CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

A few weeks ago I joined a TDM game, got thrown into a game in progress in Terminal... and everyone was moving really fucking fast, including myself. Like really speedy. What's up with that?

[quote name='Rocko']A few weeks ago I joined a TDM game, got thrown into a game in progress in Terminal... and everyone was moving really fucking fast, including myself. Like really speedy. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

its a hack and ive seen it a few times. when i come across it i just back out. it sucks to have to take a loss, but id rather take a loss then try to play the match and likely loose anyway

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']its a hack and ive seen it a few times. when i come across it i just back out. it sucks to have to take a loss, but id rather take a loss then try to play the match and likely loose anyway[/QUOTE]

Just open the guide and dashboard... stats don't count if you do this. I don't suggest doing it if say you are just having a bad match or something, but if there is any glitching going on in the room regardless of which team is doing it I dashboard out.

[quote name='LordKefka06']MW3?[/QUOTE]

You knew it was going to happen, and I would be shocked if this news shocked anybody.:bouncy:

Modern Warfare/CoD franchise is a money printing machine.

P.S. The real question is whether or not the game will be pre-modern warfare (aka WWII, Vietnam, etc.) or current/future warfare.

[quote name='Rocko']A few weeks ago I joined a TDM game, got thrown into a game in progress in Terminal... and everyone was moving really fucking fast, including myself. Like really speedy. What's up with that?[/QUOTE]

How does anyone even kill each other when that is going on? I've seen it before on video, and unless the guy is standing still it is pretty much just a jogging match between everyone.

That was a hack that was fixed when the DLC came out.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Prepare for infinite harriers (well 9 at a time.)
http://pastebin.com/mPvpCd5r[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is quite the dirty trick.

I wonder if it works on PS3? Or if its another Xbox-exlusive glitch that just you guys can try to fight off.

P.S. I bet this will be an XP overloader if you have an Anti-Air Class.

they should only fix that glitch "AFTER" the first harrier.

im sick of getting resupply when i have 90% of my s**#, or UAV when we already have one up.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Is it just me, or does COD4's maps far succeed MW2's?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Some of MW2's maps are piss poor design. The new map pack looks great though (as well as including those COD4 classics), a pity as I'm pretty much over the game at this point. I might sign in every now and then so I can enjoy the game, but playing it consistently now just bores the hell out of me.

[quote name='timesplitt']UAV when we already have one up.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure having a second UAV up makes the HUD map refresh faster so you can get a more accurate depiction of where the enemies are.

[quote name='kevlar51']I'm pretty sure having a second UAV up makes the HUD map refresh faster so you can get a more accurate depiction of where the enemies are.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I'm pretty sure it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Actually it does, Ive accidentally put UAVs up at the same time as other people on numerous occasions (Doh!) so I know this for a fact.

[quote name='TheCapn010']Actually it does, Ive accidentally put UAVs up at the same time as other people on numerous occasions (Doh!) so I know this for a fact.[/QUOTE]

I horded my uavs once and called in seven at the same time. It was like the fastest refresh rate i've ever seen.

[quote name='RobMinhas']I horded my uavs once and called in seven at the same time. It was like the fastest refresh rate i've ever seen.[/QUOTE]
LOL I should try that some time.

The most I've seen of UAVs at one time was I think like four. Was blazing fast. Those guys couldn't even move one inch without being seen instantly, it was great.

Got a new fun sniping class right now.
Intervention w/ FMJ(Trying to unlock extended mags)
USP.45 w/ Akimbo
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Im loving this class. Started it at level 4 on current prestige and now I am at lvl 25 and i still have found no reason to alter this class. Any tips, to anyone? I plan on throwing the m9 on when i unlock it but other then that i think ill stick with it.

Anyone up for some moss pit this weekend? If so hit me up on XBOX live, GT is Rob Minhas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you really need steady aim pro. You shouldn't be scoped in that long to need it. I'd switch it out to ninja pro.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Got a new fun sniping class right now.
Intervention w/ FMJ(Trying to unlock extended mags)
USP.45 w/ Akimbo
Sleight of Hand Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro

Im loving this class. Started it at level 4 on current prestige and now I am at lvl 25 and i still have found no reason to alter this class. Any tips, to anyone? I plan on throwing the m9 on when i unlock it but other then that i think ill stick with it.

Anyone up for some moss pit this weekend? If so hit me up on XBOX live, GT is Rob Minhas.[/QUOTE]

USP .45 Akimbos are so weak, I hate those things. Takes too many shots, and the ability to Tactical Knife people with the Akimbo is not worth having to use those terrible guns.

I would be using just one USP .45 FMJ.

[quote name='DV8']I don't think you really need steady aim pro. You shouldn't be scoped in that long to need it. I'd switch it out to ninja pro.[/QUOTE]

I suppose, but since he has SOH, maybe he is quick scoping, and as such needs Steady Aim?

If not, then I think Commando is better. A pistol doesn't do much against an assault rifle at close range, that's when you need to be able to lunge 9000 feet to your enemy.

P.S. Not so many people use Heartbeat Sensors anymore, kinda died down I think.

I'd use it more for the silent footsteps. Personally I run sit rep on everything since I'm trying to get those 750 destructions.

