Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']I'm guessing the way they handled this is what threw off a lot of people.

First they have a sign up campaign to see if there's 2500 people interested. Then they have an actual campaign for get 2500 pre-orders for a physical release.

But you're not buying a physical release straight up. You are "purchasing a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy."

And even more so, "We are ordering physical+digital product to match the number of digital vouchers sold, and for that reason, please understand that there are NO REFUNDS," basically says that if your physical copy gets damaged, you're fucked (even though the sender is responsible for the safe delivery of the item). The 4-8 weeks delivery time (and lets be honest, I doubt it be any faster than the full 8 weeks) gives them plenty of time to absolve themselves of any liability related to the physical release from Amazon Payments or your credit card company.

I'm curious though, have people already been charged? I bought mine over the weekend and there's nothing on my CC yet.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're correct in the reasoning. I think what's really happening is that this ended up being slightly more expensive than people anticipated (Californians even had to pay tax bringing the total to almost $40 a copy) and the payment options were far too restrictive. Lots of people don't have or won't use an Amazon payments account. In fact, that's one of the major reasons Kickstarters often have a parallel Paypal option. No reason that Vic couldn't have done the same here. There is also no way for people to get one if they can't pay immediately meaning that some people that would be interested but who can't swing $37+ in the next two days are out of luck.

While I ordered several copies, I did so more as a show of support for the general principal of physical releases of obscure games. Frankly, I'm turned off by the whole music rights/deleted intro thing and I have little or no interest in this particular title or series.

I doubt that Vic is going to screw anyone that receives a damaged copy. He is doing fulfillment personally from what I can tell and I would suspect that on the off chance it gets damaged (which frankly seems pretty unlikely given that it's not a collector's edition or some fragile packaging game), I'm sure he would send a replacement out.

What's the update? They're extending the sale period?

It was supposed to end today right (or tomorrow)?

How long is the window open for now?

[quote name='GBAstar']What's the update? They're extending the sale period?

It was supposed to end today right (or tomorrow)?

How long is the window open for now?[/QUOTE]

How it sounds they extended it to the weekend . Who knows

[quote name='Drclaw411']It was originally scheduled to end tomorrow. I don't know about any extension period.[/QUOTE]

Vic posted earlier today on the Gaijinworks forum that because they hadn't hit 2500 units yet, they would probably extend preorders to the weekend.

[quote name='slidecage']
This is sort of why im worried even with dealing with this company..

They go THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE LIMITED FOR 10 days and 10 days only... then when they dont meet that goal they go O we are going to extend it till the weekend and when 2500 is not still there they probally extend it again and again and again and just keep pushing the release date back and back and back and back and back..

remember folks they already have our cash so they can just sit on their hands and force everyone to wait for their magical number to appear[/QUOTE]

It's STILL limited... One print and one print ONLY. Vic is trying to NOT create a debt that he has to cover HIMSELF, because 2700 purchase promises are not following through. Not getting the number will screw over the next releases, with not giving as much of a budget to work with. Do you want that?

[quote name='Frahps']It's STILL limited... One print and one print ONLY. Vic is trying to NOT create a debt that he has to cover HIMSELF, because 2700 purchase promises are not following through. Not getting the number will screw over the next releases, with not giving as much of a budget to work with. Do you want that?[/QUOTE]

what keeps him from saying ... o we dont have 2500 on the 11 so im pushing it till the 20th.. 20th comes
o we dont have it push it till end of month and so on..

how it sounds the 4-8 weeks is AFTER THE CUT OFF DATE unless im wrong.. but i thought he also said that he would tell an idea when the PSN verison was coming last friday or early this week and no info ever came out on that

[quote name='Frahps']It's STILL limited... One print and one print ONLY. Vic is trying to NOT create a debt that he has to cover HIMSELF, because 2700 purchase promises are not following through. Not getting the number will screw over the next releases, with not giving as much of a budget to work with. Do you want that?[/QUOTE]
This. Exactly this. Don't misread the situation other wise.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't think you're correct in the reasoning. I think what's really happening is that this ended up being slightly more expensive than people anticipated (Californians even had to pay tax bringing the total to almost $40 a copy) and the payment options were far too restrictive. Lots of people don't have or won't use an Amazon payments account. In fact, that's one of the major reasons Kickstarters often have a parallel Paypal option. No reason that Vic couldn't have done the same here. There is also no way for people to get one if they can't pay immediately meaning that some people that would be interested but who can't swing $37+ in the next two days are out of luck.

