tna can count it as successful, as the compuware sports arena website says that it can hold 4,500 for an event like that, and i would say the building was about 75% filled.

i'd offer up some pictures, but i'm a fool and left the camera in the car, which i didn't realize until after i was in my seat.

Speaking of drug testing:

WWE has offered new deals to Rene Dupree and The Bashams.

Performers like Mark Jindrak, Henry Godwin, Chuck Palumbo, and Andrew "Test" Martin are being offered contracts to come back due to their size. With the WWE Wellness program now in effect, WWE expects the performers to get smaller as they cycle off whatever they are on, so they are trying to bring back some more naturally tall and big talent.

[quote name='Scorch']Why do you automatically assume it has something to do with drug testing?[/QUOTE]

If it's information that you have access to that isn't already available on the internet, my immediate presumption is that it has to do with testing. Am I wrong?

EDIT: About 4 months or more ago, ZL. Not that anybody noticed, seeing as how nobody's ever seen Paul London or Brian Kendrick wrestle. Sometimes the cruiserweights are like "The Great Pumpkin" in that they have legendary status, yet noone's ever seen them. ;)

Did you watch that cruiserweight match though? How'd you like the powerbomb/electric chair/suplex spot?

more WWE.com vidoes:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/2257862

Wow... it's no wonder Torrie isn't on TV much anymore. Despite how ungodly annoying Torrie is, this is still an interesting view as it highlights some of the more sadistic angles in WWE history. Continues to make me wonder what the hell is wrong with Vince and if he was tortured as a child or something.

One of POD's lyrics in the opening song is "the boys from the south". My little personal wrestling fantasy would have been for someone in production to insert shots of TNA wrestlers in the opening to coincide w/the lyrics.:lol:

The promos at the top of the show were very reminiscent of the original SNME.

God, it's so good to hear JR again.

The 3-man booth with JR calling the action and Lawler and Tazz arguing and hyping their respective shows is working out pretty well, IMO.

Well, I'm loving what they are doing with Mickie James. She is crazy and brings something interesting to an otherwise boring women's division.

Finally, we get to see $hane-o-Mac in action again!

Nice bump! 5 replays after the commercial. Shane always delivers. I hope he takes full control of the company sooner rather than later. He's been in the ring enough to appreciate how much good wrestling (not ass-kissing clubs and live sex celebrations) can draw.

I just started watching it right now, and I have to say that the opening promos, where the guys more or less introduced themselves and their modus operandi, was just fucking *awesome* and totally nostaligc of the classic SNME setup. Now if only they used The Human League's "Obsession" for the opening theme, the circle would be complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back