I use a heartbeat sensor and I'm very pleased that not too many people use ninja. I also mostly play hardcore, and it helps with the lack of radar.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Most everyone who wrote the storyline, could be a big loss to gamers/Activision. Of course, how many story writers do you need when the next CoD is Vietnam? All you need is a history book.[/QUOTE]

CoD:Vietnam is going to be made by Treyarch so there is no loss there.

@thekrakrabbit and DV8, i use a combonation of hard scoping, quick scoping and no scoping. Its a little strange I know. And about the USP.45 akimbos, from what i have heard, your knifing speed is actually faster then the tact knife. Some video on youtube that times it, I cannot remember who made it though.

^
that may be true but i find a pp2000 w/ a reddot awesome on my sniper class to handle that mid range. Since the sniper is not automatic, anyone at close to mid range could be a problem & i find the pp2000 pretty handy vs a pistol/shotgun or knifing. I use heartbeat to detect those non-ninja people at close range w/ my sniper.

my sniper class
barrett 50 w/ heartbeat
pp2k reddot
stun
claymore
scav, stopping power, ninja

[quote name='naiku']^
that may be true but i find a pp2000 w/ a reddot awesome on my sniper class to handle that mid range. Since the sniper is not automatic, anyone at close to mid range could be a problem & i find the pp2000 pretty handy vs a pistol/shotgun or knifing. I use heartbeat to detect those non-ninja people at close range w/ my sniper.

my sniper class
barrett 50 w/ heartbeat
pp2k reddot
stun
claymore
scav, stopping power, ninja[/QUOTE]

I think the PP2000 Silenced is rather good. Can't be seen on radar, and has good range. You can snipe with it anyway if you see somebody far away.

Ill have to give the pp2000 a shake i guess. My only qualms with shottys are w/ snipers they take to long to pull out, is the pp200 or even the M93, quick to pull out?

Does no one use UAV or something? I thought everyone knew about the sped-up UAV refresh rate. Granted, it's new to the series, but I would've thought everyone noticed that during their early levels.

Rob, that sniping class is pretty standard and actually successful as long as you are decent at quick/no scoping. only thing is you might want to use stronger pistols when you unlock.

I've been killed by that setup many times...dual M9s w/SP included :cry:

[quote name='RobMinhas']Ill have to give the pp2000 a shake i guess. My only qualms with shottys are w/ snipers they take to long to pull out, is the pp200 or even the M93, quick to pull out?[/QUOTE]

The PP2000 is slower then a pistol, quicker then a shotgun. The M93 is just a bit quicker then everything in the machine pistol category for some reason, and also if you go into last stand you get to use that, even though its technically a "machine pistol.

Pistol speed > PP2000 speed >>> shotgun speed >> launcher speed.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Rob, that sniping class is pretty standard and actually successful as long as you are decent at quick/no scoping. only thing is you might want to use stronger pistols when you unlock.

I've been killed by that setup many times...dual M9s w/SP included :cry:[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to get those M9 Akimbos, but I have a hard time using just one. I think its possibly weaker then the USP .45, but also has more recoil.

Are you guys sure there is no gold guns, because I saw one. After killing a dude with my mad throwing knife skills, I passed over the body to pick up my knife. But something caught my eye. After retrieving my knife, I noticed that the guy dropped a GOLDEN DESERT EAGLE! I did i double-take, not believing what I saw. I thought it was a glitch or something, so I picked it up. To my surprise the desert eagle was in fact golden. I was so happy with my prize, so I just ran around with the eagle the rest of the game.

[quote name='popular penguin']Are you guys sure there is no gold guns, because I saw one. After killing a dude with my mad throwing knife skills, I passed over the body to pick up my knife. But something caught my eye. After retrieving my knife, I noticed that the guy dropped a GOLDEN DESERT EAGLE! I did i double-take, not believing what I saw. I thought it was a glitch or something, so I picked it up. To my surprise the desert eagle was in fact golden. I was so happy with my prize, so I just ran around with the eagle the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]

i believe the gold gun is just another hack.. i dont think it is available without some type of hack/mod .... unless you find one on the ground

I think they are good, but I could have done without the older maps. Some feel the pack is too expensive. But from reports that doesn't appear to have hindered sales.

[quote name='popular penguin']Are you guys sure there is no gold guns, because I saw one. After killing a dude with my mad throwing knife skills, I passed over the body to pick up my knife. But something caught my eye. After retrieving my knife, I noticed that the guy dropped a GOLDEN DESERT EAGLE! I did i double-take, not believing what I saw. I thought it was a glitch or something, so I picked it up. To my surprise the desert eagle was in fact golden. I was so happy with my prize, so I just ran around with the eagle the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]
yup it's a mod

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bsesb2003']I think they are good, but I could have done without the older maps. Some feel the pack is too expensive. But from reports that doesn't appear to have hindered sales.[/QUOTE]

Those sale numbers are definitely skewed... They don't take into account actual sales, they are just based upon downloads. There have been a lot of downloads that were either A) Free from IW and B) Codes that were from Monster.

Not to mention that the downloads (which are between 2.5 million and 3) really only makes up about 1/3 or less of the actual playing community for MW2.

bread's done
Back