Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

LOL I've been stomping the baby spiders in the one level for the last 10 minutes to regain all of my lost health from the one spider mini boss battle and I couldn't stop thinking about the Weird Al song from Robot Chicken "Weasel Stompin' Day"(or whatever it's called).

Pretty much if you're low on health and on the level with the spiders, keep pressing circle to get a bit of health for each one killed via stomping.

Alright. This 3 beep PS3 restarting glitch or whatever it is starting to really piss me off now.

I've had it happen about 12-14 times so far and it's getting annoying and has ruined any desire I have to finish the game.

It sucks since I'm on the 4th major boss too, but I can't keep playing it if it's going to keep happening when I go to quit out of the game. It doesn't even happen this often with GTA IV, which I used to get that issue with multiple times in a week on my 40gb PS3.

Glitch? Are you sure it's not your PS3? I've had it happen once on my 60gb when another game froze up and it's never happened on my slim.

Definitely has to be your PS3. The only issues I've had with Darksiders is that it's froze maybe 2-3 times. I also had Uncharted 2 freeze one time.

@Iamthecheapestgamer
If you get the stone skin wrath power and upgrade it fully, you can pretty much turn every major fight into a cakewalk. Just turn it on and go berserk, you'll kill the enemy really quickly, you will have taken minimal damage, and it'll be really easy to regenerate your wrath meter. turned apocalyptic into even more of a cakewalk (abyssal armor helped with that too)

if anyone needs help with the 160 kill aerial predator trophy id suggest using rapid fire, at least before you enter the tunnel. rapid fire can kill the shielded angels with the homing balls REALLY fast, even on apocalyptic difficulty.

Figure I'll try again... if anyone still has a Darksiders Amazon Playstation Home preorder code.. let me know >_> I figure someone has one sitting in an inbox unused, looking for a warm and fuzzy home... >_>

I just gave one away georox, sorry bro. I shoulda given it to ya sorry heh. Although no one posted to say it was redeemed so it mightve been a lurker or it might have expired.

I think what might be happening with the 3 beep thing is the system's hard drive is still running and writing a bit as I'm trying to quit out. I gave it like 30 seconds extra last night before just quitting out right after going to the start screen and I didn't get any 3 beep restart.

Although, it is a known issue and has been reported pretty widely.

I certainly hope it's not my slim PS3, since I just got it this past August soon after they released it. Although I have noticed that the HDD seems to be running a bit more and sounding a bit weird. Unfortunately, I don't think that's covered under Sony's limited bs warranty, since the HDD is considered like batteries in the controllers as a 'consumable' and not covered one bit.:bomb:

Thing is, I don't have the spare cash to 'upgrade' to a different hdd either, so I'm SO fuckin' L if it is the HDD and it goes.

[quote name='IRHari']@Iamthecheapestgamer
If you get the stone skin wrath power and upgrade it fully, you can pretty much turn every major fight into a cakewalk. Just turn it on and go berserk, you'll kill the enemy really quickly, you will have taken minimal damage, and it'll be really easy to regenerate your wrath meter. turned apocalyptic into even more of a cakewalk (abyssal armor helped with that too)

if anyone needs help with the 160 kill aerial predator trophy id suggest using rapid fire, at least before you enter the tunnel. rapid fire can kill the shielded angels with the homing balls REALLY fast, even on apocalyptic difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... questions:

The stone skin wrath power you spoke of, can it be carried over to the next playthrough? If not, about when in the game you get this power?

The Abyssal Armor, can you carry it over after you beat the game on EASY? Apocalyptic mode is not terrible, but i just want to blast through it.

The rapid fire for the Aerial Predator kills, how do you acquire it? Is it an option in the menu? Or just a rapid fire button function on the controller?

Game is getting a 90 minute demo by the end of the month. Glad they are giving a decent sized taste to people and not like 10 minutes, which probably wouldn't work for the game.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Game is getting a 90 minute demo by the end of the month. Glad they are giving a decent sized taste to people and not like 10 minutes, which probably wouldn't work for the game.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear this. I'm on the fence about the game, and am REALLY leaning towards it thanks to the lowered price point on Amazon.

