Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='doodofdoods']I still have intend to buy points for the metroid prime trilogy ready to be redeemed. So at least 9 months.[/QUOTE]

Oh good, I was a little worried there. I have SMG2 but wasn't opening it until I give it to my daughter for her 9th Birthday on June 29th. Thanks for the info :)

I have a bunch of post play surveys that expire in 2013 or whatever. I'm also at platinum status right now. (810 coins)

What happens when the new Nintendo year starts? Do I keep my 810 points? I lose platinum status, right? New prizes show up and old ones go away?

Will the rewards that are available now, still be available after June 30th? I'm debating about saving my points up or using some to buy the Zelda posters. I'd hate to wait and miss out

You'll keep your coins, but not your status. That is my understanding.

You're supposed to lose coins if they are unused after 2 full Club Nintendo years. So it is entirely possible that you'll lose coins after the 30th.

[quote name='agentcoop007']Oh good, I was a little worried there. I have SMG2 but wasn't opening it until I give it to my daughter for her 9th Birthday on June 29th. Thanks for the info :)[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Hope she enjoys it.

[quote name='Doomed']I have a bunch of post play surveys that expire in 2013 or whatever. I'm also at platinum status right now. (810 coins)

What happens when the new Nintendo year starts? Do I keep my 810 points? I lose platinum status, right? New prizes show up and old ones go away?[/QUOTE]

Your status will reset but you'll keep your points for two full nintendo years after you register them. That means any points you registered from July 2009 to June 2010 will last until June 2012.

[quote name='oakafanforlife']Will the rewards that are available now, still be available after June 30th? I'm debating about saving my points up or using some to buy the Zelda posters. I'd hate to wait and miss out[/QUOTE]

They'll probably still be available. The only way they might not be available is if they run out of stock. I'm not sure if they're guaranteed to restock them.

[quote name='KingBroly']You'll keep your coins, but not your status. That is my understanding.

You're supposed to lose coins if they are unused after 2 full Club Nintendo years. So it is entirely possible that you'll lose coins after the 30th.[/QUOTE]
So it was not a good idea registering all of my Nintendo products in the last month? :drool: I don't get any platinum rewards for doing so in this Nintendo year, and the status resets in a month?

As a reminder to those CAGers that are short coins for prizes and/or gold/platinum rewards, on the OP, there is a link to the Club Nintendo trading/selling thread. In case you are interested, I also have quite a few Wii Codes for trade ASAP (so you can become gold/platinum before the deadline).

Platinum achieved, woohoo. I thought I had a busted Mario Galaxy 2 code, but apparently I had registered it without remembering I had done so... and it could only have been over the weekend.

[quote name='Doomed']So it was not a good idea registering all of my Nintendo products in the last month? :drool: I don't get any platinum rewards for doing so in this Nintendo year, and the status resets in a month?[/QUOTE]

The status resets in a month, but you do get the platinum reward, which has yet to be revealed, for this year. If you registered more than 600 points worth, then you missed out in the sense that those points could've started accumulating towards next year's elite/platinum status starting on July 1st.

[quote name='doodofdoods']
Your status will reset but you'll keep your points for two full nintendo years after you register them. That means any points you registered from July 2009 to June 2010 will last until June 2012.
[/QUOTE]
from the nintendo FAQ:

Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?

Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

So wait, this is getting confusing because of how they started the thing. I have points that were earned in December 2008
When do those expire? This June right?

And I have points from July 2009 which will expire next year right?

[quote name='sciafb']from the nintendo FAQ:

Why are my Coins listed with an expiration date?

Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011.

So wait, this is getting confusing because of how they started the thing. I have points that were earned in December 2008
When do those expire? This June right?

And I have points from July 2009 which will expire next year right?[/QUOTE]
If you registered the coins in December 2008, they would be good for the remainder of that club year (December 2008-June 30, 2009) plus two full Club Nintendo Years (July 1-June 30, 2010 and July 1-June 30, 2011). If anyone reads that differently, please clarify.

Essentially coins are good for 2-3 years, depending upon when they were registered.

I'm down to 290 coins myself, I guess I'll wait until I get back up to 350 and get the Mario posters if nothing else shows up.

[quote name='botticus']If you registered the coins in December 2008, they would be good for the remainder of that club year (December 2008-June 30, 2009) plus two full Club Nintendo Years (July 1-June 30, 2010 and July 1-June 30, 2011). If anyone reads that differently, please clarify.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I've read it all along.

For those who just need a few more coins, if you have a DSi/DSiXL, you might consider some of the cheap $2 titles. The Post-Play survey will net you 10 coins for each one. However, it does take about a week for the post-play survey to pop up, so make sure you do this soon enough to get credit for them this year.

