Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, SimCity, Army of Two with $20 Credits @ Amazon

Dead Space 3 confirmed to have micro transactions. Doubtful purchase for me, but thanks for the heads up!

^^ for weapon building, modding... whatever. Why not buy the game and NOT use the micro transaction part of the game? I know I won't.

Sweet, pre-ordered this earlier this month for the price of $56.99 and glad to see the return of the $20 credit from Amazon, thanks OP.

Which version is better for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3: 360 or PS3? I don't want to start a flame war I just want to ask because I'm not super familiar with the earlier games.

yeah sticking with my bestbuy preorder deals. the ability to get the 20 off and to price match in 60 days is too much of a chance to get paid for playing new release games. only problem now is rushing through backlog, i.e. finishing dead space 1 n 2 before 3 comes out! :)

[quote name='kelo360']Which version is better for Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3: 360 or PS3? I don't want to start a flame war I just want to ask because I'm not super familiar with the earlier games.[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 looked better on PS3 from what I remember. You can expect to have multiple discs for the 360 version too. Overall they should be pretty similar though.

[quote name='Reraise']As much as i like this, AAA games rarely drop more than $20 in the first 2 months. At least with this amazon credit, the drop is guaranteed, so i dont have to worry about PM.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy already has a $20 credit - and that isn't factored into the PM. So if it drops to $50 in 59 days, you still keep the $20 credit and get $10 back. That's what he means ;).

Though im gonna order from Amazon since I have too much credit there as it is =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot, I was going to hold off on this one, but that $20 is really tempting....

Glad to see Amazon back into the fray, it's been too long.

[quote name='Link2999']Crysis 2 looked better on PS3 from what I remember. You can expect to have multiple discs for the 360 version too. Overall they should be pretty similar though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I wish BB would take pre-orders via BB.com w/o having to pay the whole price like Amazon. Amazon doesn't charge you till it's being shipped.

[quote name='Methoes']I wish BB would take pre-orders via BB.com w/o having to pay the whole price like Amazon. Amazon doesn't charge you till it's being shipped.[/QUOTE]

if you do not like paying in full. your best option with bb is to preorder it in store

[quote name='destro4eva']Shoot, I was going to hold off on this one, but that $20 is really tempting....

Glad to see Amazon back into the fray, it's been too long.[/QUOTE]

Kind of off topic but I hardly every log in on weekdays to post. I just had to tell you that your signature has the greatest gif I've seen in ages hahaha. :applause:

[quote name='Pookymeister']Best Buy already has a $20 credit - and that isn't factored into the PM. So if it drops to $50 in 59 days, you still keep the $20 credit and get $10 back. That's what he means ;).[/QUOTE]

The 60 day PM is only valid for purchases made by RZ Silver members, correct? I thought regular purchases only had 30 days to do a post sale PM.

Still, I can't see Dead Space 3 dropping that much in just a couple months, I could be wrong I guess. The convenience of not having to go to the store on a Tuesday after work, instant $20 promo code, no tax, getting the game delivered to me on release day (I have Prime), AND getting Amazon exclusive dlc that I can sell on eBay a couple months down the road and make some of my money back, makes Amazon the winner for me.

I love Best Buy, but I've had terrible luck in the past with the $20 back promos.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Something I have been meaning to ask. Is there any way during checkout on Amazon to NOT automatically use existing promo credits?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

You could try this: make a pre-order for something that doesn't come out for a long time, and check that the promo credit was applied towards this bogus pre-order. Then make your real order. If the promo didn't apply towards your real order, then you're golden. Cancel your bogus order (either now, or before it releases). Not sure if this will work, but worth a try.

I bit on Crysis. Didn't really like Crysis 2, but I'm hoping to get in on the multiplayer for Crysis 3 while there's still a sizable player base. By the time I got to Crysis 2's multiplayer, I was always playing with the same people. Lol.

