[Dead for years] Ace Combat 6 + Flight Stick (360) Now $100 at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bojay1997']That was only for last week's sale. It is back up to $150 now.[/quote]
Just went to Best Buy and it was still $130 here. Didn't pick it up because I'm waiting for a better stick... hopefully it'll be with AC7.

[quote name='artego']Just went to Best Buy and it was still $130 here. Didn't pick it up because I'm waiting for a better stick... hopefully it'll be with AC7.[/quote]
yeah. I hope it will drop after Christmas. Those things are not exactly shelf space friendly and clearing them after the holiday season may be a priority for them.

Or wait for a 10% off RZ coupon.

[quote name='eau']yeah. I hope it will drop after Christmas. Those things are not exactly shelf space friendly and clearing them after the holiday season may be a priority for them.

Or wait for a 10% off RZ coupon.[/QUOTE]

They may sell out again if they indeed produced a small run of them. Does anyone know if this works with the new H.A.W.X game?

[quote name='artego']Just went to Best Buy and it was still $130 here. Didn't pick it up because I'm waiting for a better stick... hopefully it'll be with AC7.[/quote]

As someone pointed out before, the $130 price tag is probably a sales tag they forgot to take away or replace with the $150 one. If you purchase it while the $130 tag is still up, you can probably get them to price adjust it down to $130.

[quote name='Pck21']I already posted a thread about this but GS is selling Ace Combat 6 for $29.99 new now. Maybe the bundle will drop at BB too? I definitely hope so...[/QUOTE]

That's some old news. The game has been $30 just about everywhere for a week now including Best Buy. Still no bundle price drop from Best Buy.

[quote name='misbitski']Does anyone know if this works with the new H.A.W.X game?[/quote]
Yes it does. Confirmed by the developers.

[quote name='artego']Yes it does. Confirmed by the developers.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks for the confirmation. I was going to try and sell my controller, but I might just keep it for AC6 and H.A.W.X. I also still have Blazing Angels 2 which should use it.

[quote name='bojay1997']That's some old news. The game has been $30 just about everywhere for a week now including Best Buy. Still no bundle price drop from Best Buy.[/quote]

Well if they do drop the price of the bundle I hope it happens before January 8th [Holiday Return deadline for Best Buy]...

[quote name='packman75']The bundle is going for $99.99 on bestbuy.com.[/quote]

Nice. Thanks. Still not sure if I'll keep this or the Fry's Aviator stick bundle for half the price*, but at least this makes it a horse race.

*Actually possibly less than half the price, since the Fry's bundle is two separate items and the game may be returnable.

I knew this wasn't going to last at $150. Now the decision whether to wait for another drop or risk them selling out at $100...

$100 is too expensive for me. You can get sealed copy (game only) at Game Rush block buster for $17 plus taxes. the stick itself freaking expensive.

Hey guys, any advice on whether this bundle is worth $100 or not? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but don't want to regret it. Could this fall to $60 later? If that's the case, I'll probably just wait. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I got my husband one of these for his birthday last year, i must say he was pretty excited. He liked the feel of it alot and he is very picky about his first person shooters, some of the missions were overly hard or very annoying. I will say he had me get rid of the box because he never plans on selling it.

I've been looking at picking this up for a while now. The Best Buy closest to me has 15+ of these. $100 is still too much though. :(

I'll cross my fingers for another price drop and maybe get it then.

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Hey guys, any advice on whether this bundle is worth $100 or not? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger, but don't want to regret it. Could this fall to $60 later? If that's the case, I'll probably just wait. Any input would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

TOTALLY worth it IMO. Got it at launch and have really enjoyed playing it. The flight stick is very solid and well made. I don't think you would regret it...especially at 100. Pardon the pun...but pull the trigger on this one ;)

It's true - the game can be picked up brand new for cheap. But the real question is if the controller is worth $70 or so. If it's a quality accessory that really takes the game to another level, then maybe. I know a friend of mine had fun just using the regular controller, so I'm still on the fence about this one. Can anyone tell us more about the flightstick? I would like more feedback on whether its top notch or not...

Edit: Thanks for your input, Jousley! I went ahead and just got this as a Christmas present to myself. It's a bit on the pricey side, but I've been looking for another excuse to game and this looks like it could be fun. Here's hoping it's as good as people say it is!