The Mario Clock is a fun little application. :)

[quote name='UncleBob']That's exactly how I've read it all along.

For those who just need a few more coins, if you have a DSi/DSiXL, you might consider some of the cheap $2 titles. The Post-Play survey will net you 10 coins for each one. However, it does take about a week for the post-play survey to pop up, so make sure you do this soon enough to get credit for them this year.

The Mario Clock is a fun little application. :)[/QUOTE]

Buying things to not use or have no need for is rediculous for 10 coins. You can purchase 50 coin Club Nintendo codes for around $3, which is a much better deal.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Buying things to not use or have no need for is rediculous for 10 coins. You can purchase 50 coin Club Nintendo codes for around $3, which is a much better deal.[/QUOTE]

Of course, that is an option. But some of the $2 DSiWare titles are, say, the Game and Watch games and the Electroplankton titles. You could get five of those and 50 coins for $10 (or less, depending on how you get your Nintendo Points - Pepsi Rock Band Promo for the win!). So, for $7 more, you get 5 little titles that will bring you a little bit of joy. ;)

Also, Escapee Go and Birds and Beans are well worth the $2 even before you figure in the Club Nintendo coins. Paper Airplane is somewhat fun. And there are several sudoku titles on there for $2, if you're into that.

G&W Donkey Kong Jr. is totally worth it. Great G&W game. So if you're looking for 10 coins you could definitely do worse then that one.

I have 1380 points and nothing I want. I wish they had re-released actual game and watch games. I used to own Donkey Kong Jr and I'd love to have that again.

[quote name='ZForce915']I have 1380 points and nothing I want. I wish they had re-released actual game and watch games. I used to own Donkey Kong Jr and I'd love to have that again.[/QUOTE]

The Platinum Prize for Japan last year was an actual Game and Watch, so here's hoping (though I would prefer the Galaxy 2, 2 disc sountrack)!

[quote name='dyeknom']Wonder if they are going to repeat last year. Maybe a Luigi Hat and DLC Demo for WiiParty with an "extra minigame"[/QUOTE]

I am expecting the Game & Watch Japan had actually. The Mario hat was the prize in Japan last year, and we ended up getting that.

Also, I hope a WiiParty 'demo' isn't a reality :bomb:

I wish the Everybody Votes channel had a vote on it.... That would make too much sense though... :roll:

Just achieved Platinum...was gold last year.

Quick question because I'm confused about coins expiring...My first coins were entered in January of 2009...based on what has been said here my coins shouldn't expire until the end of the next Nintendo year. Is that correct?

I don't even know when I earned my older coins. I bought the first G&W DS game and I was sort of saving for the second one but now I think I should buy something just to be safe. That or spend enough of my Nintendo bucks on VC games to get to 800 coins.

under your total coins on the left there should be a link that says see details, that gives you the time line of when you earned how much and from what, and what the total became after that addition.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Just achieved Platinum...was gold last year.

Quick question because I'm confused about coins expiring...My first coins were entered in January of 2009...based on what has been said here my coins shouldn't expire until the end of the next Nintendo year. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]

You're in the same boat as me, basically those coins lasted until the end of that year (june 30, 09) and began their 2 year lifespan at July 01, 09. So two years means, for us our coins won't start expiring until June 30, 2011. One more year, hope we can get some more decent prizes by then.

I only need 10 coins and Ill have enough for the ds case or I may get the ds slelkfers.
Dont know. Anyone know what the new prizes are this year.

Somehow I missed it before - Sin & Punishment is up for intend to buy for several more days. Figured I'd mention it in case anybody else missed that one.

Wasn't Dec. 2008 when they first started giving out coins? That's when my earliest ones are from. I had 1570 coins back in Dec. 2008 and have spent 1600 points since then, so I think my existing points are safe, although I think they were good through July 2011 anyway.

Did anyone else get an email about DQIX? They asked me to forward the email to Golin Harris (Nintendo's PR) if I was interested in some fun activities to celebrate its launch. Guess I'll see what's going on.

Damn, Game and Watch Collection 2 is available, eh. I wanna get that, but I'm going to wait until the start of the new year to register coins. Figure I'll register right up to 800, and then clear them out.

D'oh! So much for just hitting the mark this year. I realized I hadn't registered my DSi and it said something about completing the survey and getting 160 points. So I thought I'd wait on the survey but it made me do it anyway - instant 160 points, which put me 100 over what I needed for platinum. That was kind of dumb. It would have been a great leg up on next year's platinum status if I saved it for another 4 weeks.

