[DEAD] Batman: Under The Red Hood Blu-ray [Reg and BB Exclusive. Ed] $6.99

[quote name='mcdaking84']wtf is up with the digital copy being only windows media player?[/QUOTE]
Holy crap! Really? I'm almost glad I got turned down now.:lol:
I was hoping to get a copy on my iPhone for cheap.

I finally got my copy of the movie. I spoke to someone who gave a crap about helping me. Transferred me to Customer Relations who called the store on my behalf and spoke to a manager. Immediately the manager agreed to do the pricematch since I had an existing order.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I finally got my copy of the movie. I spoke to someone who gave a crap about helping me. Transferred me to Customer Relations who called the store on my behalf and spoke to a manager. Immediately the manager agreed to do the pricematch since I had an existing order.[/QUOTE]

Good work!

M

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I finally got my copy of the movie. I spoke to someone who gave a crap about helping me. Transferred me to Customer Relations who called the store on my behalf and spoke to a manager. Immediately the manager agreed to do the pricematch since I had an existing order.[/QUOTE]

I called customer service and didn't get anywhere, but after 1/2 hour of trying to get me a copy, I asked for compensation and she gave me a $5 off code for my next BB.com order...I would rather have the bluray.

[quote name='slowdive21']I called customer service and didn't get anywhere, but after 1/2 hour of trying to get me a copy, I asked for compensation and she gave me a $5 off code for my next BB.com order...I would rather have the bluray.[/QUOTE]
You should ask for the Customer Relations department. I assume you had an instore pickup that failed somehow?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']You should ask for the Customer Relations department. I assume you had an instore pickup that failed somehow?[/QUOTE]

They said it was out of stock, so I called to see if they could ship it to me. (Since they send an email saying they will ship free). I tried to get them to pull from another store and ship it to me , but they said they can not if the website says "Not available for shipping".

If you had an instore pickup, they should be able to switch the store that you'll be picking up the item from. I dunno if the store is prohibitively far away, but they can switch the existing order to that store.

So what was the hourly amount of effort spent on phone and going to store for this? :)

The Best Buy in Williston Vermont still has both the regular Blu-ray and the one with the figure for $6.99 each. Looks like I wound up doing store pick-up and waiting twenty minutes in the pick-up line for nothing. I wonder how long the sales going on for, and I'm more surprised other Best Buys still don't have this deal in the store.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']The Best Buy in Williston Vermont still has both the regular Blu-ray and the one with the figure for $6.99 each. Looks like I wound up doing store pick-up and waiting twenty minutes in the pick-up line for nothing. I wonder how long the sales going on for, and I'm more surprised other Best Buys still don't have this deal in the store.[/QUOTE]

As stated in the title the sale is Dead. It's been Dead since Sun. afternoon, I was lucky and was able to get the BB exclusive and get them to adjust the regular one I bought Tues. If the signage is still up for it then I'd pick them up because they have to, well they don't have to but for the most part they should honor the signage.

Yeah, I picked up three copies, (one from the in-store pickup) and two to give away as presents. Vermont always was slow when it came to things, nice to see it actually benefits me for a change. There might still be a few more Best Buys around that are slow to return the price to the original $25+.

[quote name='Pookymeister']So what was the hourly amount of effort spent on phone and going to store for this? :)[/QUOTE]
If it wasn't for the two people who hung up on me at the call center, the two or three people that basically told me, "There's nothing that can be done for you" it'd be a lot less. I probably spent about an actual two hours on the phone spread throughout two days. The drive from work to the out of the way Best Buy, buying it, and driving home probably only took one hour or so.

It was the principality of the thing!

[quote name='Masterkyo']my local bb have 1 instock but tag $24.99. I wonder it still ring up $7-ish ?[/QUOTE]

It won't - but since you were obviously there, the easiest option would have been to just try it.

Was there a certain timeframe to get this price? I did the in store pick up the weekend prior to release and did not get that price!

[quote name='Taco5']Was there a certain timeframe to get this price? I did the in store pick up the weekend prior to release and did not get that price![/QUOTE]

The timeframe was about 2-3 hours to the best of my knowledge.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']The timeframe was about 2-3 hours to the best of my knowledge.

M[/QUOTE]

It was longer than that. I ordered my copy about 1:30 am Saturday and it was still running as of 9:30 sunday morning.

I just picked up my copy today [BD+Exclusive Figure] since placing the order on Sunday. About to watch it either today or tomorrow. For $6.99, it should be worth it :whistle2:D But yeah, the time frame was really small on this... Glad I sleep really late :whistle2:D

LIke I posted earlier I got the one I ordered on friday adjusted and the one I ordered for instore pickup sat was waiting for me tues and I had no problems walking in and picking it up

I had a copy in my hand and didn't buy it, I was hoping amazon would match.

The only way I can think to get a copy that cheap is that the promo price tag says 'Valid until 9/04/10'. Think if I came back next week, I could get them to honor that price? I took pictures for a record.

