CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

Wow, was just going through the Perk challenges and decided to make a class consisting of a FAMAS w/ M203, Scavenger and Danger Close. Went 50/17 in a Demolition match on Invasion, helped a whole bunch in assaulting the bomb sites.

[quote name='LordKefka06']^^^^^ Dont forget the secondary rocket launcher.[/QUOTE]

Yep. DC classes are ten times funnier to use in 3rd Person though where even a baby could go positive without trying. People get pissed.

Does anyone play this game with a gaming headset? Was thinking about getting the Turtle Beach Ear Force X1's since they're only $45 on Amazon at the moment, but I also see Tritton has some headsets, too. Is it really needed to have 5.1 in headset form? All I need is a headset that can help me be more comfortable with my surroundings, there have been plenty times where I can hear footsteps through my TV, but I couldn't pinpoint which side.

I use the X1's right now. I think it does make a difference. You can hear footsteps, people moving through plants, reloading, etc even better and that can make the difference.

Going back to learning the maps discussion, I found it easier to learn these maps over the World at War maps. When I first played those I was so lost but MW2 didn't seem that bad. But there are many different things to learn about each map. Good places for tactical insertion, crates, routes to take, etc.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I use the X1's right now. I think it does make a difference. You can hear footsteps, people moving through plants, reloading, etc even better and that can make the difference.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was looking at the X1's and the Tritton AX720's to see if 5.1 was really necessary, looks like I'll purchase the X1's.

There is feedback problems if you use the X1's and the play n' charge kit at the same time though. Not that big of a deal to me and it can be fixed by not having the mic plugged in.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']There is feedback problems if you use the X1's and the play n' charge kit at the same time though. Not that big of a deal to me and it can be fixed by not having the mic plugged in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, X1 it is.

[quote name='coma8']I want to try to unlock the tac-knife. What handgun should I use? I just prestiged..[/QUOTE]

Depends on how fast you want to unlock it VS. personal preference sticking with the pistol you're good with. USP and M9 only require 75 kills for it while the Revolver and Eagle need 100. I personally rock the Revolver myself. Good power and manageable kickback plus Akimbo doesn't suck if you've got fast fingers. Last Stand kills also count since whatever handgun you have on you is the pistol that is going to be used. If you don't have one on you then the M9 is default.

Either way you should only play Hardcore if you want to relatively fast and relaxed experience. 3rd Person or anything else if you want more of a challenge.

[quote name='coma8']I want to try to unlock the tac-knife. What handgun should I use? I just prestiged..[/QUOTE]

If you just Prestiged then you will probably need to stick with the USP or M9. Personally, of the two, I like the USP a bit more. I think its just a tad stronger and can fire like a turret if you have fast fingers.

What is your guys' thoughts on quick scoping? I am looking to get into it, but I know its still not all that common. Is that because it is super hard to learn? I think I will be trying it with my Intervention, but I don't expect to do very well. I tend to get discouraged as well sometimes early, especially when I have something just fine I'm using now (shotgun sidearm instead of using my sniper as my run 'n gun and sniper weapon).

Hm, been looking through monoprice and might buy some cables/adapters before purchasing a dedicated headset. I currently use a pair of Sennheiser PC-150's for my computer.

[quote name='menikmati']Hm, been looking through monoprice and might buy some cables/adapters before purchasing a dedicated headset. I currently use a pair of Sennheiser PC-150's for my computer.[/QUOTE]

If you do buy a headset try and go for a wireless one. With the X1's there are about 5 different wires hanging all over the place, personally I hate wires so I hate this headset. I could get a better sense of where they were at just using my TV speakers. The people who say they can hear so much more with this headset must have been playing with there TV on mute because it doesn't give you anything more than what your TV does and unless you play competitively I don't see the point in buying a headset.

Want to use my Turtle Beach X4's, but the mic has stopped working :cry:

Tried everything I could think of doing. Changed options on the xbox to increase mic volume, fiddled with the mic, etc. I recorded a message to see what it sounded like and I actually got my voice, but it was extremely faint.

