Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

They make you kill one with the gun, and I used it-- but I keep getting murdered. I can make it down the hill and through the busted ice wall, but then i die.

i understand i'm supposed to use the gun... I'm just saying that i was still getting killed..

I managed to make it through and get the trophy. It went from being very difficult to fairly easy.. don't know that i really changed my strategy.

I got this game last weekend after looking forward to it for a long time. IT IS A MASTERPIECE. I'm playing it on Apocalyptic mode and loving every second of it.

I'm getting slaughtered in Apocalptic mode... I can't kill those fat guys with lighting and fire. I was able to avoid the fire fat guys, but now stuck on the part where you have to kill 30 using O finishes. The damn blue fat guy kills me everytime! Is there a way to change the difficulty during the game? I can't seem to find that option.... Do I have to restart the game? Oh yeah, the part I got stuck on, I can't even find enemies to kill to upgrade the weapons :(

ps I don't have the Crossblade, which you can spam it on the fat dudes.

You can't change the difficulty without starting. I don't even think there's something like in GoW II where it asks you if you keep dying.

I tried Apocalyptic but gave up when you fight those big blue guys the first time.

BTW, the fat fire guys are easy if you fight them up close since they mostly just swipe at you.

Could someone with a PS3 Slim do me a favor? I brought my PS3 to school with me and forgot to take Darksiders out. I'm afraid something may have happened to it since it takes 28 seconds to get to the THQ logo. Could anyone run it on their Slim and see how long it takes? The game itself seems to run fine (I only played it for about 5 min though) but I just want to see if the long load time is with every game. I forget how long it took to get to the THQ screen when I was home.

I don't have the slim, but it shouldn't take 28 secs to load the initial logo. Well, it does take that Amount of time or more to load a save from the the first logo...

Apocalyptic mode isn't really that hard. If you're having a hard time, then you need more practise. I'd advise you to play DMC3 (regular not special edition) and other difficult games like Demon's Souls and old school Contra and Ninja Gaiden. Once you've adjusted to that kind of difficulty, then you'll play all your games on the hardest difficulties without breaking a sweat.

I give up on Apocalyptic mode, i restarted the game on EASY. Mainly because on EASY, the trophies are easier to get. I'll eventually play Apocalyptic mode when i complete the game. Oh yeah, when you play on EASY, it's a lot more enjoyable to go with the story mode (you don't die much) and searching for treasures.

I managed to get to the Cathedral on Apocalyptic mode, so, it's not that bad. Anyhow, trying to get the 160 air kills on the Apo mode is ridiculous... It can be done, but forget it, you waste more time trying than do it on EASY and enjoy a second play through.

I was trying to collect everything in one play through... Apparently, i missed the Air Parking trophy, so i restarted the game.

Blocking does suck in the game. I noticed that there's no evade action. I dash like mad when playing in Apo mode and even then, it's not effective... Also, air combos don't do damages on the big guys or maybe a little (not like Kratos' air moves on the Cyclops).

Again, i still haven't got the Crossblade yet, so the Apo mode is less enjoyable...

I'm playing through on Apocalyptic. When I get to places like the air kills trophy I just made an alternative save. Then I plan on reverting my save file down to easy to do those parts if need be. I didn't need them though. I got the air kills on my 2nd try, and the angel kills on my first successful pass at that level.

Other than "it's good" is there a rush to get this game? My next game will either be this or Demon's Souls. I am leaning towards Demon's Souls so that when I play it, there are still lots of people to co-op tough bosses with, etc. Then I coudl play Darksiders after.

Thoughts?

If I were you, I would get Demon's Souls right now. That game is more of a must play than Darksiders even though both are amazing.

I haven't touch my copy of Demon's Soul, but i believe you don't really need to play on-line to enjoy it. If you're stuck you can always use on-line guides.

I normally minimize play thrus for games i don't really like but need the trophies. For Darksiders, i decided to play EASY and really enjoy the game than rushing through it. But now i have Bayonetta and Army of Two 40th Day (thanks to TRU's deal), man, i need to clone myself to play all of them! Did i mention i still have my copy of Demon's Soul sealed? Oh wait, so does Borderland! Ah, the horror...

