CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

When I had a lucky game today and managed to end it with a nuke, I got a message accusing me of boosting. Turns out some guy on the other team was having a bad day and went 1/20 by himself.

What are the chances? :whistle2:?

I've been using a class most of you might hate on, but I love it.

P90, Holo.
AT4-HS

Sleight of Hand PRO
Stopping Power PRO or Danger Close PRO
Steady Aim PRO or Commando PRO

the perks depend on the map, but the class is sick. I play mostly drop shot style, so it works well close range. Thoughts?

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']When I had a lucky game today and managed to end it with a nuke, I got a message accusing me of boosting. Turns out some guy on the other team was having a bad day and went 1/20 by himself.

What are the chances? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

LOL @ 'lucky'. You should just accept the fact you're getting better. Isn't that like your fourth nuke in the past couple of days?

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']How are you fitting 3 different gun mods? Or do you just mean you switch off between the silencer and HBS?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've changed it up again.

F2000 w/ silencer(seems to offset the kick) and thermal
M93 raficka w/ fmj and akimbo
Bling Pro
Stopping power
Steady aim pro

I'm still very 50/50 about wether to use Stopping power or hardline, the reason i say this is because every life basically meant a UAV when i used hardline but with stopping power i feel like i get 2 kills per life more often then 3+(and my K/D R would agree). Also after playing wasteland, derailed and favela(which the HBS worked good on) i started slipping to 15-9 or 12-8 so i switched permanently to the silencer.

On afghan, FFA i ran into a match full of boosters(they all seemed to get to 22 to 28 kills straight then dropping 15-16 deaths straight) and being the joker i am i used my "FTW" Class;

Acr w/ heartbeat sensor
G18 w/ akimbo
Sleight of hand Pro
Hardline Pro
Steady aim Pro

After a predator missile, a pavelow and an EMP and me being 22-0 these guys got mad, they threw on their headsets and started the name calling and (im assuming) controller throwing. I finished 30-1 and my reputation dropped from five stars to three, and i got three angry messages....Totally worth it.

I know that somewhere in the posts before this their has to be one that discussed what exactly you lose when you prestige and im looking through them but to no avail as of yet,, so can some one give the info? Weapons, perks, attachments etc.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I wouldn't end the game if I was going 25 in a row.[/QUOTE]

Well, some people do, and others dont. Honestly, I would just use it and get the round over with, maybe run a bit more and see if I can find one or two more kills, but I'd just play another round than wait 3 more minuetes to do it

[quote name='RobMinhas']

On afghan, FFA i ran into a match full of boosters(they all seemed to get to 22 to 28 kills straight then dropping 15-16 deaths straight) and being the joker i am i used my "FTW" Class;

Acr w/ heartbeat sensor
G18 w/ akimbo
Sleight of hand Pro
Hardline Pro
Steady aim Pro

After a predator missile, a pavelow and an EMP and me being 22-0 these guys got mad, they threw on their headsets and started the name calling and (im assuming) controller throwing. I finished 30-1 and my reputation dropped from five stars to three, and i got three angry messages....Totally worth it.

[/QUOTE]

lol how did your rep drop that much (assuming) only 7 people were there? also only 3 people with mics, you would think the 7 would all coordinate better. I'm also guessing you got vm and not text so you must have heard their pissed off girly voices

[quote name='Gamer SDP']lol how did your rep drop that much (assuming) only 7 people were there? also only 3 people with mics, you would think the 7 would all coordinate better. I'm also guessing you got vm and not text so you must have heard their pissed off girly voices[/QUOTE]

i have only had one positive rep so those three did bring it down.

[quote name='Link927']I have to disagree with you on that, the ACR has a whole lot more accuracy than the F2000. F2000 is good close range, with its high fire rate, but its hit rate drops pretty quickly with distance.[/QUOTE]
I was about to post almost exactly that. I was great with the F2K until I put the ACOG on it. On a map like Highrise, I couldn't hit shit across the middle with the ACOG.

I got Wargasm and 6 Fears 7 last night...awesome!