So I was at fairlakes today and saw the sign for the blu ray with figure for 6.99..of course they had no copies so I went up to CS and told them that the movie was on sale for 6.99 and that I bought it last tuesday. We both walk up to the tag, the guy pulls the tag, talks to another associate, the other associate is shocked , then he goes to a manager behind closed doors and comes back after a few minutes...does the price adjustment and rips up the tag infront of me (aww too bad they didn't have anymore in stock!) ..of course he needs a managers override and the manager , (john?) gets really pissed that a 30 dollar movie is tagged 6.99 and asked if he pulled the tag... Hey it's not his staff's fault..it's the people who made the tags to be put on the shelf...

Anyways good deal for a great movie.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My order is still on backorder status but local stores show stock, I wonder if I can call and switch my order to in-store pickup?[/QUOTE]

I've done that before.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My order is still on backorder status but local stores show stock, I wonder if I can call and switch my order to in-store pickup?[/QUOTE]

in regards to these queries, is it possible for them to not only turn down your request but cancel your order? i'm only waiting it out to hopefully guarantee the price but if that risk isn't there, i'll try the in-store pick up.

[quote name='exRounder']in regards to these queries, is it possible for them to not only turn down your request but cancel your order? i'm only waiting it out to hopefully guarantee the price but if that risk isn't there, i'll try the in-store pick up.[/QUOTE]When you "change" an order to in-store pickup or shipment, they cancel the existing order and make a new order for the item, which is a 2nd CC auth, for those worried about such things.

[quote name='shrike4242']When you "change" an order to in-store pickup or shipment, they cancel the existing order and make a new order for the item, which is a 2nd CC auth, for those worried about such things.[/QUOTE]

AND they have to price this item at the "correct" price in this case since it is such a significant discount...At least that is what they told me.

[quote name='slowdive21']AND they have to price this item at the "correct" price in this case since it is such a significant discount...At least that is what they told me.[/QUOTE]If they're canceling an order for this item at $6.99 because it can't be picked for in-store pickup and they're making a shipping order for this item, they have to match the price for the item on the first order, otherwise, they're happily screwing you out of the item at the sale/reduced price.

If they did that to me, it's an instant call to Customer Care to bitch them out over such stupidity.

[quote name='shrike4242']If they're canceling an order for this item at $6.99 because it can't be picked for in-store pickup and they're making a shipping order for this item, they have to match the price for the item on the first order, otherwise, they're happily screwing you out of the item at the sale/reduced price.

If they did that to me, it's an instant call to Customer Care to bitch them out over such stupidity.[/QUOTE]

That was customer care @ bb.com. They can not make a shipping order because the item is "no longer available for shipping".

[quote name='slowdive21']That was customer care @ bb.com. They can not make a shipping order because the item is "no longer available for shipping".[/QUOTE]I still stick to it being an instant bitch at Customer Relations, as they could make an order for in-store pickup if it's available in-store. Canceling it outright isn't an option they get to exercise.

[quote name='shrike4242']I still stick to it being an instant bitch at Customer Relations, as they could make an order for in-store pickup if it's available in-store. Canceling it outright isn't an option they get to exercise.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately my order canceled today, even though it now says it is available for shipping and it is in stock at a store by my house. I hate best buy. :bomb:

I did get a $5 GC, but hardly worth it.

Success! I called 1-888-BESTBUY and got my order changed to in-store pickup...even saved the $2.99 shipping fee that was attached. Now I just need to wait for my email confirmation and I'm golden!

Success! Bought these 2 for $2.14 & $2.15 after RZ Cert. Also bought Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs 3D for $4.59 after RZ Cert. :D

2h8021x.jpg

I picked up my two copies of Under the Red Hood Special Edition the other day. I was really lucky that they still had special editions left. They actually gave me 1 DVD version and 1 Blu ray version, but they ended up finding me another Blu ray special edition in the back stock room. I also got my 1st penny guides in over a year. They were the mario and pokemon ones from the drop in june. All in all it was a good trip.

I also really enjoyed the movie a lot more than I was expecting. I've been a die hard batman fan my whole life, but I forgot who the Red Hood actually was until I starting watching the film. I'm glad this $6.99 deal came along because I probably wouldn't have paid full price when I knew there was no Kevin Conroy or Mark Hammil.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Success! Bought these 2 for $2.14 & $2.15 after RZ Cert. Also bought Cloudy w/ a Chance of Meatballs 3D for $4.59 after RZ Cert. :D

2h8021x.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What RZ coupon??

[quote name='scarface983']What RZ coupon??[/QUOTE]Not a RZ coupon, it's a RZ certificate he was talking about.

They're what get sent to you via email for payment on purchases that you earn the RZ points on.

There's no coupon, so no need to get excited.

[quote name='shrike4242']Not a RZ coupon, it's a RZ certificate he was talking about.

They're what get sent to you via email for payment on purchases that you earn the RZ points on.

There's no coupon, so no need to get excited.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's like saying I got a PS3 for $10 with RZ cert. Sure, I might have used a $290 cert, but if i don't mention that i can post low prices :lol:

so it works when you call and switch orders to pick up?

there are two BB's in Manhattan that have it in stock.
but i am little doubtful and i think i will give it 9 or 10 more days since it is a backorder
after that, i am going to try calling.

i have done this 3x already for backorders. i just order it and let it sit. i called them monday nite and they changed to instore pickup and took off the shipping. so my total is $7.61. probably pick it up tomorrow. glad i didnt hesitate because my local store is sold out again.

bread's done
Back