Chris Benoit's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Zenithian Legend']An interesting read on 411... http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/37845

While guys like Taker (obviously) and Edge are undefeated, and Hogan has his share of WM wins too, there's guys like Bret Hart, HBK and the winless Big Show that are the biggest "losers" in WM history.[/quote]

That was a really good read, thanks ZL.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Do you think some fans might actually boo Joey Styles at ONS stand this year for signing with the WWE?[/quote]

I don't why they should. The man has a right to make money like everyone else.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear some boo's.

IGN's been doing a lot of interviews with WWE wrestler's lately. Here's the most recent one with Randy Orton: http://sports.ign.com/articles/696/696778p1.html

He even mentions TNA:
TNA is up and coming, and that's great, we need competition. I wouldn't consider them competition right now, but besides WWE and TNA, unfortunately, there really isn't another place to make a good living being a professional wrestler.

Now that everyone's at the arena, I can let it leak out if it hasn't already.

The reason for the super show this week in Memphis is because they're giving everyone a suprise drug test. I don't know if this information has leaked out or not. The company doing the testing is based in Nashville, so it was a quick 2 hour drive to get down to the arena.

That's why I mentioned this next week will be interesting.

[quote name='Mykevermin'] Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch
Why do you automatically assume it has something to do with drug testing?

If it's information that you have access to that isn't already available on the internet, my immediate presumption is that it has to do with testing. Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

And he was right

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Anyway, seems I've fallen well behind the top spot in our fantasy league, so looks like my picks this week will have to really come through in order to catch up to that damn Captain Charisma. I'd hate for things to be already wrapped up going into Wrestlemania.[/QUOTE]

You might be able to catch up. I forgot to do my team this week so there may be a chance no 2 and 3 can catch up.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Do you think some fans might actually boo Joey Styles at ONS stand this year for signing with the WWE?[/QUOTE]

Nah. ECW fans are fuckin' idiots. Don't waste your breath flaming me.

My evidence is this: Because of ECW, *any* wrestling match at *any* point in time that involves two guys doing any routine that can feasibly be considered "chain wrestling," no matter how good or how bad, that ends with the two guys facing each other in a "pose" (think RVD/Jerry Lynn's early match chain wrestling as the best example of what this looks like when it's *good* wrestling), fuckin' ALWAYS ends with the lumpy ass fat shits in the crowd applauding like they just saw Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta go for an hour and a half. I can't count the number of times fuckin' boring-ass wrestlers did nothing but run the ropes in between hip tosses and shoulder blocks, only to end the moment in a "fight" pose. And the fuckin' sheep always cheer! Goddammit!

Pardon my crabbiness. While I'm upset that Rollergirls was cancelled (evidently it was the two of us and my father in law, alone, who watched the fuckin' thing), my wife attended a meeting tonight for an upstart Roller Derby league in Cincinnati (at the old bar I worked at for four years, appropriately enough).

To satisfy DemoMan's image of me as a lush, yes, I had a glass of Bock and Dortmunder. It's coffee for the moment for me.

[quote name='mykevermin']Nah. ECW fans are fuckin' idiots. Don't waste your breath flaming me.

My evidence is this: Because of ECW, *any* wrestling match at *any* point in time that involves two guys doing any routine that can feasibly be considered "chain wrestling," no matter how good or how bad, that ends with the two guys facing each other in a "pose" (think RVD/Jerry Lynn's early match chain wrestling as the best example of what this looks like when it's *good* wrestling), fuckin' ALWAYS ends with the lumpy ass fat shits in the crowd applauding like they just saw Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta go for an hour and a half. I can't count the number of times fuckin' boring-ass wrestlers did nothing but run the ropes in between hip tosses and shoulder blocks, only to end the moment in a "fight" pose. And the fuckin' sheep always cheer! Goddammit!

Pardon my crabbiness. While I'm upset that Rollergirls was cancelled (evidently it was the two of us and my father in law, alone, who watched the fuckin' thing), my wife attended a meeting tonight for an upstart Roller Derby league in Cincinnati (at the old bar I worked at for four years, appropriately enough).