[quote name='NastyTeddyBear']I think Acog is the worst thing in the game. I don't understand what's good about it..[/QUOTE]

i was messin around w acog on a barret sniper a few times and def felt like it made zooming/aiming quicker and smoother (less bobbing from breathing or movement?) which worked great on certain maps where thermal can be a bit slow and limit your view when zoomed

but yeh on certain guns it's pointless if they have a lot of kick

There are definitely certain guns that are more suited to the ACOG for a better view of enemies at a distance. For instance, I've seen kill-cams of people using an ACOG ACR with practically zero recoil whereas I picked up somebody's ACOG P90 and it was just a freaking joke to even consider using realistically. As "The SPism" stated above, the ACOG on sniper rifles are much quicker to ADS along with less bob obviously with the lower zoom. There are certain maps I do enjoy ACOG sniping on.

Try this:

M16 w/ ACOG
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Commando Pro

If you really try it out and still hate the ACOG scope, I will be surprised. You should be able to basically one-burst or at worst two-burst kill pretty much anything at medium range and a lot of times even at long range. You should be pretty much fine at close range with the extra knife range and firing from the hip (ACOG does kind of suck when dealing with enemies in your face).

during my first prestige i used ACOG ACR w/ SOH to make the ADS very quick since ACOG seems much slower ADS compared to a holo sight. Anyways i liked it a lot. I currently use Red dot & Heartbeat w/ the ACR. don't really need that extra zoom and rather have a wider view of whats around me.

edit - I remember why I liked the ACR w/ ACOG. it was nice against snipers. stupidly accurate and with the extra zoom it made it pretty good vs snipers during the learning phase of multiplayer. Now I just use M16 Holo if im not leveling another weapon. M16 should be illegal.

Just played a good chunk after getting back from a trip. It's difficult to adjust from playing on a large TV to one literally half the size. Unlocked the M16 and I fell in love with it again.

Is there some perk that stops claymores from exploding? I played one game and guys were literally crouched down, walking slow past my claymores and killing me. The claymores would do the click, but explode way after and the guys wouldnt die.

Another game i had a sentry gun and some dude was walking right in front of it and it wasnt even shooting him.

PS i am changing all my kill streak rewards to things i dont need a drop box for. Im so sick of trying to get my care package only to die. It seems to happen a lot too. Though one round i killed an enemy and took his, which turned out to be some gunner on a plane. I bet he was pissed.

^ scrambler pro delays the blast. I think stun/flash grenades make them go zap? not too sure about that though. just remember seeing a few sparking after i threw a stun in the room

cold blooded perk allows people to not show up on UAV, sentry guns dont react to them, not lit up in thermal, harriers/choppers dont shoot them, and no red box around them during chopper gunner, predator etc.

I may be wrong, but I swear I show up on the enemies heartbeat sensor even though I have Ninja Pro equipped. I watch the kill cam and I see myself as the little red dot on the dude's gun. Was this some glitch or something?

^ they do not see you on their heartbeat sensor. its just the kill cam that puts you there & also a big ass marker above your head saying 'You'

There are a few gun camos on the game disk but not enabled without modding. They might be added later but as of right now there is no legit way to enable golden guns.

from se7ensins
Code:
 [COLOR=Black][U][B]Camo:[/B][/U][/COLOR]
Desert - 01
Arctic - 08
Woodland - 02
Digital - 03
Urban - 09
Blue Tiger - 05
Red Tiger - 04
Fall - 0a
 Gold - 06
Blue Cheetah - 07
Red Cheetah - 0B
 Platinum - 0c

Holy crap i went 28-1 in a round, my best ever. The part that sucked is i didnt have my Nuke set, and the care package i got first, i didnt even use till i had enough kills for the nuke. Got most of my kills from heli and pavelow. But damn i really wish i had my nuke ready for that. Never done it before.

[quote name='naiku']There are a few gun camos on the game disk but not enabled without modding. They might be added later but as of right now there is no legit way to enable golden guns.

from se7ensins
Code:
 [COLOR=Black][U][B]Camo:[/B][/U][/COLOR]
Desert - 01
Arctic - 08
Woodland - 02
Digital - 03
Urban - 09
Blue Tiger - 05
Red Tiger - 04
Fall - 0a
 Gold - 06
Blue Cheetah - 07
Red Cheetah - 0B
 Platinum - 0c
[/QUOTE]

I had a fun time unlocking ALL the gold guns in COD4, but platinum guns...:drool:

Bleh. My luck is so bad. I'm nearing my third prestige and no Nuke yet. Last night I had three games in a row where I had 20-23-23 without dying and someone gets lucky and finds my hiding spot when I'm using the Chopper Gunner or they come from behind me and BAM. I think I'm just gonna let people get chopper gunners then EMP them rather then go for Nukes at this rate lol.

