[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

Man you are moaning little bitch. I enjoyed redeeming a crapload of these while at work and having my son at home for summer vacation making FB accounts on the fly. See some of us have access to a PC while at work, you may not while working a register.
If he's moaning like a little bitch, you are acting like one. We all have computers at work, but apparently not all of us slack off while on duty. Who cares how you were abusing the promotion or why you were doing it? Nobody, I assure you. Your behaviour definitely does not match that of a grown-up with a job, but rather that of a teenage boy.

Why would you post your SSN on Facebook?
The_joke.jpg

Gamestop just tweeted out a Vine within the past hour.

Pretty ingenious to spring it on followers like that.

No, I wasn't lucky enough to catch one this time.  I missed it by a few minutes and I'm not about to try each of the 10 codes 8min. later.  :D

Congrats if you did!

http://twitter.com/GameStop/status/480024939865440256

*Pro tip:  pausing a Vine IS possible.  ;)

"Limit to 1 per account" is pretty much out the window if they are throwing out codes by this method.  Stack up the codes if you were lucky enough to get them, today or yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still pissed about people trying to sell these, Sh$t ebay and the trade section is filled up with these, greedy bastards

if GS does it the same way next week, im going to be a whore and get a bunch. Not to sell though.
I don't think I will be able to nab any code, People are going to start creating fake facebook acounts to get them so you can easly say that they will be gone within 10 minutes

Because it's Facebook. It's not like you had to link your bank account or some shit.
Well, just an FYI, for those of us that post our SSN and other very personal info on FB, this is an outrage!
I may sound crazy, but you'd be surprised at how much of the information on Facebook that people post, thinking its unimportant, is actually really sensitive because it can be used to access the truly important stuff.

They say that it comes live at 12pm
Anyone know the exact time it went live on Thursday?

They say that it comes live at 12pm
I had no idea about the promotion until I read it on a Gamestop tweet yesterday morning.

I generally check Twitter multiple times during the day. A follow up tweet came just minutes later with the 1st "clue".

It surprised me that I was able to get a code so quick and easily. I ONLY GOT ONE! I was satisfied and happy with that.

It was just after 1 p.m. Central.

Rules state that it can happen anytime during the 12 P.M. (Noon) Central time hour -- on Thursdays.

Going back to review their Twitter feed, began at 12:55 p.m. CDT and soon followed with the "clue" that OP posted here.

bit.ly/ g s - x b o x - o n e <<< the clue that I first saw and "deciphered". ;)

I love the idea of this. And since I have a couple codes I'm never going to redeem, I thought I'd give you guys some fun with a CAG version.

There are 2 hidden codes somewhere in this mess of text.

​
DNJ75 - G661A - JHAY6 - LMA62 - HU28N
HA4NN - HHS5S - LUZ61 - 1U4HN - JSBLW
78SH4 - GAU2N - 3H3YA - 2U7D9 - THANU
LO98Y - GNSLY - 6EK8S - 3G3G6 - JSBIS
P10A6 - MQPZU - 10ZU5 - IST38 - NISLQ
2T226 - YSNU9 - 2UVSL - USMA4 - YSLA7
6SMPD - YS7AN - 3YKOU - VHAT7 - HA0AR 
TSNIA - 635J7 - FF84D - YMB2T - F7PQC -
K2KHM - QHP9Q - UUL6L - LOL73 - UYTRE 
1A2B3 - OUY9Z - CGYTH - 12NHT - Y6T5R
B6H32 - LO1N7 - U6TS7 - Y6Y5A - POLVD
2Y34M - SNSG4 - THESA - W23E4 - LKJHY
YY97S - 2WEM8 - RT664 - YH5ST - CSPW9
Q9Q6G - NXYSP - YW6Y7 - WEZP9 - 4H84C
3Q97D - 4RJG4 - JY8H2 - MR746 - POLBS
P9U55 - F76BB - S4YN9 - 1QWEV - G6GAA

First to fin and redeem them, gets them. Post when you find them.

I love the idea of this. And since I have a couple codes I'm never going to redeem, I thought I'd give you guys some fun with a CAG version.

Haha nice one man... I'm not even going to try that but happy hunting fellas lol

I found them both, but didn't use them.

1. Nice idea

2. I wish I had better stuff to do this evening

3. You're a bastard for putting these in the $5 thread

They are worth searching for, though.. maybe.

Or did I make all this up?

I got a Gears of War code

I got a Gears of War code from this mess. Was it by accident?

Got one code last Thursday, tried with my father's fb and some how it registered back to my fb. I was using a dif PC, ip, and email. Just odd it happened and reading on here a person could get so many.