While I ordered several copies, I did so more as a show of support for the general principal of physical releases of obscure games. Frankly, I'm turned off by the whole music rights/deleted intro thing and I have little or no interest in this particular title or series.

I doubt that Vic is going to screw anyone that receives a damaged copy. He is doing fulfillment personally from what I can tell and I would suspect that on the off chance it gets damaged (which frankly seems pretty unlikely given that it's not a collector's edition or some fragile packaging game), I'm sure he would send a replacement out.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think the biggest problem was the weeks between the original sign up and the real sale. People have short memories.

[quote name='slidecage']what keeps him from saying ... o we dont have 2500 on the 11 so im pushing it till the 20th.. 20th comes
o we dont have it push it till end of month and so on..

how it sounds the 4-8 weeks is AFTER THE CUT OFF DATE unless im wrong.. but i thought he also said that he would tell an idea when the PSN verison was coming last friday or early this week and no info ever came out on that[/QUOTE]

Why worry about... something hypothetical? Honestly... He extended the initial sign up, but only by a half a week, which is what it sounds like he'll be doing here.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't have a problem with him extending it to hit 2,500. I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with him extending the deadline... but doesn't this mean that we'll be 4-8 weeks plus the time it takes to meet the new dead line?:whistle2:/

Eh to me 8 weeks from tomorrow and 8 weeks from Sunday don't make much of a difference. I'm surprised we haven't seen butthurts raging a rare vs not rare debate. I was kind of looking forward to grabbing some popcorn for that.

Has he even said which cover is the Kickstarter version, and which is the normal version?

I originally said I'd order 3 copies. I ordered one so far. Because I was trying to see if I can get a kickstarter version. I'll probably still order a second.

But honestly, I'm a little annoyed because he didn't mention tax, nor the $2 increase. I agreed to order 3 copies at $35 a piece, not 3 copies at $40 a piece. When I pledge $35 for Kickstarter, I don't magically get charged $40. It's essentially a 14.2% increase from what I agreed on paying.

I'm also annoyed about the delay. People say it's not his fault, but it is.

The charge now, ship in 8 weeks deal also annoys me. It means if something happens, and he doesn't ship it in over 8 weeks, I have no recourse.

You get a code to redeem for stuff later? WTF is this, a raffle sale?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Eh to me 8 weeks from tomorrow and 8 weeks from Sunday don't make much of a difference. I'm surprised we haven't seen butthurts raging a rare vs not rare debate. I was kind of looking forward to grabbing some popcorn for that.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a given it will be rare. I thought the most likely debate for this thread would be "Aftermarket value will soar vs. No, everyone who wants it would already own it."

[quote name='Vinny']I don't have a problem with him extending the deadline... but doesn't this mean that we'll be 4-8 weeks plus the time it takes to meet the new dead line?:whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

No. They will still be paying out of pocket for the copies that aren't sold in order to reach the 2,500 goal. He can keep extending/selling those remaining copies even while they have been sold, which they should.

[quote name='Tigershard']Selling niche Japanese games outside of Japan is hard. Add in all the work that goes in to bringing a game over and often it is not a good financial decision for a company. XSeed is very candid about this: http://kotaku.com/5971695/the-game-savers-how-a-tiny-company-gives-neglected-japanese-games-new-life-in-america[/QUOTE]

Not when you have people offering to buy 100-250 copies wholesale. These guys straight up ignore you at all contacts. To put it simply, they suffer from the typical American problem that they don't want sales. They're great creating games but bad at capitalism.