My friends think the TAR with Silencer and Stopper Power - Scav Pro and Ninja Pro (tho this is not defenite) is the best non-sniper combination out there outside of the AK.

I hope we can work our way to golden guns in the future, maybe at 10th prestige? lol.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']...someone gets lucky and finds my hiding spot when I'm using the Chopper Gunner or they come from behind me and BAM.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, I lost about 6 nukes that way.
One time, a guy found me and on the kill cam it showed him crouching and uncrouching (teabag) and spinning in circles before he killed me. Afterwords in the post game lobby he eagerly wanted me to put on my mic, probably to trash talk :roll:.

Someone did the same thing to me once when I called a CG from what I felt was a safe enough spot. He came upstairs in the house on Estate while my teammates were inside. No idea how long he had been standing there showing off.

I tried a different kill-streak selection yesterday(predator, air-strike and harrier) and it worked really well. Usually on bigger maps ill get 2-4 kills just on the way to where the fighting is(i always flank) and then ill get a few snipers or campers who dont expect me from behind, then id run in guns blazing and get as many kills as i can. After this i either die or kill everyone. If i die i pause to see where the enemies are then use my kill-streaks(except for predator, i usually keep that till i know there are a lot of enemies close together). If i dont die i just go find where the fighting is somewhere else. It worked well(My k/d R went up by .3(im now 1.76)) Anyone have any other kill-streak-combination suggestions?

[quote name='Trakan']I don't know why everyone shits on the thumper. It's as good as the rifle mounted grenade launcher. It seems to reload in the same amount of time to me. As long as you aim with the left trigger and then shoot, there's no delay. I use it as my secondary on my danger close class unless I'm rocking one man army with it.

I even kind of like it more than RPGs because it's more accurate and you won't kill yourself as often close range.[/QUOTE]

I too like the Thumper and absolutely hate the blast radius of the freaking RPG.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I hate how my knifing class embarrasses my serious classes with its kill/death ratio in the 3:1 arena.

Is there a CAG Night for this game? Would be funny to see themed matches; like riot shields only or akimbos only.[/QUOTE]

There is a group of CAG regulars that we sometimes play private themed matches as described but we stick to something that everyone has access to (i.e. not everyone would have akimbo anything). We've had riot shields only, knives only, pistols only, etc. There was a group of us that encountered a team in a public match who asked if we would agree to an all riot-shields match. Damn that was fun and they were great sports about it too sticking to the Riot shields even after we were slaughtering them.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Claymores + Scavenger = Win.[/QUOTE]
I've been using that on my Sniper class since I first unlocked claymores months ago. Just too bad that Scavenger Pro doesn't double your equipment like it increases your weapon ammo.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Bleh. My luck is so bad. I'm nearing my third prestige and no Nuke yet. Last night I had three games in a row where I had 20-23-23 without dying and someone gets lucky and finds my hiding spot when I'm using the Chopper Gunner or they come from behind me and BAM.[/QUOTE]
Stick with it and you'll get one.

[quote name='popular penguin']One time, a guy found me and on the kill cam it showed him crouching and uncrouching (teabag) and spinning in circles before he killed me.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Someone did the same thing to me once when I called a CG from what I felt was a safe enough spot. He came upstairs in the house on Estate while my teammates were inside. No idea how long he had been standing there showing off.[/QUOTE]

Most people don't realize or pay attention to their kill-cams but the chopper gunner kill-cam will often have your location in view as that green star on the map giving away your position. For you guys that got killed your team should have really tried to protect you for the good of the team unless they were randoms which you typically can't count on for even going positive. On the other hand, unless they had cold-blooded or spawned in the building you were hiding in then you should have been keeping an eye on your body for people coming to get you (catch-22 given you also give away your position). Sometimes it's better to chopper gun in the middle of a field prone in the grass since people won't even realize you are there but I hate that the game has you stand up immediately after getting off the Chopper Gunner laptop leaving you vulnerable.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Anyone have any other kill-streak-combination suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I generally just go Predator/Harrier/Pavelow. If I'm having a bad day i'll remove the Pavelow and go with a UAV or Care Package instead. I have unlocked the AC-130 and Chopper Gunner but 11 kill streaks only happen like once a session at best and I'm also not a huge fan of the killstreaks that you have to control for long periods of time so I rarely ever have them turned on.