Got one code last Thursday, tried with my father's fb and some how it registered back to my fb. I was using a dif PC, ip, and email. Just odd it happened and reading on here a person could get so many.
I had my mom get one for me, she used my internet, but different comp and it went through ok. Maybe a fluke?

So does everything get whipped clean next promotion? Basically can we redeem a code with the same FB, we did the first time. Cuz I know during the time the promotion was LIVE you could only use your FB once. BUT now since its a new promotion, can we use our FB again?

Just wanted to get it right, so at 12pm CT they will put up a "clue" on their social media and it's most likey a link then we go to that link which requires FB then an Xbox credit code will be generated? Thanks. Actually just wanted to know if it starts exactly at 12pm CT or it can be anytime starting that? And how long did it last last time?

we are not sure about that yet, I hope  get to get 1 code today, I wanna buy lego batman =), I hope they don't use the facebook thing again, Im pretty sure that thousand of persons have created fake accounts already just to take advantage of this and try to sell the codes afterwards, such a dissgusting behavior

I don't know lol would suck to make the accounts and then this time around is for something else entirely.
just don't, unless you are going to use all the credit for yourself

I mean, I wouldn't get mad if the codes are redeemed by yourself, but just getting them to sell them later is what really pisses me off

I don't know lol would suck to make the accounts and then this time around is for something else entirely.
Thats true but what else could they do to prevent people from getting multiple codes? FB is probably the most efficient way, even though its breakable it still cuts down the majority of people. I think haha.

I made a few extra accounts myself, hopefully I dont ever have to buy Microsoft cash again.

Edit: I wanted to point out that it lasted about 4 hours last week, I wonder if it will even make it 1 hour this time.

if any cag is reading this, please , don't be a scumbag and try to sell the codes you get, I remeber a cag selling 95$ he got from this promo.

I find it funny how so many people are going to rely on the generosity of Gamestop for running this promotion exploit it instead of just buying Xbox money. That shit isn't that expensive... Well, maybe that's because I'm not the typical gamer - you know, who has a job and can afford Xbox currency

I find it funny how so many people are going to rely on the generosity of Gamestop for running this promotion exploit it instead of just buying Xbox money. That shit isn't that expensive... Well, maybe that's because I'm not the typical gamer - you know, who has a job and can afford Xbox currency
I am not relying on it, but why buy it when someone is handing it out for free? I do have a full time job for the record.

Well, we're here at a site named cheapassgamer aren't we? :p

I am not relying on it, but why buy it when someone is handing it out for free? I do have a full time job for the record.
I am relying on it. Last week when the promotion ended, I had a device inserted into my heart that will only keep me alive if I get Gamestop $5 Xbox money. I'll have the doc remove it in a couple weeks. I often do this to remind me to participate in promotions because I used to always just miss them.

Man, hopefully i manage to get some help for 6 of these codes. I want that Dark Souls 2 Season Pass so bad.
What do you need help with? Just have 6 facebooks made. Clear your cookies/browsing history after claiming each code. This isnt full proof but thats my plan.

if any cag is reading this, please , don't be a scumbag and try to sell the codes you get, I remeber a cag selling 95$ he got from this promo.
They will be even more of a bottom feeding, scumbag this time around. I am hoping that the people doing this are just little kids with no jobs, but sadly I think its a lot of the SD trashy adults who are just too greedy for their own good.

Somehow they justify using CAG community to get these good deals, then they exploit it so other CAGs cannot get in on it, but then act like they are being generous by selling the codes back to these CAGs. Anything for a buck though.

What do you need help with? Just have 6 facebooks made. Clear your cookies/browsing history after claiming each code. This isnt full proof but thats my plan.
Some friends and family that may help. But i didn't think about that, thank you very much. I will try it, anything to feed my baby backlog.

Hopefully I could get at least one and I'm happy. Never got a code the last time, that was very fast.
They actually didn't go very fast last time. It lasted a few hours.

I got a code around 1 PM Central time from the clue that was tweeted out just minutes before (during the 12 PM hour).

I didn't go posting it all around the internet. I only got 1.

I have an actual twitter account that follows GS. I have a real facebook.

They actually didn't go very fast last time. It lasted a few hours.

I got a code around 1 PM Central time from the clue that was tweeted out just minutes before (during the 12 PM hour).

I didn't go posting it all around the internet. I only got 1.

I have an actual twitter account that follows GS. I have a real facebook.
I have a real facebook too, 17 of them actually.

bread's done
Back