To satisfy DemoMan's image of me as a lush, yes, I had a glass of Bock and Dortmunder. It's coffee for the moment for me.[/quote]

Haha I love Myke...I always picture the "grumpy old man" of the boards when I see Myke's posts...not that they aren't welcome Myke :lol:

[quote name='TheRock88']You might be able to catch up. I forgot to do my team this week so there may be a chance no 2 and 3 can catch up.[/quote]

Let's hope so ;)

Here's the SD results, not many matches, so you can expect a lot of storylines, etc

Dark Match:

Matt Hardy v. Vito. Winner-Hardy. HOT CROWD!

Smackdown:

The show opened with a Randy Orton promo about WrestleMania 22 and Smackdown.

There was a battle royal for the last spot in the Money in the Bank match with: MNM, Lashley, London, Kendrick, Jordan, Funaki, Scotty, Kash, Noble, Sylvan, Nunzio, Dean, Gymini, Mexicools, Tatanka, Burchill, and Road Warrior Buffet. Buffet was out first. Melina is hotter in person. Winner: Lashley

JBL did a promo about SNME, Benoit and other stuff.

The building is 90% full now and the crowd is still hot.

Rey Mysterio vs. Fit Finlay saw Randy Orton run in and RKO Rey while he was making a comeback. Finlay wins.

Next up was a contract signing for WM22: Booker v Boogeyman. Sharmell checks under table before sitting down. Teddy Long then makes it a handicap match, Boogeyman vs. Booker and Sharmell.

Chris Benoit vs. William Regal was next. Benoit won with the Crossface. JBL throws a tantrum.

The main event saw Mark Henry (without Daivari) take on Kurt Angle. Randy Orton runs in during the ankle lock. Rey runs in and accidentally hits Kurt. Henry gets the 3. I guess it wasn't for the title. Post match there was a staredown. Kurt pushes down Rey and yells at Orton. Rey dropkicks Kurt, hits the 619. End of Smackdown.

I'm still trying to figure out of the bodog.net music is The Bashams theme when they were a part of JBL's cabinet.

And speaking of commercials during WWE programming, I hate Larry the Cable Guy.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']And speaking of commercials during WWE programming, I hate Larry the Cable Guy.[/QUOTE]

Hurr hurr FART! Haw-haw! Multiply that X 2 hours, and I just saved you the $9 cost of a movie ticket to see that uncreative hillbilly fuck.

ZL, there's one match on Smackdown involving Chris Benoit versus an opponent he typically has stellar matches with, given sufficient tv time. I've been lax with watching SD! lately, but I'll certainly watch that match.

[quote name='mykevermin'] While I'm upset that Rollergirls was cancelled (evidently it was the two of us and my father in law, alone, who watched the fuckin' thing), my wife attended a meeting tonight for an upstart Roller Derby league in Cincinnati (at the old bar I worked at for four years, appropriately enough).

[/quote]

Man, girls cussin' and knockin' the shit out of each other should have garnered better ratings. :lol: To be honest, it seemed more like it should have been a SpikeTV program and not A&E. I didn't see as much of the show as you did but I enjoyed it.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I'm still trying to figure out of the bodog.net music is The Bashams theme when they were a part of JBL's cabinet.

And speaking of commercials during WWE programming, I hate Larry the Cable Guy.[/quote]

Dude, you should visit where I live. Git-R-Done grates on my nerves as much as Deez Nuts did as a catchphrase. I went to the bowling alley last year and this jackass kept saying git-r-done to the point where I had to leave.

Heh. I have the inglorious honor of living literally 20 minutes East of Larry the Cable Guy's hometown. When I was in high school, Git-R-Done was used in place of hand raising to answer (or ask) a question in class.

LTCG's tour bus was at my CC last year. A couple of people were running around the store looking for him but never found him. He probably wasn't even there. I was very grateful. Just sharing some useless info.

[quote name='mykevermin']ZL, there's one match on Smackdown involving Chris Benoit versus an opponent he typically has stellar matches with, given sufficient tv time. I've been lax with watching SD! lately, but I'll certainly watch that match.[/quote]
Angle, Angle, Angle! Please!:pray:

[quote name='2Fast']Heh. I have the inglorious honor of living literally 20 minutes East of Larry the Cable Guy's hometown. When I was in high school, Git-R-Done was used in place of hand raising to answer (or ask) a question in class.[/quote]

Jesus motherfucking Christ. Your tax dollars at work.