IF anyone knows a contact that will contact me about a wholesale order from this company, tell them to get in touch with me ASAP. I'll help them fill quota.

was about to place my order but there is a person there who ask the same question about 4 to 8 weeks twice and VIC refuse to respond to the question....(or did not see it)

still smells fishy

I've got the "order shipped" E-mail today. Also got the PSN code as well. A few people on Gamefaqs also confirmed to have the E-mail confirmation.

[quote name='Crimson Mist']I've got the "order shipped" E-mail today. Also got the PSN code as well. A few people on Gamefaqs also confirmed to have the E-mail confirmation.[/QUOTE]

are you sure those are not just the PLACEMENT HOLD EMAILS

what the hell i wanted it anyways so i finally put my order in

really dont see how these could be shipping i doubt they even start making them until all the orders are in...though i could be wrong

FROM GAMEFAQS someone said

Got the same E-mail today in the morning. Also received the digital code, informing me that the game will be available on PSN within 4 weeks or so.

[quote name='SynGamer']No. They will still be paying out of pocket for the copies that aren't sold in order to reach the 2,500 goal. He can keep extending/selling those remaining copies even while they have been sold, which they should.[/QUOTE]

Oh, cool then.

[quote name='simmias']LOL, you guys are too much. Why are so many niche gamers such fucking drama queens?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. The two posts before yours take the cake.

[quote name='RainFall']Not when you have people offering to buy 100-250 copies wholesale. These guys straight up ignore you at all contacts. To put it simply, they suffer from the typical American problem that they don't want sales. They're great creating games but bad at capitalism.

IF anyone knows a contact that will contact me about a wholesale order from this company, tell them to get in touch with me ASAP. I'll help them fill quota.[/QUOTE]

That really defeats the purpose of what they are doing. I'm sure they could have solicited and obtained distribution if they wanted from one or more small retailers or chains, but that's not how this is structured. If you want some copies, all you need to do is purchase them. There's no reason for you to act as a middle man for this thing (and presumably siphon off a significant percentage of the profit from Gaijinworks) as anyone can buy a copy themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crimson Mist']I've got the "order shipped" E-mail today. Also got the PSN code as well. A few people on Gamefaqs also confirmed to have the E-mail confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you don't have a PSN code yet. All you have is confirmation that the order was received and that you will be receiving a PSN code. Read the e-mails more closely as it's explained fully.

I actually received the "its shipped" email back on the 3rd, but it hasn't ACTUALLY shipped yet and theres no PSN code. Its totally placeholder that they've successfully charged my money and will ship in the future or whatever.

So it's at 2200 now, and the sale has been extended by 4 days in the hopes that that'll be enough time to sell the remaining 300.

[quote name='simmias']LOL, you guys are too much. Why are so many niche gamers such fucking drama queens?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the internet, where people want super rare items at low low prices NOW.

You should have gotten 2 emails. The first was from Gaijinworks saying that you'll be receiving a voucher number, the second from Amazon saying your product has "shipped".

As others said, it hasn't shipped yet. The first email explains that it won't ship for another 4-8 weeks. I wonder how many people will seriously think it's shipped and start complaining in a couple of weeks at Gaijinworks about why they don't have their order yet? :\

[quote name='Fabrizo']So it's at 2200 now, and the sale has been extended by 4 days in the hopes that that'll be enough time to sell the remaining 300.[/QUOTE]

If they have unclaimed Kickstarter copies, they should open those up... I'd buy another copy then.:D

[quote name='Vinny']If they have unclaimed Kickstarter copies, they should open those up... I'd buy another copy then.:D[/QUOTE]

I agree. I would love to buy a Kickstarter copy. Already ordered a regular copy. :D

[quote name='Vinny']If they have unclaimed Kickstarter copies, they should open those up... I'd buy another copy then.:D[/QUOTE]

Per Vic, not gonna happen.

