Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
"A little over 25% of the number of copies indicated from the poll (700) have ordered in the first 3.5 hours. So, I would say that's a decent start toward hitting the minimum number we got in the survey. "

NICE!

I already put in my order for a copy. I'll be enjoying it sooner or later, but it's nice to know we're getting a physical copy.

Thanks to Vic too for keeping us updated.

Weren't they supposed to email us when this was starting? I haven't seen anything yet. Going to wait till after Friday when I get paid to lock in my order.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Weren't they supposed to email us when this was starting? I haven't seen anything yet. Going to wait till after Friday when I get paid to lock in my order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no email for me either. Guess it is good I check this site. Going to put in my preorder now!

Ordered mine. Thanks for the heads up. I got the e-mail this morning at work and forgot about it.

Rare or not, I'll be opening it and playing it. Then when I get a VITA I'll download it.

Do download vouchers expire? I'll probably be getting a VITA later this year anyways (*cough* gonna win that $500 Amazon gift card ;))

I read this as Clash of Heroes 2 and was sorely disappointed :(

Looks like the original class of heroes had pretty bad reviews. What makes it so great?

[quote name='pROvIs']I read this as Clash of Heroes 2 and was sorely disappointed :(

Looks like the original class of heroes had pretty bad reviews. What makes it so great?[/QUOTE]

They made a lot of improvement. I think Vic went over them.

Feel back in love with my old PSP library so this is a no brainer. I personally care less about the download version or dungon crawlers, I just wanted to support those companies that take a great leap for something they believe them.

+1 thanx OP ...

I received the e-mail about the pre-sale today so I'm getting one. It seems like a really good deal since you get a limited production physical copy plus a digital copy for only $12 more than the cost of the digital only version that's going to be released on psn.

[quote name='domon']I don't even have a psp that takes umds but I want to buy this. I can put it on my Go, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, with the download code.

I just officially ordered one. This is the type of thing I love to support. Developers who take a risk bringing a niche game to a great system here in America, and go out of their way to make it physical and digital. I love the PSP, and I mostly do handheld gaming anymore, so this really was a no brainer.

Really looking forward to tinkering with all those classes.

I worked in production for many years.. takes time to design, create, proof, send back to everyone for approvals and eventually print, pack and ship. 4-8 weeks seems too fast given my past experience but if they can do it, good for them.

We've met 50% of the interest drive which was 2,700. Yes that is right around 1,400 copies already in less than 25 hours into this. Thanks guys and keep up the good work! :D

I was wondering if this was actually going to happen. I am looking forward to getting the second to last physical PSP game! :whee: (Assuming Sweet Fuse is actually released)

[quote name='KillerRamen']I was wondering if this was actually going to happen. I am looking forward to getting the second to last physical PSP game! :whee: (Assuming Sweet Fuse is actually released)[/QUOTE]
Don't say that just yet looks like we might be in for a few more physical PSP titles afterall.

Is this definitely going to stay up until the 8th? I've got Amazon credit pending that I want to use for this... I'd hate to miss it if they cut off pre-orders early.

[quote name='Vinny']Is this definitely going to stay up until the 8th? I've got Amazon credit pending that I want to use for this... I'd hate to miss it if they cut off pre-orders early.[/QUOTE]

Yes, preorders will stay open the whole time. I also don't believe you can use Amazon credit. It's Amazon payments like you would use for Kickstarter, so it charges to a credit card and doesn't access your regular Amazon store account or credits.

[quote name='Vinny']Is this definitely going to stay up until the 8th? I've got Amazon credit pending that I want to use for this... I'd hate to miss it if they cut off pre-orders early.[/QUOTE]

You can't use Amazon Credit for this.

Sadly Amazon credit will not work with this purchase. If there was a way then it would happen but i'm sorry. It's Amazon's decision what payment methods you can use and it seems only products from them are accepted or third parties on the site. This is a third party deal through Amazon Payments. To make it work where there would be listing for this up on Amazon itself Amazon would receive a 5-7x larger cut than that of the smaller 3% processing fee.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Don't say that just yet looks like we might be in for a few more physical PSP titles afterall.[/QUOTE]

At this point, I'm really not that worried if we ever get another physical PSP game after this or not. The system is no longer in production and I've already moved on. The UMD format has also always been kind of odd, so digital would be fine for Vita and PSP.

Although, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if that happens. People still release games on NES, Atari, ect every now and then. Personally, I would be much happier if Sony just put a PSP emulator on the PS3.

[quote name='slidecage']still dont know why this is going to take 4 to 8 weeks to make[/QUOTE]

Because it's essentially print on demand?

If CoH2 is a success MonkeyPaw is likely going to release CoH3 as UMD. I guess Aksys might release another physical game. Otherwise Atlus, Xseed, and everyone are done with UMD.

I'm a little confused with all of this (I don't follow the series). Why is this going to be so rare and why a UMD release?

I have no intention of playing this since I know nothing about it but I may bite for my collection if this is going to be some super rare item. But how rare will it be if people place 50 orders just to resell later?

