[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

I don't see microsoft caring about this. Gamestop obviously bought the codes, to use in their promotion. They don't care who gets the credit. Gamestop probably on the other hand would probably prefer it to be different people that they can sell their shit to. This is only to get you to ad that app on facebook.

I'm sure I'm not going to exploit this with EVERY facebook account my family has... :whistle2:
photo-thumb-99833.jpg

^ Your avatar pic is appropriate. :twisted:

Well this sucks that you have to have a Facebook account to actually get the code.

I just want to selectively live off the grid   :cry:

I'm thinking about using my second FB account to get a code, not really sure how expensive XBLA is as I've never gone in there. How worried should I be if I were to get a second code? Just want one extra, don't wanna be greedy. Has any giveaway like this been done before & the points were taken away if abused?

well, collected around 40 bucks. thanks to friends and family. though a friend of mine managed to snag 60 bucks. that bastard.

I get the Facebook thing.  It would be impossible to keep people from getting more than one if they required only an email, because an email is easy to set up super-quick. Facebook takes longer AND its easy to see if a FB account is brand new.

Damn :c just missed out less than a minute.
would of been nice to have one

Nice to know everyone abused this and made so many fake accounts :/

Last edited by a moderator:
They're actually "Microsoft Points" now, so you can use it on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 app stores and Xbox Music and Video stores (formerly Zune, which aren't actually restricted to Xbox consoles), too. (Pretty sure they can't be used as payment in Microsoft stores, but feel free to correct me.)

I believe the rules say once per promotion period, so that's once a week. Look for the new clue/link next Thursday.
Uhm... No...

Actually they're NOT points. That was the old system, and for some time it's been $$$ now...

Also you can't get a code each week. It's one per the duration of the contest per person

bread's done
Back