[quote name='bojay1997']Per Vic, not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, at one point there was a former Working Designs employee selling tons of sealed WD games on eBay at huge premiums (like 20+ of each game they ever released). If that was Vic, I'd wager he'll probably hold on to any excess Kickstarter versions and sell them himself down the line once he can get a nice premium.

[quote name='sabanoo']Everyone saying they'd buy another copy if they could get the KS version... where were you last year during the KS? :cry:[/QUOTE]

I don't remember exactly, but I think you need to commit $60 for a physical copy? fuck that noise. I also remember some of the lower reward tiers being absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT* I just looked it up.
$59 is the lowest tier that actually gets you the game, albeit a physical copy. The two lowest tiers get you "thank yous", and the third lowest tier adds a poster to the thank you. Also, $500K also seemed like a lot to ask for for what they wanted to do.

[quote name='Doomstink']If I remember correctly, at one point there was a former Working Designs employee selling tons of sealed WD games on eBay at huge premiums (like 20+ of each game they ever released). If that was Vic, I'd wager he'll probably hold on to any excess Kickstarter versions and sell them himself down the line once he can get a nice premium.[/QUOTE]

That was indeed Vic.

[quote name='Doomstink']If I remember correctly, at one point there was a former Working Designs employee selling tons of sealed WD games on eBay at huge premiums (like 20+ of each game they ever released). If that was Vic, I'd wager he'll probably hold on to any excess Kickstarter versions and sell them himself down the line once he can get a nice premium.[/QUOTE]

He only had some copies of the Sega CD and Saturn games, so it wasn't anywhere close to everything they released. He had no copies of the harder to find Turbo Grafx stuff and I don't believe he even had any of the Playstation stuff. In any event, he waited for over a decade to sell those copies, so I think it's pretty unlikely he is going to get into Ebay resale of this particular game anytime soon.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't remember exactly, but I think you need to commit $60 for a physical copy? fuck that noise. I also remember some of the lower reward tiers being absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT* I just looked it up.
$59 is the lowest tier that actually gets you the game, albeit a physical copy. The two lowest tiers get you "thank yous", and the third lowest tier adds a poster to the thank you. Also, $500K also seemed like a lot to ask for for what they wanted to do.
[/QUOTE]

I am well aware $59 was the lowest for a physical copy. It's just strange to me how everyone is now clamoring to get the KS exclusive version for an extra $37 when it's just artwork. The $59 was going to be a deluxe edition like the days of old.

I'd much rather have a great deluxe edition for $59 than a regular copy and another regular copy with different art for $74 but I guess that's just me.

I do agree that the sub-$59 tiers were pretty bad though.

[quote name='sabanoo']I am well aware $59 was the lowest for a physical copy. It's just strange to me how everyone is now clamoring to get the KS exclusive version for an extra $37 when it's just artwork. The $59 was going to be a deluxe edition like the days of old.

I'd much rather have a great deluxe edition for $59 than a regular copy and another regular copy with different art for $74 but I guess that's just me.

I do agree that the sub-$59 tiers were pretty bad though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would just be really happy to get a physical copy of the game (couldn't care less about different artwork, but to each his own)

[quote name='bojay1997']He only had some copies of the Sega CD and Saturn games, so it wasn't anywhere close to everything they released. He had no copies of the harder to find Turbo Grafx stuff and I don't believe he even had any of the Playstation stuff. In any event, he waited for over a decade to sell those copies, so I think it's pretty unlikely he is going to get into Ebay resale of this particular game anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

I know I saw copies of Vanguard Bandits, Lunar 2, Arc the Lad Collection, and Alundra after WD went defunct (which was 2005). I only remember because I put off getting those games and my eBay searches often showed "signed" new copies of those games available. Apparently, he continued to do it when he started Gaijinworks.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4438

Seems like that stuff should have been sold to support WD (especially since his arrogance and big mouth are two reasons why the company failed, even though he solely blames Sony) instead of lining his own pocket. It wouldn't surprise me if the KS copies did show up on eBay a few years later.