[quote name='neocisco']Angle, Angle, Angle! Please!:pray:[/QUOTE]

While I'd love to see that feud rekindled (perhaps even letting Benoit be the heel this time, although since he's kinda the "standard technical wrestling guru," it may be hard to make him a bad guy - then again, they did a great job towards the tail end of Bret Hart's WWF run), it's someone who he never had a long-running feud with, but at the risk of spoiling too much, it's an opponent who basically was hired by the WWF because of a five-star match he had with Benoit years ago, and someone pitted against Benoit once or twice per year (usually on Velocity), and still knows how to go.

It's the guy I'd love to see feud with Finlay. ;)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']IMO Mickie James has the best finisher in the WWE. What kind of DDT was that?[/QUOTE]

It's the "BREAK YOUR GODDAMN NECK!!!!11!" DDT. That was excellent, and I have to admit that I really enjoy Mickie's character. My internal predictions were wrong, as I figured that Trish was under the box as soon as she "didn't" come out at the beginning. As soon as it was revealed to be Ashley, I initially saw her and said "who the hell is that?" :lol:

Good show up until the main event... at which point the crowd DIED, and I don't blame them. I don't really want to see Cena take the place that Austin had 5 or 6 years ago... it was good then with Austin, but Cena? He's too much of a 'good guy' -- evident at SNME when he wouldn't take advantage of the ref having his back turned.

I dunno, the crowd seemed to be hoppin' during the main event. Me? I was resisting the growing temptation to hurl my PSP at the fucking wall in much the same way that Roger Clemens hurls a fastball. I fucking SUCK at Metal Gear Acid.

The crowd, though I was only kinda paying attention, seemed to be hot during the main, although I couldn't very well interpret their reaction to the McMahon/Cena match for next week.

If you taped it or plan on downloading it, listen to the crowd (or lack of it) when Cena is gone and Shane and Trips are just beating the hell out of HBK. King could only describe the people as "stunned" :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']While I'd love to see that feud rekindled (perhaps even letting Benoit be the heel this time, although since he's kinda the "standard technical wrestling guru," it may be hard to make him a bad guy - then again, they did a great job towards the tail end of Bret Hart's WWF run), it's someone who he never had a long-running feud with, but at the risk of spoiling too much, it's an opponent who basically was hired by the WWF because of a five-star match he had with Benoit years ago, and someone pitted against Benoit once or twice per year (usually on Velocity), and still knows how to go.

It's the guy I'd love to see feud with Finlay. ;)[/quote]

OK, that cleared it up. You're right, it should be really good if they're given the time. The mystery man vs. Finlay? Ouch!:boxing:

[quote name='mykevermin']To satisfy DemoMan's image of me as a lush, yes, I had a glass of Bock and Dortmunder. It's coffee for the moment for me.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

How did you know I pictured you as a grumpy old man? ;)

I found a torrent of Wrestling With Shadows, watching it now, I saw it when it first came out and caught parts since then but, man, it's weird, around 7 minutes in and in a span of about 30 seconds they show, Owen, the Bulldog, Brian Pillman and the Road Warriors.

In my head, I'm just going, dead, dead, dead and...dead.

In baseball, you can watch some games from 7 years ago and not see 4 guys that are dead.

Oops, forgot Sunny was right there too, isnt' she dead? Or at least lost her way. That doesn't count as much.

[quote name='mykevermin'] I was resisting the growing temptation to hurl my PSP at the fucking wall in much the same way that Roger Clemens hurls a fastball. I fucking SUCK at Metal Gear Acid. [/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe it was just because I enjoyed SNME so much, but this weeks RAW was reeeeeeeeeeally boring.

The whole "lets make yet another main event tag match" was predictable and stale, I called it as soon as Cena ran out.

That match with Torrie / Victoria was pointless, lasted about 5 seconds, and Candice really needs to get over her shitty airbrushed Playboy thing. Its funny, Chris Masters entrance was longer then that whole match.

Speaking of which, is Chris Master's entrance getting longer each week?

I really was bored this entire week... I can't think of any redeeming qualities about the show. Mickie James character has really grown on me, though.

Its sad that Vince vs Cena for next week had me more excited then anything this week.

PS Mick Foley giving Lita the mandable claw was nice, too.

[quote name='Roufuss']
PS Mick Foley giving Lita the mandable claw was nice, too.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to shove MY mandable claw in her mouth. :D

[quote name='Roufuss']Speaking of which, is Chris Master's entrance getting longer each week? [/QUOTE]
i'm not sure if his entrance is, but his hair is. it looked like they finally gave him a transplant or something and covered up his massive bald spot that was just getting bigger every week.

