Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

I think score wise GT is usually closest of all. Weird that lots of smaller sites give it a much higher score than IGN. UK and AU IGN even gave it 9.0 and 8.9. More scores... I will play this game at some point though.

Just a heads up -

The Harvester weapon is an in-game code. Pause the game, go to options, hit code, enter "The Hollow Land", case and space sensitive.

Next time you visit the volgrim, you can purchase the Harvester.

[quote name='Scorch']Just a heads up -

The Harvester weapon is an in-game code. Pause the game, go to options, hit code, enter "The Hollow Land", case and space sensitive.

Next time you visit the volgrim, you can purchase the Harvester.[/QUOTE]

Thanx Scorch, I posted that on the OP a few days ago :)

I got a call from the Gamestop I pre-ordered this game from this afternoon to come pick it up. I'm just gonna take in the receipt and get my $5 deposit back tomorrow, since I still have no desire to play this game just yet.

I played it for a bit, and it's not a bad game. I might even have picked it up had it come out at a different time. This would have been perfect for the summer when nothing comes out. The comparisons to Zelda are correct. It's far more in that vein than a pure action game like GoW.

Honestly, what kills this game the most is that it came out the same day as Bayonetta. With an amazing game like that at my house I have little desire to go back to Darksiders right now.

It's pretty good. I see the comparison to both games, but it feels more like Zelda than GoW. I think it has a lot to do with presentation- more open world maps, and less "forced" conflicts- more often than not there are bad guys roaming and you just have no choice but to fight them (as opposed to the GoW style of locking you in a room/hallway).

Gamefly sent it out on Monday, so I should hopefully get it today. An odd coincidence that I also have the next 4 days off from work! Hopefully this will be fun, it looks to have good ideas, but from the last gameplay I saw, not so great execution. Let's hope it can be at least a pretty fun game, still don't think it was worth keeping my pre-order, but I guess this game will show me if I'm right or wrong sometime tomorrow.

GameTrailers put their Bayonetta review up so Darksiders should come tomorrow. I'll probably pick it up once I see their review. I'll stick to getting it at GameStop. I have a game I can trade in for $20 off and I might give my friend $20 for a game he has that's also eligible for the promo.

Way to get the name wrong in the title. Though I bet that was intentional to get people tot think "there was another bonus weapon? I'll pay $3 for it"

So, can anybody tell me the Apocalyptic mode is hard or not? Is it available to choose on the first play through or you have to unlock it by beating the game first?

One of the trophies is to beat it on Apocalyptic mode as to Normal and Easy mode. I assume the easier level trophies are stacked if you beat it on harder levels.

My game is still in transit... hopefully i get to play it this weekend.

I'm debating to whether I'm going to pick this up at Gamestop or just get my $5 back from my pre-order. I already has such a massive backlog...

[quote name='Serpentor']So, can anybody tell me the Apocalyptic mode is hard or not? Is it available to choose on the first play through or you have to unlock it by beating the game first?

One of the trophies is to beat it on Apocalyptic mode as to Normal and Easy mode. I assume the easier level trophies are stacked if you beat it on harder levels.

My game is still in transit... hopefully i get to play it this weekend.[/QUOTE]

I read on GAF that its already unlocked from the beginning and its recommended if you want to get all trophies on a single run.

[quote name='bjstucker']my Gamestop has it used already. plan to pick it up after work by trading in some game for that 20 dollar deal[/QUOTE]

I wish my Gamestops had at least one used copy already, since I'd probably pick it up for $40 or under as part of a B2G1, assuming they're going to have another one prior to summer.

I got back my $5 from my pre-order today since I have wayyyy too many games to play through as it is. I wanna wait till Red Dead Redemption and God Of War III are released so I can pick up all three for cheaper from the used section.

i want this, maybe someone will take my god of war collection for it, haha. This looks so good, i was a huge fan of Zelda: OoT not so much Majoras Mask, i was too young to grasp the concept.

I'm debating going through my copy of the GOW Collection and dumping that back on GS before the end of the $20 off promo because everyone else I know is busy playing inFamous or addicted to WOW(still don't see the big deal with that game) and no one wants to actually play this while I still own it.

Oh well, their loss I suppose, since I won't be losing crap dumping it back to GS since I paid nearly squat for it anyway.

[quote name='Saint Noir']8.4 from GT. Going to watch the review now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-darksiders/60497[/QUOTE]

The video mostly highlighted the weaknesses. GT usually uses some puns but this one felt like they went out of their way to use some. It's still a solid score and since I agree with their reviews the most, I think I'll pick it up tomorrow.