[quote name='io']D'oh! So much for just hitting the mark this year. I realized I hadn't registered my DSi and it said something about completing the survey and getting 160 points. So I thought I'd wait on the survey but it made me do it anyway - instant 160 points, which put me 100 over what I needed for platinum. That was kind of dumb. It would have been a great leg up on next year's platinum status if I saved it for another 4 weeks.[/QUOTE]

You could have closed the window, and reloaded it and it would have been on your queue. I had my DSI on my queue for a few months now.

[quote name='Frankski']What does it mean that the Club Year ends June 30th? Do points expire or something?[/QUOTE]

Status resets. After 2 years, coins expire- so it is too soon for anyone to worry about that.

[quote name='Frankski']What does it mean that the Club Year ends June 30th? Do points expire or something?[/QUOTE]
It means that you will no longer be eligible to register games for the year. If you're trying to hit gold or platinum status for the year, you need to do it buy June 30. All points registered after that will be used towards next year's status.

[quote name='botticus']Did anyone else get an email about DQIX? They asked me to forward the email to Golin Harris (Nintendo's PR) if I was interested in some fun activities to celebrate its launch. Guess I'll see what's going on.[/QUOTE]
So I guess I'm the only one who got this? They asked for my address afterward, so hopefully they'll send me a free copy of the game!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']You could have closed the window, and reloaded it and it would have been on your queue. I had my DSI on my queue for a few months now.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap, I wish I had known that. Oh well...

[quote name='botticus']So I guess I'm the only one who got this? They asked for my address afterward, so hopefully they'll send me a free copy of the game![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got nothing and with all the games I have reg'd since the early Gamecube days not to mention that I've bought all the recent DQ games and remakes (though Nintendo wouldn't know that), that will kind of piss me off if you get a free DQ IX. I actually have it preordered at Amazon too...

[quote name='io']Well, crap, I wish I had known that. Oh well...

Yeah, I got nothing and with all the games I have reg'd since the early Gamecube days not to mention that I've bought all the recent DQ games and remakes (though Nintendo wouldn't know that), that will kind of piss me off if you get a free DQ IX. I actually have it preordered at Amazon too...[/QUOTE]
I actually have it ordered at Amazon and GameStop, so that's probably what put me over the top. :lol:

[quote name='Dakinggamer']I'm looking forward to prizes for Platinum and Gold status this year!!:D[/QUOTE]

You're only getting a Platinum prize, unless you have two separate accounts.

For anyone who cares, they now have a Wii Remote Holder that is in Black. That is about 300 coins. I just wanted to put that out there for anyone who may be interested at all.

Has anyone who registered Super Mario Galaxy 2 received a Post-Play survey yet?

Nintendo's FAQ says that Post-Play surveys become available 7 days after completing the registration survey. I completed my registration survey Thursday, June 3.

I know that it hasn't been a week yet for me, but I'm just curious to know whether others have gotten theirs -- I'm 90 coins away from platinum and I'd like to not over-register for the year. I'd prefer to earn 50 (Wii Game) + 30 (DS Game) + 10 (Post-Play Survey) vs. 100 (2 Wii Games). (And, unfortunately, I haven't 3 DS Games to earn 90 coins that way.)

Thanks!

I just registered my DSi and I didn't get any points. I've connected to the DSi shop and everything. Does it take a while to get them? Also a message popped up that said I was not eligible for the extended warranty and you only get points when registering a DSi.

[quote name='Trillian']I don't know about the warranty, but the points shouldn't show up until you do a survey on the DSi.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm do you mean a survey about the DSi or actually on the DSi? I don't actually need the points now (already hit platinum) but I'd like to know.

[quote name='mr_btw']Has anyone who registered Super Mario Galaxy 2 received a Post-Play survey yet?

Nintendo's FAQ says that Post-Play surveys become available 7 days after completing the registration survey. I completed my registration survey Thursday, June 3.

I know that it hasn't been a week yet for me, but I'm just curious to know whether others have gotten theirs -- I'm 90 coins away from platinum and I'd like to not over-register for the year. I'd prefer to earn 50 (Wii Game) + 30 (DS Game) + 10 (Post-Play Survey) vs. 100 (2 Wii Games). (And, unfortunately, I haven't 3 DS Games to earn 90 coins that way.)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

To answer my own question, my SMG2 post-play survey has appeared.

Added them up and actually made platinum this year :bouncy:
But I'll need to come up with 170 points next year if I'm to even hit gold.
[quote name='mistymayem']I just registered my DSi and I didn't get any points. I've connected to the DSi shop and everything. Does it take a while to get them? Also a message popped up that said I was not eligible for the extended warranty and you only get points when registering a DSi.[/QUOTE]
That's strange, and almost sounds like an error. I registered mine and was given the warranty right away, and then 160 points after completing the survey (I had already linked it to the internet).

If it's not in your To Do list definitely shoot them an email. That's a lot of points to lose out on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back