I have a pair of Turtle Beach X4's and they are great. They've since been replaced by the X41's which are RF instead of IR. The channel separation is wonderful and I can hear everything clearly and enemies and allies walking around me which can be crucial especially in game modes like S&D.

Although, I normally play on a surround sound speaker setup in another room for my 360 and use the X4's mostly for PS3 play and just the occasional 360 play.

Every time a CAG invites me to a game I'm already in a party, haha. So I'm sorry guys when I still ignore your invites, it's not that I don't want to play with you!

I finally did some FFA matches last night, out of 12 matches I came in first 10 times and the top 3 all times. The TAR 21 destroyed in that mode.

I just got a pair of x41's for xmas. I had x3's which were pretty good, but I didn't care for the whitenoise i got due to the IR. The x41s are really light and comfortable to wear. I don't think the x41's as a headset is worth 100$ more than the x3s. There is much deeper bass in the x41s which makes me think the drivers on the x41s are larger than the x3s. The soundstage seems to be set further away from you than the x3s...maybe its the 5.1 but i find myself putting the volume up pretty high so its not as soft and distant.
the audio box you get with the x41s is really nice. Since my tv doesn't have a headphone jack you are able to hook up a wired headset with its own volume control, an optical bypass, and stereo inputs.I play late at night so surround sound is out of the question for any gaming/movie watching. wireless is nice...but i dont sit all that far from my tv that warrants the need for wireless.

TBH if you can hook up headphones up to your tv a pair of HD595 are the best quality you will get. You dont get a mic but you can always but a clipmic, i think zalman sells a cheap one.

You can also use the default class with the UMP primary and Magnum with Tactical Knife secondary. The knife and Magnum kills count towards you unlocking the Tactical Knife if you have leveled up enough to unlock the Magnum. The one negative with that default class is that it has Ninja instead of the Commando Perk.

just saw the thread at the top of the page.

on another note, team deathmatches are pretty boring now. I'm hooked to demolition.

[quote name='Shippuden']anyone here wanna get a party going for demolition sometime this week?[/QUOTE]

Sure, hopefully the entire party actually goes for the fucking objective.

[quote name='Shippuden']just saw the thread at the top of the page.

on another note, team deathmatches are pretty boring now. I'm hooked to demolition.[/QUOTE]

Demolition is a blast. Its the only game type where I did 7 matches where I got over 30 kills. I go there to try and repair my k/d ratio. Love it! Loads of pts too.

[quote name='menikmati']Sure, hopefully the entire party actually goes for the fucking objective.[/QUOTE]

yes...i'm starting to hate playing with pubs since all they do is camp.

[quote name='Shippuden']yes...i'm starting to hate playing with pubs since all they do is camp.[/QUOTE]

That's why I usually stay away from objective games unless I have close to a full team of friends

Demolition? I haven't ventured into that mode as of yet, I have been real addicted to Domination since...well, CoD4. I have also been getting into FFA, but I don't like going just a bit over even every time I play it. I have trouble going better then 30-20, 28-22, numbers like that.

It doesn't hurt my K/D ratio (I killed it early in the game) because I'm just trying to get to even, but once I hit even I think I will stay away from FFA :lol:

Anyway, Demolition. Isn't that like S&D but with respawns? How many points per kill as well?

[quote name='BREVITY']Demolition is a blast. Its the only game type where I did 7 matches where I got over 30 kills. I go there to try and repair my k/d ratio. Love it! Loads of pts too.[/QUOTE]

I fucking hate kids like you that play demolition to get kills. Don't play objective games if you want to get kills, play death match.

Demolition is too unbalanced right now. I don't mind it coming up every once in a while playing Mosh Pit, but whoever gets defense twice has a major advantage. Combine that with how their spawns shift towards the unarmed bombsite and it makes it even harder for the offense team.

Trakan, Thats my main gripe about Demo. But that also makes those crazy ass plants look even more insane.

I've seen a guy sneak into the Estate house & plant it while there was 4 guys all in the house, pretty much right ontop of him. There was also about .3 seconds left when he got the plant.

[quote name='Trakan']Demolition is too unbalanced right now. I don't mind it coming up every once in a while playing Mosh Pit, but whoever gets defense twice has a major advantage. Combine that with how their spawns shift towards the unarmed bombsite and it makes it even harder for the offense team.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always wish that there was a more balanced Overtime section, maybe make it 1 bombsite neutral bomb? Something like Sabotage I guess?