The controller is fantastic. On top of the Xbox 360 compatibility, the Ace Edge works on Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista PC's. People were paying over $150 for the controller alone on Ebay for a reason.

[quote name='sliknik27']Noooooooooo! I paid $129.99 and haven't even used it yet!

Oh well, I've made much worse purchases in my day.[/quote]
You should be able to price adjust or do a rebuy/return using old receipt, thanks to their extended holiday return policy (assuming you bought it after Nov 1).

Now I'm hoping they will have one of those 10% off movie/music/game coupons soon.

man...so very, very tempting...

is this going to be hard to find? or can i wait for another drop? I know i know, its the eternal question..

[quote name='eau']Now I'm hoping they will have one of those 10% off movie/music/game coupons soon.[/quote]

[quote name='Indiana Jones']You know, an RZ coupon would be nice about now.[/quote]

Apparently I'm on a different BB mailing list than you guys. I used mine Monday night as 12/15 was the last day. $89.99. I'm hoping the game inside is sealed and I can sell it for close to retail, for a net of around $60 for the controller. That is, if there's not another drop in the next 6 weeks...

[quote name='turls']Then Microsoft, Sony, Netflix, Valve, etc. need to be suing the ISPs that are starting this B.S. metered internet service before it takes hold or they won't have their model for many of us. I currently have only one viable choice for broadband and they are going to be implementing a 5GB cap per month.[/quote]

Wow. They don't have a "business" plan? I know Comcast has "business" plans that will remove their 250GB cap (or raise it a lot).
I have a local ISP that has never restricted me in anyway -- been with them for 14 years. They are great and maybe the #2 reason to never move away (family #1).
With a 5GB cap ... I don't know how that world would be.

I went ahead and ordered this. Shipping was only $3. But tax brought the total close to $111. The bad thing was that my Reward Zone ID would no longer associate with my bestbuy.com account. I went into both accounts and synchronized the information. Still wouldn't work. I called the 800 number and the lady said that Reward Zone (when they open) would be able to associate the RZ with the order after the fact. That better be true.

[quote name='gantt']Apparently I'm on a different BB mailing list than you guys. I used mine Monday night as 12/15 was the last day. $89.99. I'm hoping the game inside is sealed and I can sell it for close to retail, for a net of around $60 for the controller. That is, if there's not another drop in the next 6 weeks...[/quote]

RZ never sends me anything. :cry:

You guys are missing out. I tell ya, you are complaining about it still being $100, yet they are STILL selling for $200 on Ebay as of this week. Sometimes I think its a matter of being TOO cheap to pull the trigger on a good deal.

[quote name='jousley']You guys are missing out. I tell ya, you are complaining about it still being $100, yet they are STILL selling for $200 on Ebay as of this week. Sometimes I think its a matter of being TOO cheap to pull the trigger on a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Have to disagree here. While there are lots of them listed for $180-$200, I don't see any actually being purchased at that price. Most are bid up to around $90 or so. I think this has at least one more price drop ahead, particularly since two of my local Best Buys in Los Angeles just brought out a stack of 15-20 more from the back storage. It's actually kind of shocking how many of these they seem to have still in stock.

There was a new one today that went for $199 on the 'bay, and a used one (game & stick only, no bonus DVD or faceplate) that went for $159.xx; you guys should check completed listings.

I told my friend about this deal, but he wasn't having any of it. He thinks that this bundle will drop to $59.99 in the next couple of months, so he's holding out. I am going to enjoy mine in the meantime, but if it does end up dropping that low, I'll probably just pick up two then! If someone notices another price drop, please bump this thread for those that would still like to get this set cheaper.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I paid $60 for both the flightstick and the game. Then again... I have other means of getting items.[/quote]

What are those other means....REALLY big pockets??? ;)

[quote name='Monroeski']Pretty sure that's not the same joystick.[/QUOTE]

The included joystick has 2 components (joystick and throttle control) like the Saitek. Very Nice deal. I'd buy it if I didn't enjoy sleeping in the same bed as my wife so much. . .although. . .I do have a $20 gift card and nice couch. . .hmmmm

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I paid $60 for both the flightstick and the game. Then again... I have other means of getting items.[/QUOTE]

You're this guy aren't you?
benhaar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back