[quote name='mykevermin']Don't anabolic steroids cause severe hair loss (lookit Snitsky!)? If so, there's your answer, perhaps.[/quote]

I've heard it can, but it may just be genetics. I started losing my hair my senior year in high school. Masters should just shave his head. It works for Chapy, it works for Jason Statham, and it works for me. :)

Snitsky can do whatever he wants because he'll still be the ugliest SOB this side of Bastion Booger.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Don't worry, the only thing of note you missed was a table spot that I'm sure someone will convert into an animated GIF in the next couple of days. Oh yeah, and you missed Mark Henry.[/quote]

sorry for not posting it earlier...

shanehbk0gr8va.gif

[quote name='mykevermin']While I'd love to see that feud rekindled (perhaps even letting Benoit be the heel this time, although since he's kinda the "standard technical wrestling guru," it may be hard to make him a bad guy - then again, they did a great job towards the tail end of Bret Hart's WWF run), it's someone who he never had a long-running feud with, but at the risk of spoiling too much, it's an opponent who basically was hired by the WWF because of a five-star match he had with Benoit years ago, and someone pitted against Benoit once or twice per year (usually on Velocity), and still knows how to go.

It's the guy I'd love to see feud with Finlay. ;)[/quote]

Ironically the "mystery man" is the same guy I want to see TEAM with Finlay. I was also under the impression he was good buddies with Steve Austin, and that is really why he was brought in, in the first place, that and ruffling the feathers of one over-pushed WCW star at the time.

[quote name='mykevermin']Don't anabolic steroids cause severe hair loss (lookit Snitsky!)? If so, there's your answer, perhaps.[/quote]

I've made note of this before, I can almost assure you that Masters is not on steroids as he was heavily involved in amateur body-building before entering the WWE, and those guys do get tested religiously.

Oh, in other news Rosey was released... and nobody really cares, so much for 3 minute warning returning.

- WWE continues to go after parties who are violating their trademarks. In specific, WWE has contacted YouTube.com and told them to remove any videos on their site featuring WWE characters.

:( That makes me a sad Panda

For what it's worth, Masters looked smaller to me on Raw. Angle looked smaller at SNME, too. Seriously, kudos to the WWE for this new drug-testing program. Not only is it going to improve the health of wrestlers, it's also going to make for a better in-ring product.

That is, if they quit hiring back people like Mark motherfucking Jindrak.

I've been playing this "Wrestling Encore" game the past day and installed some unofficial mod that added WWE, TNA, ROH, etc to the game. Its funny in the season mode one week Snitsky left the WWE for (gasp) ROH. :rofl:

Yeah... I'm pretty sure he'll go over well there. ;)

Oh, and not to mention the fact that my character is with New Japan right now and I'm in the middle of some lame fued with Joanie "Chyna" Lauler... and she has this funny habbit of refering to herself as a "man." :rofl:

Good game tho even if the graphics do look like a joke. Worth checking out. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']I've been playing this "Wrestling Encore" game the past day and installed some unofficial mod that added WWE, TNA, ROH, etc to the game. Its funny in the season mode one week Snitsky left the WWE for (gasp) ROH. :rofl:

Yeah... I'm pretty sure he'll go over well there. ;)

Oh, and not to mention the fact that my character is with New Japan right now and I'm in the middle of some lame fued with Joanie "Chyna" Lauler... and she has this funny habbit of refering to herself as a "man." :rofl:

Good game tho even if the graphics do look like a joke. Worth checking out. :D[/quote]

Where did you find this? And what is it, exactly?

PWT works for me.

Do any of you (OT, I know) know how to find out what MMA matches are shown on TV? I turns out a cousin (in-law) is going to be making his television debut on Fox Sports (I think) on April 29 (that's the air date, or the taping date, I dunno). Any help from you mma nerds is greatly appreciated.

Man alive I hope he doesn't get pummeled.

[quote name='mykevermin']PWT works for me.

Do any of you (OT, I know) know how to find out what MMA matches are shown on TV? I turns out a cousin (in-law) is going to be making his television debut on Fox Sports (I think) on April 29 (that's the air date, or the taping date, I dunno). Any help from you mma nerds is greatly appreciated.

Man alive I hope he doesn't get pummeled.[/quote]

Thats weird. Evertyime I type in www.pwtorrents.net and hit enter I get "this page cannot be diplayed". I wonder what's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back