They mostly knocked the story (7.9), which other reviews seem to echo, so it seems like that is a little underwhelming. They gave God of War's story a 9.0 and I found that to be nothing spectacular and rather shallow. They also knocked the story in Bayonetta (7.5).

I picked this up yesterday and played about 1.5-2 hours so far. It feels much more like God of War than Zelda right now, but I suppose I'm not very far

I wouldn't say the controls are complicated (GameSpot review) at all. Like any game, it takes a bit to get used to them. There is a lot of Hold LI + another button or hold RI + button and stuff, but its not overly complicated. The only problem I have with control is that blocking can be awkward sometimes.

I don't understand the Zelda compairisons at all, I put 4hrs into this game today and Zelda never crossed my mind. The game is very much like GoW with an open world feature. Pretty fun game though but medium seems a bit easy so far.

Does anyone have pictures of the Amazon's exclusive HOME items for Darksiders? The War Armor and Ruin Mask... Thanks in advance!

anyone buy this at bestbuy for the figure? i just picked it up, and the people at customer service had no idea how to claim the figure. they assumed that if i'm a reward zone and gamers zone member it would just be mailed out. that seems like a stretch?

anyone know how it works?

I just picked it up from GameStop. Weird question, but what type of shrink wrap did it come in from anyone else who got it at GS? Mine looks like it was opened and re-wrapped since it's not the regular shrink wrap. Though maybe that's just b/c they put the code for the Harvester in it. But I'm hoping they didn't take out that mystery code.

[quote name='orntar']anyone buy this at bestbuy for the figure? i just picked it up, and the people at customer service had no idea how to claim the figure. they assumed that if i'm a reward zone and gamers zone member it would just be mailed out. that seems like a stretch?

anyone know how it works?[/QUOTE]

You don't get it at the store, it's mailed to you. Don't know how that works though. Try calling BB's CS or emailing them.

[quote name='icedrake523']I just picked it up from GameStop. Weird question, but what type of shrink wrap did it come in from anyone else who got it at GS? Mine looks like it was opened and re-wrapped since it's not the regular shrink wrap. Though maybe that's just b/c they put the code for the Harvester in it. But I'm hoping they didn't take out that mystery code.
[/QUOTE]
It's shitty shrinkwrap. All copies come like that.

[quote name='orntar']anyone buy this at bestbuy for the figure? i just picked it up, and the people at customer service had no idea how to claim the figure. they assumed that if i'm a reward zone and gamers zone member it would just be mailed out. that seems like a stretch?

anyone know how it works?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I bought Beatles Rock Band several months after release and they emailed me a few free songs to my Reward Zone email. I know it's not the same as mailing out a physical item, but its the closest comparison I have.

I just beat the first boss. I had started the game on Apocalyptic since I read it's a bit on the easy side. But the first big enemy you face takes half your life bar in one hit so I re-started on Normal.

There is a lot of combat and it's frustrating when you only have the Chaoseater (sword) in the beginning. Once you get the Scythe (I used the code to get the Harvester for free), it's not as much. And once you get the Crossblade in the first dungeon, it's more enjoyable.

My major complaint is how they handled blocking. You have to stand still to block which I'm just not in the habit of doing. There's a way to counter but I think you have to block at the right time so I've not attempted to do that.

The controls have a steeper learning curve than other action games, especially after you get the Crossblade. But you get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Still contemplating whether i should pick up Darksiders or AC2. I heard it was like Zelda, but is it like the LoZ WindWaker? That game was probably one of my favorite games of all time. If its anything like the windwaker, I know what i'm choosing.

It is similar to Zelda. You go through dungeons, solve puzzles to progress, get items to solve puzzles and collect upgrades and treasure.

If you like Zelda, you'll like this. You'll have to fight more enemies. The combat is kind of frustrating very early on when you only have your sword and basic moves.

Any there anymore "codes" out there. Seems kind of strange that developers put that into the options just for one weapon that wasn't even a well kept secret.

[quote name='bjstucker']Hmm I am having the hardest time getting the trophy with the Panzar dragoon part after the broken stairs.[/QUOTE]

yeah its tough
make sure you focus on the big mobs of insect bat things when they show up, go crazy targetting them as fast as you can. youll have it memorized eventually haha.

and try turning up the aiming sensitivity as well.

bread's done
Back