To people that own the game: $28 for it (after promo credit) - good price/great price/definitely well worth it? I've read reviews, but I tend to favor fellow gamers' opinions over 'professional' reviewers. Note: I adore Zelda and God of War :D

I think it's a drop, at least at GS, as I just got is used @ 34.99 (my EDGE card expired in January!)
Also found one with a mystery code!

[quote name='Saint Noir']Wow at the price. Is this a long term price drop? (39.99 that is)[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm wondering as well, which is one reason I'm leaning toward getting it. If it's permanent, I could easily just wait until GS does a 20% PS3 coupon so I could burn some of my rarely used GS credit. On the other hand, if it's temporary, it could be quite a bit until it gets a substantial drop (though this is a THQ game)

@Serpentor
I just sent this to Amazon for a trade-in. But I platinum'd it first ;)
1) nothing, i repeat, NOTHING carries over to another playthrough, EXCEPT for the abyssal armor, and you'll be asked specifically if you want to do it.
2) i played and collected everything on normal and used the Abyssal armor on apocalyptic. you can do the same thing for easy. some bosses still hit me for a shitload of damage so i would definitely suggest using the abyssal armor on apocalyptic.
3) for aerial predator, rapid fire is exactly what it sounds like. you just keep hitting the fire button (R2 on the PS3) VERY fast.
i was surprised at how effective this was, even on apocalyptic, on the shielded angels. I would use homing shots on EVERYTHING else, even the unshielded angels.

make SURE you take out the dragon as quick as possible, immediately when you see it begin targeting it and shooting it. if you shoot it down fast enough youll get more chances to shoot bugs down and they're the best opportunity to gain kills. remember, when you see tiamat it means no more dudes are going to appear so if you didnt get the trophy, restart. i made a save after i entered the cave, and i made sure i hit at least 40 kills before entering the cave.

make sure you make a separate save if youre going for this trophy, it can take a few tries to get the hang of it. hit select and look at the # of kills you have up to that point (when you start it) and that'll be your zero point for how many more kills you need to get (160)

[quote name='Tony208']Anyone feel like the targeting in this game kinda sucks? Camera is also zoomed in too much imo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah on both, especially on the latter. War is just a damn tank, and he takes up way too much of the screen. Camera really needed to be back several more feet.

I finished the game a few weeks ago, so I don't fully remember the controls, but I think you targeted and then had to use the stick to change targets, right? I remember thinking it might have worked better to just keep hitting the lock-on button to cycle targets.

How long does this game take to beat? I just got it Yesterday from Gamestop.com and I'd like to beat it and trade it back to Gamestop while the TIV is still high.

Well I figure Id just play through the story mode and get a good feel for the game and then trade it in.

Then maybe I'd pick it back up when it hits clearance or during a b2g1.

So just a basic play through without worrying about getting everything in the game done at this point. How long would that take?

[quote name='IRHari']eh I'd say maybe 20 hours Dahk. It's a good game, its basically a Zelda game with better combat.[/QUOTE]

I would say its closer to 14-16 hours. I was around 14.5 hours
after collecting the last piece of the armageddon blade,
right before the final boss, and decided to go back and finish up all the trophies before beating the game. I'm now at about 17 hours, and only have to finish leveling the two weapons before continuing on. I was basically just going straight through the story, and not worrying about doing anything extra, so ymmv.

[quote name='IRHari']eh I'd say maybe 20 hours Dahk. It's a good game, its basically a Zelda game with better combat.[/QUOTE]

It has flashier combat, but not better. The game mechanics are nowhere as polished as Zelda or GoW. Take the camera for example, it is so zoomed in that whenever you see an enemy coming from the behind, they are going to land a hit on you, this is esp the case with larger mobs.

I'm liking this game alot right now. The only part I havent liked so far war riding the winged gryphon type creature

hopefully someone can give me some info on this. i am at the ashlands and the map at the bottom says to kill the stygian. i have ruin and there is a yellow dot where i am supposed to go, but when i go to it, the path is blocked by some kind of rock. i can't break through it, and when i've gone around and around the area and can't seem to find anywhere in. please help! it's pissing me off!

