Darksiders anyone? GOW+Zelda baby confirmed! :)

Well, the bigger guys didn't pop up till after I had already eliminated the smaller ones for a bit. But I think I got the basic pattern that I have to do to get these levels done.

[quote name='nbballard']got my platinum on Saturday. I had fun with the game, but had to rubberband the control to get the "darkrider" trophy.[/QUOTE]
congrats! what was your hardest trophy?

The hardest trophy was probably the "Improvised Kill" trophy. I had to actively remember to hit things with cars. Other than that it was just about time commitment.

I think I kind of got lucky with the chests since I had all but a handful of them when I was done.

Just want to post this (got it from the TRU promotion thread):

Originally Posted by etcrane
There's a code in certain copies of Darksiders that the Devs were supposed to announce the meaning behind by the end of January. Most people thought it was a code included in all the first-run editions, but it was actually only in some of them and comes on a piece of paper that says not to throw it away. It doesn't match up with any 360 or PSN code system, and people have been speculating what it might be. DLC isn't likely since the Devs stated that there won't be any ... so people have been saying it could be a figure of some sort (because they already had the pre-order bonus figure) but most likely it could be something downloadable for PC like a digital comic or perhaps the soundtrack.

So yeah, anyway, the Devs are taking their sweet time explaining what the code is and some folks have speculated that the resale value for this game is holding because people are hanging on to their copies until they are sure the code isn't some sort of amazing game-related download. So once the code is revealed, assuming it's not something incredible, I have a feeling the trade in value for Darksiders is going to drop very, very fast ... as the game has very limited replayability and no multiplayer.

My copy came with the code (not PSN sort of code) and i haven't redeem it yet. So, basically, we still don't know what it does huh...

yea. I got one too. Didn't realize they weren't in 100% of the games.. It's probably just going to be something on their website for like, a free wallpaper or something stupid.

I played this game once through. Is there a way to carry over your character stats into a new game+ mode? I didnt get every chest the first play through, so missing a few trophies there. But man the story was very interesting, cant wait for a sequel.

I did experience frame rate/tearing issues but still playable. Some of the enemies use cheap tactics which frustrate until you figure out how to beat them. The animation/character development was good. I hope GOW 3 is as good or better.

Right now I'm on the part with the giant frickin' worms and those annoying wooden towers with the spinning blades. It's probably the most frustrating/annoying part since they repeated the 'kill this many shleps in 4 arenas' thing to get past that one 'doorway' dude thing.

As for the code thing, that's another reason I'm holding onto the game still too. I want to see what the hell this code thing is for. Hopefully the devs remember about it soon, since I have a feeling that once I beat it I'm dumping it back on GS during a decent promo.

Finished the game. Give it between a B and a B+. Don't get all the hate just because some people are threatened by it existing alongside their mindless hypercombat Japanese games and God of War, when really this game is more adventure in execution than "whoa man, I totally ripped that thing's head off."

I'd recommend it to everyone I know, provided they understand what it is. And I'd also tell them it's worth about twenty five bucks for a single go around, if they aren't worried about that.

Basically if they fixed up a few minor issues here and there and kept the momentum going (the biggest problem I had with the game was its total lack of proper flow) from the first dungeon, then they'll have a stellar game instead of simply a better-than-good one.

[quote name='nakanenui']I played this game once through. Is there a way to carry over your character stats into a new game+ mode? I didnt get every chest the first play through, so missing a few trophies there. But man the story was very interesting, cant wait for a sequel.

I did experience frame rate/tearing issues but still playable. Some of the enemies use cheap tactics which frustrate until you figure out how to beat them. The animation/character development was good. I hope GOW 3 is as good or better.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure about the complete stats, but I started a new game to get the 1 trophy I was missing (Parking), and I had all of the health bars that I had found (not the ones I got for beating bosses), and the special suit of armor. I didn't have time to try any of my moves, but I assume they were there too.

I've played the Prologue and Chapters 1-2 and I really like this game. Yeah, it's nothing original but it mixes the ideas of several games nicely. I've seen elements of Dante's Inferno, God Of War, Zelda, Ratchet & Clank, Batman: Arkham Asylum and others. Much better than Bayonetta as far as I;m concerned. Bayonetta's only advantage is the dialogue.