I better hurry up, b/c FFXIII and Heavy Rain are coming, the next thing is GoWIII. Speaking of GoW, I still have to platinum GoWII.

Demon Souls is a must play. I would suggest doing it now while its still hot. Its nice to see the "ghost images" of other online players while you play and get their messages, Offline is not the same, even if you never invite people in to play with you.

I mysleft never asked for help and until near the end I never jumped into other players games to help. I had fun doing that and I only did it to grind for a bit.

I still have never had someone come into my game and greatly enjoyed that game. Excellent title.

I will be getting Darksiders eventually and am curious what the length seems to be? I am thinking a rental may work.

Demon's Souls online is a much better experience than offline even if you never cop-op or invade (I generally don't). Whenever I play it offline (to work on my world tendency) it definitely feels like it's missing something.

[quote name='Snake2715']I will be getting Darksiders eventually and am curious what the length seems to be? I am thinking a rental may work.[/QUOTE]

My game has about 14 hours on it. I've been taking my time playing on the hardest difficulty. I stopped for a while to grind in 2 different locations (about 3 hours- trophy related, not required), and I believe that I'm at about the 80% mark for the game based on items i've collected, etc.

[quote name='nbballard']My game has about 14 hours on it. I've been taking my time playing on the hardest difficulty. I stopped for a while to grind in 2 different locations (about 3 hours- trophy related, not required), and I believe that I'm at about the 80% mark for the game based on items i've collected, etc.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks so as I dont play for trophies I am guessing 14 hours and done or maybe a hair less.

[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah, it's anything but. I should have stopped it when he called Darksiders and Bayonetta God of War clones.[/QUOTE]

LOL Not a GOW clone? Are we playing the same game? Between the dark and brooding dialogue, the similar combo hit counter, the similar combos, the similar weapon styles....shall I go on?

I'm just glad the credit I spent on it didn't cost me more than $10 to make or I'd be truly pissed for having spent MSRP on this clone.

Mind you, it is a decent clone since my buddies' bro-in-law couldn't stop playing it and I couldn't stop watching him play it. I just got home at around 3:45am.:roll:

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHA !!! I just listened to that review from Escapist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darksiders doesn't play like GoW. Yes, there are a lot of similar elements, but trust me, it just doesn't feel like GoW when you play it. On the other hand, Dante's Inferno plays a lot like GoW. Bayonetta doesn't feel like GoW either...

They're all good games, DI is not out yet, but from the demo, i think it should be okay. It probably not going to be great, but good.

Darksiders is not great great, but pretty good.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Not a GOW clone? Are we playing the same game? Between the dark and brooding dialogue[/QUOTE]
And every other game with a dark setting.

the similar combo hit counter
And every other game that uses a combo hit counter.

the similar combos
Not really. Darksiders uses more different button combinations.

the similar weapon styles
The only similar weapon style is the Chaoseater and Artemis Blade. I can't think of any other weapons that are similar between them.

shall I go on?
No because we both know neither of us is going to change our minds so there's really no point. I think it's a stretch to call it a GoW clone. There's a lot that makes it different from it. But when you don't care about the game, you don't care to look a little deeper and see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Not a GOW clone? Are we playing the same game? Between the dark and brooding dialogue[/QUOTE]

Yeah you know... cause this kind of thing never existed in any medium before GoW... this is a pretty ridiculous "point" to list.

I tell you what, Darksiders is more fun than Bayonetta. I just want to finish with Bayonetta quickly and then take my time with Darksiders.

[quote name='Serpentor']I tell you what, Darksiders is more fun than Bayonetta. I just want to finish with Bayonetta quickly and then take my time with Darksiders.[/QUOTE]
That sounds dirty. I don't think Bayonetta is that kind of girl!

[quote name='orntar']wtf is a zelda baby anyway?[/QUOTE]

zeldababy.jpg

i played this game and thought it was frightfully dull. the combat was basically one button. the targetting system needed some work. the enemy fights were uneventful, and it was like I played this game a hundred times already.