[quote name='LordKefka06']Trakan, Thats my main gripe about Demo. But that also makes those crazy ass plants look even more insane.

I've seen a guy sneak into the Estate house & plant it while there was 4 guys all in the house, pretty much right ontop of him. There was also about .3 seconds left when he got the plant.[/QUOTE]

...And that epicness is what makes objective based games so rewarding. Especially when your team of complete randoms can somehow comeback from being dominated to tie and then beat a bunch of pussy ass campers by making some ridiculous plants.

If it weren't for being a part of or being solely responsible for your team winning I wouldn't be caught dead playing it or S&D because of all the scrubs itching for free effortless kills. So f*cking stupid. God forbid instead of helping yourself get worse at the game by complaining about then doing exactly the same shit in a different game type you actually grow a pair and stick with TDM. :roll:

Assholes.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']God forbid instead of helping yourself get worse at the game by complaining about then doing exactly the same shit in a different game type you actually grow a pair and stick with TDM. :roll:

Assholes.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']So... what's the deal with the CAG clan? Is it never going to happen? Hmph...[/QUOTE]

I'm interested. There is already a CAG friend group but a clan would be cool too.

I'm also interested in doing a clan. I like the CAG group, but I feel awkward asking random CAGers to play with me. A clan just feels more cohesive :???:

I requested to get on the CAG MW2 list last week but it still hasn't been accepted. Is it MSU Hitman that owns that user and can accept requests?

[quote name='Temidien']I'm also interested in doing a clan. I like the CAG group, but I feel awkward asking random CAGers to play with me. A clan just feels more cohesive :???:[/QUOTE]

Sent you friend request

FYI, there is a large number of CAGs on the CAG COD MW2 gamertag that play nightly. A few of them prefer TDM but a number of us enjoy Mosh Pit as well.

The only game-types I really despise are Headquarters and Demolition/Sabotage since people will just sit back or camp trying to rack up kills rather than going after the objectives. It's so bad that many times I've gone into Sabotage games where I hear people on the other team say, "Hey, remember just don't plant the bomb so it's like a 20 min deathmatch."

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I requested to get on the CAG MW2 list last week but it still hasn't been accepted. Is it MSU Hitman that owns that user and can accept requests?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's MSUHitman and he's pretty good about logging into the account at least once a week to accept FR's. Also, keep in mind that even if you have not been accepted yet you can still view the Friends list of the gamertag.

[quote name='woodcan']Yes, it's MSUHitman and he's pretty good about logging into the account at least once a week to accept FR's. Also, keep in mind that even if you have not been accepted yet you can still view the Friends list of the gamertag.[/QUOTE]

Ah wow I didn't even realize that. Thanks! If any of you guys are on tonight I will probably try to hop into your party.

just faced the wrath of the new care package glitch. its basically unlimited air support. was playing domination and this guy called in a harrier,ac130,chopper gunner,pave low and attack helicopter. and kept calling them over and over again. i think he ended up 55-2.

im getting tired of these glitches. they also need to fix the run glitch with the care package marker.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']just faced the wrath of the new care package glitch. its basically unlimited air support. was playing domination and this guy called in a harrier,ac130,chopper gunner,pave low and attack helicopter. and kept calling them over and over again. i think he ended up 55-2.

im getting tired of these glitches. they also need to fix the run glitch with the care package marker.[/QUOTE]

Well fuuuuuuuuuuuckk.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']just faced the wrath of the new care package glitch. its basically unlimited air support. was playing domination and this guy called in a harrier,ac130,chopper gunner,pave low and attack helicopter. and kept calling them over and over again. i think he ended up 55-2.

im getting tired of these glitches. they also need to fix the run glitch with the care package marker.[/QUOTE]

LONG OVER fuckING DUE IF YOU ASK ME. I'm so tired of kids camping for enough kills to tac-knife with that dumb glitch. It should have been addressed a long time ago though from what you've just told us it will be the least of my worries in the coming weeks.

bread's done
Back