[quote name='icedrake523']You lose everything shortly after you start though.[/QUOTE]

This is for full stats right? Im talking about carrying over what you unlocked from the first playthrough once the "events" occur that has you starting from scratch.

I'm renting the game, and I just beat the first major dungeon- the Twilight Chapel. Man, was that place long! I must have played for four hours straight today. Great game. I like it. Playing on Normal.

[quote name='nakanenui']This is for full stats right? Im talking about carrying over what you unlocked from the first playthrough once the "events" occur that has you starting from scratch.[/QUOTE]

You don't get to keep anything except the abyssal armor.

There's an update(as of yesterday,2/5/10) on the Darksiders website about the code that came with some copies of the game. They said what the code is for will be revealed NEXT WEEK.

Also, I experienced some major, major slowdown during the latest boss battle last night(third major boss).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Also, I experienced some major, major slowdown during the latest boss battle last night(third major boss).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've experienced some major, major slowdown as well at certain points of the game. The game plays like a slideshow at a few points.

Just like Portal in the end though... Seriously that was too blaten of a copy Orange and Blue portals ooo haven't seen that before. Not a original game, but would look into multiplayer, I think that would play out well. They could copy borderlands and make it a shooter.

I want to know what the damned code in the package is for though, so I know if I've been holding onto my copy for nothing for a while now.

Thing is, even though I have seen only 1-2 copies at my local GS stores since it's release, the TIV has dropped like a stone all the while. So maybe I'll keep it after all and let my one buddy play it.

[quote name='lustyhitter']I've seen elements of Dante's Inferno[/QUOTE]

how can you see elements from a game that isnt even out yet? let alone a game that is about as original as darksiders is.

I think I just glitched the game. I'm on the third major boss fight(Stygian) and I got him to chase me around in a circle and now his head grabbed hold of his ass end and he's perpetually circling me.

There's major slowdown on the screen too while he's doing this and the only attacks that work are ones done from on horseback.

I guess I'm going to have to restart this fight...AGAIN!! I hate this boss fight as much as I did the one against Tiamat.

I finished the game on Sunday and never ran into slowdown. I had one glitch where I summoned Ruin; War jumped up to get on his back, but Ruin kept going and War just hovered in midair as if he were on horseback.

A quick exit to main menu and load solved that problem though.

I'm excited for the next game in the series to come out!

I'm still stuck on the battle against Stygian. My targeting skills suck and those smaller Ashworms keep knocking me off Ruin and taking off chunks of my health.

I'm sick of battling those little worms cuz they're a pain in the ass and it's impossible to target all three at the same time, which means I get hit from the one that's offscreen that sneaks up alongside me.

Annoying and repetitive would be the words I would have to use for this boss battle.

I've tried it no less than 12 times already over the past 2-3 days and I'm still waiting for the circle prompt to come up so I finish off the big boss. How many friggin' shots does it take to get to the damned circle prompt?

I've probably hit it about 20-30 times or more in each attempt and I still didn't get it.

I'm not so certain it has to do with amount of damage as it does number of cycles. Most bosses in the game (possibly all) have a set pattern. First, figure out the means of hitting the blasted thing (in the case of Stygian, shooting it in the mouth). Second, boss does something where you can't hit him (smaller worms). Repeat. Usually after three times you'll get the circle prompt.

I found Stygian easiest when running on Ruin, holding down L2 and R2 (auto fire and targeting) and spamming Ruin's speed burst.

That's what I've been doing, but don't you have to shoot and kill or at least wound the smaller worms? Those have been doing the most damage to me compared to the Stygian itself.

I've shot it about 8-10 times every time it comes up and tries to attack me and exposes it's mouth.

I'm just really getting annoyed with how many shots it's taking. I decided to play on 'easy' and that's even proving to be harder than usual at some spots.

Of course, for every major boss I've managed to use the Chaos form to finish them off, though with Stygian that seems like it might not work out too well.

[quote name='icedrake523']Did you buy the bullet upgrade?[/QUOTE]

I think I did, but I'm not sure. I just kind of passed off the gun as something I would use very sparingly in the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think I did, but I'm not sure. I just kind of passed off the gun as something I would use very sparingly in the game.[/QUOTE]

That's the only location I used the gun.

I bought the upgrade since that's the only point in the game where it's necessary. I figured I might as well get the upgrade when I'd get the most out of it.

