[DEAD] GameStop Treasure Hunt Thursdays Challenge - Free $5 Xbox credit

Thank god it is over. I was getting sick of making fake accounts.
this...i could not find an easy way to create fake FB accounts. and after creating some accounts FB asked me for mobile phone verification so I had to change my IP a few times. got only around $200 + $45 i gave to friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored about $45 in Xbox currency, and now I have 8 fake Facebook accounts to beat up deals like this in the future. Hope everyone made out well.

What exactly are you gonna look for..? It's one code per promotion, not per week... So unless you make another acct (or a friends'/family member) you aint gettin more...
Per promotion may also mean per each weekly event. No way of really knowing until next week.

and to add to that:

There is a limit of one (1) Code redemption per person per Challenge Period. All times are in “CT”.

Challenge Periods

Dates Time

6/19/2014 12:00 PM– 11:59 PM

6/26/2014 12:00 PM– 11:59 PM

7/3/2014 12:00 PM– 11: 59 PM

7/10/2014 12:00 PM– 11:59 PM

If anyone has any Amazon gift cards or PSN credit to trade, I got $95 worth of codes from this that I have no use for. No longer own any Microsoft products. Willing to trade more Xbox money for less other money e.g. $95 of Xbox codes for $70 PSN or $50 Amazon GC.

would someoen like to trade some of the the codes you nabbed (Dissapointed) for  any of the club nintendo games?

Can you buy X1 games with this currency?, I managed to get $30 if so will try to complete $60 for a retail game next time.
you can, you just gotta add a credit card/paypal and they will ask you if you want to use those 30$ along with the money from the credit card/paypal

I find it funny how some people display their achievements with pride. I mean abusing an offer for 10 - 15 bucks, meh, is somewhat ok, but for $100, that's just pure greed. Not gonna even mention those that don't use the codes, or collect them for FREE to sell them. Comes to show that the human nature is not much diffrent than that of animals.

If anyone has any Amazon gift cards or PSN credit to trade, I got $95 worth of codes from this that I have no use for. No longer own any Microsoft products. Willing to trade more Xbox money for less other money e.g. $95 of Xbox codes for $70 PSN or $50 Amazon GC.
this is just awful, some of us weren't even fortunate enough to get one...

Got home from work and see this thread blowing up, more free shit to abuse lol

I click on the link but the offer is expired.

Anyone wants to trade me $5 xbox currency for $5 walmart?

For everyone saying they missed out, there's still three more chances the next three Thursdays. Just because people abused it today doesn't mean they dried the pool of free codes forever. 

I'm glad the greasy neckbeards who don't have to work for a living were able to sit around and spend hours creating facebook accounts and ruin the free five dollars for the rest of us. Should I feel sorry that these people are so poor that they HAVE to abuse this as they can't afford xbox live credit? Or should I be upset that some people are just greedy scum.

Edit: I understand it's going on for another few weeks but judging by how fast this promo expired it'll probably only be up for minutes at best next week.

Shameful how people abuse these kind of offers.

I'm glad the greasy neckbeards who don't have to work for a living were able to sit around and spend hours creating facebook accounts and ruin the free five dollars for the rest of us. Should I feel sorry that these people are so poor that they HAVE to abuse this as they can't afford xbox live credit? Or should I be upset that some people are just greedy scum.

Edit: I understand it's going on for another few weeks but judging by how fast this promo expired it'll probably only be up for minutes at best next week.
I got off work at 2 after working the past 8 hrs. Jumped on here and saw in, took $15. I have two accounts (work/personal) and my finace has one so I used it to my advantage. Now people doing 20-30-100....that's too much. CAGs have to be fast to get on a deal, right?

yeah it is a shame that i dont have to work at midnight my time....

What really annoys the hell out of me, is these individuals that have no shame in admitting they took something free, they did not need and would like to sell it, for a reasonable price, of course (see Jono guy). I come from Romania, a country considered way behind the so called western culture, however it seems to me like the well mannered western people act like a bunch of hungry wolves. Freaking hypocrites!

@Drkmage: Totally behind you dude!

Yearly bird gets the warm, got to be quick. There is next time, but what humors me that ppl going to know now and many folk will be drawing right on the clock.  See movie "the quick and the dead" ....Red Dead Redemption duel style.

ok what do you guys want for 1 of these? maybe someone would like to donate it to me? I wanted to buy max payne 3 =(

ok what do you guys want for 1 of these? maybe someone would like to donate it to me? I wanted to buy max payne 3 =(
Oh Shnapz, Max Payne 3 is only $4.99 on the 360 right now. Thanks for the reminder on that. I'll use the one code I got towards that.

I'm happy for the people who got more than one code (Wish I had). The real bone to pick should be with the people who complain and call names about not getting something that was not promised to them. Just more names for the ignore list.

The contest hours and code limitations were posted for all who cared to look, and just because someone got multiple codes still doesn't mean you would have got one. That's the real sense of entitlement right there. 

The jealousy is so lame. It's crazy someone got $95 but don't cry about it.
Yeah, but he's selling all that credit he got for free! How is that fair? Would you like to buy his codes for example, knowing they were free? He doesn't even have a damn Xbox console. It's sad how people encourage this type of behaviour.

For those of you complaining about people being upset, don't even say anything. It's totally fine for people to take in moderation, but to go as far as some of these people have (especially the one who doesn't even own an Xbox) is totally unnecessary. And for those stating that there are more weeks to come, that is indeed correct, but don't forget to note that now everyone and their mother's are expecting them next week - thus drastically cutting the time it will take to deplete.

Use your heads, folks. Be fair and kind, it will actually get you places.

kitty.jpg

still hoping to get a code to get max payne 3, how much would you guys like for one? please dont say full retail price

Funny thing is, why have an intermediary to regulate who's getting the codes? Easiest way should've been to have people sign into their live accounts and those with active gold subs would be able to receive a free code. That way, no abuse, and almost literally one per person.

I chose not to partake because of paranoia. Why give out my facebook details for $5?

I'd love some help. I was at work when I heard about this, got on my phone, went to the site...blah blah blah... and ended up with a confirmation email and a 16 digit code. Redeemed that on the website linked to from the site and...nothing. Did I miss something? Ended up connecting with Facebook at one point, but I honestly have no idea where the code is supposed to be. any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Man you are moaning little bitch. I enjoyed redeeming a crapload of these while at work and having my son at home for summer vacation making FB accounts on the fly. See some of us have access to a PC while at work, you may not while working a register.

bread's done
Back