I guess games like demon's souls and ninja gaiden sigma 2 have me completely ruined. I just can't stomach these types of games

OK....I don't know if it's been mentioned or not yet, but the one boss
Tiamat
is a pain in the ass to get by.

All in all, once I put this game into my PS3 I found myself not wanting to quit until I 'got by one more boss' and before I knew it one more boss turned into one more boss and so on.

So, while I do still see some similarities between this and GOW, they do have things that seperate them as well.

It's a fun game, but also VERY frustrating at times(aforementioned boss fight).

That one is hard b/c you're still getting used to the controls and taking her down is rather complex.

Amazingly, I beat her when I had virtually no life left. There was no green in my health bar at all.

Actually, I did the Scythe code and got it as soon as I visited Vulgrim the first time, so I've been using a combination of the Chaoseater and the scythe to annihilate opponents.

I've also picked up or unlocked some insane powerups for both that give me souls(currency ones) for every part of the enviro I destroy, among other things.

This is a great game. Not spectacular, nothing revolutionary, but if there is justice, it'll be mentioned alongside others in the genre as an obscure, above-average game. It's just over the top enough to warrant recommendation. Seriously, how can you not like the BFG sections?

I mean there are plenty of things to harp on with the game. But I sort of see it in the same way I consider Avatar to be a sum of more positive things than negative.

Yahtzee - despite laughing a few times at this week's review, which I haven't done in months - is wrong. It's that simple. He's mad about things he passes in other games, and his schtick has worn straight on into troll territory. I have to question whether or not it's all an act, because he legit hates everything these days. Regardless, I still like what he does, if it gets irritating these days more than it used to.

[quote name='icedrake523']How far did you get?[/QUOTE]

In Darksiders? I got past the second boss and decided to return the game.

Not trying to trash others that like the game mind you. Just really did nothing for me. I don't suppose from my brief stint with the title that there would be much room for replay value after the first play through.

Too bad the NewEgg deal was only for the 360 version, the screen tearing is pretty bad.

I read it's not as bad in the PS3 version?

There are some definite framerate issues in this game, as I thought my game was frozen a couple of times, but as it turns out it was the framerate playing catch up.

It's not quite as bad as Rise Of The Argonauts, which also had audio issues among other problems, but it was getting a bit annoying Thursday night when I was playing it.

I haven't really had any screen tearing or frame rate issues. I have had issues with little red "Load" logos showing up on the left side of the screen a lot.. I'm guessing I have been running through the areas to fast for the system to pre-load anything.

Had the same problem with Batman and I was worried that my BD was dying but I haven't had any problems with anything since then (other than this). Maybe that is just an error game companies make on their initial release...

[quote name='Jodou']That sounds dirty. I don't think Bayonetta is that kind of girl![/QUOTE]

LOL, it's funny you put it that way. Actually, Bayonetta is not a bad game once you get the hand of it. The only complaint i have for Bayonetta is loading, the damn game loads too much. I can't wait to play Darksiders again, maybe this weekend.

I didn't encounter any screen tearing in Darksiders and loading time is much much better than Bayonetta.

Alright. I got up to the one point last night/this morning that annoyed me now. Apparently one of the other gatekeepers/big stone mfers wants you to repeat the same 'curse breaking' crap as the first batch of 4 mini battles.

I was kind of annoyed with having to do the same bs again, so I ended up quitting out of the game after trying the challenge one time. Hopefully they don't keep repeating this crap for the rest of the game.

No. You do that sort of thing twice. I only had trouble with one of the challenges. The rest were easy. Get the Stoneskin power if you're getting your ass kicked.

[quote name='Serpentor']Actually, Bayonetta is not a bad game once you get the hand of it.[/QUOTE]
Dude, just stop LOL!

[quote name='icedrake523']No. You do that sort of thing twice. I only had trouble with one of the challenges. The rest were easy. Get the Stoneskin power if you're getting your ass kicked.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the one where you have to beat 30 guys in like 5 minutes using the alternate form of War.

What I thought kind of sucked was that the meter for how long you can be in the alternate form went down so damn fast.

Other than that I've been having fun with the game since I finally opened my copy.:D

bread's done
Back