OK. So I was doing it wrong all this damn time. I kept bringing up the targeting reticule to try and 'precise aim'(my aiming sucks btw) and here all I had to do was spam L2 and R2 to auto aim and fire.

I beat the Stygian handily after trying it the right way.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. So I was doing it wrong all this damn time. I kept bringing up the targeting reticule to try and 'precise aim'(my aiming sucks btw) and here all I had to do was spam L2 and R2 to auto aim and fire.

I beat the Stygian handily after trying it the right way.[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah, i was just about to say, there is no need to go into r3 and precision that shit.

i just got done with black thorne. that stage was a pain in the balls.

@8bitArtist
Yeah one of the game's producers admitted that was the one level they did not play test at all. And clearly it shows. They also claim they had the idea of a portal like mechanism even before portal came out.

The portal area was one of my favorite!

I read in an interview (Game Informer, I think) that they took out two dungeons due to time and development constraints. I would've loved a longer game.

The mystery code has been revealed.(fuckin' finally)

http://community.darksidersvideogame.com/blog-post/mystery-code-revealed

The Mystery Code Revealed!

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:
  • A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
  • A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.
    • Click here to receive the 360 version.
    • Click here to receive the PS3 version.
Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."
This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and a disc version 'artbook' for holding onto the code. But I wonder what shipping is going to cost us?

I'm gonna redeem mine in a bit and find out what the shipping is and I'll report back.

EDIT: Shipping is $5 and they automatically add in 'extended download service', which you have to delete to make it $5. Otherwise, it's coming up as $10.

Second EDIT: Under 'details', it's coming up as 'electronic download', so they plan on having people digitally download RF:G? WTF!?!?!?! I'm gonna contact customer service before I complete this transaction cuz there's no way in hell I'm paying for a DD of a game I already own on disc format.

I went through and did the transaction anyway earlier, since I figure there's no way in hell they could make RF:G a downloadable title. So for $5 I'm getting a second copy(already have it) of RF:G that I may just give to my one friend so he can finish the game sometime.

That's a good question and one one of us will surely find out the answer to soon enough.

I hope they didn't get too slammed on this first day of the code being able to be redeemed so those of us(i.e. me) who already redeemed ours can get our nearly free shit sooner.

When my stuff comes in from THQ/Digital River I'll let you guys know if it's an artBOOK or a disc, but from the way it sounded on the blog post it was an artbook on a disc.

I just hope they don't cheap out on the packaging and everything arrives ok.

UPDATE: I just checked my e-mail and I received the following response from THQ regarding what form each of these extras will be in. I've quoted it below:

Response :
Thank you, Michael, for contacting THQ Customer Support.

While we have not received full info regarding these promos here in this department, we can tell you the following:

The code offers both a hard copy disc of the RFG game, as well as the Darksiders Extras. This disc is mailed to your home address, covered by the $4.99 shipping and handling fee. I'm sorry, this department cannot answer any questions about the fee.

Once the code is entered and the "Send" or "Next" button is hit, the code is then invalid for future use.

At this time we do not have further info, but as we receive more, we will post it on our Support website: www.thq.com/support
If you receive a redemption failure, please provide us with the code for further research.

Best regards,

Jodie G
THQ Customer Support
http://support.thq.com

We hope this will help resolve this inquiry. If it does not, please use the link below to come to our website and add to or clarify your question. You may need to cut and paste the entire link (it may span two lines) into the address line of your web browser.

So there you have it. Pay $4.99 and receive Red Faction: Guerrilla(unsure if it'll come in just a cardboard sleeve like people said GH:VH did) AND the Darksiders Extras disc.

Not a bad deal for a $20-30 game and some extras in a disc format.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's a good question and one one of us will surely find out the answer to soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Obviously if it's a CD, then that content will probably find it's way onto the internet.

I hope RF:G doesn't come in a cardboard sleeve.

I hope it doesn't come in a cardboard sleeve either. Although I think I have a spare RF:G manual from when I bought it used just before I traded a 120gb 360 hdd I got from Kmart for a new/sealed copy from someone on CAG.

I also have spare PS3 game cases, so all I'd need to do is find a coverart for RF:G if it comes in a cardboard sleeve and I'd have a complete spare copy.

bread's done
Back