P.S. Best trick I learned recently (might have been from this thread, I don't remember) is that you can hold the right trigger to make your predator missiles speed up. I used to sit there and wait for them to slowboat down and my targets would usually run into a building to dodge the missile while someone else killed and teabagged me on the other screen. Speeding up the missile seems to have made pulling out the laptop considerably safer and more effective.

[quote name='woodcan']Also note that you lose a great amount of control when you activate the Predator missile boosters.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess more specifically, the idea is to line up with a group of enemies right after you open the laptop and then hit the booster button once youre already aimed towards them.

Here is a video someone just showed me of a pretty interesting noob tube kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSCrNeCHBc

Basically spam grenades and just switch kits with One Man Army everytime you run out of grenades or need another claymore. I have a feeling it wouldn't work as well if the guy wasn't playing an objective map in Terminal but still pretty interesting.

It works fine on any other map it just depends on the skill of the player. I feel it's a pretty scrubby tactic and you should only be able to switch once per life, but eh. It is what it is.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Basically spam grenades and just switch kits with One Man Army everytime you run out of grenades or need another claymore. I have a feeling it wouldn't work as well if the guy wasn't playing an objective map in Terminal but still pretty interesting.[/QUOTE]

Interesting and I never realized you could walk while you were switching kits. He is also using One Man Army Pro because the kit change is quite a bit slower before Pro. I haven't used that perk since before my first Prestige.

I use that tactic to get gun challenges done, works really good on a few maps. And also is a beast for defending domination points.

seems to work well in groundwar. I seen people using OMA trying to spam noobtubes in TDM, just stand behind something and kill them once they pop out. its hard for them to noobtube you when they need to direct hit you. I'll be honest...definitely looks cheap and fun for large player gamemodes.

Just got an RCA to 3.5mm adapter today and hooked it up to my PC150 computer headset, works alright except I would like it to be louder at maximum volume. Another drawback is that my mic doesn't work on it so I would have to have my wireless headset on one of my ears, defeating the purpose of wearing headphones in the first place. I might splurge on an actual headset sometime in the future if I can find a deal on the Ax Pros.

[quote name='woodcan']Interesting and I never realized you could walk while you were switching kits. He is also using One Man Army Pro because the kit change is quite a bit slower before Pro. I haven't used that perk since before my first Prestige.[/QUOTE]

You can walk but you can't stab anyone so you are vulnerable to people running around with marathon/lightweight/commando.

I've been playing a lot of FFA and TDM lately.. still using the SCAR-H but haven't found my ideal attachment/perk combination. I'm level 53 and I have two Tier 2 perks left to unlock (the last two) and one Tier 3 perk (SitRep Pro, damn it takes forever). Today.. I played some FFA with Scavenger Pro (I have all Tier 1 perks unlocked) and the Silencer attached.. I did fairly well. I like being able to kill dudes, reload my Claymores, and just drop them all over the frickin map. I think I might stick with Scavenger Pro/Silencer for a while. Thoughts?

Scavenger is a must if you like to setup in a building with claymores. Silencer is good/bad depending on how you like to play. Sometimes its good to get them to come to you, other times its nice for them to have no clue where they are being shot from.

I just played a round of TDM on Derailed. With 1:30 seconds left my team was down 6600 to 4400. I was 14-12. I already had a 4 kill streak and i stubbled upon three guys in the same spot, after killing them i called in an air strike, a harrier and used a predator missile, i won the game with 17 seconds left, finishing 29-12. THe other team had one player who absolutely freaked out and reamed out his entire team, he was so mad all i could understand was "how did they catch up", "not my fault" and a lot of "you" tossed around, it was so funny.

Wow, just unlocked One Man Army and I never touched it during my first playthrough but I decided to give it a shot. Damn, slapped that on my FAMAS w/ grenade launcher and Danger Close Pro class and it worked well on the defensive side in Demolition. The 5 second wait is an eternity and I hate trying to multitask while switching classes and switching to a class I didn't intend to. I can't wait unti I unlock the Pro version of it.

bread's done
Back