[quote name='CaseX']You could try this: make a pre-order for something that doesn't come out for a long time, and check that the promo credit was applied towards this bogus pre-order. Then make your real order. If the promo didn't apply towards your real order, then you're golden. Cancel your bogus order (either now, or before it releases). Not sure if this will work, but worth a try.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this works, I've been doing it for a while. I really hate that Amazon tries to suck away your gift card credit / promotion credit as soon as they can. For example, it's impossible to set up a Subscribe and Save without using your gift card credit in the process.

I remember when amazon offered 20 dollars on almost every game....good times

I still have dead space 1 and 2 un open in my backlog but i picked this up because of the 20 dollar credit

[quote name='YBX87']if you do not like paying in full. your best option with bb is to preorder it in store[/QUOTE]

You know who much I would have to drop in full with all the games coming out in 2013 when pre-orders keeps coming out?

Plus, driving to store cost gas $$$. I wish they would be more like Amazon on the pre-order policy. Guess I'll just make the trip into the store.

[quote name='Methoes']You know who much I would have to drop in full with all the games coming out in 2013 when pre-orders keeps coming out?

Plus, driving to store cost gas $$$. I wish they would be more like Amazon on the pre-order policy. Guess I'll just make the trip into the store.[/QUOTE]

They don't charge you in full if you use a credit card. It's just a recurring authorization. If you don't have the credit capacity for whatever you plan on buying, perhaps you shouldn't be buying games at all.

[quote name='LLeopardGGecko']Something I have been meaning to ask. Is there any way during checkout on Amazon to NOT automatically use existing promo credits?[/QUOTE]

Yes, change payment method and unclick credits, I do it all the time.

DS3 and Crysis 3 come out in February. Hopefully the games I want in March get this $20 promo in about a month.

I believe you can click payment options and below the credit cards is a dot for promo credit you can unselect.

[quote name='stonciddta']Yes, change payment method and unclick credits, I do it all the time.[/QUOTE]

Oops the Islanders fan beat me to it. Hockey fans are super fast. Go sabres.

Weird, but I rather support Best Buy these days after Amazon started charging tax. I don't want my showroom to go away. lol

Excellent. I've had Dead Space 3 Limited Edition pre-ordered for months on Amazon so I'll be getting this deal automatically. (I already have applied the $5 promo from months ago and have been using Bing Rewards to get $5 Amazon gift cards that I've applied, as well.)

The Microsoft Store stole my GTA5 pre-order from Amazon so I will probably switch back to Amazon just as soon as I get the $20 credit. I'll take up-front savings over 1600 MS all day; in between of now and the GTA5 launch, hopefully I can use Bing Rewards to whittle away at the price tag $5 at a time.

In for one. And fingers crossed that it's better than the demo. DS 1 & 2 ended up being better than their demos, so chances are...

I do love me some strategic dismemberment.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Dead Space 3 confirmed to have micro transactions. Doubtful purchase for me, but thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]
It'll probably work the same way as ME3, and that wasn't too bad.

Micro transactions for the game bother me in such a game and make me not want to consider it yet. I am shrewd :(
I still will want to play it, though.
OP should add Crysis 3 to the topic too, and I was hoping Bioshock might have the $20 credit to, but it doesn't.. yet

[quote name='Alien Spider']The 60 day PM is only valid for purchases made by RZ Silver members, correct? I thought regular purchases only had 30 days to do a post sale PM.

Still, I can't see Dead Space 3 dropping that much in just a couple months, I could be wrong I guess. The convenience of not having to go to the store on a Tuesday after work, instant $20 promo code, no tax, getting the game delivered to me on release day (I have Prime), AND getting Amazon exclusive dlc that I can sell on eBay a couple months down the road and make some of my money back, makes Amazon the winner for me.

I love Best Buy, but I've had terrible luck in the past with the $20 back promos.[/QUOTE]

You are correct about the price matching, 60 days for Silver Reward Zone members, 30 days for everyone else. As for the price not dropping in time, I purchased every game that was a part of the "2012 Victory Can Be Preordered" promo from Best Buy ($20 Credit with each game). The most I paid was $45 after price match for Max Payne 3 but then I got $20 back so it was basically $25 because to me the credit was as good as cash. I was able to price match every other game down to a lower price, usually $40. Max Payne 3 came out in the spring so it did not have a lot of competition, no need for lower prices. This year the spring/summer lineup is huge so we should be seeing a lot of sales/price match opportunities.