[quote name='Dahk']I'm liking this game alot right now. The only part I havent liked so far war riding the winged gryphon type creature[/QUOTE]

That part was okay, but you can miss the trophy if you don't do it just right. :bomb:

Finally beat it. The end was a little confusing but that's because it's been 2 months since I played it (my TV in my dorm is crappy. Wanted to beat this on my big screen at home). The last few seconds of the final scene are pretty awesome.

Just started playing it. Enjoying it thus far and glad that it was a success for the studio (as their first game).

Anyone have tips on what the best thing to spend souls on is?

Hah, I honestly don't remember exactly how I spent everything, but I can give you some tips:

I didn't even use all the attacks you can buy for all the weapons, but you need them all for the All Weapons Upgraded Trophy. Don't pay the 1k for the scythe when you can enter the code "The Hollow Lord" (without quotes) in the in-game options menu (accessible from somewhere in your inventory) for a free Harvester scythe.

You don't have to upgrade your Wrath spells all the way for the All Spells Learned Trophy, but you do need to purchase the lvl 1 forms to at least unlock all four Wrath powers. Also, Stoneskin's the only one worth upgrading, I think.

Anyone want to try and sell me on this game?

I played through the demo and it felt like I was waiting for the Ice Age to end, the three things that came to mind while playing were bland, tedious, and is it ever going to end.

I had to utterly force myself to finish the demo because I knew that if I didn't I would never pick it up again and play through it. Btw, the demo took me about 2 1/2 hours to play all the way and when I was done the first thing I did was delete it and not look back.

But since it is on sale next week for a decent price at Kmart I thought I'd reevaluated my stance. I'm still not convinced it's worth $30, sub-$20 or even at all, maybe in a few years down the road for $10-15, I'd give it a shot. But I still need a reason to buy it, keep it on the list and not scratch it off permanently.

So if anyone has any solid reasons why I should give the full version a chance I'd appreciate it.

I like Zelda and I like GoW, but I really didn't like this...so convince me why I should play it. Please.

The 1st dungeon is the weakest part of the game, plus, you don't really get a sense of the story/voice acting-which are both strong
darksiders keeps getting better the more you progress, and there are a few characters and items later in the game that really open it up and make you feel powerful
without spoiling anything, there are a few kickass moments towards the end that are well scripted and intelligent

I just picked this up a couple of nights ago again, after getting rid of it just before God Of War 3 came out. But I had my PS3 restart on me yet again when I was at the title screen and tried quitting out via pressing the PS button.

I took a break from this game to play FF13 and God of War 3. Now I came back to it but I cant beat the damn
Stygian or whatever that huge sand worm is called.

Any pointers?

[quote name='Dahk']I took a break from this game to play FF13 and God of War 3. Now I came back to it but I cant beat the damn
Stygian or whatever that huge sand worm is called.

Any pointers?[/QUOTE]

It's been a while- but from what I remember, I got on the horse, and ran in front of it, with the camera turned back to look at it. I used the pistols to shoot in its mouth. When it started speeding up, I just dashed out and away. It took a while, but it worked.
That was the biggest problem I had with that game. A lot of the boss fights were way too drawn out, and you didn't really know if you were damaging the guy.

I have to get back into playing this game, though I have such a hellish backlog right now that I doubt I'll be able to play this game until sometime in the fall.:lol:

Hopefully the 3 beep restart thing was just because I wasn't letting it finish loading the title screen when quitting out, since unless I had a game 'hang' and get stuck at a loading screen I haven't had any issues with other games doing the 3 beep restart.

Nice book --- I just Platinum'd this beast 2 days ago.

Nice game. Too much of the collecting stuff for me (but then again, I did Platinum it; I didn't need to go thru the whole game getting every little thing). I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it even more since I got it for 20 bucks new from Gamestop.

I might even pick up this art book. The only art books I've ever bought were for Terry Pratchett's Diskworld series and for the Oddworld series of video games.

bread's done
Back