[quote name='sabanoo']I am well aware $59 was the lowest for a physical copy. It's just strange to me how everyone is now clamoring to get the KS exclusive version for an extra $37 when it's just artwork. The $59 was going to be a deluxe edition like the days of old.

I guess I want the KS version because it adds to the rarity of it. I almost always go for the special edition when it comes to role playing or niche games. But in the end, I can't argue against those being exclusive to KS supporters even if that's not the real reason.

[quote name='Vinny']I know I saw copies of Vanguard Bandits, Lunar 2, Arc the Lad Collection, and Alundra after WD went defunct (which was 2005). I only remember because I put off getting those games and my eBay searches often showed "signed" new copies of those games available. Apparently, he continued to do it when he started Gaijinworks.
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4438

Seems like that stuff should have been sold to support WD (especially since his arrogance and big mouth are two reasons why the company failed, even though he solely blames Sony) instead of lining his own pocket. It wouldn't surprise me if the KS copies did show up on eBay a few years later.

I guess I want the KS version because it adds to the rarity of it. I almost always go for the special edition when it comes to role playing or niche games. But in the end, I can't argue against those being exclusive to KS supporters even if that's not the real reason.[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand your argument. Are you trying to make some kind of claim that Vic stole all that merchandise? How do you know he didn't pay for it or wasn't owed money when WD folded and accepted the goods as payment? Should the games have just been destroyed when the company folded? It's not like any of the games you listed are super rare and they have only gone up in value quite a bit in the past few years, long after Vic sold them.

As for this release, I'm getting pretty disgusted with people making outrageous claims about Vic planning to not fulfill orders or scalping Kickstarter versions himself. If you don't want to buy it, fine, but take your ridiculous speculation and unfounded attacks somewhere else.

[quote name='bojay1997']I really don't understand your argument. Are you trying to make some kind of claim that Vic stole all that merchandise? How do you know he didn't pay for it or wasn't owed money when WD folded and accepted the goods as payment? Should the games have just been destroyed when the company folded? It's not like any of the games you listed are super rare and they have only gone up in value quite a bit in the past few years, long after Vic sold them. [/QUOTE]

You're right, it was his company and depending on how it was incorporated, he might have lost money (wages or otherwise). In that case, yeah, I could understand him selling those games. But he's probably the biggest factor for what happened to WD. He blames Sony for WD's demise but ignores all the money WD lost due to him saying Interact memory cards sucked or refusing to release games on Sony's system for years. Even during the Class of Heroes 2 KS, they showed PS3 screens instead of actual PSP screens. Sure most people can tell, but it's probably not the most honest approach.

I'm just saying this: he's not the most straight forward guy. He's a marketer, more than anything.

You're math is a bit biased, no? The current campaign is $37 for a physical + digital copy of the game. It's $37 for EITHER version...now, if YOU decided to spend $74 total between the two versions, that's your choice. But right now the comparison should be;

$59 - KickStarter Deluxe
$37 - Regular Physical+Digital

[quote name='SynGamer']You're math is a bit biased, no? The current campaign is $37 for a physical + digital copy of the game. It's $37 for EITHER version...now, if YOU decided to spend $74 total between the two versions, that's your choice. But right now the comparison should be;

$59 - KickStarter Deluxe
$37 - Regular Physical+Digital[/QUOTE]

No, you are incorrect. The people I was talking about (that I believe are in this thread) mentioned that they wanted an *additional* copy that was the KS version. Hence, $59 vs. $74 (for two copies).

Your comparison is fine if you want to make a new argument but it is not what I was talking about. I was saying I'd much rather have a great deluxe edition for $59 than two copies of a regular edition with different art for $74. I believe that is fairly clear from, "...than a regular copy and another regular copy..."

[quote name='bojay1997']
As for this release, I'm getting pretty disgusted with people making outrageous claims about Vic planning to not fulfill orders or scalping Kickstarter versions himself. If you don't want to buy it, fine, but take your ridiculous speculation and unfounded attacks somewhere else.[/QUOTE] This. Seriously guys.

bread's done
Back