Amazon is more convenient, but Best Buy is the better deal.

Damn Amazon. Really wanted to wait for Crysis 3, to go down but that's to good of a deal to pass up. Too bad Bestbuy doesn't offer 20$ for PC because I have no doubt this will go down within 90 days.

[quote name='Mercenary09']Micro transactions for the game bother me in such a game and make me not want to consider it yet. I am shrewd :(
I still will want to play it, though.
OP should add Crysis 3 to the topic too, and I was hoping Bioshock might have the $20 credit to, but it doesn't.. yet[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it sounds like it's going to work like the other EA microtransactions - shortcuts for people who don't want to earn them. I can live with that.

Woot thanks OP! Canceled my preorder with gamestop and preordered with amazon. Unlike a lot of fans I loved Dead Space 2 just as much as the original (even the iPad game was fantastic) so I can't wait to play DS3.

Its just a shame that the pc releases were such a mess between DS2 missing DLC and DS3 not being on steam (thanks origin) this will have to be a PS3 title for me. I'll pick up the PC version later when its on sale really cheap.

[quote name='Snuggelz']This is exactly how I feel. Although, I'm drawn to the promo credit, I got both my Dead Space games for $10 and $15. Somehow I see myself not liking this game more than 2 since it looks way to geared towards action instead of scaring the shit out of you. Since Fire Emblem Awakening is coming out in the same week, I think I might pass on this.[/QUOTE]

I also got the first two Dead Space games for around $10 each. They fall down pretty quickly in price after several months, and I'm going to wait for some reviews to come out as opposed to jumping on board due to skepticism being made about where the franchise is headed. Either way, it's nice to see Amazon bring back the $20 credit for preorders even if it is the result of them just price matching the competition.

[quote name='mattyg00013']You are correct about the price matching, 60 days for Silver Reward Zone members, 30 days for everyone else. As for the price not dropping in time, I purchased every game that was a part of the "2012 Victory Can Be Preordered" promo from Best Buy ($20 Credit with each game). The most I paid was $45 after price match for Max Payne 3 but then I got $20 back so it was basically $25 because to me the credit was as good as cash. I was able to price match every other game down to a lower price, usually $40. Max Payne 3 came out in the spring so it did not have a lot of competition, no need for lower prices. This year the spring/summer lineup is huge so we should be seeing a lot of sales/price match opportunities.

Amazon is more convenient, but Best Buy is the better deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm not as annoyed about just signing up for the Unlocked membership. :)

Dead Space 2 was one of my favorite games of all time..... I really hope DS3 does not disappoint. I wish best buy 20 dollars promo applied to PC, but I had to go with the 360 version.

This is a good deal for amazon customers

Eh...think I'm going to cancel my preorder after playing the demo. Not bad at all but just too similar to the previous game. Will jump back on when price drops.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Eh...think I'm going to cancel my preorder after playing the demo. Not bad at all but just too similar to the previous game. Will jump back on when price drops.[/QUOTE]

dead space? yea played the demo too and it will just be a gamefly rental for me. I like the weapon crafting aspect but its seems to be more action oriented too.

Nice to see Amazon bringing $20 credits back. Too bad I don't want any of those games day one though.

Would be more interested to see these:
Aliens: Colonial Marines (maybe, not 100% sold)
Bioshock Infinite
The Last of Us

[quote name='yokofox33']Damn you, Amazon. I wanted to wait till this game hit the 30 dollar price range. To my knowledge it didn't take long for the first two Dead Space games to drop in price. I need to think this over...[/QUOTE]

Same here, I want that preorder edition, yet the gamble for PM is high.

[quote name='Desousa93']Same here, I want that preorder edition, yet the gamble for PM is high.[/QUOTE]

This one isn't very interesting to me. At least with DS2, PS3 users got Extraction with it.

bread's done
Back