-Toy Story 2
-Tomb Raider
-Street Fighter Alpha
-Wipeout

RED
-Theme Hospital
-Tomba
-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Jumping Flash (the first one), also works.

Strangely, some of the Japanese import PSOne titles that I purchased are no longer available for download on the PS3, nor are they in my Download History. They still are installed and work on my PS3, but I can't re-download them to attempt an install on the Vita. This includes Yakiniku Bugyou and Magical Drop F.

This is hardly the disaster it appeared to be at first; just like with the PSP games at launch, most are downloadable and transferable using a PS3. Of the 66 PSOne games I own (I got a lot of free ones from PS+), 51 are confirmed to work at this moment, 15 are no-gos. Many of the ones that are red were PS+ freebies at one point (including FFV and Lilo and Stitch, although I paid for FFV before it was a freebie); whether that's a coincidence or not, I don't know (there are some freebies in the blue), but that seemed to be an issue with the Minis.

Off subject: in case you haven't noticed, there's now a section on the Content Manager for transferring Playstation Mobile games. From the sound of it, these games will be like smart phone games, smaller and cheaper than normal PSN games, so here's hoping Square-Enix jumps on board with their Secret of Mana smart phone remake and that new episodic Final Fantasy game they just released.

Last edited by a moderator:
Added the link to the NeoGAF forum talking about PSone compatibility. Also added the following changes from that forum:

RED
-Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
-R-Type Delta
-Arc the Lad III
-Pocket Fighter

BLUE
-Rapid Angel
-Tomb Raider II
-Tomb Raider III
-Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
-Toy Story Racer
-Cool Boarders
-Cool Boarders 3
-Bowling

"PSP games on PSN store don't have online functionality. I wish I knew this before buying.I hope devs start publishing their games as PS Vita games instead of PSP. "

I'm not sure that's a Sony or a Vita issue; many of these games are old and the servers have been shut down by their owners (EA's MOH servers seem to be down, for instance). Yes, there are few online games that have been withheld for exploit issues (PSP2, Motorstorm Arctic, etc.), but not that many. In any case, if you have a PS3, I think you can still use the AdHoc party app, which allows you to play adhoc games against other players online. I'm not sure if it's still running (my PS3 is hocked at the moment or I'd test it myself), but it worked for Monster Hunter when I played it a few months ago.

Updated the PSP list with four_star's finding.

Also, got the following from the latest NeoGAF findings:

RED
-R-Types
-Darkstalkers 3

GREEN
-Street Fighter Alpha 2

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Do the PS1 games have dual analog support (assuming they had it on PS1), or is it just like on PSP?[/QUOTE]

They support dual analog. You gotta turn it on like the PS1/3 through the settings menu (Long touch the touchscreen).

List updated with the last few findings from the public. Also, it seems like Monkey Paw Games has some CAG readers since this thread got posted on their Facebook page.

Yay!

[quote name='mrekli']They support dual analog. You gotta turn it on like the PS1/3 through the settings menu (Long touch the touchscreen).[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game--not all games supported the dual analog stick because it was a mid-gen addition (Tomb Raider doesn't, nor does Twisted Metal 2--I'm not sure any of the 9 Vita store offerings support it).

N2O and Fighting Force work on my Vita, so I made them blue in the list.

Extreme Pinball and Hi-Octane will not transfer over from the PS3, so I made them red.

More frustratingly, Arcade Hits: Outlaws of the Lost Dynasty and Magical Drop F both have disappeared from my Download History. They're on my PS3, but there's no way to get them into bubble mode. How long has Sony been doing this?

The PSOne Classics I downloaded from their Import section are showing up in my download history list on the Vita, and they can be downloaded directly from there. I care because my PS3 is not hooked up at the moment ...

Does someone want to bother to make another color?
They don't show up in the store, so they're not Green.
They're more like the Blue titles, but they don't need a PS3

Titles include

MegaMan 1
MegaMan 2
MegaMan 3
Cho Aniki
Money Idol Exchanger

[quote name='flojomojo']The PSOne Classics I downloaded from their Import section are showing up in my download history list on the Vita, and they can be downloaded directly from there. I care because my PS3 is not hooked up at the moment ...

Does someone want to bother to make another color?
They don't show up in the store, so they're not Green.
They're more like the Blue titles, but they don't need a PS3

Titles include

MegaMan 1
MegaMan 2
MegaMan 3
Cho Aniki
Money Idol Exchanger[/QUOTE]

I feel like we could use a new color for "Downloadable if Previously Purchased". While I'm at it, the color for "pulled from PSN" doesn't tell me enough about whether it's transferrable or not. I know in most cases it'll be impossible to transfer, but maybe a blurb about can/cannot transfer, if known, would suffice.

http://community.us.playstation.com...n/m-p/38126993/message-uid/38126993#U38126993

A second round of PS1 Games have been added to the Vita's PS Store:

Alundra
Arc the Lad II
Championship Bass
Extreme Pinball
Grandia
Hi Octane: The Track Fights Back
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Magic Carpet
Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor Underground
Nuclear Strike
Oddworld Abe's Exxodus
Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Populous-The Beginning
R4 Ridge Racer Type 4
Rayman 1
Rayman2
SimCity 2000
Soviet Strike
Tekken
Tekken 2
Theme Hospital
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tomba!
Vanguard Bandits
Wing Commander IV

I'm glad to see that most of the PSP library is compatible now. Just waiting on MGS Portable Ops to work and for Kingdom Hearts BBS to be made availiable.