[quote name='62t']If CoH2 is a success MonkeyPaw is likely going to release CoH3 as UMD. I guess Aksys might release another physical game. Otherwise Atlus, Xseed, and everyone are done with UMD.[/QUOTE]

GameStop has Sweet Fuse: At Your Side (Aksys) listed for 8/27/13. I'm honestly surprised that they have it listed since I thought GameStop stopped carrying PSP games.

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/sweet-fuse-at-your-side/108229

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I'm a little confused with all of this (I don't follow the series). Why is this going to be so rare and why a UMD release?

I have no intention of playing this since I know nothing about it but I may bite for my collection if this is going to be some super rare item. But how rare will it be if people place 50 orders just to resell later?[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt anyone would buy that many copies......except Play Canada. This will most likely jump in price after it's release due to the fact that there is only going to be as many copies circulating as people buy that means if there are 3,000 people who buy this there will only EVER be 3,000. at this rate we might hit that number but 4,000? I wish but i'm not going to bet on it. This is mainly for those who generally prefer physical over digital or collector's so go ahead and buy it I can at least guarantee you that it won't lower in price.

I was thinking about what happened to this game a couple of hours ago since I remember a thread like this a couple of months ago glad to hear it's still going on.

Hopefully I get some money before this sells out as I'd like to get myself a copy. Will be picking up a Vita in the near future and would like something to play with it.

[quote name='orcishlad']Ordered my Kickstarter copy. I'm tempted to pick up a second one but I don't want to make my wallet cry.[/QUOTE]

You know, I gotta say, the price really isn't too bad considering A) it'll likely be a low print run and therefore increased costs per unit and B) you get a digital and physical copy of the game. I'm actually pretty impressed with this and can't wait for my copy to arrive.

Well, I ordered one. I'm know nothing about the game but I'm a sucker for collectibles.

Funny how I can justify paying $40 for a game I won't play vs thinking $35 is too much for a game I do want to play (Injustice).

Even though the first game had issues, the gameplay was still very good for a dungeon crawler. It sounds like the worst part of the first game, the confusing UI, has been totally revamped and is much better this time around.

This series is right up there with Etrian Odyssey for me, as far as gameplay goes.

...And apparently less than 400 copies of the Kickstarter version have been sold. Now I'm seriously considering getting a second Kickstarter copy.

[quote name='orcishlad']...And apparently less than 400 copies of the Kickstarter version have been sold. Now I'm seriously considering getting a second Kickstarter copy.[/QUOTE]

how do you know if your getting the kickstarter... i got emails saying heres a reminder about it but i dont remember doing it...

love to get the kickstarter

just a heads up for those thinking this would be RARE = big cash.... look at persona solid gold that game is going nowhere LOL EDIT then again seem the price is going a little higher

[quote name='orcishlad']...And apparently less than 400 copies of the Kickstarter version have been sold. Now I'm seriously considering getting a second Kickstarter copy.[/QUOTE]

How would you get another kickstarter copy if the funding was unsuccessful

[quote name='slidecage']just a heads up for those thinking this would be RARE = big cash.... look at persona solid gold that game is going nowhere LOL EDIT then again seem the price is going a little higher[/QUOTE]

P4G is an enhanced remake with butchered character voices on a handheld no one owns, and the Solid Gold version had 10k units made iirc which is more then 5x as many copies as this game so far and more then 10x the number of KS copies sold.

[quote name='SMBScooby']How would you get another kickstarter copy if the funding was unsuccessful[/QUOTE]

People who backed the failed kickstarter are able to order a special version of the game that no one else can (I want one :( ).

[quote name='Fabrizo']a handheld no one owns[/QUOTE]

Wait let me take a guess at this one

Cause it isnt selling as well as the 3DS?

[quote name='just a heads up for those thinking this would be RARE = big cash.... look at persona solid gold that game is going nowhere LOL EDIT then again seem the price is going a little higher[/QUOTE']

Persona 4 solid gold goes for $30-$50 above MSRP. It will get higher once less people are selling it.

[quote name='Fabrizo']P4G is an enhanced remake with butchered character voices on a handheld no one owns, and the Solid Gold version had 10k units made iirc which is more then 5x as many copies as this game so far and more then 10x the number of KS copies sold.

People who backed the failed kickstarter are able to order a special version of the game that no one else can (I want one :( ).[/QUOTE]

and persona 4 is on a live system well sort of live system (vita)
while this game is on a long dead system psp.

still though ended up buying one...

have no clue what im going to do with the UMD i just wanted the download code

[quote name='Fabrizo'] People who backed the failed kickstarter are able to order a special version of the game that no one else can (I want one :( ).[/QUOTE]

What does the kickstarter come with?

[quote name='SMBScooby']What does the kickstarter come with?[/QUOTE]
It's just an alternate cover art for the case and UMD.

[quote name='SMBScooby']What does the kickstarter come with?[/QUOTE]

view;_ylt=A0PDoS4ynIFRwy8AweCJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n

bread's done
Back