Been following the updates on this thread pretty much since system launch, but I never really had much chance to contribute. I signed up specifically to confirm that Jigsaw Madness works on the Vita when transferred from PS3. I doubt very many people care...but less grey is always good. :)

[quote name='Thoth']Marked Fate/Unlimited Codes as pulled from PSN. Left a note as to how it is transferrable.[/QUOTE]
I'd say that it should've been left blue since it is transferable, but put a note next to it that it's been pulled. The purple is for games that haven't been confirmed in any way, but were pulled long enough ago that their compatibility is questionable. Being pulled shouldn't overwrite the fact that a game works.

Tested and confirmed with a North American PSN account/system:

BLUE
-Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall Of Fire

I don't think this was mentioned, but 1.80 added more options to map to the right stick for at least PSP games. The options are now: Left Stick, D-pad, Left/Right on D-pad, Up/Down on D-pad, Face Buttons, L/R should buttons, and Select/Start.

In case this wasn't mentioned earlier, but most of us by know know about it: On the PSP side, you can map buttons to the four corners of the touch screen. Doesn't work as well as it should, though (what they show for you to touch seems much larger than what actually registers the touch).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't think this was mentioned, but 1.80 added more options to map to the right stick for at least PSP games. The options are now: Left Stick, D-pad, Left/Right on D-pad, Up/Down on D-pad, Face Buttons, L/R should buttons, and Select/Start.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for that shoulder button option. That's great!

Added to the Vita PS Store:

PSP
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time - $29.99 - 919 MB
Gurumin - $14.99 - 716 MB

Minis
I Kill Zombies - $2.99 - 46 MB

[quote name='lewchief']Remote play for GOW collection and ICO collection is live!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...of-the-colossus-collections-to-ps-vita-today/[/QUOTE]

About time! I like what I see, weird they both happen to be PS2 ports. Why PS2 games? Can the Vita not able to handle PS3 games during remote play? I couldve swore when Vita was released somebody hacked it to play ANY PS3 games, including Battlefield 3 and Red Dead Redemption.

Yeah there are a ton of videos of people playing ps3 games. When Sony showed the Vita at TGS last year they even showed Killzone 3 on remote play. I'm not sure what is taking them so long but at least it's a step in the right direction.

[quote name='Poor2More']About time! I like what I see, weird they both happen to be PS2 ports. Why PS2 games? Can the Vita not able to handle PS3 games during remote play? I couldve swore when Vita was released somebody hacked it to play ANY PS3 games, including Battlefield 3 and Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

I played Retro/Grade via Remote Play today, so native PS3 games are indeed possible.

[quote name='Poor2More']About time! I like what I see, weird they both happen to be PS2 ports. Why PS2 games? Can the Vita not able to handle PS3 games during remote play? I couldve swore when Vita was released somebody hacked it to play ANY PS3 games, including Battlefield 3 and Red Dead Redemption.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because they are relatively recent? Remote play capability seems like something that just doesn't get added much. LAIR, a very early title, had it.

WTF? I wanna play Metal Gear Portable Ops on my PS Vita in the US. Let's troll Sony's email to make them aware of are demands. I saw all the games we want we should just email them directly.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite will be pulled from PSN very soon. Wololo has announced it as the game being used to run the exploit he's about to release as soon as Sony pulls it from their virtual shelf, which should be very soon. (Like within a day or two) Get it now while you can if you still want it but haven't gotten around to buying it.

Added to the Vita's PS Store:

PS1 Classics
Dead in the Water
Dirt Jockey
Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
Jigsaw Madness
Mass Destruction
Mobile Lightforce
Monster Bass!
N20 Nitrous Oxide
One
Perfect Weapon
Reel Fishing
Reel Fishing 2
Reloaded
Sorcerer’s Maze
Ten Pin Alley
TNN Motorsports Hardcore 4×4
XS Airboat Racing
XS Junior League Dodgeball
XS Junior League Football
XS Junior League Soccer
XS Moto

Announced on the new PS Blogcast, these games are coming to the Vita's PS Store next week:

PS1 Classics
2Xtreme
Backstreet Billiards
Bowling
Cool Boarders 3
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto 2
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
The King of Fighters 99
Medievil
Metal Slug X
Rally Cross
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Warhawk
Wild Arms 2
Wipeout

PSP Games
Crimson Room

Minis
Snowy: The Bear's Adventures

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Announced on the new PS Blogcast, these games are coming to the Vita's PS Store next week:

PS1 Classics
2Xtreme
Backstreet Billiards
Bowling
Cool Boarders 3
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto 2
Jumping Flash
Jumping Flash 2
The King of Fighters 99
Medievil
Metal Slug X
Rally Cross
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Warhawk
Wild Arms 2
Wipeout

PSP Games
Crimson Room

Minis
Snowy: The Bear's Adventures[/QUOTE]

Thanks, this will be helpful when scrolling through my huge list of games on my psn trying to find titles my Vita can download that I want to play.

bread's done
Back